IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Kim Jong-un , US-North Korea relations

Old 2nd August 2019, 01:46 PM   #2321
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
I may be wrong, but I believe that......
This has got to be a first! A stunning admission! The likes of which the world has never seen before!

Quote:
....Chariman Kim
Well, he got it right the other times.

Last edited by alfaniner; 2nd August 2019 at 03:25 PM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 05:42 PM   #2322
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea fires two more missiles, South says

Quote:
North Korea has fired two unidentified missiles, its fourth such launch in less than two weeks, South Korea's military has said.

They were fired from South Hwanghae province across the peninsula into the sea to the east, a statement said.

The US said it was monitoring the situation and consulting with South Korea and Japan.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49244654
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 08:15 PM   #2323
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
North Korea fires two more missiles
Its OK, at least Trump got a stamp out of it...

From: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9038886.html
North Korea has reportedly launched a range of stamps featuring Donald Trump.The latest released by the totalitarian dictatorship celebrates the US president’s spontaneous meeting with Kim Jong-un in June...

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 08:31 PM   #2324
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Its OK, at least Trump got a stamp out of it...

From: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9038886.html
North Korea has reportedly launched a range of stamps featuring Donald Trump.The latest released by the totalitarian dictatorship celebrates the US president’s spontaneous meeting with Kim Jong-un in June...
Hilited: I'm sure Donnie will explain that this is fine as this is just a regular launch and we didn't have any agreements on the value of postage stamps. Hopefully L'il Kim uses some of the Tumpkim stamps to mail his next yuge card.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 10:32 PM   #2325
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Kim Jong Un and North Korea tested 3 short range missiles over the last number of days. These missiles tests are not a violation of our signed Singapore agreement, nor was there discussion of short range missiles when we shook hands. There may be a United Nations violation, but..

.....Chairman Kim does not want to disappoint me with a violation of trust, there is far too much for North Korea to gain - the potential as a Country, under Kim Jong Un’s leadership, is unlimited. Also, there is far too much to lose. I may be wrong, but I believe that......

....Chariman Kim has a great and beautiful vision for his country, and only the United States, with me as President, can make that vision come true. He will do the right thing because he is far too smart not to, and he does not want to disappoint his friend, President Trump!
Can you imagine if this had been said by Obama?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 11:01 PM   #2326
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Trump Tweets

Kim Jong Un and North Korea tested 3 short range missiles over the last number of days. These missiles tests are not a violation of our signed Singapore agreement, nor was there discussion of short range missiles when we shook hands. There may be a United Nations violation, but..

.....Chairman Kim does not want to disappoint me with a violation of trust, there is far too much for North Korea to gain - the potential as a Country, under Kim Jong Un’s leadership, is unlimited. Also, there is far too much to lose. I may be wrong, but I believe that......

....Chariman Kim has a great and beautiful vision for his country, and only the United States, with me as President, can make that vision come true. He will do the right thing because he is far too smart not to, and he does not want to disappoint his friend, President Trump!
Can you imagine if this had been said by Obama?
Hmmm, these days, we don't have to imagine it: Someone could do a "deepfake" of Obama saying Trump stuff.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 11:11 PM   #2327
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Wow.Expect the morons to make excuses. And the Trumpologists to arrive in force. After all, it wasn't a real missile, was it?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 11:43 PM   #2328
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Kim Jong Un and North Korea tested 3 short range missiles over the last number of days. (Snipped)
Is he trying to convince us, or himself?
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2019, 12:43 AM   #2329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Text book narcissism. This yahoo really thinks that someone who has members of his own family killed, anyone who dares cross him killed or imprisoned, and lives in luxury dining on imported food while his people starve is concerned with 'disappointing' his 'friend'. Kim has been playing Trump because he's smarter than Trump. Hell, who is't? He understands how to manipulate the buffoon in the WH by playing on his narcissism. And Trump is too narcissistic to see it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2019, 06:13 AM   #2330
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Wow.Expect the morons to make excuses. And the Trumpologists to arrive in force. After all, it wasn't a real missile, was it?

What I love are the people I see saying, "No worries, they're just short-range missiles, not ICBMs!" because of course no nation in history has ever applied the lessons learned in perfecting a short-range missile system to longer-ranged missiles.

These are the idiots we have in charge now.
Old 9th August 2019, 04:51 PM   #2331
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea has fired two unidentified missiles into the sea, its fifth such launch in recent weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49301767
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2019, 04:59 PM   #2332
dmaker
Graduate Poster

As long as they launch a love letter to the Doofus in Chief, then Trump won't care.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2019, 11:51 PM   #2333
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea has fired two unidentified missiles into the sea, its fifth such launch in recent weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49301767
But at least Kim and Trump continue to exchange their billets doux

Quote:
The launches come after US President Donald Trump said he had received a "very beautiful letter" from North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 06:35 AM   #2334
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

In a letter to me sent by Kim Jong Un, he stated, very nicely, that he would like to meet and start negotiations as soon as the joint U.S./South Korea joint exercise are over. It was a long letter, much of it complaining about the ridiculous and expensive exercises. It was.....

....also a small apology for testing the short range missiles, and that this testing would stop when the exercises end. I look forward to seeing Kim Jong Un in the not too distant future! A nuclear free North Korea will lead to one of the most successful countries in the world!
Old 10th August 2019, 07:49 AM   #2335
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Trump Tweets

In a letter to me sent by Kim Jong Un, he stated, very nicely, that he would like to meet and start negotiations as soon as the joint U.S./South Korea joint exercise are over. It was a long letter, much of it complaining about the ridiculous and expensive exercises. It was.....

....also a small apology for testing the short range missiles, and that this testing would stop when the exercises end. I look forward to seeing Kim Jong Un in the not too distant future! A nuclear free North Korea will lead to one of the most successful countries in the world!

And so Trump dances to the tune Kim plays.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:15 AM   #2336
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
And so Trump dances to the tune Kim plays.
I don't think Kim will be apologizing for making Trump look like a fool by just writing a love letter.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 09:36 AM   #2337
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Is it trump that thinks the exercises are "ridiculous and expensive"
Old 10th August 2019, 10:57 AM   #2338
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Is it trump that thinks the exercises are "ridiculous and expensive"
Yes, he's voiced that opinion before, and said that he's ordered a halt to them. He informed South Korean officials by posting it to twitter.
Old 11th August 2019, 07:03 AM   #2339
Armitage72
Philosopher

Kim knows how to make Trump happy, when a love letter isn't enough.

North Korea releases a propaganda video showing President Obama engulfed in flames.

Quote:
A new video apparently published Sunday shows American soldiers and U.S. President Barack Obama engulfed in flames, with the sequence ending in a simulated nuclear test. According to GlobalPost, the inspirational soundtrack accompanying the footage comes from the Elder Scrolls Oblivion video game series.
"North Korea has succeeded in proceeding with this nuclear test despite the United States’ increasingly unfair bully activities against North Korea," part of the videos captions read, according to North Korea news. The captions also go on to say that The U.S. has no respect for others, nor appreciation for equality.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2019, 02:08 AM   #2340
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Never mind. For some reason, this got presented elsewhere as if it were new news and I didn't notice the date. It's really old.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:24 PM   #2341
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea has rejected any further talks with South Korea, calling its decision "completely the fault of South Korea's actions".
It issued a statement in response to a speech by South Korea President Moon Jae-in on Thursday.
Meanwhile, early on Friday North Korea test-fired two missiles into the sea off its eastern coast, the South Korean military said.
It is the sixth such test in less than a month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49365771
Old 15th August 2019, 06:27 PM   #2342
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea has rejected any further talks with South Korea, calling its decision "completely the fault of South Korea's actions".
It issued a statement in response to a speech by South Korea President Moon Jae-in on Thursday.
Meanwhile, early on Friday North Korea test-fired two missiles into the sea off its eastern coast, the South Korean military said.
It is the sixth such test in less than a month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49365771
For all their love-fest, exactly WHAT has Trump accomplished with N. Korea?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 06:38 PM   #2343
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Well, he managed to loot the US a bit more while using a near war with North Korea as a distraction. When the distraction wouldn't benefit him anymore, he kissed and made up and let North Korea get away with anything they wanted to do.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 09:26 PM   #2344
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post

North Korea releases a propaganda video showing President Obama engulfed in flames.

Look people, just wise up. Don't criticise Trump if you want to change his mind, just flatter him.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2019, 10:37 PM   #2345
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

ITRW: Not a thing.
In Trumpworld: Prevented the inevitable war that was going to happen.
In Kimworld: A greasy smear of humanity has been elevated to Global Playah!

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 12:08 AM   #2346
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
ITRW: Not a thing.
In Trumpworld: Prevented the inevitable war that was going to happen.
In Kimworld: A greasy smear of humanity has been elevated to Global Playah!
That's pretty much how I see it. That, and Kim has played Trump like a violin.
Old 16th August 2019, 03:41 AM   #2347
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

That's pretty much how I see it. That, and Kim has played Trump like a violin.
I don't think Trump is that difficult to play. Perhaps more like a kazoo than a violin.
Old 16th August 2019, 05:40 AM   #2348
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Bought back corpses that might be American corpses, maybe?
Old 19th August 2019, 07:21 AM   #2349
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I don't think Trump is that difficult to play. Perhaps more like a kazoo than a violin.
Slide-whistle. Definitely slide-whistle.
Old 19th August 2019, 07:39 AM   #2350
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Second and third dates.
Old 6th December 2019, 02:55 AM   #2351
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

More "success" from President Trump's approach to North Korea

Quote:
North Korea has renewed its verbal attacks on President Trump, after he threatened military action.

The foreign ministry said if Mr Trump was confrontational, it "must really be diagnosed as the relapse of the dotage of a dotard".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50682235
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 02:00 PM   #2352
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea’s ambassador to the United Nations said on Saturday that denuclearization is already off the negotiating table with the United States and lengthy talks with Washington were not needed.

https://reut.rs/2OZYBuc
Old 7th December 2019, 02:04 PM   #2353
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea’s ambassador to the United Nations said on Saturday that denuclearization is already off the negotiating table with the United States and lengthy talks with Washington were not needed.

https://reut.rs/2OZYBuc
I think it's hilarious that NK even has an ambassador to the United Nations.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 02:23 PM   #2354
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
More "success" from President Trump's approach to North Korea

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50682235
So when does trump pick up his Nobel Peace prize?

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 02:26 PM   #2355
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe Trump needs to send Kim another love letter. And flowers. And beg him to take him back.
Old 8th December 2019, 01:07 PM   #2356
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Kim Jong Un is too smart and has far too much to lose, everything actually, if he acts in a hostile way. He signed a strong Denuclearization Agreement with me in Singapore. He does not want to void his special relationship with the President of the United States or interfere....

....with the U.S. Presidential Election in November. North Korea, under the leadership of Kim Jong Un, has tremendous economic potential, but it must denuclearize as promised. NATO, China, Russia, Japan, and the entire world is unified on this issue!
Old 8th December 2019, 02:12 PM   #2357
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Kim Jong Un is too smart and has far too much to lose, everything actually, if he acts in a hostile way. He signed a strong Denuclearization Agreement with me in Singapore. He does not want to void his special relationship with the President of the United States or interfere....

....with the U.S. Presidential Election in November. North Korea, under the leadership of Kim Jong Un, has tremendous economic potential, but it must denuclearize as promised. NATO, China, Russia, Japan, and the entire world is unified on this issue!
The highlighted is a lie...a gross exaggeration. I know, I know....I'm as shocked as you are that Donnie is not being honest.

In truth, there was no "strong Denuclearization Agreement". It was a vague and general statement:

Quote:
Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.
Work towards? Now that's some well defined and specific plan!

Quote:
This is the most critical, and easily the most problematic, of the leaders’ statements. It does not meet Washington’s long-stated goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible dismantlement (CVID) of North Korea’s nuclear arsenal, but simply restates Kim’s position after his summit with Moon.
Quote:
It also fails to define what is meant by denuclearisation. In Washington, it requires Kim to abandon his nuclear ambitions. But the North Korean interpretation is more complicated. The regime believes it should include the withdrawal of the US nuclear umbrella from South Korea, possibly including the withdrawal of all 28,500 US troops ranged along the South’s border with the North.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...nuclearisation
Old 9th December 2019, 06:17 AM   #2358
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

And another thing.....

Satellite images show North Korea tried out rocket engine in 'very important' test: experts

Quote:
SEOUL (Reuters) - Satellite imagery captured before and after North Korea conducted what it called a “very important” test at its missile launch site suggested it had tested a rocket engine, experts said on Monday.

State news agency KCNA said on Sunday the North had carried out the test at its Sohae satellite launching station, a rocket-testing ground that U.S. and South Korean officials once said Pyongyang had promised to shut down.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics