IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Allais Effect , Dark Flow , relativity , Theory of Relativity

Closed Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 08:37 AM   #481
Bjarne
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
So that's a no, then? Even if the data you're predicting will prove you right actually proves you wrong, you still won't concede?
If evidence would show that the earth is not round but a triangle, would you then believe it ?
Either it would be a joke or just one more load of brainwash. - There are no other options.

Quote:
There is no "brainwash industry", there are just people who choose to believe nonsense because it suits their prejudices and world view to do so.
Some yes ,- I think you will be surprise if you know how deep the brainwash goes. Hundred million of people fully believe George Bush have arrange 9.11,- its just a simple result of 10 years massive left wing propaganda, - only Josef Goebel did a "better" Job..

Quote:
There are even people who believe that the best tested scientific theory in history is wrong because they personally can't understand i
No because it always was a load of crap. The fact that the sky is blue, does not absolutely mean it is because oxygen is blue.
Einstein could explain how to understand already known mathematical facts. But this doesn’t mean that not are other better explanations.
Doctors and priest could 500 years ago explain how my great great great great great great grandmother died , - - today the explanation is different, - and the mathematical facts still te same.

Quote:
It is indeed amazing what arrogant, wilfully ignorant people can fool themselves into believing.
Indeed it is...

Last edited by Bjarne; 7th January 2018 at 09:04 AM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 08:45 AM   #482
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
If evidence would show that the earth is not round but a triangle, would you then believe it ?
Either it would be a joke or just one more load of brainwash. - There are no other options.
Yes there are other options (than just joke or brainwash), the data was wrong, the model (spherical or triangular) was wrong. Evidently simply being wrong still doesn't enter into your thinking.

Some ,I think you will be surprise if you know how deep the brainwash goes. hundred million of people fully believe Gorge Bush have arrange 9.11,- its just a simple result of 10 years massive left wing propaganda, - only Josef Goebel did a "better" Job..

No because it always was a load of crap. The fact that the sky is blue, does not absolutely mean it is because it is because of all the oxygen is blue.
Einstein could explain how to understand already known mathematical facts. But this doesn’t mean that not are other better explanations.

Indeed it is...
And once again not a counter argument against you simply being wrong.
Old 7th January 2018, 08:50 AM   #483
Bjarne
Philosopher

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
If the Earth is accelerating, it will move further away from the Sun. This would be noticeable, not least because of the longer years.
You have understood nothing at all.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 08:53 AM   #484
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

The Theory of Relativity will begin to fall apart in 2016/2017 - Part II

Now that I think about it, your theories would work a lot better in a Flat Earth paradigm. Specifically we’d need to use one where gravity is the result of the Earth accelerating upward. This would fill in a lot of the holes for you. The Earth’s original position would be the absolute rest position and the Earth’s speed could be calculated from the speed needed to create 1G in space.

Is this why you’ve left these massive holes in your theory when posting here, because you’re a Flat Earth believer and you know your theory depends upon it?

In a Flat Earth model the Sun would be accelerating with the Earth. I think all is becoming clear at last.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 7th January 2018 at 08:57 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 08:57 AM   #485
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Well, duh. You got one right, by being absolutely wrong.
We understand your "nothing At all*" perfectly.

* (Commonly know as 'bull ****")
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 11:39 AM   #486
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
Absolute nonsense. I have 30 years of experience as a programmer, and I never needed to know much about math. Graphics programs are the ones that need most math, but even here you can find everything needed in books.

Your ideas need entirely new functions that are against all known physics and common sense, and you expect the programmer to fill in the details for you?
100%.

I once wrote a 6502 machine language program for recording the output of a photoelectric photometer attached to a telescope that was being used to measure variable stars. I needed little if any math skills; all I needed was an understanding of how RAM worked and how to transfer blocks of RAM memory to a floppy disk. The most mathematical thing I had to do was to work out how to convert a WWVH time signal into digital data to record timings synchronised to the integration period of the the data blocks. That was a little tricky, but didn't require any high order mathematics (and for the first time it hit me that the time taken to execute a program was a significant factor in what I was trying to do).

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 02:00 PM   #487
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

"I am absolutely brilliant and because of that, I'm never wrong. Oh, and I figured out that a theory which has been the foundation of huge swaths of modern technology and opening new insights into science and the universe around us is wrong. I am intimidated by mathematics though but it's really irrelevant; there's a famous person who might have helped produce something with an idea sans maths so obviously that's what I'm doing here. The reason you all cannot understand is you're either stupid or brainwashed or both. But I have evidence to prove what I say is true. It's not going to be produced for a while yet, and why yes, it's going to be produced by the same idiotic brainwashed people I despise and hold in contempt, but believe me, it's 100% proof that I'm right and a genius. In fact, there could be some software written to show you how right I am but I don't how to program because it's beneath me. Say, I'll give some piece of used furniture to someone if they'll write it for me. It's not worth it to me to pay anyone though, because you're all pretty much lowlifes compared to me. But if you do it, it's yours. So I'll give you some vague descriptions of my theory and you can just finish it up for me and there's your proof. Oh, you can't make software based on my specifications? Pathetic! You call yourself a programmer? Well, too bad for you all then."

Does that about sum it up?
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 02:39 PM   #488
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
"I am absolutely brilliant and because of that, I'm never wrong. Oh, and I figured out that a theory which has been the foundation of huge swaths of modern technology and opening new insights into science and the universe around us is wrong. I am intimidated by mathematics though but it's really irrelevant; there's a famous person who might have helped produce something with an idea sans maths so obviously that's what I'm doing here. The reason you all cannot understand is you're either stupid or brainwashed or both. But I have evidence to prove what I say is true. It's not going to be produced for a while yet, and why yes, it's going to be produced by the same idiotic brainwashed people I despise and hold in contempt, but believe me, it's 100% proof that I'm right and a genius. In fact, there could be some software written to show you how right I am but I don't how to program because it's beneath me. Say, I'll give some piece of used furniture to someone if they'll write it for me. It's not worth it to me to pay anyone though, because you're all pretty much lowlifes compared to me. But if you do it, it's yours. So I'll give you some vague descriptions of my theory and you can just finish it up for me and there's your proof. Oh, you can't make software based on my specifications? Pathetic! You call yourself a programmer? Well, too bad for you all then."

Does that about sum it up?
Well, it certainly reads like a very good practical application of the Dunning-Kruger effect, so I'd say, yes... it sums up Bjarne's abject nonsense 100%

smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 03:45 PM   #489
steenkh
Philosopher

Enlighten us, then: is an accelerating Earth going to lead to longer or shorter years? Or are the years magically going to be the same length? How do you propose we find out if the Earth is accelerating?

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 04:27 PM   #490
fuelair
Banned

A good programmer is also a good mathematician, he know how to solve a problem.

In a same way a women don’t need to write a book to here mechanic and you do not need to specify the wrong sound, - like brroooommm broom kliiik gong gong gong gomg gomg baaaaang

The mechanic know better, without to be guided, - or at least he should.
Just tell him to fix, he should know how to test and how to fix.
I hope you are aware that the two appropriately colored lines are dysfunctional as English language sentences. Please take classes in English really soon !!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 04:33 PM   #491
fuelair
Banned

My IQ is too high even to think of the possibility that I'm probably could be wrong. The evidence is already overwhelming. I am totally convinced that I am right.

Most of the people on the planet are victims for brainwash
It’s so easy
Think about that George Bush was accused for being insane enough to have arranged 9.11 . More than 1 billion people was brainwashed to believe so
And the shows keep going on, - now the brainwash industry try to get the world to believe that also Trump is insane and will start 3 world war.

It is like Josef Goebel and Lenin once said, if you keep telling the same lies, it will become truth. – It’s the exact same with the prevailing theory of relativity.
Please do not play at that game. It is clear from your posts that that is much arguable, indeed incontrovertibly so - and your last sentence is firm evidence as if any further was necessary.

Since I must assume you do not realize that from your last sentence : no matter how many times a lie/error is repeated, that can never make it true. Only reality makes things true or not. Just words do not.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 04:37 PM   #492
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Please do not play at that game. It is clear from your posts that that is much arguable, indeed incontrovertibly so - and your last sentence is firm evidence as if any further was necessary.

Since I must assume you do not realize that from your last sentence : no matter how many times a lie/error is repeated, that can never make it true. Only reality makes things true or not. Just words do not.
Sub-note, as an educator I have some skill in interpreting general intelligence levels from writing and speech. Based on certain rules here I shall not comment further on this specific matter. I suspect I am not the only person here who knows however.
Old 7th January 2018, 05:28 PM   #493
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Sub-note, as an educator I have some skill in interpreting general intelligence levels from writing and speech. Based on certain rules here I shall not comment further on this specific matter. I suspect I am not the only person here who knows however.

Old 7th January 2018, 05:34 PM   #494
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

https://boingboing.net/2018/01/06/wa...ler-expla.html

Quote:
Filipino student Hillary Diane Andales won a $250,000 scholarship from the Breakthrough Junior Challenge for this entertaining and easy-to-understand explainer on relativity and the equivalence of reference frames.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 06:12 PM   #495
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I have understood enough of your crackpottery to know that your theories are complete and utter garbage...

Old 7th January 2018, 08:40 PM   #496
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Bjarne is still repeating ignorance and delusions from years ago.
23 October 2009: Does Bjarne know basic physics (unit-less quantities cannot be arbitrarily assigned units)
7 March 2012: Why RR is a fantasy and Bjarne debunks RR again and again!
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 08:46 PM   #497
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Bjarne: Argument by insult: SR is a valid scientific theory

Think about how much dumber you will appear if I (a total mathematical idiot) very soon can bring down the fanatic fantasy paradigm you believe in.
8 January 2018 Bjarne: Argument by insult: SR is a valid scientific theory backed up with over a century of data.

SR will not be overturned by any "total mathematical idiot" - which you are not. It is high school level science that you are ignorant about. This is science that teenagers grasp in abut 5 minutes, i.e. that the laws of physics do not have specific units of measurement included.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 08:52 PM   #498
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Bjarne: Lies by linking to an irrelevant and deluded PDF

Think about a significant acceleration allready is measured.
8 January 2018 Bjarne: Lies by linking to an irrelevant and deluded PDF.
This is not about an acceleration caused by the dubious dark flow as in my post:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
The stupidity that the orbit of Mercury is affect by a probably nonexistent Dark Flow from mass outside of our observable universe is obvious (think about the inverse square law of gravity).
This is your PDF being deluded that the even more dubious Allais effect must exist.

Last edited by Reality Check; 7th January 2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 7th January 2018, 09:10 PM   #499
Bjarne
Philosopher

This is science that teenagers grasp in abut 5 minutes, .
It is precisely this that very soon will make this chapter of science the most embarrassing in world history.
The new Modified Theory of Relativity is so simple that a teenagers grasp in abut 5 minutes.

A whole world of highly educated scientists will be put in the shadow of almost idiotic simple mathematics.

Math every chicken, or and schoolboy should be able to understand.
In other words, a chicken brain can bring our paradigm to its knees.
And even a idiotic none educated farmer (with rotten teeth) only spending 7 years in school, can do the same.

How humiliating would that be for arrogant students, teachers and professors , specialist etc.. spending there whole live educating them self and trying solve all these problems, and who wasted billion of $, €, £ etc , as well as brainwashed million of inocent student, if that what I just wrote is the truth ?
The humiliating chapter will hurt in your camp RC, the bigger idiot you want to make me, the more humiliating it will be for yourself and your companions. Do not forget that.
Tic tac tic tac tic tac...................

Last edited by Bjarne; 7th January 2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 7th January 2018, 09:12 PM   #500
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation Bjarne: Falls for a Daily Mail "Is Mercury an alien planet" title lie

...For example in our own solar system, there are lot of hints showing periodical orbit collapse. Naturally, this is what will happen if the orbit inclination periodically is more or less aligned with DFA
This was mentioned at this post..
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=247
The linked post starts with a display of astronomy and English ignorance about a Daily Mail article with a lying title!
Is Mercury an alien planet?
One person in the article suggests that the results hint at the mainstream migration of planets within the early Solar System as seen simulations of the early Solar System. The Daily Mail lies with "alien" in the title
You ignorantly repeat the lie and ignorantly think that this is a fantasy of "periodical orbit collapse".

8 January 2018 Bjarne: Falls for a Daily Mail "Is Mercury an alien planet" title lie.

Last edited by Reality Check; 7th January 2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 7th January 2018, 09:16 PM   #501
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

It is ...
Irrelevant ranting as a reply to 8 January 2018 Bjarne: Argument by insult: SR is a valid scientific theory backed up with over a century of data.
Old 7th January 2018, 09:40 PM   #502
Bjarne
Philosopher

The linked post starts with a display of astronomy and English ignorance about a Daily Mail article with a lying title!
Is Mercury an alien planet?
One person in the article suggests that the results hint at the mainstream migration of planets within the early Solar System as seen simulations of the early Solar System. The Daily Mail lies with "alien" in the title
You ignorantly repeat the lie and ignorantly think that this is a fantasy of "periodical orbit collapse".

8 January 2018 Bjarne: Falls for a Daily Mail "Is Mercury an alien planet" title lie.
Yes Yes RC we all know it everybody is lying
But soon it will be definitive confirmed that a significant anisotropic acceleration is a matter of fact.
It will soon be inevitably to understand that periodical orbit collapse is a matter of fact.
Inevitably also to understand the causes of so-called Hot Jupiters too close to a star.
Inevitably to understand that the small inner planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars , included their moons) survived the crash of their mother planet that once was orbiting the Sun.

Last edited by Bjarne; 7th January 2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 7th January 2018, 09:45 PM   #503
Bjarne
Philosopher

And still there are good reason to test Relativity ( ISS , Galileo 5 & 6) so the religion is not finally confirmed
Old 8th January 2018, 03:03 AM   #504
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

It is precisely this that very soon will make this chapter of science the most embarrassing in world history.
The new Modified Theory of Relativity is so simple that a teenagers grasp in abut 5 minutes.

A whole world of highly educated scientists will be put in the shadow of almost idiotic simple mathematics.

Math every chicken, or and schoolboy should be able to understand.
In other words, a chicken brain can bring our paradigm to its knees.
And even a idiotic none educated farmer (with rotten teeth) only spending 7 years in school, can do the same.
Yet YOU have been unable, after years of trying, to explain it to anybody. Well, well ....

Hans
Old 8th January 2018, 05:29 AM   #505
W.D.Clinger
Philosopher

My IQ is too high even to think of the possibility that I'm probably could be wrong. The evidence is already overwhelming. I am totally convinced that I am right.
You sound like a very stable genius.

It is like Josef Goebel and Lenin once said, if you keep telling the same lies, it will become truth.
That strategy isn't working for you.

As Joseph Goebbels (note spelling) and Lenin's successor Stalin demonstrated, telling the same lies will get people to pretend to accept the lies as truth, provided the lies are supported by systematic murder of dissenters.

That's not really the same as lies becoming truth.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2018, 06:02 AM   #506
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Yet YOU have been unable, after years of trying, to explain it to anybody. Well, well ....

Hans

Go back and re-read some of his posts, keeping in mind he is an apparent Flat-Earther. Suddenly everything makes sense. Many of the massive gaping holes in his theory are filled in by the Flat Earth denomination where gravity is caused by an accelerating Earth. His ego and hubris suddenly sound like the well-treaded boasting of Creationists convinced they’re smarter than real scientists.

He’s trying to sell the Flat Earth theory through an anti-relativity back door.
Old 8th January 2018, 06:28 AM   #507
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

All existing evidence supports Relativity, so in this analogy you are the one insisting that the earth is a triangle and that new data that will become available in the next couple of years will prove it. You have now said that you will still continue to insist that it's a triangle even if that new data actually also supports it being round.This is the behaviour of a crackpot, not someone with an alternative theory that might or might not be confirmed by new data.
Old 8th January 2018, 06:44 AM   #508
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Great so "almost idiotic simple mathematics" are evidently beyond your capabilities, otherwise you would not be asking programmers to figure them out for you.

Proclaiming how idiotically simple your notions are doesn't help you. As your inability to actually accomplish the intent of those notions makes you even less than just idiotically simple, just by your own assertions.
Old 8th January 2018, 06:46 AM   #509
Bjarne
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Hans
For the ISS test we have to wait
The summer 2017, I discovered how to measure and anisotropic acceleration with super modern instruments.
Its a huge step forward, that make it possible to finally stick with seven-inch nails what I have said many years.

Last edited by Bjarne; 8th January 2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 8th January 2018, 06:48 AM   #510
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

And still there are good reason to test Relativity ( ISS , Galileo 5 & 6) so the religion is not finally confirmed
Again science always tests itself, that's what makes it science and not a religion.
Old 8th January 2018, 07:00 AM   #511
surreptitious57
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Bjarne

My IQ is too high even to think of the possibility that I am probably could be wrong . The evidence is already overwhelming
Your self confidence in your intellectual capability is very misplaced and you display an incredibly high degree of Dunning Kruger

But if the evidence is so overwhelming then why not have it peer reviewed
Old 8th January 2018, 07:00 AM   #512
Bjarne
Philosopher

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
You sound like a very stable genius.

That strategy isn't working for you.

As Joseph Goebbels (note spelling) and Lenin's successor Stalin demonstrated, telling the same lies will get people to pretend to accept the lies as truth, provided the lies are supported by systematic murder of dissenters.

That's not really the same as lies becoming truth.
Tell what you just wrote 1 million times , and it will be be truth. - There are no "pretend" ..

Old 8th January 2018, 07:05 AM   #513
Bjarne
Philosopher

All existing evidence supports Relativity, so in this analogy you are the one insisting that the earth is a triangle and that new data that will become available in the next couple of years will prove it. You have now said that you will still continue to insist that it's a triangle even if that new data actually also supports it being round.This is the behaviour of a crackpot, not someone with an alternative theory that might or might not be confirmed by new data.
Now lets speak about Speciel Relativity.
Please define "All existing Evidence", - Included evidence that clearly demonstrate that there are no absolutte motion reference frame.
Not lies , not brainwash, and not halleluja, - not bal bla bla bla GPS bal bal bla GPS GPS GPS bla bla bla... such are not EVIDENCE
Show me Scientific Evidence, that have pasted the scientific method.
Show me scientific evidence that clearly show that an absolutte motion reference frame NOT exist

Last edited by Bjarne; 8th January 2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 8th January 2018, 07:16 AM   #514
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Tell what you just wrote 1 million times , and it will be be truth. - There are no "pretend" ..
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/...els-383851.jpg

https://i.stack.imgur.com/TFhJu.jpg
No, as W.D.Clinger notes people simply believing or agreeing doesn't constitute truth. If this is your plan, to simply keep repeating your tripe until it becomes truth, you should come up with a better plan. In fact, keep repeating "I should come up with a better plan" to yourself until you believe and agree that it is true.

Last edited by The Man; 8th January 2018 at 07:20 AM. Reason: typo
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2018, 07:18 AM   #515
Bjarne
Philosopher

All existing evidence supports Relativity, .
Show me scientific evidencee that clearly and objective confirms that space curves.

NOT bla bla bla bla Mercury bal bla bla bla bla bla perihelion precession bla bla bla..bla bla bla, GPS...
Such bla bla bla is nothing but bla bla bla and NOT science.

And by the way, show me Scientific Evidence showing WHAT is space ? -and how can that "something" whatever is made of, - CURVE..
Old 8th January 2018, 07:20 AM   #516
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Please define "All existing Evidence", - Included evidence that clearly demonstrate that there are no absolutte motion reference frame.
Not lies , not brainwash, and not halleluja, - not bal bla bla bla GPS bal bal bla GPS GPS GPS bla bla bla... such are not EVIDENCE
Show me scientific evidence that clearly show that an absolutte motion reference frame NOT exist
I'm sure this has already been posted

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_...ral_relativity

Again all you have to do to show that "there are no absolutte motion reference frame" is incorrect is to define such an absolute reference frame. So far you have asserted and defined your frames to be relative yourself.

Last edited by The Man; 8th January 2018 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2018, 07:24 AM   #517
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/...els-383851.jpg

https://i.stack.imgur.com/TFhJu.jpg
These are two of the most popular techniques amongst delusional pseudoscientists to insist that they be taken seriously. One is the application of affirming the consequent to well-known statements, which is best countered by Sagan's famous quote, "But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." Equally, the fact that people can be fooled into believing a lie by telling it repeatedly does not imply that every statement made repeatedly is untrue. And the other is the time-honoured "Give me your evidence against my claim, except that I insist on the right to exclude evidence that refutes my claim because I hereby declare it not to be evidence." In reality, rather than nutterworld, the truth is that GPS works exactly as designed, and this is very clear evidence that the assumptions on which its design is predicated are sound ones.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2018, 07:27 AM   #518
Bjarne
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
No, as W.D.Clinger notes people simply believing or agreeing doesn't constitute truth. If this is your plan, to simply keep repeating your tripe until it becomes truth, you should come up with a better plan. In fact, keep repeating "I should come up with a better plan" to yourself until you believe and agree that it is true.
  1. I will measurean anisotropic acceleration, using the best possible scientific instruments.
  2. And I can easy predict unexpected measured relativistic anomalies in the ISS data, also using using the best possible scientific instruments.
Such is called Scientific EVIDENCE..

For me creeds it is not enought, - you know bla bla bla Mercury bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla pression bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla curved space bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla GPS GPS GPS GPS haleluja

Last edited by Bjarne; 8th January 2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 8th January 2018, 07:32 AM   #519
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

For the ISS test we have to wait
The summer 2017, I discovered how to measure and anisotropic acceleration with super modern instruments.
Its a huge step forward, that make it possible to finally stick with seven-inch nails what I have said many years.
Oh, you did? And your research report is published, ... where?

Hans
Old 8th January 2018, 07:36 AM   #520
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Dear I will measure
And I can predict unexpected result in the 2019 ISS data
Such is called using the Scientific Method.
But you've said that if the result is as expected you will still not admit that you are wrong. Which is most certainly not the Scientific Method. It's the Crackpot Method.

What precisely is the result of the ISS experiment that you are predicting, BTW? Be very, very specific.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology