IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th January 2021, 11:40 AM   #241
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by dejudge View Post
But who is the President of the evil and corrupt government??

Well, clearly it's a time-traveling Joe Biden. Next week he gets the Sooper-Sekret "I'm really the President, guys!" badge, at which point, he'll time-travel back to last January, and use his badge to order the Government to screw up the COVID pandemic. Then he'll jump forward to give George Floyd a fake 20 so he gets killed to start all those riots, then jumps back to tell the border Patrol to keep kids in cages, the jump forward to fake all the ballots, then jump backwards to fly Baby Obama from Kenya to Hawaii, then jump forward to tell Bin Laden this great idea he has for using planes to attack the World Trade Center, then forward again to lead an Antifa false-flag attack on the Capitol.

And to think, we almost fell for it!
Old 13th January 2021, 11:52 AM   #242
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
There's an interesting press interview with Eric Munchel, conducted shortly before his arrest by the British newspaper, The Sunday Times. The Times, interviewed Munchel and his mom, Lisa Eisenhart, a nurse. Munchel is quoted as explaining the point of the protest and invasion of the Capitol. “It was a kind of flexing of muscles . . . . The intentions of going in were not to fight the police. The point of getting inside the building is to show them that we can, and we will.” His mom told the Times, “This country was founded on revolution. If they’re going to take every legitimate means from us, and we can’t even express ourselves on the internet, we won’t even be able to speak freely, what is America for?"

If you can't tell lies and threaten people on social media in the U.S., who needs it? Like my ex-Boss would say, "Damn! You can't make this stuff up."

Link to article in Cape Coral (Fla) [i]News Press[/I]
Let me get this straight: A wanted terrorist is whining about his lack of free speech while giving an interview to a British newspaper which is in turn republished in a domestic newspaper?

Sounds legit.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 11:56 AM   #243
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Other countries founded by revolutions include the Soviet Union, communist China, North Korea, and modern Iran. I doubt the people invoking the holiness of revolutions really extends that beyond one single example of a revolution.
We got extremely lucky. The vast majority of revolutions end up replacing the current regime with another that is as bad or worse. I would also cite the French Revolution, which happened shortly after ours, that led to the Reign of Terror and Napolean.

Last edited by CORed; 13th January 2021 at 11:58 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 11:57 AM   #244
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
There's an interesting press interview with Eric Munchel, conducted shortly before his arrest by the British newspaper, The Sunday Times. The Times, interviewed Munchel and his mom, Lisa Eisenhart, a nurse. Munchel is quoted as explaining the point of the protest and invasion of the Capitol. “It was a kind of flexing of muscles . . . . The intentions of going in were not to fight the police. The point of getting inside the building is to show them that we can, and we will.” His mom told the Times, “This country was founded on revolution. If they’re going to take every legitimate means from us, and we can’t even express ourselves on the internet, we won’t even be able to speak freely, what is America for?"

If you can't tell lies and threaten people on social media in the U.S., who needs it? Like my ex-Boss would say, "Damn! You can't make this stuff up."

Link to article in Cape Coral (Fla) News Press
But why was he arrested by The Sunday Times?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 11:58 AM   #245
Suddenly
No Punting

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Let me get this straight: A wanted terrorist is whining about his lack of free speech while giving an interview to a British newspaper which is in turn republished in a domestic newspaper?

Sounds legit.
I like when they want to nationalize the social media companies to save us from communism.

That's the good stuff. This whining on numerous media platforms about being silenced is so 2020.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 01:21 PM   #246
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I keep on reading that Qanon kept telling it's followers that secret military units would join them once they had taken the Capitol.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 01:44 PM   #247
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I keep on reading that Qanon kept telling it's followers that secret military units would join them once they had taken the Capitol.
Very secret. Super secret. In fact so secret it was functionally impossible to notice that they weren't there.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 02:34 PM   #248
Puddle Duck
Scholar

I have to make some corrections to my post #205, as I did not go far enough to get the correct information. I apologize for the sloppy research work.

1. Babbitt made Senior Airman at her last active duty base, Dyess AFB in Texas, so she was an E-4 at the time of her separation from active duty at the four year mark. I got suckered by her family saying that she was recently promoted. The WSJ reported that she did not rise above that rank during her eight years in the Reserves and Guard, so she was never an NCO. I can’t comment on her lack of advancement, as I have no idea how the reserves and Air Guard work in the promotion area.

2. Her Guard unit was the D.C. Air Guard, not Maryland, so she worked at Andrews AFB, and was living in Annapolis, Maryland.

3. She appears to have been a part timer in the guard, at least at the end of her service, as she worked at a Nuc power plant in Maryland, not California, between ‘15 and ’17. I have no idea what she was doing if she was part time during her whole guard period. More speculation: I am guessing that her husband was still active duty with an assignment in the DC area, and she was following him at this time.

Not a correction, but her pool service company had been sued twice in the last few years
for breach of contract with the last one, in SanDiego being lost in July of ‘19 and having a more than $70,000 judgment against her, which in Sept, the other company was still trying to collect. Unknown is the end result. [San Diego Union Tribune]
I don’t know how much that would affect her mentally, but it couldn’t have been good. The deep state must have been out to get her?
Puddle Duck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 04:06 PM   #249
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The irony is, before Nashville resident Eric Munchel was caught, I saw it speculated that the 'Zip Tie Guy' might be military. Possibly a Special Forces type trained on how to invade a protected target and secure high-value prisoners. Instead, we learn that Eric (pictured below invading Congress with his Mom), is a Nashville resident and an unemployed bartender:
Quote:
A person named Eric Munchel previously worked at Kid Rock's Big Ass Honky Tonk, a bar and concert venue on Broadway Avenue in Nashville, owner Steve Smith confirmed Saturday. Smith said Munchel was terminated 60 days ago and declined to share the circumstances of his termination...A Facebook profile with Munchel’s name and likeness stated he worked as a bartender at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, a company with four locations in Florida. The company posted a statement on its Facebook page Friday night acknowledging that “a former employee of ours from 2+ years ago was involved in the recent events at the Capitol building.” The post went on to say that the company has “no affiliation with this employee and their actions were their own.” Cape Coral (Fla) News-Press]
A Tennessee newspaper, The Tennessean, reports that Munchel was remanded to federal jail in Nashville Monday after being arraigned on charges including "knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority," a charge which carries a maximum sentence of ten years in prison. The Tennessean reported the only time Munchel spoke was to tell the federal judge he could not afford an attorney. The judge then appointed a federal public defense team to represent Munchel. U.S. Magistrate Judge Chip Frensley urged Munchel to cooperate with the public defenders "openly and freely," so they will be able to provide him with an adequate defense. Munchel will likely remain in jail at least until next week while all charges are filed, his arraignment is completed and a bail hearing can be held. Tennessean link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Proud of her boy.jpg (69.7 KB, 29 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 04:30 PM   #250
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump just released a video saying that no true supporter of his would commit violence and called for a peaceful transition. They just got thrown under the bus big time. Bump, bump, bump, bump..........
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 04:58 PM   #251
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

That alone, no they would not see as a betrayal.

They know he has to say it, they assume he doesn't mean it. And I'm inclined to agree that he doesn't.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 06:20 PM   #252
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I think “Redcaps” may be more appropriate.

.... Redcap is depicted as "a short, thickset old man with long prominent teeth, skinny fingers armed with talons like eagles, large eyes of a fiery red colour, grisly hair streaming down his shoulders, iron boots, a pikestaff in his left hand, and a red cap on his head". When travellers take refuge in his lair, he flings huge stones at them and if he kills them, he soaks his cap in their blood, giving it a crimson hue. ....
In the USA, redcaps were black baggage handlers at railroad stations.
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo made the same mistake.

Dave
And they all dominated their countries for 15 years or so, prior to those countries being destroyed by external enemies.
Old 13th January 2021, 07:01 PM   #253
zorro99
Muse

Read that Zip Tie Guy’s mom said they found the zip ties somewhere and were looking to return them.
Old 13th January 2021, 09:40 PM   #254
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I understand a liar or conman, they are easy to figure out. It's those who fall for the lies and cons so hard that they, all by themselves, screw up their lives and end up in jail over the nonsense that I can't figure out. Sure, some are just gullible and stupid, but not all of them appear that gullible and stupid.
On the other hand....

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
WARNING: If you decide to watch this, make sure your cup of coffee
is nowhere near your monitor or keyboard.

For those who don't want to watch a video, let me summarize. This is a video of Jordan Klepper interviewing Trumpanzees at a Trump rally. Some of the highlights are...

A woman whose evidence that Obama is not a US citizen is Facebook or Twitter.

A guy who claims that he is respectful of women, while wearing a T-Shirt that says "Trump that Bitch" on the back, and "Hilary Sucks but not like Monica" on the front.

A woman who proudly says that Obama is a Muslim, and a Terrorist and no-one will ever tell her different.

A woman who thinks being President is a man's job, and because women have more hormones, they could start a war just like that.

A guy who doesn't know why Obama wasn't in the Oval Office on 9/11 but sure thinks its suspicious (no, seriously!)

... and many, many, more!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2021, 10:54 PM   #255
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
On the other hand....

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
WARNING: If you decide to watch this, make sure your cup of coffee
is nowhere near your monitor or keyboard.

For those who don't want to watch a video, let me summarize. This is a video of Jordan Klepper interviewing Trumpanzees at a Trump rally. Some of the highlights are...

A woman whose evidence that Obama is not a US citizen is Facebook or Twitter.

A guy who claims that he is respectful of women, while wearing a T-Shirt that says "Trump that Bitch" on the back, and "Hilary Sucks but not like Monica" on the front.

A woman who proudly says that Obama is a Muslim, and a Terrorist and no-one will ever tell her different.

A woman who thinks being President is a man's job, and because women have more hormones, they could start a war just like that.

A guy who doesn't know why Obama wasn't in the Oval Office on 9/11 but sure thinks its suspicious (no, seriously!)

... and many, many, more!
Also, Jordan Klepper was at the Capitol Insurrection.

I AGREE
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 01:13 AM   #256
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rdaneel View Post

I AGREE

Oh, the stupid... it burns so!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 01:35 AM   #257
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It explains so much....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 02:25 AM   #258
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

But makes the FBI’s job easier...

https://www.rawstory.com/jenny-cudd/

“... "We did break down the, Nancy Pelosi's office door and somebody stole her gavel and took picture sitting in the chair flipping off the camera, and that was on Fox News," Cudd bragged in a Facebook video. ...”
Old 14th January 2021, 11:12 AM   #259
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

The Jordan Klepper YouTube videos are not available in Canada (broadcast rights thing I would guess) but I did find this:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=895350057960004

Same thing?
Old 14th January 2021, 11:23 AM   #260
Suddenly
No Punting

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Read that Zip Tie Guy’s mom said they found the zip ties somewhere and were looking to return them.
I mean, I can buy the first half. They were specialty zip ties used as restraints and he probably did find them in the building but if so they weren't sitting out by accident. They had help from security and that would be an obvious way they would help. Given the likelyhood of mass protest near and in the capital they would certainly have boxes of them.

"Looking to return them" is the part that illustrates why it is a good idea to keep one's mouth shut when asked about something incriminating.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 11:43 AM   #261
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Suddenly View Post
I mean, I can buy the first half. They were specialty zip ties used as restraints and he probably did find them in the building but if so they weren't sitting out by accident. They had help from security and that would be an obvious way they would help. Given the likelyhood of mass protest near and in the capital they would certainly have boxes of them.

"Looking to return them" is the part that illustrates why it is a good idea to keep one's mouth shut when asked about something incriminating.
Maybe, but the simplest explanation still remains that they brought them.

The CHUDs were openly discussing the need to make arrests (or take hostages, more accurately) on social media in the days leading up to the event.

Quote:
‘Rush the Police, Hog Tie Them’: Inside the Far Right’s Zip-Tie Fetish
https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-we...er&via=desktop

There's plenty of photos of CHUDs at other events with flex-cuffs as part of their terrorism kit.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 14th January 2021 at 11:45 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 11:47 AM   #262
Lerxst
Muse

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck View Post
I have to make some corrections to my post #205, as I did not go far enough to get the correct information. I apologize for the sloppy research work.

1. Babbitt made Senior Airman at her last active duty base, Dyess AFB in Texas, so she was an E-4 at the time of her separation from active duty at the four year mark. I got suckered by her family saying that she was recently promoted. The WSJ reported that she did not rise above that rank during her eight years in the Reserves and Guard, so she was never an NCO. I can’t comment on her lack of advancement, as I have no idea how the reserves and Air Guard work in the promotion area.

2. Her Guard unit was the D.C. Air Guard, not Maryland, so she worked at Andrews AFB, and was living in Annapolis, Maryland.

3. She appears to have been a part timer in the guard, at least at the end of her service, as she worked at a Nuc power plant in Maryland, not California, between ‘15 and ’17. I have no idea what she was doing if she was part time during her whole guard period. More speculation: I am guessing that her husband was still active duty with an assignment in the DC area, and she was following him at this time.

Not a correction, but her pool service company had been sued twice in the last few years
for breach of contract with the last one, in SanDiego being lost in July of ‘19 and having a more than $70,000 judgment against her, which in Sept, the other company was still trying to collect. Unknown is the end result. [San Diego Union Tribune]
I don’t know how much that would affect her mentally, but it couldn’t have been good. The deep state must have been out to get her?
Thanks for posting this, and as I previously posted I do have knowledge of how AFRES and ANG work based on my time spent in AFRES.

In the reserves you are either strictly a reservist (like I was) or you work full time. If you work full time then you are an ART (Air Reserve Technician)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Re...nician_Program

Either way, your job is connected to a slot that carries a specific rank. If you are placed into a specific job and don't already have that rank you would typically be promoted to the rank required, with some rare exceptions.

So, especially if she was prior active duty (which she was) and she entered AFRES or ANG at E4, to not ever be promoted past that in ~ 10 years would be unusual. If she was busted down as some of us suspect, that would not also be something that she could hide and would be clearly called out in her service record at discharge.

To summarize, it's painfully easy to make at least E5 in ARC (AFRES or ANG) as just about everyone is in at least an E5 slot. So she either couldn't find an E5 slot or they made sure she was never promoted for one reason or the other.
Lerxst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 12:09 PM   #263
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
To summarize, it's painfully easy to make at least E5 in ARC (AFRES or ANG) as just about everyone is in at least an E5 slot. So she either couldn't find an E5 slot or they made sure she was never promoted for one reason or the other.

And that very thing might have been what started her down this path. Resentment of not being promoted, even if she never earned it, is the sort of thing that a lot of these types of losers latch onto. They of course never see the real reasons why they are being passed over, so it must all be a plot against them.
Old 14th January 2021, 12:27 PM   #264
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
The Jordan Klepper YouTube videos are not available in Canada (broadcast rights thing I would guess) but I did find this:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=895350057960004

Same thing?
Same thing
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 04:03 PM   #265
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Same thing
or more actually
Old 14th January 2021, 04:28 PM   #266
Kaylee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rdaneel View Post

I AGREE
I'm really hoping they were paid actors. The woman at ~10:40 almost looked like she was going to start laughing.

If they weren't paid actors ... SMH.
Kaylee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:19 AM   #267
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kaylee View Post
I'm really hoping they were paid actors. The woman at ~10:40 almost looked like she was going to start laughing...
The video that was linked (which I watched) is only 6:41 long. Is the link to the wrong video?

Below I posted a screencap of what you may be referring to but it's around 1:30. Klepper asks two women protesters do they think it's possible that a president who never polled above 50% lost the election and is sore about it? The two women agree, "No," that's not possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Klepper video screenshot.jpg (54.5 KB, 9 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics