ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Elijah Cummings , racism charges , racism issues

Old 15th September 2019, 05:10 PM   #361
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Huh. I didn't know Thomas Sowell was a white supremacist. I guess they let anyone become one nowdays.
I don’t recall claiming that Thomas Sowell is a white supremacist.

But the guy tanabear quoted in the OP certainly is.

But thanks for dropping in to let us know what team you’re playing for.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2019, 08:04 PM   #362
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

smartcooky has a birthday
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife
Disingenuous as ever.

Like Australia, Scandinavia and any number of "developed" countries which have sparse populations (single-digit, maybe double-digits of millions), NZ and its cities are in no way comparable to continental Europe, the US and their metropolises. Which you well know, unless you're going to lie about it (liberals and lying).

'Quality of life' and per-capita wealth means the former can, at least for now, easily afford the indulgence of profligate leftist-liberal 'public spending' with no danger of creating urban hellholes like the ones it's created in the US.
Surprise, surprise. Another variation on the "America is special - it won't work there" excuse.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2019, 08:05 PM   #363
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

smartcooky has a birthday
Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
Your cat must be so happy

oh, you mean Eric? Yes, yes he is!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 07:09 AM   #364
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
Crime was out of control in New York City when Rudy Giuliani was elected in 1993. Giuliani and Bloomberg brought the number of murders down from over 2,000 to less than 400 a year. This is a remarkable turnaround. Other cities should figure out what they did and learn from it. I believe the clearance for murder in NYC is around 75%. That is better than the national average and certainly better than many big cities.
Crime in cities dropped dramatically after 1990 for most cities as the children of Baby Boomer suburbanites found cities far more lively and entertaining than the sterile, mall-oriented suburbs.

Crime in NYC had already started to drop during Dinkin's tenure, and he had initiated several anti-crime projects. He was limited, however, by a riot of racist cops
who were led by Guliani. But the crime rate was starting to go down already. This trend did happen in most other cities albeit not to the extent that it happened in NYC.

However, before we go gushing on anything regarding NYC crime rate, note that the Cost of Living in that city is ludicrous. That has the effect of pushing lower-income people away. Its not really a crime solution.

Your claims and simplistic answers fall flat again.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 03:49 PM   #365
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I don’t recall claiming that Thomas Sowell is a white supremacist.

But the guy tanabear quoted in the OP certainly is.

But thanks for dropping in to let us know what team you’re playing for.
Where did tanabear "quote" a white supremacist in the OP?
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 07:06 PM   #366
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Where did tanabear "quote" a white supremacist in the OP?
Post 16 explains it.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 09:14 PM   #367
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Post 16 explains it.
That's what I thought. When Mr. Karate said that the OP "referenced" a white supremacist, I was going say something but didn't. Now that's it's into "quoting" a white supremacist, I can't remain silent. Using a phrase that somebody else uses isn't referencing or quoting that person.

Silly skeptics.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 05:58 AM   #368
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

That's what I thought. When Mr. Karate said that the OP "referenced" a white supremacist, I was going say something but didn't. Now that's it's into "quoting" a white supremacist, I can't remain silent. Using a phrase that somebody else uses isn't referencing or quoting that person.

Silly skeptics.
In the context of urban violent crime, what do the use of the terms "the Ferguson Effect", "the BLM Effect", and "Late Obama Age Collapse" seem to suggest about the issue?

Silly apologist for not-even-thinly-veiled-bigotry.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 06:58 AM   #369
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
In the context of urban violent crime, what do the use of the terms "the Ferguson Effect", "the BLM Effect", and "Late Obama Age Collapse" seem to suggest about the issue?

Silly apologist for not-even-thinly-veiled-bigotry.
He wants internet points.

Old 17th September 2019, 08:56 AM   #370
johnny karate

Using a phrase that somebody else uses isn't referencing or quoting that person.
It is when they coin the phrase.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #371
johnny karate

I guess CaptainHowdy went back on silent mode.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics