ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "A Wilderness of Error" , "Fatal Vision" , errol morris , Jeffrey MacDonald , Joe MacGinniss , murder cases

Closed Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 05:41 AM   #3641
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Is the above your farewell message?
We should be so lucky!
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:51 AM   #3642
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
The point is that the MacDonald case court cases were never an excellent court, apart perhaps from the Article 32 proceedings, and neither were the 4th Circuit judges, or most of the Supreme Court judges. It was a legal Woolworths.

There is a bit about this sort of thing in that English Justice book by a solicitor and police court advocate published in 1932:

Quote:
Quarter Sessions has never held a high reputation as a court of justice. In the counties its usefulness or otherwise at the present time depends entirely upon its Chairman. Where Quarter Sessions, as in Warwickshire, is presided over by an eminent barrister, of strong personality, such as Mr R. A. Willes, it forms an excellent court. There are , however, other courts where amateur lawyers, inadequately controlled by their clerks, deal out justice of a very inferior type.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 11:49 AM   #3643
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,406
You do realize that a 50 year-old quote about a different court, in a different country has equal relevance to the issue of whether the guilty bastard received a fair trial then the colour of my underwear today?
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 07:15 PM   #3644
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
The point is that the MacDonald case court cases were never an excellent court, misc. non-jumping jive snipped
On the contrary, it was a most excellent court. It did what other observers are sometimes incapable of, recognizing a pack of lies when they hear it.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 07:16 PM   #3645
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
You do realize that a 50 year-old quote about a different court, in a different country has equal relevance to the issue of whether the guilty bastard received a fair trial then the colour of my underwear today?
Their man crush wears shining armor and rides a unicorn.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th February 2018, 07:51 AM   #3646
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Lazy

IMO, the landlord's biggest sin is that he is beyond lazy and he actually seems to embrace this negative tag. I would bet the farm that he hasn't read a quarter of the following CID report.

http://www.crimearchives.net/1979_ma..._final_pt1.pdf

Last edited by JTF; 17th February 2018 at 07:57 AM.
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th February 2018, 05:30 PM   #3647
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
You Can't Expect Me To Read All Of That

The confidence in my wager stems from the landlord's 15 year claim that the CID didn't "properly investigate" this case. If he had the guts to sit down and read that massive report, he would or should be embarrassed by making such a claim.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2018, 10:14 AM   #3648
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
Most of the judges in the MacDonald case were very bad judges. It's scandalous and very unfair on the innocent Jeff Macdonald. That CID reinvestigation, which JTF keeps harping on about, was fabricated and manufactured evidence by people who were not real experts. I can't quite see why the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation were taken off of the case. They were on to Dwight Smith and Pat Reese the day after the MacDonald murders, even if Detective Beasley had to be discredited.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2018, 12:31 PM   #3649
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Verification

HENRIBOY: Thanks for allowing me to collect on my wager. Your admission that you've basically ignored the massive CID reinvestigation report forever paints you as a cognitively lazy true crime troll.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2018, 09:22 PM   #3650
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
Most of the judges in the MacDonald case were very bad judges. It's scandalous and very unfair on the innocent Jeff Macdonald. That CID reinvestigation, which JTF keeps harping on about, was fabricated and manufactured evidence by people who were not real experts. I can't quite see why the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation were taken off of the case. They were on to Dwight Smith and Pat Reese the day after the MacDonald murders, even if Detective Beasley had to be discredited.
Weak sauce.

You were more passionate 5 years ago. The below song seems appropriate:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 02:41 AM   #3651
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 430
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
Most of the judges in the MacDonald case were very bad judges. It's scandalous and very unfair on the innocent Jeff Macdonald. That CID reinvestigation, which JTF keeps harping on about, was fabricated and manufactured evidence by people who were not real experts. I can't quite see why the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation were taken off of the case. They were on to Dwight Smith and Pat Reese the day after the MacDonald murders, even if Detective Beasley had to be discredited.
first highlight: That has to be the journalist G. Jeffrey Macdonald, because the oxygen in the title of this thread is as guilty as they come.

second highlight: Jurisdiction is the reason. Jurisdiction means that (in this specific case) the crime occurred on FEDERAL property and NCBI investigated crimes that occurred on STATE property.

Observation: this is what happens when the law reference book you use is for another country & 85 years old, you don't understand......
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 09:28 AM   #3652
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 430
Oops, "oxygen THIEF in this title" for the above. Deleted a word.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 04:50 PM   #3653
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Curious

I would like to pose the following questions to 99 percent of the posters on this thread.

Did Jeffrey MacDonald call the Kane residence between 3:20 and 3:30 AM on 2/17/70?

If so, what was inmate's motivation in doing so?

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 05:18 AM   #3654
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
There were rumors that Jeff MacDonald had an affair with Mrs. Kane, who was Colonel Kane's wife. MacDonald denied he made a phone call to her in the middle of the night, and there is no real proof that he did. There is also no evidence that her phone number was on the murder club weapon, which was discussed at the grand jury in 1975. The prosecutor could not find the phone number on the wooden club then. It was farcical. I reckon it was somebody like Greg Mitchell, or Mazerolle, or Pat Reese who made the phone call in order to implicate MacDonald. This is what Bunny has written about the matter in the past:

Quote:
Mrs. Kane executed a written statement wherein she discussed certain details of a telephone call she received at her residence at about 3:20-3:30 a.m. on February 17. She said the caller was a male but she could not identify his voice or recall his conversation due to her sleepy state.

Mrs. Kane's telephone number was found written on the wooden club used in the murders.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 10:12 AM   #3655
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
This matter was briefly mentioned at the Grand Jury in about 1975:

http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.c...macdonald.html

Quote:
Q Now, I am told that somewhere on this piece of wood, there was a telephone number written, and I have been looking at it to see if I could make out the telephone number.
A Well, the CID probably destroyed it, sir.
Q And I don't find it. But -- did you ever discuss the telephone number being on this club with anyone?
A No, sir.
Q During the course of the investigation?
A Never.
Q Okay.

MR. WOERHEIDE: Miss Reporter, this is the wrapper that that club came in and I am going to put it back in here. Would you mark that as MacDonald Exhibit number 9 of this date?

(MacDONALD EXHIBIT 9, DATED 8-16-1974, MARKED FOR IDENTIFICATION.)

MR. WOERHEIDE: Can you mark this?

Q (Mr. Woerheide) All right, I'm going to ask you about a telephone number, 842-5226. Does it mean anything to you, Dr. MacDonald?
A No, sir.

MR. WOERHEIDE: Miss Reporter, would you mark this as MacDonald Exhibit number 10 of this date?

(MacDONALD EXHIBIT 10, DATED 8-16-1974, MARKED FOR IDENTIFICATION.)

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 20th February 2018 at 10:20 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 07:00 PM   #3656
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
snipped
This is what Bunny has written about the matter in the past:
Would that be Easter or Playboy?

Knowing your body of work it's probably safe to say it's the imaginary entity.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 06:35 AM   #3657
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
JTF - I think it is probable that inmate called the Kane residence that early morning. I don't think he said anything but hung up when he had a fleeting rational thought moment of "what the hell am I doing, what can I possibly say?". I believe he realized that the apartment would clearly show that he and Colette had fought and that he had destroyed his family and he wandered into the living room, sat down on the couch, and was crying in frustration and fear due to what he had just done. (remember a neighbor heard crying) and then he spotted the magazine with the Manson article and he set about staging the scene.....my 2 cents worth
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 05:18 PM   #3658
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Thanks

BYN: Thanks for the response. Your theory that inmate hung up the phone would explain Mrs. Kane's claim that she had no memory of the content of the phone call. IMO, there are too many finite details of this scenario that go beyond mere coincidence. The timing of the phone call, the fact that the caller was male, and the Kane's phone number being written on the murder club in pencil make a strong case for inmate calling the Kane residence shortly after committing these brutal murders.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 05:47 AM   #3659
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by JTF View Post
BYN: Thanks for the response. Your theory that inmate hung up the phone would explain Mrs. Kane's claim that she had no memory of the content of the phone call. IMO, there are too many finite details of this scenario that go beyond mere coincidence. The timing of the phone call, the fact that the caller was male, and the Kane's phone number being written on the murder club in pencil make a strong case for inmate calling the Kane residence shortly after committing these brutal murders.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
I have always believed it was probable that he indeed called Mrs. Kane. I believe he was having an affair with her, I believe he at first thought to ask for help, and then he re-thought the situation. I believe the crying was an hysterical reaction to what he had done and his need to "be in charge" and then he saw the Manson article magazine and his EGO said "you can outfox everyone blame it on hippy intruders and you are golden". Thankfully he ain't as smart as he believed himself to be.....he has been shown to be the cowardly smarmy b@$t@rd that savagely and brutally butchered his family.
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:13 AM   #3660
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
That's just opinions. A witness in court must speak only as to facts, not some very emotional strange belief. This is what JTF has said about the Mrs. Kane phone call on his website. It is certainly not conclusive evidence to put a man into prison for the rest of his life. The police should be more careful about arresting and charging people, instead of shooting them dead, or allowing sick people to die in police custody:

Quote:
The Phone Call

The CID Reinvestigation revealed the following:

Mrs. Joan T. Kane, wife of the former commanding officer of Jeffrey MacDonald, executed a written statement wherein she discussed certain details of a telephone call she received at her residence on February 17, 1970. Mrs. Kane states that the call was between 3:20 and 3:30 in the morning. She said the caller was a male, but she could not identify his voice or recall the conversation due to her sleepy state.

Mrs. Kane stated that she only met Jeffrey MacDonald on one or two occasions and, in her opinion, his lawyers used legal trickery and deception in defending him.

The significance of this call lay in the fact that Mrs. Kane's phone number was written in pencil on the murder club and that CID investigators were convinced that MacDonald had a sexual relationship with the wife of another of his commanding officers. This led to speculation that MacDonald may have had a sexual relationship with Mrs. Kane.

At the Grand Jury hearings, Victor Woerheide confronted MacDonald with the fact that the Kane's phone number was written on the club in pencil. He then asked MacDonald whether he called the Kane residence on the morning of February 17th. MacDonald denied contacting Mrs. Kane, nor was he aware that the Kane's phone number was written on the club. CID investigators did not believe that this was simply some sort of bizarre coincidence, but they did not have enough corroborative data to prove that the male caller was Jeffrey MacDonald.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:25 AM   #3661
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
So henri once again shows his ignorance by proving our point. Inmate called Mrs. Kane at her residence and then hung up. Evidence PROVES this (1) call happened (2) Mrs. Kane admitted as much (3) caller was male (4) Kane phone number on the murder club....evidence evidence evidence - these FACTS are NOT opinion they are FACTS aka EVIDENCE
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 02:49 PM   #3662
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Busy Dude

BYN: Beginning with his visit to Fire Island in the Summer of 1969, inmate was one busy dude.

- Inmate meets 4 people acquainted with his brother who just happen to match the descriptions of the mythical hippie home invaders.

- Inmate was having sexual relationships with several women including the wife of Colonel Kingston and a 19 year old girl who lived in the neighborhood.

- Inmate was working a full ER shift, he had two moonlighting jobs, and he was seeking a third moonlighting job just prior to the murders.

- Inmate was planning a romantic getaway with his former high school flame with the ruse being a trip to Russia to serve as the team's physician.

No wonder that at 3:30 in the morning on 2/17/70, his lack of impulse control caused him to call Mrs. Kane at her home. By that time, his brain was a mountain of scrambled eggs.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 07:05 PM   #3663
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
That's just opinions. A witness in court must speak only as to facts, not some very emotional strange belief. This is what JTF has said about the Mrs. Kane phone call on his website. It is certainly not conclusive evidence to put a man into prison for the rest of his life. The police should be more careful about arresting and charging people, instead of shooting them dead, or allowing sick people to die in police custody:
FIFY and the bolded is the sum total of your argument.

Any word on which Bunny that quote came from? Easter is the odds-on favorite but if it's Playboy we need to see photographic proof.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:06 PM   #3664
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Thorn In His Side

BStrong: Bunny is a fellow MacDonald Case researcher who assisted me in constructing my website. For a decade plus, Bunny was a major thorn in Henriboy's side, and she was the first researcher to discover that Henri posted on several true crime forums under several different tags. She eventually grew bored with the landlord's parlor games and decided to no longer feed the beast.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:34 PM   #3665
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by JTF View Post
BStrong: Bunny is a fellow MacDonald Case researcher who assisted me in constructing my website. For a decade plus, Bunny was a major thorn in Henriboy's side, and she was the first researcher to discover that Henri posted on several true crime forums under several different tags. She eventually grew bored with the landlord's parlor games and decided to no longer feed the beast.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
Ah, now I understand.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:59 AM   #3666
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
Originally Posted by byn63 View Post
So henri once again shows his ignorance by proving our point. Inmate called Mrs. Kane at her residence and then hung up. Evidence PROVES this (1) call happened (2) Mrs. Kane admitted as much (3) caller was male (4) Kane phone number on the murder club....evidence evidence evidence - these FACTS are NOT opinion they are FACTS aka EVIDENCE
Jeff MacDonald was very friendly with the wife and daughter of his original Colonel, Colonel Kingston, and there are some suggestions he knew those females intimately. The ironic thing is at the Article 32 proceedings in 1970 all three of them spoke most highly of Jeff MacDonald. There were always friendly relations and social gatherings between the two families. Colonel Kingston seemed to be a nice chap. His next Colonel, Colonel Kane, was a dour Irishman who did not take kindly to MacDonald seeing his wife. Mrs. Kane was a bit of 'hell hath no fury' like a woman scorned, or being dumped. There is no hard evidence MacDonald phoned Mrs. Kane in the middle of the night. That's just pure speculation.

I'm a bit surprised that there doesn't seem to be documented phone records to prove the matter one way or the other. There would be now.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2018, 05:48 AM   #3667
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
inmate was very friendly with the wife and daughter of his original Colonel, Colonel Kingston, and there are some suggestions he knew those females intimately.
"very friendly" is exactly what we have been pointing out to you. "very friendly" as in he was dropping trou at EVERY available opportunity. He also was VERY FRIENDLY with several daughters of his neighbors, and he had a "hot and heavy" affair during the Article 32 - the indecency of which is that Colette, Kimmie, and Kristy were barely in their graves - inmate has proven often that he is a slime bag.....

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
His next Colonel, Colonel Kane, was a dour Irishman who did not take kindly to MacDonald seeing his wife.
What the hell does Colonel Kane's ethnicity have to do with anything? Nothing at all, your racist, idiotic, slanderous, vicious, petty, scheming, nasty, bilious comments are insulting - knock it off.

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
Mrs. Kane was a bit of 'hell hath no fury' like a woman scorned, or being dumped.
PROVE IT!

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
There is no hard evidence MacDonald phoned Mrs. Kane in the middle of the night. That's just pure speculation.
It is NOT speculation...it is CIRCUMSTANTIAL.

Circumstantial Evidence, by definition, proves a fact from which an inference of the existence of another fact may be drawn. A finding of guilt may be based on circumstantial evidence so long as it cannot be reconciled with any other RATIONAL conclusion.

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
I'm a bit surprised that there doesn't seem to be documented phone records to prove the matter one way or the other. There would be now.
Why the surpise henri? this happened in the days BEFORE computerized telephone systems. In fact in 1970 it was still amazing that NASA had a computer that could fit into a single room. Yes, there would be records of the calls made from that apartment because there are now COMPUTERIZED telephone systems. Also, the 911 system is now in existence all across the USA so that there would probably be a recording of the call inmate made to the operator.
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:25 AM   #3668
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
pure speculation.
All their posts boiled down to the essence.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th February 2018, 12:42 AM   #3669
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Phone Calls

Fortunately, the Army's policy of logging incoming calls resulted in a documented record of inmate's two calls to Fort Bragg dispatch. Last time I checked, most residences in 1970 America did not keep a log of incoming calls. Ergo, when reporting the incoming phone call to the CID, Mrs. Kane had to rely on her memory.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th February 2018, 09:36 PM   #3670
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Perspective

The following comparison provides perspective as to why the legal system bends over backwards for "certain" individuals and lays the hammer down on others. In the early 80's, twenty-seven young black men were found murdered in Atlanta and Wayne Williams was convicted of murdering two of the victims. The totality of the forensic evidence that led to his conviction consisted of 17 carpet fibers.

The source of these 17 fibers were carpeting on the floor of Williams' car and from carpeting in his parent's residence. The carpeting was from the living room area of the residence and Williams was living with his parents at the time of the murders. Fibers found on the victim's clothing matched these two source materials.

Although it was powerful evidence of guilt, prosecutors in that case had next to nothing when compared to the physical evidence collected in the MacDonald Case. A betting man would have wagered on Williams getting far more shots at a new trial than Jeffrey MacDonald, but Williams has only received two opportunities to prove his innocence.

Yup, just two shots whereas inmate has received EIGHT opportunities to prove his innocence. What is going on here? Well, Williams is African-American, he was unemployed at the time, and living on the dole. MacDonald is Caucasian, Princeton educated, and was practicing medicine at the time of the murders.

Hmmm, I wonder why the current 4th Circuit Court has a soft spot for inmate and why Williams' defense team can't put a dent in a singular forensic link to the crimes?

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com

Last edited by JTF; 26th February 2018 at 09:44 PM.
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 03:35 AM   #3671
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
The thing about that Williams case is that the FBI "only said it could be" hair and fiber department may have got it right there. There were no similar murders after Williams had been caught and imprisoned. In the MacDonald case it's all opinions and sloppy forensic work and assumptions and jumping to conclusions and disregarding of leads and suspects. There is no real proof. It was an unsafe verdict by very bad judges. MacDonald is innocent.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 06:06 AM   #3672
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by JTF View Post
The following comparison provides perspective as to why the legal system bends over backwards for "certain" individuals and lays the hammer down on others. In the early 80's, twenty-seven young black men were found murdered in Atlanta and Wayne Williams was convicted of murdering two of the victims. The totality of the forensic evidence that led to his conviction consisted of 17 carpet fibers.

The source of these 17 fibers were carpeting on the floor of Williams' car and from carpeting in his parent's residence. The carpeting was from the living room area of the residence and Williams was living with his parents at the time of the murders. Fibers found on the victim's clothing matched these two source materials.

Although it was powerful evidence of guilt, prosecutors in that case had next to nothing when compared to the physical evidence collected in the MacDonald Case. A betting man would have wagered on Williams getting far more shots at a new trial than Jeffrey MacDonald, but Williams has only received two opportunities to prove his innocence.

Yup, just two shots whereas inmate has received EIGHT opportunities to prove his innocence. What is going on here? Well, Williams is African-American, he was unemployed at the time, and living on the dole. MacDonald is Caucasian, Princeton educated, and was practicing medicine at the time of the murders.

Hmmm, I wonder why the current 4th Circuit Court has a soft spot for inmate and why Williams' defense team can't put a dent in a singular forensic link to the crimes?

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
Although I am 100% certain that Wayne Williams is rightfully convicted, I am shocked that in all these years he has only been given two appeals. However, I am fairly certain that he doesn't have former US Marshals willing to commit perjury for him. Nor has a pathetic doped up attention seeking person come forward to confess, recant, confess, recant, confess, recant and so on......I do not see any high profile lawyers coming forward to pick up the mantle of Wayne Williams and I have never seen him on any talk shows doing his best Bob Hope schtick. Perhaps that is the true difference?
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 08:05 AM   #3673
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 430
Apparently, we're right about the man crush thing. Williams needs Henri's help far more than Macdonald, but Henri ignores the lesser evidence of the Williams case in favor of a white man who trained as a doctor.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 02:35 PM   #3674
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Ignorance Is Bliss

BYN: Similar to the MacDonald Case, the landlord knows little about the forensic evidence presented at trial in the Williams Case. The FBI did NOT merely state that the carpet fibers could have come from Williams' car and/or his parents living room. They determined that the material used to construct the carpeting in the Williams home was unique to the point where they could confidently state that the fibers found on the victim's clothing MATCHED the carpeting in the Williams home.

I like your take on the reasons why inmate has had 6 more shots at a new trial than Wayne Williams. It is interesting to note that an FBI informant told two FBI agents that several members of a white supremacist group bragged about killing several of the victims in the Williams Case. This information was the main reason why Williams got his 2nd shot at a new trial.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 07:35 PM   #3675
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
The thing about that Williams case is that the FBI "only said it could be" hair and fiber department may have got it right there. There were no similar murders after Williams had been caught and imprisoned. In the MacDonald case it's all opinions and sloppy forensic work and assumptions and jumping to conclusions and disregarding of leads and suspects. There is no real proof. It was an unsafe verdict by very bad judges. MacDonald is innocent.
No similar murders at Ft. Bragg after your man crush was convicted.

It was the safest verdict. A murderer was convicted and sentenced.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 08:16 PM   #3676
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Spot On

BStrong: Outstanding rebuttal to Henriboy's specious talking points. Oh, wait, I forgot about Helter Skelter. A classic case of true crime reverse engineering.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 08:52 AM   #3677
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 430
JTF:
In post #3662, you left out the self-admitted Eskatrol (speed in a legal form at that time) that Macdonald was taking.......
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 09:44 PM   #3678
JTF
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 976
Under The Radar Admission

DESMIRELLE: Yup, he certainly had a full schedule prior to becoming one of the most notorious mass murderers in North America. In regards to the Eskatrol "issue," the following Article 32 testimony has been one of the more underrated aspects of this case discussion.

Segal: Have you ever used any other hallucinogenic drug?

MacDonald: No, sir. Well, now let me be perfectly honest. You know what medical people consider and what the people who, general lay people, consider to be drug abuse, are really different. I have taken diet pills, for instance, amphetamines, and amphetamines are considered they are not with LSD in that hallucinogenic category, but they can they can in certain situations cause hallucinations.

Segal: Is it correct that diet pills are actually classified as dangerous drugs or legend drugs in various jurisdictions?

MacDonald: Right.

Segal: Again, I am addressing myself to a hallucinogenic such as LSD.

MacDonald: No, I have not taken that.

Segal: Mescaline?

MacDonald: No.

Segal: Peyote?

MacDonald: No.

Segal: Any drug which you understand to be commonly viewed by law enforcement authorities as a hallucinogenic drug as abuse and has no really standard medical purpose.

MacDonald: No, sir, I've never taken such a drug.

Clifford Somers never questioned MacDonald on this issue, thus missing the opportunity to get MacDonald on record regarding the amount of amphetamines he was using, and whether or not he was using them around the time of the murders.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com/ht..._evidence.html
JTF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 04:43 AM   #3679
Henri McPhee
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,943
Originally Posted by desmirelle View Post
JTF:
In post #3662, you left out the self-admitted Eskatrol (speed in a legal form at that time) that Macdonald was taking.......
That's a load of bollocks, if you pardon my French. The matter is explained at this website, and it was demolished by MacDonald lawyer Gary Bostwick at the McGinniss trial in 1987:

http://dingeengoete.blogspot.co.uk/2...macdonald.html

Quote:
The Mother of Invention

Completely unencumbered with any facts, McGinniss invented a story to explain how a man that everyone agreed was a man who loved and cared for his wife and children could suddenly become the raging maniac that killed the three of them.� McGinniss found out that in the year before the murders that MacDonald had taken some diet pills to lose weight.� In fact, he had taken just a few prescription diet pills, but not near the time of the murder.� McGinniss decided on his own that MacDonald was taking 2-3 pills a day which would have represented a significant overdose.� The author then imagined that in a rage brought on by amphetamine psychosis, MacDonald suddenly slaughtered his family because his little girl wet the bed.� McGinniss formulated this tale despite the fact that all of the tests done on MacDonald when he was taken to the hospital shortly after the murders were negative for drugs.

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 1st March 2018 at 04:45 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:14 AM   #3680
byn63
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 677
No henri it is not "bollocks" which btw is not french. INMATE HIMSELF ADMITTED THAT HE WAS TAKING ESKATROL WHICH IS AMPHETAMINES. He admitted taking it at the Article 32 although he downplayed it, he also admitted it (was the first thing he wrote) in his list of "things you should know" for his attorneys.

Joe McG said that his amphetamine psychosis WAS A THEORY and ONLY HIS THEORY but it was BASED ON FACTS. FACTS like inmate was taking amphetamines. Oh, and has been pointed out myriad times, Joe McG's theory wasn't published/mentioned/discussed until more than 4 years post conviction so his theory had/has nothing to do with why your man crush is still in prison.

Inmate slaughtered his family, was the amphetamine ingestion a catalyst? perhaps. However it is not the be all end all of what happened. FACT 1: INMATE INGESTED ESKATROL AKA AMPHETAMINES. FACT 2: INMATE SLAUGHTERED HIS FAMILY. FACT 3: HE IS RIGHTFULLY CONVICTED.
byn63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.