IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Allais Effect , Dark Flow , relativity , Theory of Relativity

Closed Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 01:39 PM   #41
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

I was looking up resources that might be of use to the folks in this thread and I found something I think Bjarne can tackle AND possibly use it to test his theories. It's simple instructions for a rig to, well, I'll let the text speak for itself:

Testing the Speed-of-Light Conspiracy

Quote:

There are a number of ways to measure the speed of light. If you’ve got an oscilloscope and a few spare parts, you can build your own apparatus for just a few bucks. Don’t believe the “lies” that “they” tell you: measure it yourself!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 02:51 PM   #42
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

I like the one where you measure the speed of light with chocolate and a microwave
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:46 AM   #43
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
And as I wrote, the IIS and Galileo time dilation anomalies, will force you to think different.. It's only the starting Gun.. A new paradigm is coming sooner as you think
Nope!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:47 AM   #44
fuelair
Banned

Periods with inclination more or less aligned relative to DFA axis, make the orbit extreme elliptical.
Inclination periods more less perpendicular relative to DFA axis have the oppesite effect.
How fast the inclination can change, depend on 1.) speed og the object 2.) motion of the Sun and even the galaxy
But Hans this is all much to complecated for at left brain half.
So beforehand I give up to explian you further.
Really, no!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:48 AM   #45
fuelair
Banned

Time, - time ,- is the keyword here
Sedna is SLOW'
Therefore the DFA impact on Sedna is SLOW too

OK ?
Really it is not - you are wrong.
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:50 AM   #46
fuelair
Banned

I read som time ago (but forgot where) that there is also a seasonal anomaly in the data, of the Pioneer Anomaly - do someone remember...
There are some important points here
Actually, there is not even one - as has heretofor been noted to assist you in your chosen mission.........
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:52 AM   #47
fuelair
Banned

The new theory solves both these anomalies / problems too
Actually, it does not, but good, though completely wrong, try!!!!!
Old 2nd October 2016, 12:55 AM   #48
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Really? Do explain. Preferably in some detail. Don't be afraid to supply some math.

Hans
That will not happen unless at the hands of someone sharing this false assumption set but having a minimal set of math skills !!!!!
Old 2nd October 2016, 01:09 AM   #49
fuelair
Banned

I think you 7 times told me, - that if there was any science I did not understood, everybody was willing to help.
I guess you mean only the brainwashed part right ?

Not aspect where observation is conflicting with the brainwashed aspect of "science" I believe?

Real science has no brainwashing - it is real and well tested and anyone who can legitimately show otherwise will certainly find employment and acceptance in the scientific world. You tend to make your way best only by proving your abilities and knowledge.

Observation is how real science starts, followed by thorough experimentation and checks by others in the field. It also helps if you were in a graduate level program with a lead who was very well established in the field. If not, you have no chance of being /having your beliefs accepted because you lack the background and experimental experience - and the access to materials and needed expertise to assist your appropriate doctorate or two in a field related to this discussion, feel free to prove same. If not, do not expect to have your claims accepted!!!

Last edited by fuelair; 2nd October 2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 2nd October 2016, 03:49 AM   #50
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
That will not happen unless at the hands of someone sharing this false assumption set but having a minimal set of math skills !!!!!
Which, unfortunately, is a combination rather unlikely to exist.

... Or, perhaps fortunately.

Hans
Old 2nd October 2016, 10:04 AM   #51
fuelair
Banned

Toot rue!!!!!
Old 2nd November 2016, 02:41 PM   #52
Bjarne
Philosopher

New Findings Muddy Understanding Of Dark Matter

https://www.insidescience.org/news/n...earscience.com
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 02:53 PM   #53
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

"However, "if you look at high-precision measurements of the large-scale structure of the universe and how the cosmos has evolved to the present day, the entire picture of cosmology all hangs together much better with dark matter than with MOND," Loeb said. "It gives us confidence that Einstein's theory of gravity works, and that nothing unusual like MOND is needed.""

From your source
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 03:10 PM   #54
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Is this about your delusions for the Galileo satellites? No !
Is this about your delusions for the ISS experiment that you still are ignorant about? No !
Does it have anything to do with SR or GR being wrong? Not at all !

This is an "old" (5 weeks!) article about the The Radial Acceleration Relation in Rotationally Supported Galaxies paper.

Stacy McGaugh is an advocate of modified GR as an explanation for dark matter. IOW GR is right but needs a tweak to explain the observations for dark matter.

This empirical relation was a problem for 20 year old simulations of dark matter in galaxies. But what if we run a modern simulation that includes more understanding of galaxy dynamics? The first results are that galaxies + dark matter also follow this relationship: Physicists Beat Yet Another Challenge To Dark Matter's Existence
Not quite "beaten" because the simulation in La Fin du MOND? Λ CDM is Fully Consistent with SPARC Acceleration Law is for a small sample of galaxies with a much smaller range of masses.

Last edited by Reality Check; 2nd November 2016 at 03:22 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 03:48 PM   #55
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 05:27 PM   #56
RussDill
Philosopher

Oh don't worry, this thread will rise again before the end of 2017 when relativity begins to fall apart.
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2016, 04:44 AM   #57
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Oh don't worry, this thread will rise again before the end of 2017 when relativity begins to fall apart.

Is the thread a zombie or a litch?
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:43 AM   #58
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:47 AM   #59
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Is the thread a zombie or a litch?
Liche - at least that's what my Monster Manual says.
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:52 AM   #60
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
Liche - at least that's what my Monster Manual says.
Damn, and it's too late to correct the error in my post. Apparently "Lich" is also a valid spelling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lich
Old 9th November 2016, 07:33 PM   #61
MaartenVergu
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Real science has no brainwashing - it is real and well tested and anyone who can legitimately show otherwise will certainly find employment and acceptance in the scientific world. You tend to make your way best only by proving your abilities and knowledge.

Observation is how real science starts, followed by thorough experimentation and checks by others in the field. It also helps if you were in a graduate level program with a lead who was very well established in the field. If not, you have no chance of being /having your beliefs accepted because you lack the background and experimental experience - and the access to materials and needed expertise to assist your appropriate doctorate or two in a field related to this discussion, feel free to prove same. If not, do not expect to have your claims accepted!!!
Why is the validity of the arguments not enough to accept an idea?
Why do you have to be member of a (scientific) community and follow its protocols, to prove your point?

Being right has everything to do with true premisses, valid logical reasoning and therefore true conclusion.
To follow a protocol dictated by a scientific community is not a crucial criterium to have a good theory to explain the facts.

Being part of the social network, called 'the scientific community' and follow its strict procedures can limit your freedom to think a problem through on your own terms.
'Where' is the image in the mind? What 'space' is the image in your mind in? Where is the dream? Where is your inner voice? It's not the same spacetime then where the electrical and chemical pulses are in the brain, causing this image or the dream. The image you see in your mind's eye is in a completely different dimension than where the chemistry in the brain is. (Maarten Vergucht)

Last edited by MaartenVergu; 9th November 2016 at 07:45 PM.
MaartenVergu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th November 2016, 08:41 PM   #62
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Maartenn100 View Post
You did not quite understand what was written, Maartenn100.
"Real science is not brainwashing" means that real science includes teaching people how to think for themselves so that they can evaluate the arguments and evidence for themselves.

People who can show that the evidence for science is wrong "will certainly find employment and acceptance in the scientific world" because testing theories to see if they are wrong is a fundamental part of science. This is what Internet physics cranks cannot do.

There are no overall "strict procedures" for the scientific community. There are accepted standards, e.g. a paper published in a high impact, peer reviewed journal is probably valid. There are standards for writing scientific papers.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 03:20 AM   #63
Wolrab
Illuminator

I finally have the proof that relativity is falling apart. I drive quite a bit for work and sometimes I drive fast and change elevation as there are hills. On Monday November 7th, the clock in my car was fully one hour ahead of my home computer's clock. Now, I know I wasn't driving that fast. Case closed.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 08:32 AM   #64
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Old 11th November 2016, 08:48 AM   #65
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Maartenn100 View Post
Oh, but it is. The trick is proving the validity of your arguments.

Quote:
Why do you have to be member of a (scientific) community and follow its protocols, to prove your point?
You don't. However, standard protocols are recommended, because they are known to work.

Quote:
Being right has everything to do with true premises, valid logical reasoning and therefore true conclusion.
Well, you left out the most important thing: Evidence.

Hans
Old 20th November 2016, 11:51 AM   #66
crhkrebs
Muse

So what happens when the Theory of Relativity fails? Should I dig a bomb shelter and buy supplies from "mypatriotsupply.com"?

http://www.mypatriotsupply.com/Emerg...Food_s/104.htm

Not only do you get delicious pantry products but you get an unending supply of tin foil. Just the way to survive the upcoming physics collapse. I just wish Bjarne would nail down the date a bit better. Is it 2016 or 2017? The construction Forman wants to know.
crhkrebs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2016, 01:31 PM   #67
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crhkrebs View Post
So what happens when the Theory of Relativity fails? Should I dig a bomb shelter and buy supplies from "mypatriotsupply.com"?
The theory of relativity cannot fail. The phenomenon it describes have been objectively proved to exist. ... There might be a theory that explains them even better, but reality will stay ... reality. Only our understanding will change.

As for the stuff there, well ... Before you purchase a year's worth of supplies, check that your shelter's toilet capacity matches it. Otherwise you will be in ... deep ****.

Hans
Old 21st November 2016, 11:03 AM   #68
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crhkrebs View Post

http://www.mypatriotsupply.com/Emerg...Food_s/104.htm

Not only do you get delicious pantry products but you get an unending supply of tin foil. Just the way to survive the upcoming physics collapse. I just wish Bjarne would nail down the date a bit better. Is it 2016 or 2017? The construction Forman wants to know.
I would guess that within a few months, the date will move to 2018.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2016, 12:59 PM   #69
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

The one experiment that we have details about (ISS Utilization: ACES (Atomic Clock Ensemble in Space) / PHARAO) makes the thread title ignorant. ACES will launch in August 2017. There will be 6 months of calibration bringing us to February 2018. Then at least a year of data gathering - February 2019. Add a few months to write papers and the earliest we can expect results is the middle of 2019 and it may be 2010.
Old 21st November 2016, 03:26 PM   #70
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
The one experiment that we have details about (ISS Utilization: ACES (Atomic Clock Ensemble in Space) / PHARAO) makes the thread title ignorant. ACES will launch in August 2017. There will be 6 months of calibration bringing us to February 2018. Then at least a year of data gathering - February 2019. Add a few months to write papers and the earliest we can expect results is the middle of 2019 and it may be 2010.

Oh, there's a lot more than that making the thread title ignorant.
Old 22nd November 2016, 08:54 AM   #71
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Relativity and the Lovecraft connection.

H.P. Lovecraft and the phantom planet

Quote:
But what of the mystery of Vulcan, and the unexplained motion of Mercury that led to its hypothesis? Here also there is a connection to Lovecraft. In 1915, Albert Einstein introduced his relativistic theory of gravity, known as the general theory of relativity, and showed that this theory precisely predicts the anomalous behavior of Mercury as observed. It was not a new planet that was needed to explain Mercury’s motion, but a new theory of gravity. Einstein’s theory is now of fundamental importance to our understanding of the universe as a whole, the study of cosmology. As already mentioned, Lovecraft would take Einstein’s theory — which describes gravity as a curvature of space and time — and worked it into his descriptions of the nightmarish city of R’lyeh.

Old 23rd November 2016, 05:01 AM   #72
Wolrab
Illuminator

Go on and keep denying fantasy and see what will happen.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 07:04 AM   #73
wea
Critical Thinker

A new paradigm is coming sooner as you think
Has it fallen apart yet? (I don't want to miss the event)
wea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 08:09 AM   #74
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
If that timeline is accurate, then it definitely proves that time-manipulation is real.
Old 5th February 2017, 01:06 PM   #75
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Old 6th February 2017, 02:36 AM   #76
Lukraak_Sisser
Philosopher

Well, it has to be kept 'alive' for a bit, only 11 more months.

Unless of course we get a 'well it fell apart, but THEY are keeping it hidden because of reasons'
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 05:31 AM   #77
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I've just kicked the tyres and ran it around the block, seems fine to me.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 10:35 AM   #78
Beady
Philosopher

That's "tires," dammit!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 15th February 2017, 10:46 AM   #79
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
That's "tires," dammit!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yes, it can be rather exhausting.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th February 2017, 11:59 AM   #80
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Don't labour too hard, I hope you find safe harbour!
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology