IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags mass shootings , school shootings , shooting incidents

Old 25th September 2021, 01:14 AM   #3201
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptical Greg View Post

What's the minimum number dead to actually be counted as a 'mass' shooting, or can we go with the wounded also?

The official rules are printed on the inside of the box top, if anyone saved it that is. If I remember the old commercial correctly though it goes something like "Milton Bradley's Mass Shooter! Shoot four, you SCORE!!!"

So it's 4 and wounded does count.

"Pretty sneaky, sis"

Last edited by mgidm86; 25th September 2021 at 01:17 AM. Reason: I had to add the third exclamation mark. I need odd numbers of them at a time!!! See.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2021, 08:43 PM   #3202
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Los Angeles, California

4 wounded.

A dispute up in the Metro led to a shooting on the train.
Quote:
Police are searching for two suspects, but a description of the suspects was not immediately given.
Suspect.

Riverside, California

6 wounded.

House party.

FTP culture.
Quote:
Deputies learned about the incident after hospitals contacted them about six gunshot wound victims

Riceville, Tennessee

4 killed.

A dispute over a 10 month old child led to the murders.

Quote:
He identified the suspects as Curtis D. Smith, a 38-year-old Black man from Etowah and Jazzmine J. Hall, a 27-year-old White woman from Athens.
Old 26th September 2021, 07:26 PM   #3203
Bogative
Graduate Poster

But Chicago!

6 wounded.

Drive-by.

Oakland, California

4 wounded.

Police believe the SUV they were in was targeted by a gunman standing in the middle of the street.

Utica, New York

4 wounded.

Few details available.
Old 27th September 2021, 08:46 PM   #3204
Bogative
Graduate Poster

But Chicago!!

1 killed, 3 wounded (included a 17-year-old).

Drive-by.

Chattanooga, Tennessee

2 killed, 5 wounded (including a 14-year-old girl).

Every victim was a female, Labrecia Dews (female, 37) and Keniqua Hughes (female, 21) are dead.

Seattle, Washington

3 killed, 3 wounded.

In da club when a fight broke out that led to a shooting and eventually spilled into the parking lot.

Proud boys. Had to be the proud boys, after reading this forum I have learned that chaos ensues when they show up.

New York, New York

5 wounded (including the shooter).

Argument outside da club followed by a shooting.

Weekly totals:

17 mass shootings.

74 wounded.

20 killed.

Not one single suspected Racially or Ethnically Motivated Violent Extremist-White Supremacist pulling the trigger.

Maybe next week.
Old 28th September 2021, 10:15 AM   #3205
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Mass shooting by the police opening fire on a crowd.

Prosecutors say four of the five people wounded outside a high school football game near Philadelphia a month ago — including an 8-year-old girl who was killed — were almost certainly hit by shots fired by police officers.

Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer said Monday that he has asked for an investigative grand jury into the Aug. 27 gunfire in Sharon Hill that claimed the life of 8-year old Fanta Bility and wounded four other people.

“We have concluded that the gunfire, combined with the movement of the vehicle, precipitated responsive gunfire from the Sharon Hill police officers,” Stollsteimer said in a statement. “Our initial ballistics analysis has concluded with near certainty that four of the five gunshot victims, including Fanta Bility, were tragically struck by shots fired by the Sharon Hill police officers. We await final forensic reports.”

https://apnews.com/article/sports-fo...aeb895186ed8d2
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2021, 06:21 AM   #3206
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Weekly weekday totals:

But Chicago!

5 wounded.

2-mile rolling gunbattle in broad daylight down the West Loop. Only one of the wounded was a participant, the rest were bystanders. A security camera recorded dozens of shots from one location.

But Chicago!!

1 killed, 3 wounded.

Two women were sitting in a car when a gunman walked up and shot them execution style, two bystanders were wounded also.

Washington DC

1 killed, 4 wounded.

A silver Honda sedan is the suspect.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

1 killed, 3 wounded.
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:17 AM   #3207
Planigale
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Mass shooting by the police opening fire on a crowd.

Prosecutors say four of the five people wounded outside a high school football game near Philadelphia a month ago — including an 8-year-old girl who was killed — were almost certainly hit by shots fired by police officers.

Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer said Monday that he has asked for an investigative grand jury into the Aug. 27 gunfire in Sharon Hill that claimed the life of 8-year old Fanta Bility and wounded four other people.

“We have concluded that the gunfire, combined with the movement of the vehicle, precipitated responsive gunfire from the Sharon Hill police officers,” Stollsteimer said in a statement. “Our initial ballistics analysis has concluded with near certainty that four of the five gunshot victims, including Fanta Bility, were tragically struck by shots fired by the Sharon Hill police officers. We await final forensic reports.”

https://apnews.com/article/sports-fo...aeb895186ed8d2
Not clear from the report, it sounds like the car / occupants were nothing to do with the shooting? It just turned onto the street in front of the officers as the shootings occurred, possibly making the polivce think it was a drive by? Opening fire without a clear (armed) target would appear to be negligent, but given shooting unarmed people on the ground does not appear to be a criminal act I think it is unlikely there will be any criminal charges.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:30 PM   #3208
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Aurora, Colorado

1 killed, 3 wounded.

Hotel party. Two men were kicked out for starting a fight, they objected by firing through a closed door.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

6 wounded (including a 13-year-old).

Hotel birthday party. Argument leads to a shooting.

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/bre...rks-south-ward

1 dead, 3 wounded.

All four victims were inside a vehicle in a McDonald's parking lot.
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:28 PM   #3209
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Bishopville, South Carolina

1 killed, 4 wounded.

Drive-by, Waffle House, 4 am.

San Antonio, Texas

1 killed, 3 wounded.

House party.
Old 4th October 2021, 06:54 PM   #3210
Bogative
Graduate Poster

No new shootings to report.

This week's totals–

7 mass shootings.

6 killed.

33 wounded.

0 budding fascists or stochastic right wing terrorists suspected pulling the trigger.
Old 5th October 2021, 10:57 PM   #3211
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

No charges filed in Chicago shootout.

Chicago shooting: Lightfoot, prosecutor Foxx exchange war of words over no charges filed in gang gunfight

Quote:
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is lashing out at Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx for citing "mutual combatants" in her decision not to press charges against those arrested in a deadly daylight neighborhood shootout caught on camera last week between rival gang members.

"She's got to explain to the public, why? Given that evidence, a pod camera right there that captured the entire thing and police officers on the scene in uniform, and a squad car there, why that isn't enough?" Lightfoot said at a press conference Monday. "If the bad guys that are out there that are picking up guns and shooting without any regard for the sanctity of life, do not believe that there's accountability for them, the brazenness will not end. It will escalate, it will continue and our communities will not be safe."

One person was killed and five others were taken into custody and later released in connection to the shootout that happened in the Austin neighborhood Friday on the city’s West Side. Three gang members began shooting into a single-family home in broad daylight in an effort to draw out members of an opposing gang faction. Three individuals inside returned fire, killing one of the offenders outside.

More than 70 rounds of shells were recovered from the shooting captured by a city camera, and a set of uniformed officers in a marked squad car were also on the scene within a short period of time and witnessed the activity, Lightfoot, as well as five alderman, in a letter obtained by Fox 32, implored Foxx to reconsider felony charges, like attempted murder, at least against the two surviving initial aggressors.
. . .

"We can't live in a world where there is no accountability," the mayor said. "When there's no accountability, meaning individuals who wreak havoc, who fire indiscriminately or fire at a target but without any regard for the sanctity of life and the health and well-being of others, if they do not feel like the criminal justice system is going to hold them accountable, we're going to see a level of brazenness that will send the city into chaos. We cannot let that happen."
Old 6th October 2021, 09:18 AM   #3212
plague311
Great minds think...

The was a school shooting in Arlington, TX.

Quote:
Three people were reportedly shot at Timberview High School in Arlington Wednesday morning.

The Mansfield Independent School District confirmed the Arlington Police Department, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and other neighboring law enforcement agencies cleared the school after an active shooter situation that happened just before 10 a.m.
Link

No fatalities. So that's good. It looks like the shooter is still alive, but has fled. It's an ongoing story.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 10:26 AM   #3213
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

Regarding the Plymouth (UK) mass shooting last August, a police officer and civilian worker at Devon & Cornwall Police have been given misconduct notices. From all of the information about the shooter and his behaviour and incidents before the shooting, it is clear he should not have been given his gun back. There has been a human break down or error or incompetence or combination thereof, that enabled this shooting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-58814611
Old 6th October 2021, 10:45 AM   #3214
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post

Link

No fatalities. So that's good. It looks like the shooter is still alive, but has fled. It's an ongoing story.
An armed society is a polite society.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 11:47 AM   #3215
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

CNN: Texas school shooter in custody.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:01 PM   #3216
TokenMac
Critical Thinker

Link

I have nothing to add.

But, I was in a Mansfield ISD high school when Timberview opened. If I'm remembering correctly because I was entering my senior year I could choose to go to Timberview or stay at my current school Summit High. I wanted to go to Timberview cus it was new, but I would have to drive and I didn't have a car.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:52 PM   #3217
lobosrul5
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TokenMac View Post
I have nothing to add.

But, I was in a Mansfield ISD high school when Timberview opened. If I'm remembering correctly because I was entering my senior year I could choose to go to Timberview or stay at my current school Summit High. I wanted to go to Timberview cus it was new, but I would have to drive and I didn't have a car.
I went to South Gran* Prairie HS for 2 years so this one hits kinda close to home for me.

*spelling is incorrect on purpose
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:00 PM   #3218
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Gang violence.
Old 6th October 2021, 02:22 PM   #3219
lobosrul5
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Gang violence.
Got a source backing that up? Or did you just see the suspects race and infer?

Arlington TX isn't really known for a lot of gang violence, not that there isn't any.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:40 PM   #3220
TokenMac
Critical Thinker

Talking

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
I went to South Gran* Prairie HS for 2 years so this one hits kinda close to home for me.

*spelling is incorrect on purpose
Go Gophers!

My brothers were Gophers, I was nearly a Warrior, but we moved to Mansfield.

Edit: I got my mascots backward, so Go Warriors!

Gang violence.
Of course, I haven't lived in the area since 2006, but I don't recall much gang violence around MISD schools.

Last edited by TokenMac; 6th October 2021 at 02:42 PM.
TokenMac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:43 PM   #3221
lobosrul5
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TokenMac View Post
Go Gophers!

My brothers were Gophers, I was nearly a Warrior, but we moved to Mansfield.
Lol my friend made up this dumb song or chant... S.G.P.... Sucky, Gopher, Power!. That had to be like 1994/95 but its still in my head!

Last edited by lobosrul5; 6th October 2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 6th October 2021, 03:08 PM   #3222
mgidm86
Philosopher

Got a source backing that up? Or did you just see the suspects race and infer?

Arlington TX isn't really known for a lot of gang violence, not that there isn't any.

As has been shown in this thread, the poster in question will display a list of links to what he only assumes are non-white shootings. Perusing many of the links posted reveals no mention of race or motive in many of them, even when seeking the info from other sources.

So don't bother asking, you need to look for yourself, or simply assume it's BS.
Old 6th October 2021, 03:13 PM   #3223
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Got a source backing that up?
Source? Who needs a source? Here at ISF anytime there is a mass shooting that doesn't involve a certain demographic it is dismissed as "gang violence."
Old 6th October 2021, 03:23 PM   #3224
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
As has been shown in this thread, the poster in question will display a list of links to what he only assumes are non-white shootings. Perusing many of the links posted reveals no mention of race or motive in many of them, even when seeking the info from other sources.
To be fair, every time someone brings this up he does make sure to link one or two shootings where the perpetrator is known to be white for the sake of deniability. Heh.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 03:24 PM   #3225
lobosrul5
Master Poster

Source? Who needs a source? Here at ISF anytime there is a mass shooting that doesn't involve a certain demographic it is dismissed as "gang violence."
By who? You?
Old 6th October 2021, 03:32 PM   #3226
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
As has been shown in this thread, the poster in question will display a list of links to what he only assumes are non-white shootings.
False.

I provide links to every mass shooting reported by gunviolencearchives.org.
Old 6th October 2021, 03:42 PM   #3227
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
To be fair, every time someone brings this up he does make sure to link one or two shootings where the perpetrator is known to be white for the sake of deniability. Heh.

Here's a link to GVA's mass shooting page, find one that I left out where the perpetrator is known to be white. Just one.

Better pack a lunch, you'll be there all day trying.
Old 8th October 2021, 09:24 PM   #3228
Bogative
Graduate Poster

While we wait for Checkmite to produce an example of a shooting I skipped because the perpetrator was known to be white, let's do

The weekly weekday update:

Minneapolis, Minnesota

4 wounded.

Drive-by at a gas station dubbed "Murder Station" by the locals.

Rockford, Illinois

1 killed, 3 wounded.

Drive-by. The police are unsure it's gang-related.

Cleveland, Ohio

4 wounded.

Shots fired into a home recording studio, probably recording some bluegrass gospel.

Baltimore, Maryland

1 killed, 4 wounded.

ShotSpotter (a tool of white supremacy, or something) alerted police to this mass shooting.

New Orleans, Louisiana

2 killed, 2 wounded.

Drive-by. They were working for an "at risk youth" program in a church parking lot at 1:30 in the afternoon.

But Chicago!

4 wounded (including two 15-year-olds)

Drive-by. 2:15 a.m. on a school night.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

3 killed, 1 wounded.

Someone was mad because they had to drive around a car in a parking lot. Argument led to gunplay.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

5 wounded.

Police heard gunshots and found four wounded inside a home.

Montgomery, Alabama

1 killed (17-year-old), 3 wounded (including 17-year-old).

This mass shooting report is late to the party, I will count it this week since it wasn't counted last month.

Baltimore, Maryland

4 wounded.

Quote:
The quadruple shooting happened just a mile away from Broadway East, where two women were killed and six others injured in two separate shootings on Wednesday and Thursday.

11 mass shootings.

9 killed.

40 wounded.

0 suspected angry school moms (a.k.a. domestic terrorists) on the trigger.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:14 PM   #3229
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Washington DC

1 killed, 3 wounded.

No details available other than the suspect is a large, light-colored sedan. Such a strange phenomenon in Washington DC with all these vehicles committing mass shootings.

Livingston, Louisiana

2 dead, 3 wounded.

White guy, Matthew Mire, ambushed and murdered a state trooper after committing two armed home invasions where he shot three other people, one dead.

Denver, Colorado

1 killed, 3 wounded.

Drive-by.

Albany, New York

1 killed, 6 wounded.

One man found dead at the scene, the other six self transported to the ER.

Dallas, Texas

4 wounded. Three 18-year-olds, one 16-year-old.

Three of the victims were found in a Mercedes.
Quote:
The victims are not giving police information about the shooter or shooters.

Mc Coll, South Carolina

2 killed, 3 wounded.

Shooting occurred in a parking lot across from da club, multiple shooters suspected.

Dover, Delaware

1 killed, 4 wounded.

Drive-by at a house party.

But Chicago!

Drive-by.

Oh no, it's happening in Chicago as well. A dark-colored vehicle is the suspect.

Sioux City, Iowa

4 wounded.

A shooting up in da after-hours club.
Quote:
THE VICTIMS HAVE NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED, AND POLICE SAY THEY ARE RECEIVING LIMITED COOPERATION FROM THE VICTIMS.

St. Paul, Minnesota

1 killed, 14 wounded.

A gunfight broke out up in da club. There were victims lying inside the building, outside the building on the sidewalk and in the street.

A DJ was playing mainstream hip-hop music when the gunfire started.

Terry Lorenzo Brown, Jr., 33, Devondre Trevon Phillips, 29, and Jeffrey Orlando Hoffman, 32 have been arrested. Marquisha Wiley is dead.
Old 11th October 2021, 05:30 AM   #3230
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Washington DC

1 killed, 3 wounded.

No details available other than the suspect is a large, light-colored sedan. Such a strange phenomenon in Washington DC with all these vehicles committing mass shootings.

Livingston, Louisiana

2 dead, 3 wounded.

White guy, Matthew Mire, ambushed and murdered a state trooper after committing two armed home invasions where he shot three other people, one dead.

Denver, Colorado

1 killed, 3 wounded.

Drive-by.

Albany, New York

1 killed, 6 wounded.

One man found dead at the scene, the other six self transported to the ER.

Dallas, Texas

4 wounded. Three 18-year-olds, one 16-year-old.

Three of the victims were found in a Mercedes.

Mc Coll, South Carolina

2 killed, 3 wounded.

Shooting occurred in a parking lot across from da club, multiple shooters suspected.

Dover, Delaware

1 killed, 4 wounded.

Drive-by at a house party.

But Chicago!

Drive-by.

Oh no, it's happening in Chicago as well. A dark-colored vehicle is the suspect.

Sioux City, Iowa

4 wounded.

A shooting up in da after-hours club.

St. Paul, Minnesota

1 killed, 14 wounded.

A gunfight broke out up in da club. There were victims lying inside the building, outside the building on the sidewalk and in the street.

A DJ was playing mainstream hip-hop music when the gunfire started.

Terry Lorenzo Brown, Jr., 33, Devondre Trevon Phillips, 29, and Jeffrey Orlando Hoffman, 32 have been arrested. Marquisha Wiley is dead.
That's your problem right there.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2021, 08:08 PM   #3231
Bogative
Graduate Poster

No new shootings to add from the weekend so let's get to the seven day count.

18 mass shootings.

79 wounded.

16 killed.

0 RMVE-WS or parents who are angry at school board members are suspected.

Maybe next week.

Maybe next week by this time Checkmite will provide us with one example of a known white shooter that I skipped.
Old 15th October 2021, 06:46 PM   #3232
Bogative
Graduate Poster

A relatively short weekly weekday count.

South Fulton, Georgia

6 wounded.

Naples, Florida

1 killed, 5 wounded.

White boy. Ongoing feud between shooter and victims.

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/10/12/4-sh...n, Mississippi

3 killed, 1 wounded (infant).

Minneapolis, Minnesota

4 wounded.
Old 16th October 2021, 07:50 PM   #3233
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Killeen, Texas

4 wounded (three critically).

Shooting outside da club.

Mobile, Alabama

4 wounded.

High school football game. This is the second mass shooting that has occurred at the stadium in three years, there were 10 wounded the last time.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:06 PM   #3234
Bogative
Graduate Poster

St. Louis, Missouri

1 killed, 3 wounded.

19-year-old girl was killed, two 18-year-olds and a 16-year-old wounded.

Grambling, Louisiana

1 killed, 7 wounded.

Grambling State University – an HBCU – had a mass shooting during homecoming activities. This was the second deadly shooting on campus in four days.

Pinee Bluff, Arkansas

4 wounded.

All four were found lying in an intersection.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas

1 killed, 7 wounded.

This shooting occurred inside a rented out Shriners club.

Jackson, Mississippi

3 killed, 3 wounded.

Shooting outside the club, shooting inside the club.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania

4 wounded.

A fight at the mall turned into a shooting at the mall. Video shows they're not MAGAr types.

Last edited by Bogative; 17th October 2021 at 08:07 PM.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2021, 08:03 PM   #3235
Bogative
Graduate Poster

This week's mass shooting count wraps up in

Houston, Texas

6 wounded.

A gathering at a park led to an altercation which led to gunplay.

Not one of the victims bothered to call the police.

14 mass shootings.

66 wounded.

12 killed.

I'm sure if any of the shooters were white domestic violent extremists or Trumpers the DOJ has warned us about, there will be a thread here at ISF for everyone to proclaim how right-wingers are the biggest threat to America while largely ignoring the other 570 mass shootings that have occurred this year.
Old 19th October 2021, 07:48 PM   #3236
Bogative
Graduate Poster

GVA posted another weekend mass shooting after my post last night.

Racine, Wisconsin

6 wounded.

Vigil for the one year anniversary of the murder of Marcus Caldwell at the corner of Yout and Carter. Police were called at 11:20 p.m. because the large crowd was loud and there was reckless driving occurring.

When the police arrived, multiple shooters opened fire. People were shot, cars were shot, houses were shot, yards were shot, trees were shot, front porches were shot, doors were shot.

Quote:
WISN 12 saw at least five homes with security cameras, but each homeowner denied to share footage.

Many of them said they were too afraid to share it, because of possible retaliation.
Snitches get stitches culture.

15 mass shootings.

72 wounded.

12 killed.
Old 20th October 2021, 10:33 AM   #3237
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Parkland shooter pleads guilty today. What is the deal with him wearing a shirt that is four sizes too big, and not even shuffing up the cuffs? Is it a lawyer ploy to try to gain sympathy, making him look smaller and more frail?

Too late, ************.
Old 23rd October 2021, 07:30 AM   #3238
Bogative
Graduate Poster

The weekly weekday update:

Kenosha, Wisconsin

2 killed, 2 wounded.

Familicide. Jostin Gutierrez-Pagan shot and killed 18-year-old Marian Pizarro, 17-year-old Sebastian Perez-Alvarez, wounded 35-year-old Luz Pizarro-Perez and a 14-year-old.

Farwell, Michigan

4 killed.

A white woman killed her father and sister along with two people who were working on his house.

Brooklyn, New York

4 wounded.

Shooting occurred at 10:30 in the morning in front of a deli on a busy street.
Quote:
“They’re being uncooperative. We’re looking for video.”
Sounds like FTP culture to me.

Tacoma, Washington

4 killed.

Shooting at a housing project in broad daylight.

A witness saw the gunman run and jump into a car, no description available. The car was black.
Old 23rd October 2021, 07:12 PM   #3239
Bogative
Graduate Poster

But Chicago!

5 wounded.

Walk-up shooting outside of a liquor store.

Fort Valley, Georgia

1 killed, 7 wounded.

Another HBCU mass shooting during homecoming weekend.

Baltimore, Maryland

7 wounded.

Drive-by.
Quote:
I think it should be more policing, you know, and especially at night when it gets dark because you don’t see no police here at night”
She must be a white supremacist with her demands of modern-day slave patrols in black communities, or something.
Old 24th October 2021, 10:20 AM   #3240
Bogative
Graduate Poster

The was a school shooting in Arlington, TX

It was an ongoing story here at ISF until we learned it was the wrong type of school shooting, which surprises no one who has spent much time on this board. Anyway, let's buck that trend.

Initially the family stated that the shooter was actually the victim and he was defending himself from a bully. The family bailed him out, threw him a getting out of jail party and set up a go fund me page. That was good enough for the most of the media and the "skeptics" here at ISF.

The Arlington chief of police had this to say:
Quote:
"This was not a bullying incident. I just want to take that narrative out of the equation," the chief said. "Mr. Simpkins is involved in high-risk activity, and that high-risk activity led to the disagreement within the community."
Anyone want to bet this "high risk activity" involved young Mr. Simpkins dealing drugs and ripping people off in the process?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events