IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th March 2021, 06:38 AM   #321
dirtywick
Illuminator

OG ****, she cancelled dr. seuss before it was cool
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 08:40 AM   #322
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Here's Tucker Carlson on the White Power Hour claiming that "they" cancelled Dr. Seuss, because "the left" is offended by the meritocracy that the US had in the middle of the last century. Y'know, back when Dr. King stood at the Lincoln Memorial and said in his famous speech "Whew, I'm sure glad all that Jim Crow nonsense is over with, and we're all being judged by the content of their character, and also Reagan will never be president! ...Donald who now?"

On a serious note, Michael Harriott discusses the lengths his mother went to in order to assure that he and his sisters saw themselves and other black people as fully human, rather that crude caricatures. Dr. Seuss' works are discussed, as one among many.
We should send Tucker Carlson to the moon and leave him there.
Old 8th March 2021, 09:54 AM   #323
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Butter! View Post
We should send Tucker Carlson to the moon and leave him there.
I tried watching Carlson videos once or twice. They're not nearly as witty or insightful or "owning" as his fans seem to think they are. Honestly I think Mumbles probably watches way more Tucker Carlson than I do. Pretty much everything I know about his antics I get secondhand, from haters posting about him on this forum.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 12:03 PM   #324
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I tried watching Carlson videos once or twice. They're not nearly as witty or insightful or "owning" as his fans seem to think they are. Honestly I think Mumbles probably watches way more Tucker Carlson than I do. Pretty much everything I know about his antics I get secondhand, from haters posting about him on this forum.
He's a huge voice in the conservative circle. They've bragged about his ratings for years on Fox. There shouldn't be anything surprising about criticizing a voice many people listen to, should there?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 02:00 PM   #325
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Needs more racist caricatures.
Even Myriad is not that much of a kiss up.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 04:59 PM   #326
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Of all the Fox correspondents lampooned by Colbert and Myers, Carlson annoys me the most. He's like sand in your speedos.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events