IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:44 PM   #1
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Look Out -- Comet on its Way

After 3.5 million-year hiatus, the largest comet ever discovered is headed our way

https://www.space.com/bernardinelli-...-approach-2031

Well not exactly. Not to worry after all:

Quote:
For starters, the enormous rock poses no threat to Earth.
Old 4th October 2021, 08:03 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I'll catch it next time
Old 4th October 2021, 01:02 PM   #3
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
After 3.5 million-year hiatus, the largest comet ever discovered is headed our way

https://www.space.com/bernardinelli-...-approach-2031

Well not exactly. Not to worry after all:
I hope that this comet gets called the "Donald J. Trump Comet" because having Donald J. Trump drop in for a visit every 3,500,000 years would be quite acceptable for all concerned.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 01:54 PM   #4
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Nah, still too often.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:29 AM   #5
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Too bad it's going to miss. A hit could cure coronavirus once and for all.
Old 5th October 2021, 06:44 AM   #6
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
I hope that this comet gets called the "Donald J. Trump Comet" because having Donald J. Trump drop in for a visit every 3,500,000 years would be quite acceptable for all concerned.
Well, if it's in danger of hitting, rednecks could just shoot it out of the sky.

That's not political snark, it's a joke based on truth. When I traveled to see the total eclipse of the Sun, one guy a few cars away was showing off his super-powerful flashlight that day, saying when the eclipse happened he was going to shine it on the Moon when it got dark and freak everybody out. It was probably the same guy that turned his car headlights on at the climactic moment, prompting lots of yelling at him. Yes, some people really are that stupid.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology