ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #801
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
Reading his tweets from this morning, he truly has no idea how things work in DC, does he?

Trump is ignorant on how the government works and in fact, Trump is so ignorant that he didn't even know that Israel was located in the Middle East!!
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #802
Civet
Muse

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Trump is ignorant on how the government works and in fact, Trump is so ignorant that he didn't even know that Israel was located in the Middle East!!
I'll admit that I've been genuinely surprised at how much trouble Trump has had getting the Republicans in Congress to function. I thought that they'd kill Obamacare off quickly and have some sort of upper-class tax cut in place by now. I wasn't expecting anything I'd be particularly happy with, but I didn't expect such dysfunction and inaction. I doubt Trump did either.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #803
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Se, I'm a middle of the road bloke. Que cera, cera. But given that, the drump is deeply disturbing. He seems entirely self unaware.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #804
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
I'll admit that I've been genuinely surprised at how much trouble Trump has had getting the Republicans in Congress to function. I thought that they'd kill Obamacare off quickly and have some sort of upper-class tax cut in place by now. I wasn't expecting anything I'd be particularly happy with, but I didn't expect such dysfunction and inaction. I doubt Trump did either.
When it comes to Obamacare, this is pretty much what I expected.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=315181
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #805
FenerFan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
This means nothing to me.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #806
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
No patience for deeper learning. A bum.
I first read that as "diaper learning" and, by god, it works that way too.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #807
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
"Counsel."
I see what you did to that quote. C'mon, fella, fess up.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #808
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Number 1 reason people have unfavorable opinion of Trump.

What's quite interesting but probably not a surprise is the number 1 reason people dislike Trump. It is his character. This stands in sharp contrasts with his predecessors where character issues hardly were a factor at all with an exception of Bill Clinton But even with Bill hardly anyone cited it as the most objectionable trait. Policy positions is pretty much always the problem people have with a President.

Trump OTOH is hated most for who he is as a human being with his character being cited universally as his most objectionable trait. Even among his supporters. Since being elected Trump has lost any moderate support he has had. This will be essential to get back but seems unlikely.
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #809
Civet
Muse

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post

You certainly had a much better read on the Republicans than I did. Makes me wonder if some folks with previously safe seats might face some alt-right primary challenges. Also makes me wonder what role Trump personally might play in a scenario like that. I can see him wanting payback against anyone who he sees as thwarting his plans and making him look ineffective.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #810
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

You certainly had a much better read on the Republicans than I did. Makes me wonder if some folks with previously safe seats might face some alt-right primary challenges. Also makes me wonder what role Trump personally might play in a scenario like that. I can see him wanting payback against anyone who he sees as thwarting his plans and making him look ineffective.
Which with the latest moves on Russian sanctions will be most of the GOP in the House and Senate...

I can't see him being able to restrain himself from taking revenge for the slight.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:57 AM   #811
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post

Actually, this doesn't surprise me either. The core of Obamacare/Romneycare was created not by Democrats but by the Heritage Foundation. But It's not over yet. Not by a longshot. A great many conservatives are pissed and have pledged revenge against the Republicans that opposed it threatening primary challenges.
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #812
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
What's quite interesting but probably not a surprise is the number 1 reason people dislike Trump. It is his character. This stands in sharp contrasts with his predecessors where character issues hardly were a factor at all with an exception of Bill Clinton But even with Bill hardly anyone cited it as the most objectionable trait. Policy positions is pretty much always the problem people have with a President.

Trump OTOH is hated most for who he is as a human being with his character being cited universally as his most objectionable trait. Even among his supporters. Since being elected Trump has lost any moderate support he has had. This will be essential to get back but seems unlikely.
It's fairly simple to explain. We have never had a president with such low character before. There are times when I have not liked presidents, but I've never thought they were bad people. Bill Clinton's "character issues" were primarily things brought up by political opponents that they were sure we were supposed to care about, like philandering or dope smoking. (For youngsters in the audience, they really did try to make an issue out of the fact that Bill Clinton smoked weed when he was in college.) He wasn't a bad person. I had a lot to say about W's personal flaws, but they weren't things that made him an awful human being.

Trump really is an awful human being. His lies aren't weasel words that he uses to speak out of both sides of his mouth, like other politicians. He tells the old fashioned kind. He just plain lies for personal gain. He's a swindler. (Trump U? We seriously elected someone responsible for that?) He just makes things up. If we wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, we could just say he's insane, and that he really believes his inauguration crowds were bigger than Obama's, despite evidence, and that he really believes he won the popular vote, but it was stolen.

But even if he's crazy, he's crazy in a self-serving, narcissistic way. He's still a bad person.
Old Today, 05:02 PM   #813
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Trump slams 'sad' Republicans who won't 'protect' him

"It's very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their President."

Protect him from what? He doesn't say, so I suppose he assumes everyone knows what he means. Most of us do, and it ain't fake news.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:26 PM   #814
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

His coat tails were pretty meager. North Carolina Republicans lost their statehouse while he won the state. Democrats gained in the Senate while he won the White House. His limited coat tails don't likely encourage other Republicans to ignore Russian meddling or commit political suicide by repealing the ACA.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics