IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton controversies , hillary clinton

Old 20th March 2018, 08:44 AM   #41
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Well, Ben Garrison is surely either an ******* or just a piece of **** from one!!!!
Ben Garrison is a racist piece of ****. (That's a link to a cartoon, but I won't defile the board by linking it as an image.) It's not surprising that his depiction of liberals follows the style of Nazi propaganda cartoons, but his depiction of Trump as a hunky superhero is... creepy.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 09:20 AM   #42
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
Bush the Lesser is still a thing; where is his thread?

The Shrub isn't a right wing-nut boogieman who needs to be reviled incessantly until the heat death of the universe as a distraction from everything that conservative politicians have been industriously screwing up.

So he doesn't need one.

A thread about how relieved he must be that an administration so bad that it makes even his look good might be in order, though.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 09:44 AM   #43
Marcus
Illuminator

No one can accuse Hillary of being dumb, she must know she is alienating even Democratic voters in those states she is dissing. Which makes one wonder, what is her motive? Personal satisfaction? It's the only one I can think of that fits the bill. Her remarks certainly aren't intended to help the Democratic party.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 11:07 AM   #44
applecorped
Banned

I accuse Hillary of being dumb, very dumb.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 01:20 PM   #45
Marcus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
I accuse Hillary of being dumb, very dumb.
Didn't you know? She's the smartest woman in the world.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 01:42 PM   #46
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
No one can accuse Hillary of being dumb, she must know she is alienating even Democratic voters in those states she is dissing. Which makes one wonder, what is her motive? Personal satisfaction? It's the only one I can think of that fits the bill. Her remarks certainly aren't intended to help the Democratic party.
She doesn't care if they won't vote for her again, she's not standing for anything so she can say what she likes. If people are so petty that they won't vote for a democrat that isn't her because she said something they were offended by, then well to be blunt, she's right about them.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 01:48 PM   #47
C_Felix
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
The Shrub isn't a right wing-nut boogieman who needs to be reviled incessantly until the heat death of the universe as a distraction from everything that conservative politicians have been industriously screwing up.

So he doesn't need one.

A thread about how relieved he must be that an administration so bad that it makes even his look good might be in order, though.
So, if we were casting The Good Omens, Hillary would be a shoe-in for Anathema Device?
Old 20th March 2018, 01:49 PM   #48
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
She doesn't care if they won't vote for her again, she's not standing for anything so she can say what she likes. If people are so petty that they won't vote for a democrat that isn't her because she said something they were offended by, then well to be blunt, she's right about them.
She is saying whatever she wants to salve her monstrous ego and in the process unnecessarily pissing off people who might otherwise support the ideals and people she allegedly supports.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 01:50 PM   #49
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

No one can accuse Hillary of being dumb, she must know she is alienating even Democratic voters in those states she is dissing.
Of course the assumption is that Hillary IS alienating democratic voters, for which we don't really have any proof. (There may be claims about how various Democrats are upset about her statements but I don't think they have any proof either.)

Its quite possible that her statements don't really affect voters at all. Much like how her "deplorables" comment might have been a rallying cry for the racists who already supported Trump, but its unlikely that anyone would have said "I was undecided about who to vote for, but the fact that she called a bunch of neo-nazis deplorable would be unlikely to cause a truly undecided voter to join up with the neo-nazis.
Quote:
Which makes one wonder, what is her motive? Personal satisfaction? It's the only one I can think of that fits the bill. Her remarks certainly aren't intended to help the Democratic party.
Perhaps her motivation is honesty. Ignoring realities (such as the demographics of various voter bases) is probably not a good idea for long-term political success.

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 01:53 PM   #50
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
She is saying whatever she wants to salve her monstrous ego and in the process unnecessarily pissing off people who might otherwise support the ideals and people she allegedly supports.
People keep pissing her off - maybe its her turn now.

Also, the more Clinton alienates Democrats, the easier she makes it for Sanders-fanboys to get back into the DNC fold.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 20th March 2018 at 01:54 PM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 02:00 PM   #51
Marcus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Of course the assumption is that Hillary IS alienating democratic voters, for which we don't really have any proof. (There may be claims about how various Democrats are upset about her statements but I don't think they have any proof either.)

Its quite possible that her statements don't really affect voters at all. Much like how her "deplorables" comment might have been a rallying cry for the racists who already supported Trump, but its unlikely that anyone would have said "I was undecided about who to vote for, but the fact that she called a bunch of neo-nazis deplorable would be unlikely to cause a truly undecided voter to join up with the neo-nazis.

Perhaps her motivation is honesty. Ignoring realities (such as the demographics of various voter bases) is probably not a good idea for long-term political success.
Her motivation is honesty? Let's say, for example, you meet an ugly person on the street. you say, " Wow, you sure are ugly!" Was your motivation honesty?

Honesty is not a motivation. It can be a characteristic of a person, but it's a bit of a stretch to apply that description to Hillary.
Old 20th March 2018, 02:01 PM   #52
The Big Dog

Perhaps. Or you know, not:

"So, I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward. And his whole campaign, 'Make America Great Again,' was looking backwards."

Man she just took a huge steaming Hillary dump on places where all sorts of Democrats are running for all sorts of Elected positions.

Plus 4 of the 6 fastest growing states voted for Trump, while absolute **** holes like Illinois voted for Hillary.

She is so bitter she can't help but dribble nonsense out of her gaping maw.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 02:02 PM   #53
Marcus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
What do you think her motivation was for making these comments? Surely not an overwhelming moral compulsion to be honest about everything.
Old 20th March 2018, 02:05 PM   #54
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Her motivation is honesty? Let's say, for example, you meet an ugly person on the street. you say, " Wow, you sure are ugly!" Was your motivation honesty?
Depends on the context. If a person is asked "Why can't I get a date", pointing out that they're ugly would be an honest assessment, and more valuable to them than saying "You look fine. Maybe its your clothes".

The Democrats lost the last election. Pointing out the demographics who supported her and the ones that supported Trump has some value, since it would allow the party to adjust for future elections.

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 02:12 PM   #55
The Big Dog

Depends on the context. If a person is asked "Why can't I get a date", pointing out that they're ugly would be an honest assessment, and more valuable to them than saying "You look fine. Maybe its your clothes".

The Democrats lost the last election. Pointing out the demographics who supported her and the ones that supported Trump has some value, since it would allow the party to adjust for future elections.
How about if it is naive, ignorant and actively harms the numerous actual elections that are not the one that Hillary lost?

That, you know, valuable?
Old 21st March 2018, 03:19 PM   #56
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Ben Garrison is a racist piece of ****. (That's a link to a cartoon, but I won't defile the board by linking it as an image.) It's not surprising that his depiction of liberals follows the style of Nazi propaganda cartoons, but his depiction of Trump as a hunky superhero is... creepy.
Obviously he paints him like a hunk because he wants to have sex with him!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 03:21 PM   #57
Iamafalser
Thinker

Speaking of sexism, which candidate said vote for me because I'm a man/woman?

(Hint: It wasn't the candidate with orange hair.)
Iamafalser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 04:45 PM   #58
plague311
Great minds think...

How about if it is naive, ignorant and actively harms the numerous actual elections that are not the one that Hillary lost?

That, you know, valuable?
Has it harmed elections? Seems like the Dems are on a tish of a roll at the moment. A few things have gone their way in my opinion. Some special elections, and a court decision, to name a few. Does that mean she gets credit for helping everyone one of those campaigns because of words she said around that time, if any? Does she get credit for not saying anything? Is that, you know, valuable?

We frankly don't know what effect, if any, it will have. I'm a Dem and if you wouldn't have posted this I never would have known it happened. I don't care at all about what she does or where she does it. She is a non factor in my fairly left leaning political world. I think, in lock step with your normal hyperbole, you might be blowing this out of proportion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 09:47 PM   #59
mgidm86
Philosopher

I'm actually starting to enjoy this new Hillary in a kind of twisted way. Pure comedy. I don't read any of the articles about her speeches or her stairway mishaps but I hear bits on the radio.

I think someone in this thread said that the Hillary haters are the ones keeping her alive. I'd say that is true of the news media at least [Edit: right wing mainly]. I think it's more of a human interest story now, like maybe she's losing her mind.

Why would anyone with all her cash even give a crap? The power-trip must be an addiction, and not just for her of course.

She's 70 or 71 years old - go home, enjoy your family and your life. Why subject yourself to this? My gawd wtf?

Last edited by mgidm86; 21st March 2018 at 10:01 PM. Reason: right wing mainly
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:24 AM   #60
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Damn. This thread is like a bad acid flashback.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Hillary will fade by the next election. Just like that guy who ran against Bush
back in the 2004 . Or the guy that ran against Clinton back in 1996. Hillary is
a lot like that guy, a controversial figure popular with Republicans, but now,
forgotten.

We ought to discuss the latest democratic ticket for 2020, Oprah/Warren ticket.

Hm.

What celebrities do the Democratic party have to run against Trump/Pence?

Musk/Zubrin.

No.

Cosby/Reubens.

No.

Hm.

I'll have to think about that one.

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
Don't ask what happened to Schrodinger's dog.
Solitaire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2018, 08:37 PM   #61
Toontown
Philosopher

Seriously the best thing that could happen right now is if the entire Clinton Family takes a long long vacation.
[/url]
Wrong. The best thing that could happen right now is if the entire Trump Family takes a permanent vacation.

Maybe Putin will finally let them build that Trump tower in Moscow.
Old 1st April 2018, 10:02 AM   #62
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

No, she isn't done yet! Like a big dog with a chew toy... 2018 Campaign: Republicans are running against Hillary Clinton — again

Originally Posted by NBC News
Republicans are running attack ads blasting Hillary Clinton as an out-of-touch elitist. Fox News prime time is blanketed with reports about Clinton investigations. Trump 2020 campaign rallies in key presidential swing states feature "lock her up!" chants.

If you follow campaign news, it may seem like the 2016 campaign never ended. And in at least one way for some Republicans, it hasn't: The GOP has gone negative on Clinton for more than 25 years — and they don't think her absence from the ballot is reason enough to stop now.

So far, at least three Republican candidates or groups have released ads over the past week slamming Clinton, in what amounts to an early midterms election-year beta test of her continued utility in firing up the conservative base.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2018, 10:37 AM   #63
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
I'm actually starting to enjoy this new Hillary in a kind of twisted way. Pure comedy. I don't read any of the articles about her speeches or her stairway mishaps but I hear bits on the radio.

I think someone in this thread said that the Hillary haters are the ones keeping her alive. I'd say that is true of the news media at least [Edit: right wing mainly]. I think it's more of a human interest story now, like maybe she's losing her mind.

Why would anyone with all her cash even give a crap? The power-trip must be an addiction, and not just for her of course.

She's 70 or 71 years old - go home, enjoy your family and your life. Why subject yourself to this? My gawd wtf?
Why don't you say that about Trump? He has more money than Hillary and he's her age. And if actuarial tables are correct, hes a lot closer to kicking the bucket than she is.
Old 1st April 2018, 11:21 AM   #64
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Why don't you say that about Trump? He has more money than Hillary and he's her age. And if actuarial tables are correct, hes a lot closer to kicking the bucket than she is.
I guess I don't say it about Trump because he won and is our President now. For Hillary it's two failed attempts and she's still looking for publicity on her "excuses" tour. She's the pathetic loser (emphasis on pathetic) that won't go away.

But I didn't say she was the only one either...

Quote:
me
...it's a Hillary thread. Ya, I would ask that about any politician and have said it about Trump too, maybe I haven't here. I'd enjoy my money and family - I can't imagine putting myself through all of that.

Last edited by mgidm86; 1st April 2018 at 11:23 AM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2018, 11:32 AM   #65
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
I guess I don't say it about Trump because he won and is our President now. For Hillary it's two failed attempts and she's still looking for publicity on her "excuses" tour. She's the pathetic loser (emphasis on pathetic) that won't go away.

But I didn't say she was the only one either...

...it's a Hillary thread. Ya, I would ask that about any politician and have said it about Trump too, maybe I haven't here. I'd enjoy my money and family - I can't imagine putting myself through all of that.
Frankly, I wouldn't want the job at all. So I'm with you on that. I doubt she is going to run again but I wouldn't put it past her. I do think most Democrats don't want her to run and would prefer some new blood. But I have yet to have to hear or see someone effectivly step into the game.
Old 1st April 2018, 11:40 AM   #66
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

3174 AD.

The 3rd and last great age of man is over. The once great cities, glass towers reaching to the sky, stand silent and empty. The war between man and the machines is now but a distant memory. The radioactive plague that killed off most of the survivors only slightly more fresh in the memories of the living. Lifetimes of scavening in the ruins of a dead world are all anybody knows anymore.

As the elderly wisemen die off, the computers fail one by one, and the books and scrolls turn to dust in the passage of time the memory of the old world becomes more and more distant, more and more indistinguishable from myth. The histories, the discoveries, the heroes and villains, the world changing events of thousands of years of human history fade one by one into obscurity as the tiny packets of mankind's last hold outs spend more and more of their energy simply staying alive.

For a generation, than another, than another, and another humanity walks the razor's edge, always one bad harvest or one bad winter away from being snuffed out completely.

A few brave men and women, individuals that have deep down in some forgotten part of their biological memory some tiny spark, try to bring mankind back. They try to found cities, governments, religions... they all fail.

Finally one particularly passionate individual leads the last living people into the dusty ruins of one of the great cities of old. He stands in front of them and declares that no longer will they live like animals, scrounging in the dirt and filth. They will be humans again! They will remind this planet who the dominant species is! They cannot do this in their lifetimes, or their children's lifetimes or maybe even their children's, children's lifetime but they will get there! One day their distant ancestors will sleep on beds below roofs, drink clean water, never fear hunger. And that journey starts today!

They start simple. Through trial and error, blood and sweat, tears and joy they start to rebuilt. Slowly and painfully they start to learn and progress. Agriculture, domestication, basic irrigation and sanitation come first. Flint knapped stone, bone, and wooden tools give way to bronze and steel. Basic pictographs scrapped into bark and clay to represent cattle and bundles of wheat give way to complex alphabetic language on paper. Waddle and daub huts give way to stone houses to steel skyscrapers. Science, mathematics, philosophy, engineering all one by one reform. The tiny village grows into a bustling city.

Simple semaphore flags give way to telegraphs and then to teletypes and telephones. One day, generations upon generations after the city was formed the first simple computer is created. Than another. And another.

Soon they realize the potential for information storage and sharing. Two computers are linked on opposites sides of the city. The first network of the new world. Cheers go up as "Connection Ready, Input Information" comes across the cable from the other machine on the primitive glowing phosphorus screen.

The assembled men of learning hold their breath, waiting to see what will be the first sentence shared through this new technology will be. They wait with baited breathe as characters start to slowly display across the screen. These words will go down in history.

"IS HILLARY CLINTON DONE?"
Old 1st April 2018, 12:56 PM   #67
Giz
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
People keep pissing her off - maybe its her turn now.
Nail on the head; “it’s her turn now”.

Problem is, it comes across as well now as it did in 2008 and 2016.
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2018, 01:26 PM   #68
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giz View Post
Nail on the head; “it’s her turn now”.

Problem is, it comes across as well now as it did in 2008 and 2016.
I'm not a big fan that it is anyone's turn. It doesn't work that way. There are 'no turns'.

Hillary does have a point that there is sexism going on when people tell her to shut up. But there is also just ruthless honesty. Hillary Clinton while highly qualified is also a TERRIBLE CANDIDATE and Democrats just want to win. We want to get Mr. Looney Toon out of the White House and there has to be someone more inspirational than her to represent our ideals and interests.
Old 4th April 2018, 04:03 PM   #69
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Clinton was criticized retrospectively for seeming to pitch her campaign largely toward people who already supported her, or were at least leaning in her direction. Question (I don't know the answer): Did the Clinton campaign buy substantial ad time on Fox and other outlets that were most likely to be watched by Trump fans? I could imagine that some anti-Trump ads pitched specifically at the evangelicals, or that focused on how "brilliant businessman" Trump cheated his blue-collar workers, could have been effective if they ran during Hannity, Tucker Carlson, etc. Clinton would never have won the hard-core Trumpers, but she might have picked up some votes from people who didn't like Trump but imagined that he would better help their interests.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 04:04 PM   #70
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Did the swing voters she needed actually overlap with the Fox viewers you're talking about?
Old 4th April 2018, 08:12 PM   #71
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Did the swing voters she needed actually overlap with the Fox viewers you're talking about?
I don't know. But the odds are that there'd be some.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 05:08 AM   #72
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
I don't know. But the odds are that there'd be some.
That seems like a thin case for investing in an ad buy.
Old 5th April 2018, 11:20 AM   #73
logger
Banned

She clearly isn’t done, she won’t shut up. Lock her up!

MAGA
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 11:32 AM   #74
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by logger View Post
She clearly isn’t done, she won’t shut up. Lock her up!

MAGA
LOL

This thread was dormant for three whole days - a good start, I think. Until a progressive Member bumped it again. I wonder if any other progressives will come forward to grief Bob001 with "but Trump!" etc. Or if they will let him be and quietly hope this thread is finally done.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 12:10 PM   #75
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

LOL

This thread was dormant for three whole days - a good start, I think. Until a progressive Member bumped it again. I wonder if any other progressives will come forward to grief Bob001 with "but Trump!" etc. Or if they will let him be and quietly hope this thread is finally done.

Looking, back, it doesn't appear that three days is much of an anomaly. I'm not sure why you think it is significant.

The thread will probably see much less activity sometime shortly after the Republicans quit trying to run against Clinton and her last campaign instead of avoiding anything that points out what their own people are doing now.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 12:19 PM   #76
logger
Banned

Looking, back, it doesn't appear that three days is much of an anomaly. I'm not sure why you think it is significant.

The thread will probably see much less activity sometime shortly after the Republicans quit trying to run against Clinton and her last campaign instead of avoiding anything that points out what their own people are doing now.
She would have to shut up and go away if she doesn’t want to be engaged on her lies and fantasy’s.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 01:05 PM   #77
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think it's significant in itself; just a hopeful sign for the future. That hope has been dashed before, but springs eternal.

Also I thought it was amusing that the bump this time came from the side of our little community that has been the most aggressively opposed to this thread.

Quote:
See what I mean? You want this thread to go away, but you won't criticize Bob001 for bumping it.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 05:30 PM   #78
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

I don't think it's significant in itself; just a hopeful sign for the future. That hope has been dashed before, but springs eternal.

Also I thought it was amusing that the bump this time came from the side of our little community that has been the most aggressively opposed to this thread.

I'm not sure what "side" you are referring to. With the exception of the obsessed, foam-at-the-mouth Hillary Haters who (apparently unwittingly) provide the target rich environment, I think most of the rest enjoy this thread for the amusement value. Watching them rail so futilely while trying to deflect attention from their GOP heroes, and squirm when they find themselves consistently at a loss for a cogent response when their idiocy is pointed out. That's priceless.

Who would want that to stop?

I suspect that the number of posters who are "aggressively opposed to this thread" are far outnumbered by the Hillary Haters who originated and continue to contribute to it. (Although there may be some overlap there, now that the Haters are starting to realize how silly they are making themselves look.)

I might be mistaken, though. Maybe you could take a census.

As for the rest of us, y'all carry on. It's great fun to watch.
Quote:

Quote:
See what I mean? You want this thread to go away, but you won't criticize Bob001 for bumping it.

See what I mean?

You have this bizarre notion that I want the thread to go away. I can't imagine whatever gave you that idea. Certainly nothing I posted.

Last edited by quadraginta; 5th April 2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 5th April 2018, 08:12 PM   #79
Toontown
Philosopher

Obviously, Trump voters need Clinton like hogs need slop. They need her to justify their votes for Trump.

They can claim that Trump is the lesser of the possible evils that could now be infesting the White House.

Those Who Handed Trump The Nuclear Codes may be right, in a sense. It seems inevitable that, had Clinton won, she would now be up on trumped-up impeachment charges, assuming this compromised Republican congress would hold true to form.

OTOH, Clinton would not have signed the inflationary, deficit-exploding tax cuts which will end up knocking the economy in the head in the long run, if Trump's Big Trade War Adventure doesn't get it first.

And now Washington is a sewer instead of a swamp.

A couple of other differences: an unnecessary economic stimulus paid for with money stolen from the future is a very bad idea for the long run. A trade war which will kill jobs and drive up consumer prices is a very bad idea for any run. Neither would happen under Old Lady Clinton.

So, Great Recession II, here we come. But at least we don't have to endure 4 years of Old Lady Clinton. Just Crazy Old Man Trump, with the nuclear codes. And we may not have to endure him for the whole 4 years either. But that would mean Creepy Old Grand Inquisitor Pence would take over.

There just doesn't seem to be any good answer to any of this. Maybe those young punks Mouthy Old Laura Ingram hates so much will go to the polls and at least reshuffle the deck.

You geniuses best be saving up all that tax cut money you've stolen from future generations. You'll be needing it, assuming dollars will still have any value by the time Old Man Trump is done.

Last edited by Toontown; 5th April 2018 at 08:14 PM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2018, 10:27 PM   #80
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Poll: Hillary’s favorability at a new low

Quote:
NBC News and the Wall Street Journal released a joint poll today which found that Hillary Clinton’s popularity has declined significantly since the 2016 election and is now at a new low.

Mrs. Clinton’s positive rating is at a new low of 27%.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/...popular-trump/ (April 18, 2018)

"What difference, at this point, does it make?" -- Crooked Hillary (Jan. 23, 2013)
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics