IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th October 2021, 01:54 PM   #161
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Probably because you don't actually want to?
Care to take a stab at it?

Quote:
Even if you can't, what does that mean?
It means that my bet would be on it being drug money.

Quote:
There's still no evidence at all that Owensby has done anything wrong.
I don't know if I'd state it that strongly. But I agree that there isn't even close to enough to try and charge him with drug dealing.
Old 12th October 2021, 01:55 PM   #162
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Where is the evidence this was a racially motivated event?
No, it's probably not racially motivated. It wouldn't be impossible, but according to CNN:

Like I said, not impossible, but improbable.
Glad I could help. If you need to learn how to read I'm sure there's a community college near you.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 01:57 PM   #163
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
It might have been, if the passenger side cop looked down and saw it.
If my grandma had wheels she'd be a bicycle.

It was that same cop who then hustled over to the drivers side and ripped him out. Not known, of course, but plausible? I think so.
Anything is plausible to you if the end result is "Owensby is a drug dealer". Again, even if he saw the money, there's nothing illegal about it. Either way, it's a red herring so it doesn't matter.

No, I'm implying what I said. A sucessful dealer is more casual about an amount that large. He burns through it on the regular.
Evidence that he wasn't concerned? You're making a lot of assumption here. He could have easily had it in that bag because, to him, he thought it would be more safe than driving around with a ******* lockbox, or a bank bag, or something that would readily identify it as a bunch of money. I know, ******* CRAZY!

But seriously: we've speculated to death, and are repeating. Imma wait for something new. .
Have fun.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 01:59 PM   #164
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Care to take a stab at it?
I have. Even upon your request to validate my own story, I did. I don't have to make up fantasy stories about your pet red herring. Feed it yourself.

It means that my bet would be on it being drug money.
I don't care what your bet is because it means little to nothing without any actual evidence.

I don't know if I'd state it that strongly. But I agree that there isn't even close to enough to try and charge him with drug dealing.
Ok, what about what I said is too strong for you? Is there evidence I'm missing?

Old 12th October 2021, 02:00 PM   #165
Warp12
Master Poster

Glad I could help. If you need to learn how to read I'm sure there's a community college near you.
This whole thread is based on the idea that this event is racially motivated. Notice the thread title? Notice that the NAACP is involved? Most of the arguments you are debating stem from people pointing out this guy was shady AF, and this wasn't a racially motivated scenario.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:02 PM   #166
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Plague311. A bunch of us here think the evidence points to and is consistent with dealing. Could you run down your version all at once, accounting for the known facts and claims, in a plausible manner? All together now, starting from the bag and taking kids to school (he said one of his kids helped him into the car, and no one else was home). School starts at what, 8 o' clock? The stop was at 12:30. I'd like to hear your version.

"How would I know?" doesn't count. We are talking about an interpretation of the facts.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:05 PM   #167
plague311
Great minds think...

This whole thread is based on the idea that this event is racially motivated.
No, the whole title *was* based on that but if you had bothered to read, and comprehend (equal parts), you'd know that thread drift has led away from that. The conversation has shifted. Perhaps that same community college can teach you how conversations work as well!

Notice the thread title?
Yup. He, in fact, paraplegic while simultaneously being black.

Notice that the NAACP is involved?
The NAACP? Involved in a situation with an African American? I'm just as baffled as you are.

Most of the arguments you are debating stem from people pointing out this guy was shady AF, and this wasn't a racially motivated scenario.
Thank you for pointing out what I knew two pages ago. That's why I've been actively saying I don't think it's shady as there are reasonable explanations. I also pointed out that I said I don't think it's racially motivated.

Anything I can walk you through or are you pretty much up to speed now?

Old 12th October 2021, 02:10 PM   #168
Warp12
Master Poster

Quote:
Foward told CNN's Erin Burnett on Monday they are not calling the incident a case of racial profiling because the officer that pulled Owensby out of the car was Black.
This is exactly the problem. We must automatically assume that if the officer were white, it would be a case of racial profiling, right? Transparently pathetic.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:10 PM   #169
plague311
Great minds think...

Plague311. A bunch of us here think the evidence points to and is consistent with dealing.
Great. Congratulations on having a popular opinion.

Could you run down your version all at once, accounting for the known facts and claims, in a plausible manner?
Sure. A paraplegic got pulled over for having window tint that caused him to get drug out of his car so the police could use a known ******** tactic to search his car based on extremely flimsy evidence because they were overly confident. Thank you for asking.

All together now, starting from the bag and taking kids to school (he said one of his kids helped him into the car, and no one else was home). School starts at what, 8 o' clock? The stop was at 12:30. I'd like to hear your version.
Did he say he was in the car the whole time? How old are the kids? How much help does he need to get into and out of the car from his chair? What about that is shady?

"How would I know?" doesn't count. We are talking about an interpretation of the facts.
I...don't care. I don't need to form a fantasy story. My opinion has, and will continue to be, that he wasn't treated properly by the police. That they had no reason or evidence to treat him the way they did.

I have no want or desire to create a scenario that makes him innocent because I don't have to. He is innocent, sans the two tickets he got, and that's the facts. That's evident by the fact he isn't being charged with anything else.

Last edited by plague311; 12th October 2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:10 PM   #170
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

I’m fascinated that so many people in this thread find driving around with $22k in a car to be non-suspicious. I haven’t paid for anything with cash in well over a year. I just don’t buy the argument “he might be out buying something” as the world is hurtling towards a cashless near future.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:12 PM   #171
plague311
Great minds think...

This is exactly the problem. We must automatically assume that if the officer were white, it would be a case of racial profiling. Transparently pathetic.
No, it's not the problem. I mean, other than to you apparently.

If the cop were white it would mean that accusations of racial profiling wouldn't be as easily dismissed. You're bouncing all over now though, just looking for something to bitch about because your previous posts were so off the mark Helen Keller could have seen it.

Old 12th October 2021, 02:13 PM   #172
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I’m fascinated that so many people in this thread find driving around with $22k in a car to be non-suspicious. I haven’t paid for anything with cash in well over a year. I just don’t buy the argument “he might be out buying something” as the world is hurtling towards a cashless near future.
I'm fascinated by several things, including that driving around with cash is enough to claim a man's a drug dealer. Looks like we're both having fascinating days, eh? Lets ride it out together.

Old 12th October 2021, 02:15 PM   #173
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Plague311. A bunch of us here think the evidence points to and is consistent with dealing. Could you run down your version all at once, accounting for the known facts and claims, in a plausible manner? All together now, starting from the bag and taking kids to school (he said one of his kids helped him into the car, and no one else was home). School starts at what, 8 o' clock? The stop was at 12:30. I'd like to hear your version.

The cops blew it. That’s my run down. This will cost the police employee time and maybe even attorneys fees. They may even write him a check. If they had treated the man as a citizen instead of a suspect they probably would have saved a bunch of that money and still given him a ticket for the child seat violation.And they blew the fact that they were watching a suspected drug house for no good reason.

Bad cops cost their communities more than good cops. And they solve more crimes. Don’t protect the bad cops in your community, they are wasting your money.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:18 PM   #174
Warp12
Master Poster

No, it's not the problem. I mean, other than to you apparently.

If the cop were white it would mean that accusations of racial profiling wouldn't be as easily dismissed. You're bouncing all over now though, just looking for something to bitch about because your previous posts were so off the mark Helen Keller could have seen it.
You referenced the CNN quote, just a few posts back, lol.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:19 PM   #175
plague311
Great minds think...

You referenced the CNN quote, just a few posts back, lol.
You don't have to tell me, I was there.

Old 12th October 2021, 02:19 PM   #176
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I'm fascinated by several things, including that driving around with cash is enough to claim a man's a drug dealer. Looks like we're both having fascinating days, eh? Lets ride it out together.
I’m fascinated that he was driving an Audi. VW reliability at Lexus prices. A felon should be able to tell when he’s being robbed better than that.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:19 PM   #177
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

I agree. I know CA is an outlier, but we're even starting to have 'cashless' businesses here. For example, cafes that do not deal with cash and only accept credit/debit cards or electronic payments like Square and the like.

I probably use paper money once a month at most. But there are certain specific scenarios where cash is a far superior means of exchange. Just ask Walter White from Breaking Bad.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:21 PM   #178
plague311
Great minds think...

I agree. I know CA is an outlier, but we're even starting to have 'cashless' businesses here. For example, cafes that do not deal with cash and only accept credit/debit cards or electronic payments like Square and the like.

I probably use paper money once a month at most. But there are certain specific scenarios where cash is a far superior means of exchange. Just ask Walter White from Breaking Bad.
Check this out, we don't even take credit cards at all. We have no means to do it. Everything we do is by check, wire transfer, or straight up dolla dolla bills y'all. We get paid with paper checks, my boss refuses to do anything web related with finances.

It's almost like not every place, business, and person in the world operates the same way. Fascinating.

Old 12th October 2021, 02:21 PM   #179
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

I'm fascinated by several things, including that driving around with cash is enough to claim a man's a drug dealer.
That, and the prior felony drug charges. And, it's not like he was just driving around with cash, he was driving around with $22K. That's like the average annual take home pay in Ohio where he was stopped.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:23 PM   #180
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I’m fascinated that he was driving an Audi. VW reliability at Lexus prices. A felon should be able to tell when he’s being robbed better than that.
Its Tony Starks fault. Best money a car manufacturer ever spent in product placement. Went from being a suburban mom's Volvo alternative to Pussy Wagon in one Marvel film.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:23 PM   #181
plague311
Great minds think...

That, and the prior felony drug charges.
Yup, like I said. Once a criminal, always a criminal. No one can change. Very open minded of you.

And, it's not like he was just driving around with cash, he was driving around with $22K. That's like the average annual take home pay in Ohio where he was stopped.
Frogs can't swallow with their eyes open.

I'm not sure if we were just throwing out useless facts, but that's mine.

Old 12th October 2021, 04:21 PM   #182
mgidm86
Philosopher

I used to drive with at least $10K routinely. My brother owned a nightclub and we had to get cash in and out of the club.

Every day. Non-suspicious. Legal. So much for that argument.

And again, he was not arrested or charged with having cash or any drug related crime. War On Drugs excuses all police behavior?

How does any of this excuse the cops dragging a parapalegic man out of a car and injuring him when they could have called for assistance? Or dragging out a non-parapalegic man for that matter?

I don't want my neighborhood cops behaving this way. It could have been me with my beat up truck carrying $10k in cash.

Don't people want the police to treat people better? It could be your kid next time. Or you.
Old 12th October 2021, 05:49 PM   #183
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

How do we know he was actually paralyzed? I've driven cars with hand controls.

How big was the kid? Any doubt he needed a safety seat?
Old 13th October 2021, 01:02 AM   #184
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
I used to drive with at least $10K routinely. My brother owned a nightclub and we had to get cash in and out of the club.

Every day. Non-suspicious. Legal. So much for that argument.
How long ago was that?

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 06:38 AM   #185
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Just having a little fun, now.

I was curious what Clifford Owensby, Real Estate Tycoon's portfolio looked like. Seems he owns one property, according to the Montgomery County Auditor.

https://www.mcrealestate.org/search/...spx?mode=OWNER

The address is 330 Middle St in Dayton. Just around the corner is Grant street, where the stop took place. Ladies and gentlemen, we present "The Drug House":

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!4d-84.2093729

We performed an exhaustive investigation lasting all of, oh, 4 minutes or so during our morning constitutional. Seems it is set back from the road with no ramp and 5 concrete steps raising up from street level. Awkward for Clifford's chair, I'd imagine. Property records are all over the place, as are recent occupants at that address, some of whom had like a dozen aliases. Built in 1990, with assesment around $15,000 and value between $47K and $68K. Really odd was Zillow's history, who said the place sold for $10,156 in 2001, $30,000 in 2008...and then a whopping $423,000 in 2012.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/330-Mid...35095184_zpid/

ETA: auditor page won't hold results, so here's a screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 09-39-48 Montgomery County.jpg (16.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Thermal; 13th October 2021 at 06:42 AM.
Old 13th October 2021, 07:30 AM   #186
plague311
Great minds think...

Just having a little fun, now.
You have a weird definition of fun, but I'm game.

I was curious what Clifford Owensby, Real Estate Tycoon's portfolio looked like. Seems he owns one property, according to the Montgomery County Auditor.
Ah yes, mocking him, giving him stupid, derogatory pet names. Very Trump of you. I like it. Extremely classy.

The address is 330 Middle St in Dayton. Just around the corner is Grant street, where the stop took place. Ladies and gentlemen, we present "The Drug House":
We present "Thermal's ******** claims without evidence!" Strange that it's still a drug house despite the police surveilling it and finding *checks notes* nothing. Nothing at all. Batman, you are not.

We performed an exhaustive investigation lasting all of, oh, 4 minutes or so during our morning constitutional. Seems it is set back from the road with no ramp and 5 concrete steps raising up from street level. Awkward for Clifford's chair, I'd imagine.
I'm not sure why this has to be said to you repeatedly, or why you don't understand it, but HE DIDN'T ******* LIVE THERE. What about that is confusing you? Is it just willful ignorance? Is this need to paint Owensby in the worst possible light some form of release for you?

Property records are all over the place, as are recent occupants at that address, some of whom had like a dozen aliases. Built in 1990, with assesment around $15,000 and value between $47K and $68K. Really odd was Zillow's history, who said the place sold for $10,156 in 2001, $30,000 in 2008...and then a whopping $423,000 in 2012.
Ok, I'll add this to the "useless information" pile. It's getting pretty full, but you guys seem to love adding to it.

Check this out, my house was sold for $120k in 2008, then the people that bought it renovated it and we bought it for over double that. I'm sure you have something in mind to make this look like Owensby is a drug dealer.

ETA: auditor page won't hold results, so here's a screenshot:
Great work, Bruce Wayne.

Old 13th October 2021, 07:35 AM   #187
plague311
Great minds think...

How long ago was that?
People who grow weed in states that have it legalized carry tens of thousands of dollars on them all of the time. You can't pay federal taxes using other methods due to weed not being federally legal. So they have to pay their taxes in cash. That happens today, right now, current age. Does it have anything to do with Owensby? No, but neither does treating him like a criminal for doing something legal, either, yet here we are.

Old 13th October 2021, 07:37 AM   #188
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

If that's his residence (did anyone claim it was?) there could be ramps added recently. Google street view and Zillow photos often aren't up to date.

The 2012 sales price is nonsensical, even by 2021 real estate prices. Zillow thinks its mortgage is $220,000 underwater. But I'd bet it's fully paid off, with plastic shopping bags of cash.
Old 13th October 2021, 07:42 AM   #189
Warp12
Master Poster

My hunch is, he got crippled during a drug deal gone south. So that is when he decided to switch to real estate. The shooting happened in front of a bank, hence he has PTSD. This explains why he carries his life savings in cash at all times. He probably went to the drug house to pick up a cable box, and to ensure that no unlawful shenanigans were going on.

It's all starting to make sense.
Old 13th October 2021, 07:46 AM   #190
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
If that's his residence (did anyone claim it was?) there could be ramps added recently. Google street view and Zillow photos often aren't up to date.

The 2012 sales price is nonsensical, even by 2021 real estate prices. Zillow thinks its mortgage is $220,000 underwater. But I'd bet it's fully paid off, with plastic shopping bags of cash.
He doesn't live there, he just stops by occasionally to pick up $20k in rent.
Old 13th October 2021, 08:02 AM   #191
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of when he bought it, ans whether it would have been for himself or a rental. He has seven kids, and no partner, if I'm reading his info correctly, and this is a three bed ranch. So this house would have been bought as a rental, presumably. It would seem to be a money maker based on reported rentals in that area ($1200/mo for a 3 bed 2 bath with air, like this one). I was also trying to figure out if he bought it pre or post conviction.

Quote:
Yeah, I wondered how Zillow could be that far off. Been pretty reliable for me in the past, but that's just delusional.

Old 13th October 2021, 08:03 AM   #192
plague311
Great minds think...

He doesn't live there, he just stops by occasionally to pick up $20k in rent.
Did he pick up the cash from the residence? Do you have a link for that? I hadn't read that before, but if you have something that seals that deal I'd love to read it.

Old 13th October 2021, 10:19 AM   #193
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

You have a weird definition of fun, but I'm game.
It's a game called Swordfish. You have to solve something in 60 seconds. In this case, it was "find the house that the police haven't identified". I get that you wouldn't find a casual challenge like that interesting, though.

Quote:
Ah yes, mocking him, giving him stupid, derogatory pet names. Very Trump of you. I like it. Extremely classy.
Hahaha. No, it's not mocking him. It's mocking those who think "owns a property" proves that he "is a landlord". While it may perfectly well turn out to be true, it's unevidenced now and hence one dumbass conclusion.

For instance, I once owned six properties. Was I a landlord?

*hint: 4 were unbuildable "junk" lots, used for density transfer. One was a house my wife and I bought, and the last was our house on the market to be sold*

Quote:
We present "Thermal's ******** claims without evidence!" Strange that it's still a drug house despite the police surveilling it and finding *checks notes* nothing. Nothing at all. Batman, you are not.
"The Drug House" was in scare quotes for a reason, ducky.

And what is your evidence that the police found "nothing"? How do you know, for instance, that they don't have abundant evidence of dealing, but we're letting the small fish go to get the big fish, which got away, instead? I look forward to your evidence that they found nothing, as opposed to dropping the investigation due to this new publicity.

Quote:
I'm not sure why this has to be said to you repeatedly, or why you don't understand it, but HE DIDN'T ******* LIVE THERE. What about that is confusing you? Is it just willful ignorance? Is this need to paint Owensby in the worst possible light some form of release for you?
Sigh.

I'm looking for evidence of whether he actually lived here, or if this was an investment property, or an inheritance, or what. If there was a ramp, he may have lived there till his family outgrew the 3 bed.

Cutting through your snitty BS and getting to the chase:

The police say the house was under surveillance for being a suspected drug house. Absolutely no evidence is shown as to why they think that. I'm wondering if it is possible that the only reason they think it's a drug house is...drum roll drum roll drum roll...because Owensby is the owner? Like, he used to do business there, so they continue to hawk it. That puts the police in a far worse light, IMO. When Owensby acquired it and more importantly, who else has lived there recently, if anyone, could throw some light on that.

Old 13th October 2021, 10:25 AM   #194
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Those house prices make me think money laundering. $500k in illicit cash? Buy your own house under an alias, pay income tax on the $423k, have $350 of clean money? And enough seed cash for the next batch of 'seed'.
Old 13th October 2021, 10:33 AM   #195
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Your laundering rules must be weak as hell in America.

In NZ, if you have more than $1000 in cash for any type of transaction you'll need to provide ID, a blood sample* and an explanation of where it came from. Even if you bet more than a grand you'll need to have at least some story of where it came from, and all transactions are reported.

*Kidding on the blood sample only.
Old 13th October 2021, 10:37 AM   #196
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
Those house prices make me think money laundering. $500k in illicit cash? Buy your own house under an alias, pay income tax on the $423k, have $350 of clean money? And enough seed cash for the next batch of 'seed'.
There may be some slick way around the details in Ohio, but I don't think that would work in Jersey. Wet ink signatures are required and have to be witnessed, and legit ID from the buyer to legally transfer title/deed.

Old 13th October 2021, 11:03 AM   #197
plague311
Great minds think...

Hahaha. No, it's not mocking him. It's mocking those who think "owns a property" proves that he "is a landlord". While it may perfectly well turn out to be true, it's unevidenced now and hence one dumbass conclusion.
You've done nothing but make unevidenced claims. All of them, all of your claims are unevidenced. In fact, there's evidence to the opposite in some cases.

As far as "is a landlord", it has as much evidence to it (in that he owns a property) than your claims that he's a drug lord does, but that hasn't stopped you at all.

For instance, I once owned six properties. Was I a landlord?

*hint: 4 were unbuildable "junk" lots, used for density transfer. One was a house my wife and I bought, and the last was our house on the market to be sold*
I don't care.

And what is your evidence that the police found "nothing"? How do you know, for instance, that they don't have abundant evidence of dealing, but we're letting the small fish go to get the big fish, which got away, instead?
So when the big fish got away they decided the best option was to not even bother with the small fish? LoL. Is that how investigations work in your neck of the woods?

"Well, the big fish got away, so **** it. Shut it down guys, lets go bowling."

That's awesome. It's amazing how inept you make these cops, while also taking their word for it that this is a drug house.

I look forward to your evidence that they found nothing, as opposed to dropping the investigation due to this new publicity.
I don't prove negatives. That's not how the world works. The evidence they found nothing is that no one has been charged with anything, anywhere (sans the two violations for Owensby). You're making the positive claim (that they just dropped the investigation because there's no big fish). YOU prove it, ducky.

I'm looking for evidence of whether he actually lived here, or if this was an investment property, or an inheritance, or what.
To what end? As in, why? If it's another thought exercise, great. I can't imagine what difference it would make, but I guess it would be...something.

Cutting through your snitty BS and getting to the chase:

The police say the house was under surveillance for being a suspected drug house. Absolutely no evidence is shown as to why they think that. I'm wondering if it is possible that the only reason they think it's a drug house is...drum roll drum roll drum roll...because Owensby is the owner? Like, he used to do business there, so they continue to hawk it. That puts the police in a far worse light, IMO. When Owensby acquired it and more importantly, who else has lived there recently, if anyone, could throw some light on that.
Yeah, you're right, that seems like more inept work from the police. It takes nothing more than who owns the house to surveil it? No wonder they didn't find anything.

Last edited by plague311; 13th October 2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old 13th October 2021, 12:06 PM   #198
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

I'm just disappointed that the money wasn't from collecting rent from his real estate empire, like Bob suggested. After all, it was the 29th of the month.

I'm still hoping the other theory proves true, that he was carrying the money on his way to buy one those pricey flying wheelchairs.
I have a client who's a quadriplegic. His chair cost $40K.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 12:10 PM   #199
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
I have a client who's a quadriplegic. His chair cost $40K.
This dude isn't a quad, bro. The mind control option costs extra. A lot extra. Like tens of thousands extra, apparently.

Last edited by Warp12; 13th October 2021 at 12:14 PM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 12:19 PM   #200
Warp12
Master Poster

Did we ever dig up any evidence that racism was involved here? Just trying to understand the significance of these "while black" threads.

Last edited by Warp12; 13th October 2021 at 12:20 PM.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events