IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st October 2021, 08:24 AM   #361
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
I'm also wondering why Gabby's parents took so long to report her missing.
Ten days isn't such a long time. People always hope for a reasonable explanation at times like this, so they'll often wait for one.

You say you were reported missing at one time when you were younger. Were you not answering cell phone text/messages? Just been through a bad breakup? Were there police reports of you possibly being the victim/aggressor or possibly both (I don't know when Gabby's parent first became aware of these).
This was 1969, so there were no cell phones. I was 14 years old, and I was gone for three months, hitchhiking around North America. My parents reported me missing after roughly two weeks.

Gabby was an adult who should be reachable by phone, at least at times, who's last text was suspicious. I mean if Gabby's parents took so long to suspect/report foul play why should Brian's parents be faster to suspect?
You seem unwilling to consider that Brian could've spilled his guts as soon as he got home, or at least told them some version of the story that gained their support. Kids know their parents. My parents would never have broken the law to protect me in a situation like this, but I know that. What did Brian know about his parents? Like I said, we can only speculate.
Old 1st October 2021, 08:37 AM   #362
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
You seem unwilling to consider that Brian could've spilled his guts as soon as he got home, or at least told them some version of the story that gained their support.
As you say later it's speculative. I'm not claiming it isn't possible. There is just not a shred of evidence pointing that direction right now. There is even a bit against it in that they passed up a golden opportunity to help him flee on the camping trip they took.
Ten days isn't such a long time. People always hope for a reasonable explanation at times like this, so they'll often wait for one.
And this could apply to Brian's parents equally well. Might be that a confrontation with the lawyer on the 11th was when they came to reality.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 1st October 2021 at 08:40 AM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:42 AM   #363
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

This was 1969, so there were no cell phones. I was 14 years old, and I was gone for three months, hitchhiking around North America. My parents reported me missing after roughly two weeks.

You seem unwilling to consider that Brian could've spilled his guts as soon as he got home, or at least told them some version of the story that gained their support. Kids know their parents. My parents would never have broken the law to protect me in a situation like this, but I know that. What did Brian know about his parents? Like I said, we can only speculate.
I honestly think my mom would help me hide a body. She doesn't even like me that much, but she loves me, and that's what love means to her.

My dad would drag me to the police station by my ear and make me turn myself in. For the record, I believe his way is the correct one.

But it's true that we tend to know. Brian may have known they would help. Or he may have lied to them, as well.
Old 1st October 2021, 08:43 AM   #364
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

On meta level this case is starting, on a media level, to reach that annoying "There's no news and hasn't been for a while but there hasn't been no news for so long the media feels comfortable not talking about" stage which I hate.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:50 AM   #365
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

He killed her. In self defense. Still trouble worthy of hiding out.

The only physical evidence we know of is a body. No final coroners report, no cause of death. No tox panel. No word of bruising from a mutual fight. His skin under her fingernails? No known weapon? Fingerprints there on? A rock next to her body wouldn't prove murder. Did the cops process the van looking for blood spatter?

Maybe she jumped off the bridge? Could her body have washed downstream? Didn't he go back to the bridge? Perhaps by then the body had gone down stream?

Because: I know as much as YOU do.
Old 1st October 2021, 08:57 AM   #366
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I mentioned earlier that it's way, way, way down on the list of "likely scenarios" but her being the abuser in the scenario isn't like... totally in realm of fiction level impossible.

The default to the guy being the aggressor is just playing the odds, it's not the only possibility.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 01:02 PM   #367
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Well, yeah, it is hard when both your vehicles aren't available to you, you're a thousand miles from any border, and your name and picture are all over the news.

Some people appear to be more invested in this idea than the currently known facts would warrant.
Couple of hundred bucks buys some jalopy rust bucket. Grow/shave facial hair and roadtrip out to a border. Hire a boat, go to the cayman islands or similar. Once there score a menial job off the record, cash paying job. It isn't impossible to do. Or head for Alaska and go totally off the grid. Or the Bayou. The USA is big with an awful lot of empty space to vanish into, not to mention neighbouring countries.

Sure, none of those would be an ideal life, but if the alternate is prison, it may seem preferable to make the attempt. To some people.

What might catch him then? Phone records for one. He would have to dispose of any connected equipment. Phones, tablets, laptops, etc. Those devices would locate him handily. He could use snail mail to communicate home anonymously. But nobody could reply unless he was daft enough to provide his own return mailing address. Could he do that via legal counsel wherever he is? Sure, but that leaves a trail of it's own, so not practically. It still geolocates him.

So perhaps he uses whatever funds provided by his family to buy a new identity, passport, DL, BC and all that. Possible. But that runs the risk that one may be caught at any time (and likely will be over time) and that is not a pleasant life either.

So there are limited options.

1. He is on the run and will attempt one, some or all of what I described above.

2. He is panicking about a crime of passion and does not know what to do next really.

3. He did not do it and believes he will be wrongly convicted no matter what.

4. He is already dead by murder or suicide.

And that is it. Anyone have any other possibilities? Feel free to add.

For me, I think 2 might be the case. Maybe. But I am in no way convinced of it.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 01:05 PM   #368
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
And that is it. Anyone have any other possibilities? Feel free to add.
It's like way down on the list of possibilities, like somewhere between "Abducted by Aliens" and "Driving Around the Country in a Van solving Mysteries with a Great Dane" but like I alluded to the possibility that he killed her in self defense because she was the abusive one (a possibility that been brought up in the mainstream) but feels like he's already pretty much been convicted in the court of public opinion (which is sorta true) has crossed my mind in fleeting moments.

I only bring it up in any serious context because if the sexes were reversed and all the other facts of the case stayed exactly the same THAT would be the prime pop-culture theory.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 1st October 2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old 1st October 2021, 03:07 PM   #369
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post

The only physical evidence we know of is a body. No final coroners report, no cause of death. No tox panel. No word of bruising from a mutual fight. His skin under her fingernails? No known weapon? Fingerprints there on? A rock next to her body wouldn't prove murder. Did the cops process the van looking for blood spatter?

Maybe she jumped off the bridge? Could her body have washed downstream? Didn't he go back to the bridge? Perhaps by then the body had gone down stream?

I found it odd that the media referred to the recovery of her "remains" rather than her "body". From that I infer that something unusual took place (aside from, you know, murder.)
Old 1st October 2021, 04:33 PM   #370
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I found it odd that the media referred to the recovery of her "remains" rather than her "body". From that I infer that something unusual took place (aside from, you know, murder.)
Possibly - but not necessarily, I think. I'm not really sure that there is a convention of referring to "remains" if a victim's body has been disrupted somehow, I think they are more or less used interchangeably.

Last edited by Checkmite; 1st October 2021 at 04:35 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 05:32 PM   #371
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Butter! View Post
I honestly think my mom would help me hide a body. She doesn't even like me that much, but she loves me, and that's what love means to her.

My dad would drag me to the police station by my ear and make me turn myself in. For the record, I believe his way is the correct one.

But it's true that we tend to know. Brian may have known they would help. Or he may have lied to them, as well.
My parents were extremely supportive, and took a lot of crap from me over the years, but they were also very law-abiding. If I'd told them I'd murdered someone, I expect their heads would explode. When that settled, they wouldn't help me run away from the consequences. They'd want me to deal with what was in front of me, but they'd be there for me.
Old 1st October 2021, 05:37 PM   #372
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

"Mom, dad? I'm in trouble. You're gonna hear some stuff soon, but I swear none of it is true. Right now I just need your help. I just need some time to figure it out and make it right. Please just help me buy some time. I promise I'll explain everything, but right now I just need to get away. Please just trust me."

"Oh my dear sweet boy! Whatever you need, of course your father and I will take care of you!"
Old 1st October 2021, 07:05 PM   #373
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Possibly - but not necessarily, I think. I'm not really sure that there is a convention of referring to "remains" if a victim's body has been disrupted somehow, I think they are more or less used interchangeably.
The body had plenty of time to be attracted to by wild animals. 2-3 weeks?
Old 1st October 2021, 07:12 PM   #374
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Maybe she killed herself in a diabolical plan to frame him. You know how these Karens be.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:51 PM   #375
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
"Mom, dad? I'm in trouble. You're gonna hear some stuff soon, but I swear none of it is true. Right now I just need your help. I just need some time to figure it out and make it right. Please just help me buy some time. I promise I'll explain everything, but right now I just need to get away. Please just trust me."

"Oh my dear sweet boy! Whatever you need, of course your father and I will take care of you!"
I’m shocked at how little help I could offer in this situation. Here’s $100 in quarters and some canned tuna.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:55 PM   #376
mgidm86
Philosopher

The time allotted for me to care about this case has expired. Very sad for the girl but I just don't care about this dude anymore, except that I hope he is dead. Either that or we get years of media BS and he doesn't deserve it.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:30 PM   #377
Warp12
Master Poster

My parents were extremely supportive, and took a lot of crap from me over the years, but they were also very law-abiding. If I'd told them I'd murdered someone, I expect their heads would explode. When that settled, they wouldn't help me run away from the consequences. They'd want me to deal with what was in front of me, but they'd be there for me.
I think it depends on the upbringing. Quite honestly, my dad told me if I ever killed someone he would help me dispose of the body. He had a saying, "You lie, I'll swear to it, and we'll get out of it". His whole family was like that.

So, I can see this guy's parents trying to help him get out of this, no matter what. For some people, family trumps everything.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:35 PM   #378
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I think the reason this story has "legs" over most of the others, is the ongoing mystery, and the escalating involvement of the related parties.
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:55 PM   #379
Checkmite

I think the reason this story has "legs" over most of the others, is the ongoing mystery, and the escalating involvement of the related parties.
But if you think about it, there's not really that much going on here that's unusual or particularly interesting.

A woman has been killed. Her body has been found. The primary suspect is her boyfriend, and he is currently a fugitive. The victim's family wants answers, and the suspect's family is hostile because they believe he's been wrongly accused. It's a generic store-brand murder case. The appearance of intrigue is manufactured by the fact that every time the suspect's family farts it gets a national headline.

Last edited by Checkmite; 2nd October 2021 at 12:56 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2021, 06:53 PM   #380
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
One big missing piece I can't seem to find out about is how Brian Laundrie drove his Mustang to the reserve when it was not seen at the home and he was not seen leaving in it?

Sept 12/13- no Mustang at the house -media is there shooting footage. It is a national story already.
Sept 14 - Claim that Brian drove the Mustang to hike in the preserve.
Sept 15 -his parents go look for him and see the car with tow notice. Story is that they left it there a day to see if he would return but... Mustang is seen on driveway later that afternoon on news footage.
Sept 17 Laundries report their son missing but refuse to say anything about Gabby.

The only way he could have been in that home is if the car was parked somewhere else and he snuck 'out the back' on foot to get to it. So where was he really?

According to the known facts, he has never been physically seen by law enforcement and the latest unofficial sightings are from a neighbor who saw them walking, biking, and loading the camper on the 6th. There might be footage from the de Soto campsite, which the FBI has. And that's it.

He could have had a 9-12 day head start on getting out of dodge before anyone went looking for him.
The story by the parents is that he took the car 9/14 to go hiking at the reserve. He didn't come home so they went there to check and saw the car but not him. They decided to leave the car in case he needed it to get home (they live about 5 miles away). They went back the next day and found a ticket on the car to move it or it would be towed, so they drove it home.

That does not match the known facts. It may be possible that they are one day off, either initially or by mistake. News agencies have released a copy of an "abandoned vehicle" notice issued where the car was parked on 9/14 at 2:42 PM. It has been reported that park rules are that cars cannot be left for more than 24 hours. That would mean that the car was there at least by 9/13. It is on video in the driveway the night of 9/15. Local report Brian Entin says he was there the morning of 9/15 and saw the car in the driveway.

Gabby father called for a "public service" incident on 9/10 asking police to check with the Laundries about Gabby. They told police to talk to their lawyer. Gabby was reported as a missing person 9/11. Police responded to the Laundrie house twice on 9/11, and on e one of those occasions seized Gabby's van.

Police initially said they had seen Brian but not talked to him, but later said they did not physically see him when they got the van 9/11. They may have seen him at another time. Or the police may have meant that they knew he was back in North Port because had "seen" the van on the license plate scanner.

There have been witnesses who said they saw Brian on 9/10 or 9/11 but nothing verified.

Their attorney has confirmed that they had reservations at De Soto 9/1 to 9/3 but cancelled those, but did go camping there 9/6 to 9/8. The family in the next-door campground at that time released a photo taken 9/6 that appears to show Brian in the background.

Their attorney has said that Brian talked with his sister at her home on 9/1 and that she was at the campground 9/6-9/7. I expect this was a means to tell her something happened between Brian and Gabby and they want to keep her out of it but their lawyer has advised them to not talk to Gabby's family or the police.

I doubt Brian went on the run at that point. We don't know what he told his parents or even his lawyer, but I think his plan was to simply hope the whole thing blows over. That might have worked if this hadn't become a big story in the news and social media. It would be known they were in the area of Grand Teton or Yellowstone, but her body was out in the middle of nowhere in a huge park. Without all the tips from the media coverage, they may have never found the body or if they found any remains they may not have been able to conclude that it was homicide. This would just be yet another missing person case.

My guess is that Brian decided to go on the run once the story hit the news. Probably on 9/13. That's when the story started getting big. He probably realized that with the media attention she was going to be found and he would be in trouble and decided to flee.

Brian's parents didn't report him missing until 9/17. That means he had at least 4 days head start.
Old 3rd October 2021, 06:11 PM   #381
webfusion
Philosopher

I was sitting at a red light here in Baltimore. A black Mustang pulls up alongside, the driver looks exactly like Brian Laundrie. I roll my window down, shout at the guy --- "Hey, you look just like Brian Laundrie!" He laughs, pulls off his sunglasses, says "look at my eyes, am I him?" and drives away as the light turns.

Meanwhile, the real Brian Laundrie is in Tennessee on the Appalachian Trail, according to some reports (quoting Dennis Davis), and Dog the Bounty Hunter is in hot pursuit.
webfusion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:07 PM   #382
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
I doubt Brian went on the run at that point. We don't know what he told his parents or even his lawyer, but I think his plan was to simply hope the whole thing blows over. That might have worked if this hadn't become a big story in the news and social media. It would be known they were in the area of Grand Teton or Yellowstone, but her body was out in the middle of nowhere in a huge park. Without all the tips from the media coverage, they may have never found the body or if they found any remains they may not have been able to conclude that it was homicide. This would just be yet another missing person case.
Subject for speculation: If her body had not been found -- largely as the result of massive media attention -- and Laundrie and his family had continued to keep their mouths shut, would he have gotten away with it? I don't see how he could have been prosecuted for anything.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:09 PM   #383
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Subject for speculation: If her body had not been found -- largely as the result of massive media attention -- and Laundrie and his family had continued to keep their mouths shut, would he have gotten away with it? I don't see how he could have been prosecuted for anything.
In that case, a conviction would be extremely unlikely. No body, no crime. That is not always the case. If there is video or other physical evidence, there can easily be a conviction without a body. There have been murder convictions of a missing person in other circumstances without a body, but it makes it very difficult.

In this case, if they said nothing and the body was not found, a conviction would be very difficult. Prosecution would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed her. But they wouldn't even be able to prove whether she was dead or alive, let alone that she was murdered, and even further that he had murdered her. Nobody knows what happened, the prosecution doesn't know what happened, the jury doesn't know what happened. That is far away from even reasonable doubt.

There would be some circumstantial evidence. But in this case and that scenario, a decent lawyer could easily get an acquittal or at least a hung jury. It probably wouldn't even go to trial.
Old 5th October 2021, 08:02 AM   #384
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

I don't understand Brian Laundrie's parents at all. If I believed my son was innocent; being targeted by the police/FBI as the "obvious suspect", I would be doing everything I could to make sure he would be found quickly and safely. His parents have done nothing.
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 08:22 AM   #385
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
I don't understand Brian Laundrie's parents at all. If I believed my son was innocent; being targeted by the police/FBI as the "obvious suspect", I would be doing everything I could to make sure he would be found quickly and safely. His parents have done nothing.
I'm willing to consider the possibility that both Brian and his parents are scumbags.
Old 5th October 2021, 08:31 AM   #386
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

I'm willing to consider the possibility that both Brian and his parents are scumbags.
Me too, but I still don't understand it.
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 08:51 AM   #387
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

I think they, and, of course, Brian himself, were scumbags for not getting Brian to help the Gabby's family and police find Gabby. But right now they may not have much help to give.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 10:58 AM   #388
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Their behavior indicates pretty clearly that the 'rents believe their boy either is or could be guilty of murder. Their lawyer has made brief statements, but they have never made a statement themselves, let alone held a press conference or submitted to interviews, to claim that he's falsely accused.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 10:07 PM   #389
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
The story by the parents is that he took the car 9/14 to go hiking at the reserve. He didn't come home so they went there to check and saw the car but not him. They decided to leave the car in case he needed it to get home (they live about 5 miles away). They went back the next day and found a ticket on the car to move it or it would be towed, so they drove it home.

That does not match the known facts. It may be possible that they are one day off, either initially or by mistake. News agencies have released a copy of an "abandoned vehicle" notice issued where the car was parked on 9/14 at 2:42 PM. It has been reported that park rules are that cars cannot be left for more than 24 hours. That would mean that the car was there at least by 9/13. It is on video in the driveway the night of 9/15. Local report Brian Entin says he was there the morning of 9/15 and saw the car in the driveway.
Their lawyer now says the parents say they were mistaken on the dates and that they now believe that he disappeared on 9/13.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:22 AM   #390
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Me too, but I still don't understand it.
I think "because his parents are also scumbags" would be pretty understandable, as an explanation.

For example: His parents realize he's done something bad. They sympathize with his desire to hide out and avoid scrutiny and repercussions. And because they're also scumbags, they're helping him hide out instead of insisting he come forward, and turning him in if he doesn't.

What's not to understand about the scumbag parents scenario?
Old 6th October 2021, 09:28 AM   #391
plague311
Great minds think...

What's not to understand about the scumbag parents scenario?
To quote Archer:

"Well obviously the core concept, Lana"

In all seriousness though, while I don't agree with what the parents are doing, I completely understand it (if that's the case). I wouldn't do it myself. I'm not Dexter's father, but I'm not all that shocked if that's what is taking place.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 09:45 AM   #392
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
To quote Archer:

"Well obviously the core concept, Lana"

In all seriousness though, while I don't agree with what the parents are doing, I completely understand it (if that's the case). I wouldn't do it myself. I'm not Dexter's father, but I'm not all that shocked if that's what is taking place.
I wonder if it's safe to say he's in the
Danger Zone

I'd like to think I'd do the right thing if my kid were in that situation, but I sure hope I'm never put to the test.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:57 AM   #393
figarot
Muse

I'm surprised he hasn't been caught. Initially thought the search would've been over a week ago with him sitting in custody refusing to say a word by now.
figarot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 10:11 AM   #394
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by figarot View Post
I'm surprised he hasn't been caught. Initially thought the search would've been over a week ago with him sitting in custody refusing to say a word by now.

But he's everywhere.
Quote:
Authorities have investigated multiple reported sightings in North Carolina of Brian Laundrie, the missing Florida man wanted for questioning in the disappearance of Gabby Petito, his fiancée whose death was ruled a homicide.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cials-n1280871
Old 6th October 2021, 10:35 AM   #395
plague311
Great minds think...

I think he's alligator **** myself.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 10:56 AM   #396
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Everywhere within a specific corner of western North Carolina, at least.
Old 6th October 2021, 11:23 AM   #397
figarot
Muse

I don't believe he's dead. I think he's on the run and may well have only gone to the swamp as a ruse to throw off all those who would be searching for him, and have headed somewhere else possibly before the search for him even began.

Yet his slightness had me feeling he would not be able to evade capture this long. Wrong again.
figarot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:24 PM   #398
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

What do you think the hillbillies in Deliverance were all about? Living on the rough. Seminoles survive the swamp. Do we know anything about his frontiersmanship skills?
Old 6th October 2021, 12:25 PM   #399
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Do we know anything about his frontiersmanship skills?
FWIW His sister says they aren't good.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:31 PM   #400
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

No final on the autopsy released yet, but "cause of death is very unusual". Per FOX.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events