ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #1561
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

I believe that, in the moderate papers, the Biden story has died. I didn't see it on any of my aggregate web feeds; including Fox news ones.
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #1562
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Put this thread in the How Cultist Did It Get In The Bubble? time capsule.

Last edited by varwoche; Today at 05:45 AM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #1563
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
A key difference being, Steele framed his intel as raw and unverified.
And that Steele is a respected expert on Russia's intelligence services.
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:16 AM   #1564
llwyd
Muse

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
I believe that, in the moderate papers, the Biden story has died. I didn't see it on any of my aggregate web feeds; including Fox news ones.
Yeah, no traction whatsoever and it's getting to be too late. I think this was the silver bullet but it didn't have the propulsion to even exit the barrel
llwyd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #1565
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
His answer about "not standard procedure" was actually in reference to - did he reach out to *Joe Biden* or anyone who knew the Bidens. He follows up that up saying is standard procedure to contact the person who left the laptop.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #1566
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
And that Steele is a respected expert on Russia's intelligence services.
...who had spent decades building up the contacts that he relied on for the report.
Old Today, 10:09 AM   #1567
crescent
Illuminator

This October surprise was no surprise. The Dems fully expected the Republicans to try something like this and were ready to tear into it.

Such tactics don't work as well as they used to, which is good. Hopefully the political impact of conspiracism fake news and dirty tricks is waning, for a while at least.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #1568
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

One thing that came out of the Trump admin is that Rudy G's reputation has been totally shredded and it was completely self-inflicted. I've seldom seen anyone self-destruct so spectacularly when drugs and/or alcohol weren't involved.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #1569
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
One thing that came out of the Trump admin is that Rudy G's reputation has been totally shredded and it was completely self-inflicted. I've seldom seen anyone self-destruct so spectacularly when drugs and/or alcohol weren't involved.
But at least his shirt is tucked in!
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #1570
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You sure about that?
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #1571
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Nothing that Christopher Steele offered had this level of stink on it.
Well, there's that, the fact that it wasn't meant for press release, the fact that the feds were already looking into the same allegations at the time they learned of his work through seperate sources, that a good portion was correct as far as we can tell, that Steele himself wasn't an oafish spotlight chaser like Guiliani (who, let's not forget, has repeatedly managed to shoot Dolt 45 in the foot while doing so)...
Mumbles is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics