ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "PlanDemic" , anti-vaxxers , Coronavirus conspiracies , documentaries , Judy Mikovits , vaccination

Reply
Old 5th May 2020, 07:01 PM   #1
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 867
Plandemic

PlanDemic, a film about the global plan to take control of our lives, liberty, health & freedom.

https://youtu.be/ICtsXNtf_GQ
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 07:41 PM   #2
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 867
I didn’t see a thread on this. Delete if redundant.
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2020, 07:50 PM   #3
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator
 
sir drinks-a-lot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cole Valley, CA
Posts: 4,472
Have you watched it?
__________________
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better. --Abraham Lincoln
sir drinks-a-lot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2020, 04:57 AM   #4
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 867
I have not watched it. Looks like it was taken down.
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2020, 10:50 AM   #5
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster
 
CaptainHowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
I have not watched it. Looks like it was taken down.
Of course it was taken down. YouTube has been playing whack-a-mole with the #Filmyourhospital and Dr. Erickson videos for weeks. Something called "Plandemic" cannot not violate their terms of service.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2020, 12:34 PM   #6
Gorgonian
Thinker
 
Gorgonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 203
It was awful. I spent some time on a different message board debunking some easy stuff. I'd be interested in more knowledgeable people than me doing some work on it, though.
You can download it directly from here, if that were something you felt compelled to do. I don't.

https://plandemicmovie.com/

Last edited by Gorgonian; 6th May 2020 at 12:35 PM.
Gorgonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 05:34 AM   #7
Steve001
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,676
The Plandemic-The anti-vaxx agenda

Recently, as in yesterday this came to my attention.
The anti vaxxers are our in force in the comment section.


Quote:
A new documentary; The Plandemic, states that it is uncovering a global cabal trying to implement forced vaccinations.The first clip's interview subject, Judy Mikovits, is a known anti-vaxxer. This agenda-based film features contradictory evidence and false claims while being championed as a beacon of truth. In 1990, American attorney Mike Godwin coined "Godwin's Law", which states that as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1. When Nazis are invoked the debate is over. Godwin has made some exceptions, such as the Trump administration's implementation of refugee detention centers being compared to concentration camps. In general, little actually lives up to the horrors of the Holocaust, though anyone without credible evidence trying to win a debate foolishly invokes Hitler.
A clip of this disingenuous interview...
https://bigthink.com/coronavirus/the-plandemic
Full vid. https://youtu.be/QZPrUb0AcKw

Last edited by Steve001; 7th May 2020 at 05:36 AM.
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 06:35 AM   #8
Apathia
Philosopher
 
Apathia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 5,676
Never mind. I attempted to post a link to a relevant item but could not do so correctly.
__________________
"At the Supreme Court level where we work, 90 percent of any decision is emotional. The rational part of us supplies the reasons for supporting our predilections."
Justice William O. Douglas

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown

Last edited by Apathia; 7th May 2020 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Lack of good linking skill.
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 06:47 AM   #9
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 867
This thing is all over social media.
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 06:55 AM   #10
Cheetah
Master Poster
 
Cheetah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,688
That proves it’s stupid!
__________________
"... when you dig my grave, could you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain" - DMB
Cheetah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:20 AM   #11
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 2,206
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
That proves itís stupid!
These days it sorta does.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:31 AM   #12
zorro99
Muse
 
zorro99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 867
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
That proves itís stupid!
Proves people are stupid.
__________________
There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:36 AM   #13
Steve001
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,676
Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
Never mind. I attempted to post a link to a relevant item but could not do so correctly.
?...
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 07:36 AM   #14
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,295
I just saw a post on Facebook, the post asked "if they come out with a vaccine for Covid19, will you get the vaccine?"

100's of 'No' replies
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 09:02 AM   #15
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges
 
Butter!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Deep Storage
Posts: 6,717
I feel so sad for people who harm themselves in order to "stick it to" some imagined enemy cabal.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2020, 05:09 PM   #16
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator
 
sir drinks-a-lot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cole Valley, CA
Posts: 4,472
Originally Posted by Gorgonian View Post
It was awful. I spent some time on a different message board debunking some easy stuff.
Can't you give us the TLDR?

What particular sort of conspiracy are we talking here?
__________________
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better. --Abraham Lincoln
sir drinks-a-lot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 02:02 AM   #17
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,588
So does this run in conjunction with the "this disease doesn't exist" and "this is not a virus it's caused by 5G" or is it a replacement?

I'm happy for anti-vaxxers not to vaxx. Darwin and all that.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 04:50 AM   #18
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,301
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
[snip]
I'm happy for anti-vaxxers not to vaxx. Darwin and all that.
Except that they then will affect other people, notably immuno-compromised and other groups with weak immune systems. (This is pointed out every time someone says that, by the way.)
__________________
"Hello. My name is Inigo Skywalker. You are my father. Prepare to die."
grmcdorman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 05:55 AM   #19
Ulf Nereng
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Norway
Posts: 430
I keep wondering what kind of people are these? Putin-trolls trying to weaken the west? Scammers out for donations? Or are they just that stupid? (Which leads to another question I often ask myself: what is it like to be that stupid? A bit like "what's it like to be a bat? Can we even imagine?)
Ulf Nereng is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 06:05 AM   #20
Disbelief
Master Poster
 
Disbelief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,730
From some of what I've read, she says things like masks cause you to get the virus - from yourself. They also exaggerate her credentials, like any conspiracy, trying to add an element of authority. She's hawking a book, which is published by an anti-vaxxer also.
__________________
Zensmack (LastChild, Laughing Assassin, RazetheFlag, Wastrel, TruthbyDecree) - Working his way up the sock puppet chain, trying to overtake P'Doh. Or, are they the same?

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 09:12 AM   #21
Carrot Flower King
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 98
Does anyone need to know any more than it's Judy Mikovits?

Orac has done a critique of it. Amazingly the BTL comments have been invaded by Judy's fans...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 11:21 AM   #22
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster
 
Pterodactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,233
Does anyone else find it a bit disturbing that YouTube, FB and Vimeo are banning this?

Certainly I do not believe a word of it, and the stakes are also very high in this particular situation. I also understand that this is not government censorship and thus not a first amendment issue.

I frequent a very conservative forum because I do some hunting, and people are absolutely up in arms about censorship on this particular topic, while noting that videos about "Trumps Collusion with Russia" remain up event though he was "found not guilty".

So just using this as an example, which we know is bunk, at what point do you consider that having a couple companies who reach basically everyone in the US control the flow of information as dangerous? I mean do they have doctors on staff to evaluate claims like this?
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 11:42 AM   #23
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,548
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Does anyone else find it a bit disturbing that YouTube, FB and Vimeo are banning this?

Certainly I do not believe a word of it, and the stakes are also very high in this particular situation. I also understand that this is not government censorship and thus not a first amendment issue.

I frequent a very conservative forum because I do some hunting, and people are absolutely up in arms about censorship on this particular topic, while noting that videos about "Trumps Collusion with Russia" remain up event though he was "found not guilty".

So just using this as an example, which we know is bunk, at what point do you consider that having a couple companies who reach basically everyone in the US control the flow of information as dangerous? I mean do they have doctors on staff to evaluate claims like this?
Bottom line is this is a liability issue. Beginning with the Sandyhook nonsense, and continuing with the Pizza-Gate shooting, platfroms like Youtube and the rest realized they could be sued for allowing stupid people to post lies which then drove other stupid/mentally ill people to commit violence, and harass innocent people.

In the case of this video, it's 100% BS. It was carefully titled to hide from Youtube's algorithms, and was spread via targeted posts on social media using bots. 4 million people had viewed it by the time it was yanked, and the damage was done.

The internet is still wide open. Just plunk down the money for a domain name, and upload whatever the hell you want.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 12:29 PM   #24
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster
 
Pterodactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,233
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Bottom line is this is a liability issue. Beginning with the Sandyhook nonsense, and continuing with the Pizza-Gate shooting, platfroms like Youtube and the rest realized they could be sued for allowing stupid people to post lies which then drove other stupid/mentally ill people to commit violence, and harass innocent people.

In the case of this video, it's 100% BS. It was carefully titled to hide from Youtube's algorithms, and was spread via targeted posts on social media using bots. 4 million people had viewed it by the time it was yanked, and the damage was done.

The internet is still wide open. Just plunk down the money for a domain name, and upload whatever the hell you want.
This is a great reply as a justification for why Youtube and others would want to remove such material. Liability.

Yet I still wonder about the responsibility of private businesses and their abilities to reach and determine what information is appropriate to share or withhold from most everyone in the country. Probably best for another thread.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2020, 11:10 PM   #25
Warmer1
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 461
Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Does anyone need to know any more than it's Judy Mikovits?

Orac has done a critique of it. Amazingly the BTL comments have been invaded by Judy's fans...
Thanks!
Link
https://old.reddit.com/r/Moronavirus...6rz/?context=3
Warmer1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 12:35 AM   #26
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,588
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Bottom line is this is a liability issue. Beginning with the Sandyhook nonsense, and continuing with the Pizza-Gate shooting, platfroms like Youtube and the rest realized they could be sued for allowing stupid people to post lies which then drove other stupid/mentally ill people to commit violence, and harass innocent people.

In the case of this video, it's 100% BS. It was carefully titled to hide from Youtube's algorithms, and was spread via targeted posts on social media using bots. 4 million people had viewed it by the time it was yanked, and the damage was done.

The internet is still wide open. Just plunk down the money for a domain name, and upload whatever the hell you want.
^^This

Youtube has provided free advertising for charlatans and frauds for years. If they want to sell their product, pay for the space.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 07:33 AM   #27
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,082
So they allege this is a weaponized virus that is activated by wearing masks?


Gotta admit that is a new level of stupid.
__________________
"Because WE ARE IGNORANT OF 911 FACTS, WE DEMAND PROOF" -- Douglas Herman on Rense.com
Zingiber Officinale

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 07:43 AM   #28
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 2,206
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
So they allege this is a weaponized virus that is activated by wearing masks?


Gotta admit that is a new level of stupid.
Just like the virus, I'm sure the stupid will get worse before it gets better.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 10:38 AM   #29
Bubba
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,521
Stop the silly spin.

If Mikovits got a fact or two right.......she could be a trained Martian monkey, them's the facts Jack

Amazing Polly digs up way more facts than Mikovits.

Last edited by Bubba; 9th May 2020 at 10:39 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 11:40 AM   #30
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,548
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Stop the silly spin.

If Mikovits got a fact or two right.......she could be a trained Martian monkey, them's the facts Jack

Amazing Polly digs up way more facts than Mikovits.
Great, I just reported this video to Youtube.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 05:46 PM   #31
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ranb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WA USA
Posts: 10,188
One of my facebook friends posted the video and asked what people thought. I posted several paragraphs worth of "this is wrong because".

I found her video after it was deleted from youtube and facebook, then started trimming it down to her saying something stupid, and editing in my comments. I'm getting many butt-hurt responces, but little in the way of "Ranb, you're wrong because".

I mean, how stupid do you have to do to claim that ebola would not infect humans until it was modified by Mikovits in a lab in 1999?

Ranb

Last edited by Ranb; 9th May 2020 at 05:51 PM.
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 09:20 PM   #32
Bubba
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Great, I just reported this video to Youtube.
I'm willing to hear your reason.

Or did you report it without viewing it?

Explain anyway.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 10:10 PM   #33
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5,934
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I'm willing to hear your reason.

Or did you report it without viewing it?

Explain anyway.
OK

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
YouTuber ZDoggMD on this Mikovits woman

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2020, 11:55 PM   #34
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,548
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I'm willing to hear your reason.

Or did you report it without viewing it?

Explain anyway.
Everything she said was a lie. Nothing more than pedestrian-level Conspiracy Theory claptrap.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2020, 01:25 AM   #35
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,688
Originally Posted by Warmer1 View Post
This is an excellent display of what it means to be a critical thinker. He hasn't done what the majority of the gullible fools out there would do, i.e. take the movie at face value and gone "OMG the world's going to end - its a video on the internet so it must be true". Instead, he has systematically, methodically and painstaking analysed, minute-by-minute every claim made, every statement made and every conclusion drawn to find how much truth there is in any of it. He has provided sources, references and links for every debunking of every claim - left no stone unturned. THIS is what critical thinking is all about and what it means to be a skeptic.

NOTE: Sorry for the duplication - I posted this in another thread by accident. I became confused when the original "Plandemic" thread disappeared from my homepage newsfeed and I found some of the posts in another thread. I guess one of the mods must have spilt the original thread and put some of the posts in different threads.
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2020, 02:22 AM   #36
NYCEMT86
Graduate Poster
 
NYCEMT86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,091
Originally Posted by Ranb View Post

<snip>

I mean, how stupid do you have to do to claim that ebola would not infect humans until it was modified by Mikovits in a lab in 1999?

Ranb
How can you call yourself a virologist and make this claim with a straight face. That claim alone proves how incompetent she was in her field.
__________________
I bringth the Amber lamps

"The most beautiful four words in the common language is: I told you so." - Vidal
NYCEMT86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2020, 09:44 AM   #37
Bubba
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Everything she said was a lie. Nothing more than pedestrian-level Conspiracy Theory claptrap.

I see.


Goodonya then, from a fellow supporter of free speech !
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2020, 04:03 PM   #38
SpitfireIX
Philosopher
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,051
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I see.


Goodonya then, from a fellow supporter of free speech !

So, do you think "free speech" should include the right to show videos telling children that jumping off three-story buildings is fun, or that they should swallow a whole handful of ibuprofen or Tylenol when they get headaches?
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2020, 04:18 PM   #39
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,548
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I see.


Goodonya then, from a fellow supporter of free speech !
No one has the right to yell fire in a crowded theater. This is just the right-wing version of eating Tide Pods.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2020, 10:22 PM   #40
Bubba
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
So, do you think "free speech" should include the right to show videos telling children that jumping off three-story buildings is fun, or that they should swallow a whole handful of ibuprofen or Tylenol when they get headaches?
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
No one has the right to yell fire in a crowded theater. This is just the right-wing version of eating Tide Pods.

Agreed.

But I'd not go so far as to get down with y'all, sound ridiculous, and lick boots.

I cannot believe that you listened to Polly, because in this case all she did is what she usually does, very well.

She researched the relevant organizations, the players, their history and connections, and reveal who benefits and how. She plays clips of things they have said that fit together as puzzle pieces.

Following the money.



But the resident brown shirts will gleefully report her to their fuhrer

Last edited by Bubba; 10th May 2020 at 10:23 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.