IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bret Weinstein , Eric Weinstein

Reply
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:44 AM   #81
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,605
Quote:
As evidence he presents Tucker Carlson...
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 04:47 AM   #82
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
Weinstein pumps out hours of content to his fanbase of gullible rubes, but there's really no need to wade through all that muck to figure these ghouls out.

Here's a clip from his show. Asked, as a hypothetical, would it be better to catch the delta variant unvaccinated with no access to any medications, or to be vaccinated, Brett responds that it's a "very hard" question. They go on to make claims about the ineffectiveness of vaccination while downplaying the serious risks of a covid infection.

Dude's a crank. The Weinsteins have made a good career of repackaging the crankery and woo as thoughtful "skepticism" and scientific inquiry, but their doubling down on covid denialism reveals their indifference to following data to rational conclusions.
https://twitter.com/thebadstats/stat...45564632408074
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 05:38 AM   #83
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Weinstein pumps out hours of content to his fanbase of gullible rubes, but there's really no need to wade through all that muck to figure these ghouls out.

Here's a clip from his show. Asked, as a hypothetical, would it be better to catch the delta variant unvaccinated with no access to any medications, or to be vaccinated, Brett responds that it's a "very hard" question. They go on to make claims about the ineffectiveness of vaccination while downplaying the serious risks of a covid infection.

Dude's a crank. The Weinsteins have made a good career of repackaging the crankery and woo as thoughtful "skepticism" and scientific inquiry, but their doubling down on covid denialism reveals their indifference to following data to rational conclusions.
https://twitter.com/thebadstats/stat...45564632408074
Bret and Heather seem to have made a career out of trying to make simple things complicated.

Should I take the vaccine rather than get Covid Delta variant?

Real life answer: Yes!

Long answer: Of course you should, you moron!

Bret and Heather: Hmmmm, that's a doozy, and while the Distributed Idea Suppression Complex that involves Big Pharma, antifa, and the Military Industrial Complex would have you believe that the vaccine is a much safer bet than horse worming tablets, I am going to waffle on about how I should have won the Nobel Prize for my discovery that the medical establishment has been using mice with long telomeres that obscure safety fears of Big Pharma...so while what I am about to say may not be true (legal disclaimer added)...[2 hours later]...and that is the way to eradicate the Delta variant in three easy steps.
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 06:23 AM   #84
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing
 
Chris_Halkides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,246
Delta and the vaccine questions

Thanks for the twitter links to the Q & A with Bret Weinstein. I am dumbfounded.
__________________
It is possible both to be right about an issue and to take oneself a little too seriously, but I would rather be reminded of that by a friend than a foe. (a tip of the hat to Foolmewunz)
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 07:39 AM   #85
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
Thanks for the twitter links to the Q & A with Bret Weinstein. I am dumbfounded.
How about this? Ivermectin is 100% effective against Covid, and the mRNA viruses are very dangerous! Very Dangerous...

https://twitter.com/IntelDankWeb/sta...568903/video/1
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 06:17 PM   #86
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 53,030
Ivermictin is great for killing parasites in Horses and Cattle, but agianst Covid????
BTW, Ivermectin is what the stable where my wife keeps her horse uses as a dewormer.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2021, 10:33 PM   #87
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Ivermictin is great for killing parasites in Horses and Cattle, but agianst Covid????
BTW, Ivermectin is what the stable where my wife keeps her horse uses as a dewormer.
Ivermectin is used to treat river blindness in humans and for other parasites, presumably at doses meant for humans and for killing specific parasites.

However, the studies showing it killed SARS-CoV2 were in vitro. Although there have been a number of studies into its use in humans for Covid-19, the studies tend to be either small-scale or very unreliable (in some cases apparently outright fraudulent). Because they don't tend to do well in randomized controlled trials that are less obviously biased, Bret Weinstein has been telling his followers that RCTs are not good evidence, and instead has been touting meta-analyses that have been promoted by ivermectin advocates. And yet one of them, Pierre Kory, who turned up to a Senate hearing wearing a lab coat (presumably to show just how sciency he is) saying that if you take Ivermectin you won't get sick from Covid has... got sick with Covid. Instead of making him rethink this, he has decided to literally double down and advocate taking Ivermectin twice a week rather than just once.

Now, very obvious anti-left pretend-leftist troll, Jimmy Dore, has begun promoting Ivermectin, in addition to his usual schtick of criticizing AOC, Bernie Sanders etc... for not being real leftists and also attacking Fauci etc... for ... um...not promoting Medicare for all (as though that were Fauci's job).
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2021, 04:55 AM   #88
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
I'm really impressed how efficiently the "intellectual dark web" has speedrun the destruction of their own reputations.

The term was popularized around 2018, and now 3 years later we have IDW dip-***** recommending goat dewormer as a miracle drug, all using their quiet, pseudo-enlightened speaking tones.

Peterson seems to be recovering from melting his own brain with a quack cure for benzo addiction, so I expect more of his patented lobster philosophy to be making the rounds in the near future.

Truly impressive how these supposed intellectuals have just nosedived directly into quack territory.
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 26th August 2021 at 04:57 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2021, 08:34 AM   #89
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
Heather and Brett must be really proud to have played a part in this run on farm supply stores.


Quote:
Ivermectin is sold out at ranch and feed stores in Texas. The Texas Poison Center’s hotline is burning up with people concerned about overdosing on the livestock dewormer, which they've taken -- against FDA advice -- to prevent or treat covid

similar story last week, from Mississippi.

Arkansas Poison Control Center has also received an uptick in calls from people taking Ivermectin intended for animal or livestock use.

Feed stores in Oklahoma are also selling out of the livestock dewormer. The state's poison control center is getting calls too.

And Alabama

Florida

Georgia
https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1431256987581489159
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2021, 01:04 PM   #90
WhatRoughBeast
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,473
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post

However, the studies showing it killed SARS-CoV2 were in vitro.
Obligatory xkcd link
WhatRoughBeast is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2021, 08:48 AM   #91
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 960
There's a new Decoding the Gurus podcast about the Weinstein bros
https://decoding-the-gurus.captivate...david-pizarro/
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2021, 04:23 PM   #92
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
There's a new Decoding the Gurus podcast about the Weinstein bros
https://decoding-the-gurus.captivate...david-pizarro/
That's a great episode! I like the format of them explaining their Weinstein obsession to David Pizarro. That said, it is almost starting to feel a little cruel. When they discuss Eric Weinstein's appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast with Weinstein deciding to present his would-be Nobel Prize winning physics paper that would make him the new Einstein, I felt almost embarrassed for Weinstein.

He must have been expecting a totally different reaction from Joe Rogan that he called his website where he presents his views "pullthatupjamie.com" and yet Rogan becomes really combative with Weinstein and telling him that the conversation is bad, and that he has no clue what Weinstein is talking about. Weinstein has brought along a bunch of props as well, but Rogan is not having any of it "People can't see this!" It's actually quite weird because there are plenty of Joe Rogan episodes where they sit around watching videos that the listeners can't see, with apparently no issue, but Rogan seems pissed off about Weinstein using his show to promote his physics theory and probably pissed off at the audacity of Weinstein to call his website "pull that up, Jamie".

It's weird, though, that Eric Weinstein has decided to completely eschew the academic route and has decided to go Joe Rogan for peer review.

__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2021, 07:42 PM   #93
jnelso99
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 988
This thread is fun for me because I worked with a guy named Eric Weinstein. Hopefully his Twitter / LinkedIn / Facebook descriptions all prominently say "No, not that one".
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2021, 07:50 AM   #94
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Ha! Oh Jaysus! The photograph that they talk about in the Weinstein World podcast in which Bret had his photograph taken for his profile as part of the Intellectual Dark Web. Chris Kavanagh talks about how the photographer somehow wanted to take the piss out of them, by getting them in weird poses and managed to have Bret holding a dong-shaped shrub. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bret Weinstein.jpg (59.5 KB, 12 views)
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2021, 12:44 PM   #95
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,605
Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
There's a new Decoding the Gurus podcast about the Weinstein bros
https://decoding-the-gurus.captivate...david-pizarro/

Thank you for this. I wasn’t familiar with the podcast, but this episode is great. A lot of inside baseball on the so-called intellectual dark Web.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2021, 10:59 PM   #96
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
While their fans have been out buying horse paste, getting poisoned, ******** their pants in public, or well...simply dying of Covid because Ivermectin might not be the miracle cure that they have been saying it is, Bret and Heather have now discovered to their horror that maybe a study from Argentina touting Ivermectin as a miracle prophylactic might not be that either.

Bret has now said that he's tried to get the data-set from Hector Carvallo only to be refused it.

https://youtu.be/PqjbvBa3XIQ?t=1428

By the way, Carvallo's paper is here. The DTG podcast was talking about this paper and I hadn't looked at it before. It's pretty atrociously presented "research".

Link

As Chris Kavanagh was laughing about it, the graphs have "Serie 1" and "Serie 2" instead of "personnel" and "infected". Apparently it turns out that Ivermectin was 100% effective at preventing infection among staff in one hospital, and that of those staff who didn't take Ivermectin, 92% (!) got Covid! Oh, and they published in an open access journal which has a total of ONE previous volume!
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 06:43 AM   #97
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
Some thoughts on the modern day snake oil peddlers like the Weinsteins:

Quote:
The horse-paste COVID grift is a morbidly fascinating example of how the snake oil sales grift has evolved in the Internet era. The grifters profit less from directly selling the snake oil than they do from monetizing the attention they get from advocating the snake oil.

As far as I can tell, the Ivermectin manufacturers are as horrified by all this as anyone.

In any case, it makes sense as an (evil) strategy. Selling veterinary drugs for off-label use in humans exposes you to significant regulatory and legal risk at scale. Selling newsletters/books/advertising by promoting the same? Far less legally fraught, and likely more lucrative.

The other advantage to the grifters is agility. With no inventory to maintain, they can quickly move on once horse paste runs its course and transfer the “credibility” they’ve built with their followers to promote the next scam cure-all that “the government is hiding from you”.
https://twitter.com/mattblaze/status...06826399150085

Interesting that you hardly hear of these ghouls hawking hydroxychloroquine anymore. Curious what these grifters will leap to next.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2021, 12:46 PM   #98
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 960
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
While their fans have been out buying horse paste, getting poisoned, ******** their pants in public, or well...simply dying of Covid because Ivermectin might not be the miracle cure that they have been saying it is, Bret and Heather have now discovered to their horror that maybe a study from Argentina touting Ivermectin as a miracle prophylactic might not be that either.

Bret has now said that he's tried to get the data-set from Hector Carvallo only to be refused it.

https://youtu.be/PqjbvBa3XIQ?t=1428

By the way, Carvallo's paper is here. The DTG podcast was talking about this paper and I hadn't looked at it before. It's pretty atrociously presented "research".

Link

As Chris Kavanagh was laughing about it, the graphs have "Serie 1" and "Serie 2" instead of "personnel" and "infected". Apparently it turns out that Ivermectin was 100% effective at preventing infection among staff in one hospital, and that of those staff who didn't take Ivermectin, 92% (!) got Covid! Oh, and they published in an open access journal which has a total of ONE previous volume!
Interesting that they are walking back they're reliance on the Agentinian study. Yeah, that 92% number for the the control group getting covid is a major red flag.

Here's a 2 hour podcast with Yuri Deigin on Rebel Wisdom discussing his issues with BW and HH on IVM and the vaccine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwzfnZfo-rU
complete with slides
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ewN...PpoaELBwY/edit
Yuri is a russian biomedical entrepreneur who appeared on the dark horse podcast in support of the lab leak hypothesis.

I've had very little exposure to Bret until recently. I am shocked that a Ph.D. biologist would invoke the appeal to nature fallacy to support the use of IVM. See the 17:30 mark here:
https://www.betterskeptics.com/trans...st-livestream/
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 08:20 AM   #99
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Eric Weinstein says:

Quote:
In my experience
@AnnCoulter
is actually more genuinely left of center on our needing deep painful labor shortages that bring employers to their knees at the bargaining table rather than the Visa trough, than the fake Left we call the
@DNC
. Anti-war is another example of this.
Link

This looks exactly like what the DTG guys call a "Galaxy-Brained take". Something that sounds so crazy that it might be...stupid.

ETA:

Quote:
I have been in rooms with
@JDVance1

@bgmasters
or
@peterthiel
where the entire focus is hours spent trying to figure out plans to help US working families make the markets work for them. I can’t get that quality of conversation on the Left. And I’m sometimes the only Democrat.

Who can deny he has been in those rooms?

ETA:
Quote:
You may despise
@TuckerCarlson
if you are on the Left. But in private, he focuses on US working families.
So there!
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)

Last edited by angrysoba; 1st September 2021 at 08:23 AM.
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2021, 09:13 AM   #100
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,605
The lurkers support Weinstein in emails?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2021, 02:04 PM   #101
p0lka
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 2,586
Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
There's a new Decoding the Gurus podcast about the Weinstein bros
https://decoding-the-gurus.captivate...david-pizarro/
Thanks for the link, I think they nailed it.

As I posted earlier, Eric always has a better way to do stuff.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2021, 04:48 AM   #102
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
What a legacy to be proud of:

Quote:
Patients overdosing on ivermectin backing up rural Oklahoma hospitals, ambulances

Dr. McElyea said patients are packing his eastern and southeastern Oklahoma hospitals after taking ivermectin doses meant for a full-sized horse, because they believed false claims the horse de-wormer could fight COVID-19.

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated,” he said.
https://kfor.com/news/local/patients...ls-ambulances/

I suppose this puts the bed the question about whether or not Brett and Heather are anything but cranks, right? This whole Ivermectin and anti-vax thing is thoroughly discrediting of their judgement.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2021, 08:54 AM   #103
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Eric proving he is a douchebag with this tweet...

...he clearly thinks he is being funny/original when he is just dipping into the usual right-wing BS...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eric face covering.jpg (38.4 KB, 4 views)
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2021, 08:58 AM   #104
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
I think he's having a meltdown...


...is that significant, or just Monday?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eric meltdown.jpg (27.3 KB, 14 views)
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2021, 07:25 PM   #105
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 960
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
I think he's having a meltdown...





...is that significant, or just Monday?
The Weinstein Bros have convinced themselves that the biomed elite have completely failed during the pandemic. I see the rapid vaccine development and deployment and the heroic work of our docs and nurses as evidence of a great positive impact under difficult and unprecedented circumstances.


Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2021, 07:36 PM   #106
p0lka
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 2,586
Has Eric solved the covid crisis, but is not going to release the results because we don't deserve it yet?
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2021, 08:19 PM   #107
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
The Weinstein Bros have convinced themselves that the biomed elite have completely failed during the pandemic. I see the rapid vaccine development and deployment and the heroic work of our docs and nurses as evidence of a great positive impact under difficult and unprecedented circumstances.


Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
Has Eric solved the covid crisis, but is not going to release the results because we don't deserve it yet?
Well, of course societies around the world would have more chance of getting back to normal if people like his brother and his buddies in the “intellectual” dark web weren’t constantly trying to outdo themselves by pumping misinformation into the ether and finding out who can have the most cynical and destructive take on the pandemic.
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2021, 12:30 AM   #108
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
I shouldn't really be doing this as I think it is bad for my health, but I am just stunned by some of Eric's tweets. I know that these are his ideas of "humour", but unless they are good friends, this comes across as pretty ******...
Attached Images
File Type: png Eric and Edward.png (31.7 KB, 6 views)
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2021, 02:29 PM   #109
p0lka
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 2,586
The Weinstein's and Deepak chopra should have a beer together,
both sides of a coin that functions in a world of their own making, value seems to be their goal. Recently heard the word 'grift', didn't understand it, now I do.

edit:
I'm in the uk at the moment and we seem to have grifters in power. thank you forum for the new concept 'grifter'

Last edited by p0lka; 8th September 2021 at 02:36 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 03:04 AM   #110
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 1,700
^ Check out Stephen Frears' movie The Grifters (John Cusack, Annete Benning, Angelica Huston, from a Jim Thompson novel), 'cos it's a very good noir-ish film and is about grifting...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 05:39 AM   #111
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
Since the Weinsteins love jumping to wild conclusions based on limited medical studies, wonder what they make of this paper that found Ivermectin reduced the viability of sperm cells.

Quote:
85 percent of all male patients treated in a particular centre with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunction.

Dysfunctions include the following:

Low sperm count
Poor sperm morphology
Two heads
Tiny heads
Double tails
Absence of tails
Albino sperm cells
Azoospermia, or the absence of motile sperm
Poor sperm motility
https://kfor.com/news/ivermectin-cau...tm_source=t.co
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2021, 08:03 AM   #112
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing
 
Chris_Halkides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,246
rat study concerning ivermectin

There is also a 2008 study on rats, which was mentioned in another thread. "We concluded that ivermectin has slight effects on male fertility, but when taken with verapamil induced adverse effects on meiosis and fertility."
__________________
It is possible both to be right about an issue and to take oneself a little too seriously, but I would rather be reminded of that by a friend than a foe. (a tip of the hat to Foolmewunz)
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 06:41 AM   #113
rdwight
Muse
 
rdwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 893
Listened to some of the newest podcast on Joe Rogan with one of them. Ever get that really cringy feeling when someone is talking about other's shortcomings and they literally are describing themselves? Happened multiple times from the portions I listened to. Think he's insulated himself from honest debate with those that disagree with him for too long. Rogan gives no push back and has no expertise to do so even if he wanted.
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 04:05 PM   #114
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by rdwight View Post
Listened to some of the newest podcast on Joe Rogan with one of them. Ever get that really cringy feeling when someone is talking about other's shortcomings and they literally are describing themselves? Happened multiple times from the portions I listened to. Think he's insulated himself from honest debate with those that disagree with him for too long. Rogan gives no push back and has no expertise to do so even if he wanted.
Bret and Heather tallking about how others cannot science, for example?

They often start citing papers on their podcast that promote Ivermectin or read some anti-vax paper only to say in the same sentence, "I haven't actually read this yet, but...."

But, hey, it looks like Michael Shermer is going to be hosting Bret and Heather to talk about their book. As others have pointed out, Michael Shermer is definitely going to lay into them for their anti-vax/"ivermectin alone can drive [Covid 19] to extinction" claims.

Link

Oh wow! The comments under Michael Shermer's Tweet are pretty brutal. LOL! I think Shermer would have a hard time ignoring the anti-vax/ivermectin elephant in the room.
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2021, 04:31 PM   #115
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Looks like Chris Kavanagh from Decoding the Gurus, called it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kavanagh on Weinstein and Shermer.jpg (26.8 KB, 21 views)
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 06:27 AM   #116
Roboramma
Penultimate Amazing
 
Roboramma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 14,899
Here's hoping Shermer raises the issues that should be raised. I know he's been willing in the past to have conversations with people he disagrees with, and tries to be both friendly but also actually engaging them on the issues in question. Hopefully that will be the case here, but again, I guess we'll see.

The last time I really paid any attention to Bret Weinstien was a little over a year ago (I think) when he was on Joe Rogan and talking about George Floyd, trying to argue that George Floyd wasn't murdered and people were misinterpreting the video. After yelling at my computer for a while I had to turn it off. At least on that occasion Rogan was calling him on his ********, but I guess he has been taken in too much by the anti-vaxers to do so this time around. (I wouldn't know, I haven't seen Rogan's podcast since he moved to Spotify last year).
__________________
"... when people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
Isaac Asimov
Roboramma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 01:16 PM   #117
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 960
Originally Posted by rdwight View Post
Listened to some of the newest podcast on Joe Rogan with one of them. Ever get that really cringy feeling when someone is talking about other's shortcomings and they literally are describing themselves? Happened multiple times from the portions I listened to. Think he's insulated himself from honest debate with those that disagree with him for too long. Rogan gives no push back and has no expertise to do so even if he wanted.
Bingo
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 07:27 AM   #118
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,373
Originally Posted by Roboramma View Post
Here's hoping Shermer raises the issues that should be raised. I know he's been willing in the past to have conversations with people he disagrees with, and tries to be both friendly but also actually engaging them on the issues in question. Hopefully that will be the case here, but again, I guess we'll see.

The last time I really paid any attention to Bret Weinstien was a little over a year ago (I think) when he was on Joe Rogan and talking about George Floyd, trying to argue that George Floyd wasn't murdered and people were misinterpreting the video. After yelling at my computer for a while I had to turn it off. At least on that occasion Rogan was calling him on his ********, but I guess he has been taken in too much by the anti-vaxers to do so this time around. (I wouldn't know, I haven't seen Rogan's podcast since he moved to Spotify last year).
Well, I listened to the podcast to see one of the heroes of Skepticism ride to the rescue and put a stop to all the nonsense that Weinstein and Heying have been saying throughout the pandemic. Michael Shermer has told us before about the harms that medical woo can do, so obviously we could rely on him on this one, right....?

Nope!

Shermer basically gives Heather and Bret a completely softball interview where he reveals that B&H once bought him dinner, etc... giggles about how his T-shirt saying "We Are All Africans" would be deplored by the woke cult, etc... and then they just go straight into the themes of their book, and literally no mention is made of vaccines or Ivermectin. I think the only time they talked about the pandemic was when Heather ventured that young white girls are probably getting propagandized into being trans because that's pretty much the only way that white girls can get adulation, you see, and especially these days.

They talk quite a lot about how things are these days, and how the modern world is not good for us, really, especially with all that porn around. They say that yes, boys will be boys so they are always out for getting their end away - just like all the other animals, and pollen, and lobsters, and that's evolutionary, but also boys need stable monogamous relationships, and that's evolutionary too because it forms more stable outcomes for their children. Stable in a modern sense or a hunter-gather sense? We don't find out and Shermer is not that interested in challenging their ideas (they bought him dinner once, remember). But that monogamy thing is difficult to do with all the girls flashing their bodies everywhere, with all that porn and all the modern world telling girls to be like promiscuous boys.

At one stage, Shermer (giggling I think, but I am not sure, he always seems to be giggling in my mind's ear) finally says something like "Boy, you guys for total liberals that we know are steadfast liberals, sure do sound a bit conservative sometimes!"

Oh, ya think, Shermer? That's weird isn't it, how nobody has noticed that before. [I read a comment somewhere that this type of reset is like the Bobby steps out of a shower scene in Dallas - yeah we forgot the last few years and suddenly Bret is just that liberal college professor from Evergreen who we were all told he was]. Well, Heather told us that even though she is a total liberal she reaches across the aisle to her good friend Abigail Shier who she totally agrees with despite Shier being a conservative. It was a real surprise to me.

Then they talk a bit about abortion, and it turns out that despite being total liberals, Bret tends to feel some greater affinity for the pro-life arguments. I mean, don't get me wrong, says Bret, I mean everyone agrees, he assures us, everyone agrees that some kind of choice should be allowed, right???!??!? But he then ventures that everyone agrees that we can't have abortions all the way up to the moment of birth, right? So we all agree somewhat on some pro-life position. Yeah, and at this point Shermer points out that his good friend Dinesh D'Souza, who despite being a conservative, he finds very persuasive that women who want their pregnancies say babies, and those that don't say fetuses. And yeah, then Bret says that you know, we can agree that a fetus is fetus until it at least attaches to the uterus wall... HOLY WHAT?!??!? This happens after six days! The Texas bill makes abortion illegal after six weeks. Is this Bret's idea of "we all agree"?

Then Shermer mentions about Roe vs Wade being on the chopping block - Oh, I wonder if we get their opinion on this? No, Shermer says it's a hot button issue so let's ignore it! (Like WTF!?!?) Oh, and then he quickly admonishes people to not really worry about it anyway because, well.... under states rights different states will still allow it... just not the religious ones. *giggle* (I don't actually know if he is giggling, but that's how he sounds to me! Maybe smug is the word).

Anyway, it all sounded like bollocks to me. A gentle run through a Just So Story Book of Reactionary Ideas midwifed by Dr Skeptic himself Michael Shermer.

Am I being unfair? I don't know... you can see for yourself if you really want:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


I noticed there was a fair bit of pushback on Twitter for Shermer's podcast and also Bret Weinstein's reaction to the "mob".

Oh, and after Shermer was finished with that, he decided to turn to some of the more pressing matters of the day such as who should be the next Jeopardy host. He is in favour of some guy I have no idea who, and one of his followers was sulking about how the white guy was probably the wrong colour, because white oppression probably...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kavanagh Shermer.jpg (39.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Weinstein Shermer.jpg (38.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Shermer Jeopardy.jpg (30.4 KB, 8 views)
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 07:58 AM   #119
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 11,488
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Well, I listened to the podcast to see one of the heroes of Skepticism ride to the rescue and put a stop to all the nonsense that Weinstein and Heying have been saying throughout the pandemic. Michael Shermer has told us before about the harms that medical woo can do, so obviously we could rely on him on this one, right....?

Nope!

Shermer basically gives Heather and Bret a completely softball interview where he reveals that B&H once bought him dinner, etc... giggles about how his T-shirt saying "We Are All Africans" would be deplored by the woke cult, etc... and then they just go straight into the themes of their book, and literally no mention is made of vaccines or Ivermectin. I think the only time they talked about the pandemic was when Heather ventured that young white girls are probably getting propagandized into being trans because that's pretty much the only way that white girls can get adulation, you see, and especially these days.

They talk quite a lot about how things are these days, and how the modern world is not good for us, really, especially with all that porn around. They say that yes, boys will be boys so they are always out for getting their end away - just like all the other animals, and pollen, and lobsters, and that's evolutionary, but also boys need stable monogamous relationships, and that's evolutionary too because it forms more stable outcomes for their children. Stable in a modern sense or a hunter-gather sense? We don't find out and Shermer is not that interested in challenging their ideas (they bought him dinner once, remember). But that monogamy thing is difficult to do with all the girls flashing their bodies everywhere, with all that porn and all the modern world telling girls to be like promiscuous boys.

At one stage, Shermer (giggling I think, but I am not sure, he always seems to be giggling in my mind's ear) finally says something like "Boy, you guys for total liberals that we know are steadfast liberals, sure do sound a bit conservative sometimes!"

Oh, ya think, Shermer? That's weird isn't it, how nobody has noticed that before. [I read a comment somewhere that this type of reset is like the Bobby steps out of a shower scene in Dallas - yeah we forgot the last few years and suddenly Bret is just that liberal college professor from Evergreen who we were all told he was]. Well, Heather told us that even though she is a total liberal she reaches across the aisle to her good friend Abigail Shier who she totally agrees with despite Shier being a conservative. It was a real surprise to me.

Then they talk a bit about abortion, and it turns out that despite being total liberals, Bret tends to feel some greater affinity for the pro-life arguments. I mean, don't get me wrong, says Bret, I mean everyone agrees, he assures us, everyone agrees that some kind of choice should be allowed, right???!??!? But he then ventures that everyone agrees that we can't have abortions all the way up to the moment of birth, right? So we all agree somewhat on some pro-life position. Yeah, and at this point Shermer points out that his good friend Dinesh D'Souza, who despite being a conservative, he finds very persuasive that women who want their pregnancies say babies, and those that don't say fetuses. And yeah, then Bret says that you know, we can agree that a fetus is fetus until it at least attaches to the uterus wall... HOLY WHAT?!??!? This happens after six days! The Texas bill makes abortion illegal after six weeks. Is this Bret's idea of "we all agree"?

Then Shermer mentions about Roe vs Wade being on the chopping block - Oh, I wonder if we get their opinion on this? No, Shermer says it's a hot button issue so let's ignore it! (Like WTF!?!?) Oh, and then he quickly admonishes people to not really worry about it anyway because, well.... under states rights different states will still allow it... just not the religious ones. *giggle* (I don't actually know if he is giggling, but that's how he sounds to me! Maybe smug is the word).

Anyway, it all sounded like bollocks to me. A gentle run through a Just So Story Book of Reactionary Ideas midwifed by Dr Skeptic himself Michael Shermer.

Am I being unfair? I don't know... you can see for yourself if you really want:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


I noticed there was a fair bit of pushback on Twitter for Shermer's podcast and also Bret Weinstein's reaction to the "mob".

Oh, and after Shermer was finished with that, he decided to turn to some of the more pressing matters of the day such as who should be the next Jeopardy host. He is in favour of some guy I have no idea who, and one of his followers was sulking about how the white guy was probably the wrong colour, because white oppression probably...
It's no mystery why the "Skeptics movement" was such a short lived one.
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 15th September 2021 at 08:38 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2021, 08:37 AM   #120
whoanellie
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 960
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Well, I listened to the podcast to see one of the heroes of Skepticism ride to the rescue and put a stop to all the nonsense that Weinstein and Heying have been saying throughout the pandemic. Michael Shermer has told us before about the harms that medical woo can do, so obviously we could rely on him on this one, right....?



Nope!



Shermer basically gives Heather and Bret a completely softball interview where he reveals that B&H once bought him dinner, etc... giggles about how his T-shirt saying "We Are All Africans" would be deplored by the woke cult, etc... and then they just go straight into the themes of their book, and literally no mention is made of vaccines or Ivermectin. I think the only time they talked about the pandemic was when Heather ventured that young white girls are probably getting propagandized into being trans because that's pretty much the only way that white girls can get adulation, you see, and especially these days.



They talk quite a lot about how things are these days, and how the modern world is not good for us, really, especially with all that porn around. They say that yes, boys will be boys so they are always out for getting their end away - just like all the other animals, and pollen, and lobsters, and that's evolutionary, but also boys need stable monogamous relationships, and that's evolutionary too because it forms more stable outcomes for their children. Stable in a modern sense or a hunter-gather sense? We don't find out and Shermer is not that interested in challenging their ideas (they bought him dinner once, remember). But that monogamy thing is difficult to do with all the girls flashing their bodies everywhere, with all that porn and all the modern world telling girls to be like promiscuous boys.



At one stage, Shermer (giggling I think, but I am not sure, he always seems to be giggling in my mind's ear) finally says something like "Boy, you guys for total liberals that we know are steadfast liberals, sure do sound a bit conservative sometimes!"



Oh, ya think, Shermer? That's weird isn't it, how nobody has noticed that before. [I read a comment somewhere that this type of reset is like the Bobby steps out of a shower scene in Dallas - yeah we forgot the last few years and suddenly Bret is just that liberal college professor from Evergreen who we were all told he was]. Well, Heather told us that even though she is a total liberal she reaches across the aisle to her good friend Abigail Shier who she totally agrees with despite Shier being a conservative. It was a real surprise to me.



Then they talk a bit about abortion, and it turns out that despite being total liberals, Bret tends to feel some greater affinity for the pro-life arguments. I mean, don't get me wrong, says Bret, I mean everyone agrees, he assures us, everyone agrees that some kind of choice should be allowed, right???!??!? But he then ventures that everyone agrees that we can't have abortions all the way up to the moment of birth, right? So we all agree somewhat on some pro-life position. Yeah, and at this point Shermer points out that his good friend Dinesh D'Souza, who despite being a conservative, he finds very persuasive that women who want their pregnancies say babies, and those that don't say fetuses. And yeah, then Bret says that you know, we can agree that a fetus is fetus until it at least attaches to the uterus wall... HOLY WHAT?!??!? This happens after six days! The Texas bill makes abortion illegal after six weeks. Is this Bret's idea of "we all agree"?



Then Shermer mentions about Roe vs Wade being on the chopping block - Oh, I wonder if we get their opinion on this? No, Shermer says it's a hot button issue so let's ignore it! (Like WTF!?!?) Oh, and then he quickly admonishes people to not really worry about it anyway because, well.... under states rights different states will still allow it... just not the religious ones. *giggle* (I don't actually know if he is giggling, but that's how he sounds to me! Maybe smug is the word).



Anyway, it all sounded like bollocks to me. A gentle run through a Just So Story Book of Reactionary Ideas midwifed by Dr Skeptic himself Michael Shermer.



Am I being unfair? I don't know... you can see for yourself if you really want:



YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE




I noticed there was a fair bit of pushback on Twitter for Shermer's podcast and also Bret Weinstein's reaction to the "mob".



Oh, and after Shermer was finished with that, he decided to turn to some of the more pressing matters of the day such as who should be the next Jeopardy host. He is in favour of some guy I have no idea who, and one of his followers was sulking about how the white guy was probably the wrong colour, because white oppression probably...
Thank you for listening so I don't have to.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.