IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th September 2022, 06:39 AM   #961
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Ha! I just told myself a joke and I liked it so much I thought I share...

Q: Do you know the difference between the January 6th riotitors and the 1962 Class of Faber University fraternity Delta Tau Chi?

A: The Delta's knew that is was a "really futile and stupid gesture" ahead of time.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 12th September 2022, 03:56 PM   #962
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Stephen Miller has been subpoenaed by the DOJ. Expect him to plead the 5th.
The DoJ has subpoenaed more than 30 people in Trump's orbit over January 6.

Breaking news, so not much more info yet.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/12/polit...y-6/index.html
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2022, 04:36 PM   #963
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
The DoJ has subpoenaed more than 30 people in Trump's orbit over January 6.

Breaking news, so not much more info yet.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/12/polit...y-6/index.html
Might as well get all the clowns from the circus.
Old 12th September 2022, 05:32 PM   #964
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Might as well get all the clowns from the circus.
That shot of the goofballs meeting on the golf course (without equipment) just screams "OK, (xxxxxxx) spilled everything. Now wtf do we do?"
Old 12th September 2022, 05:46 PM   #965
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
That shot of the goofballs meeting on the golf course (without equipment) just screams "OK, (xxxxxxx) spilled everything. Now wtf do we do?"
It amazes me that anyone would get that close to the toxic blob these days.
Old 12th September 2022, 05:54 PM   #966
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It amazes me that anyone would get that close to the toxic blob these days.
I would bet they all are part of that "more than 30" subpoenas.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2022, 07:05 PM   #967
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I would bet they all are part of that "more than 30" subpoenas.
I'll take that bet, if there's some way of settling it. Do we know who's been subpoenaed? Can we identify them in a photo of this quality?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 12:09 AM   #968
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I'll take that bet, if there's some way of settling it. Do we know who's been subpoenaed? Can we identify them in a photo of this quality?
This picture is in its high resolution form:

The Independent:

Quote:
The former president was seen in pictures touring the grounds of the Sterling property alongside a number of men including Brad Enie, his director of grounds for the club. It wasn’t immediately clear, but pictures appeared to indicate that Mr Trump was inspecting or giving a tour of his club’s golf course with Trump Organization figures.
Could be. Or this:

Quote:
Even Mr Trump’s former attorney and “fixer”, Michael Cohen, got in on the action.

“Many are asking me why Mr. Mushroom Putter was at his DC Golf Course (which is really in Virginia)? He says to play golf. My sources say he was meeting with 2 lawyers in secrecy and didn’t trust being at their offices. Notice there are no golf clubs on the cart!!!” wrote the ex-attorney.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 09:40 AM   #969
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

This picture is in its high resolution form:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...02c048cec6.jpg

The Independent:

Could be. Or this:
To be honest, I don't care too much about Cohen's speculation. (ETA: It seems to me, if I wanted to meet with lawyers privately, I wouldn't invite the director of grounds for the club. In fact, if I were meeting with lawyers, I think I'd meet in their offices, since it would take extraordinary evidence to justify bugging the office of an attorney and listening to him meet with his client.)

Meeting with golf course personnel on a golf course isn't really immediately suspicious. Of course, new evidence could change that, but I'll just wait and see.

Last edited by phiwum; 13th September 2022 at 09:43 AM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 11:22 PM   #970
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Rep. Bennie Thompson, the chair of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, said Tuesday that it is the committee's "goal" to restart public hearings on Sept. 28.
Quote:
Rep. Jamie Raskin told "Face the Nation" earlier this month that the committee still wanted to hear not only from Ginni Thomas and Gingrich, but also former Vice President Mike Pence.
Waiting for the next hearing is like waiting for your favorite TV series to finally return from hiatus. But I've got my popcorn.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 11:22 PM   #971
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently Mark Meadows complied with the subpoena from the DoJ re the Jan 6 investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/14/polit...y-6/index.html
Old 15th September 2022, 06:23 AM   #972
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Waiting for the next hearing is like waiting for your favorite TV series to finally return from hiatus. But I've got my popcorn.
I am lucky I grew my own popcorn, or this would cost me a fortune.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 02:34 PM   #973
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently at least one more Jan. 6 hearing is coming up. For anyone who wants a refresher, all the previous hearings are on a House website.
https://january6th.house.gov/legislation/hearings
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2022, 01:26 AM   #974
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Apparently at least one more Jan. 6 hearing is coming up. For anyone who wants a refresher, all the previous hearings are on a House website.
https://january6th.house.gov/legislation/hearings
Sept. 28th.
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #975
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Tomorrow's hearing has been delayed due to the hurricane in FL. No date set yet.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics