IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Closed Thread
Old 19th May 2018, 05:56 PM   #121
Hans
Philosopher

Hey I've lost track are we getting near the next scam declaration from Mills?

I'm so ready to see how he is gonna word it.

Will he use the same old same old structure from before and try something new and different?

Will he change the name of his company again maybe to 'Nolightever' or something else?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2018, 01:52 AM   #122
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Mills was unaware of ceramics and their properties during his decades of Sun Cell research?

Not to mention his team also being unaware.
Don't forget he's been unaware of how to get electrical energy from thermal energy for decades. Once he gets that esoteric problem cracked it will be full speed ahead!
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st May 2018, 12:43 PM   #123
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Don't forget he's been unaware of how to get electrical energy from thermal energy for decades. Once he gets that esoteric problem cracked it will be full speed ahead!
Right, he had to contract out a heat exchanger and still couldn't get one built for a 1KW device.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 08:41 PM   #124
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Hey I've lost track are we getting near the next scam declaration from Mills?

I'm so ready to see how he is gonna word it.

Will he use the same old same old structure from before and try something new and different?

Will he change the name of his company again maybe to 'Nolightever' or something else?
Not likely to hear anything new for at least a couple of months. After all BLP gave its second quarter update in early April.
In case you missed it:
https://www.brilliantlightpower.com/...ate-040418.pdf
Pages 9, 10 have General Operations update
Page 18 has some info on the ceramic Suncell.
Near the bottom there is info on analysis of the web like substance which was news to me.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 09:37 PM   #125
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by markie View Post
Not likely to hear anything new for at least a couple of months. After all BLP gave its second quarter update in early April.
In case you missed it:
Near the bottom there is info on analysis of the web like substance which was news to me.
I thought the first part of the presentation was full of fluff, but the use in the second part of random still photos and every chart and graph ever created to create a sciency look was even more "impressive" (but perhaps in a not so good way).

"Our presentation doesn't have enough evidence and science! We need more sciency stuff!"
"I've found some 3-d charts on the internet"
"What, of our stuff?"
"Don't be ridiculous! They're really nice charts though"
"Fine, add them in. Stick some arrows on it, put science words near them, and make sure there's at least three greek letters near parts that look important."
"Okaaay.... how's this?"
"Almost perfect - just needs one of those equations with lots of bracket things and superscripts."
"Ah, I have just the thing. It's the equation for rate of decay of capacitance in a toroidal non-newtonian liquid magnetic field."
"Is that a thing?"
"Does it matter?"
"Hmmm.... it is pretty. Save that and print. We're done here."
Old 23rd May 2018, 01:33 AM   #126
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Not likely to hear anything new for at least a couple of months years.
FTFY; as we all know, the actual product is always about two years away.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:13 AM   #127
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

In case you missed it:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:16 AM   #128
jrhowell
Muse

Let's have a look.

Quote:
Advanced SunCell® design completed and patent applications are filed.
Sounds good.

Quote:
SunCell® engineering is progressing well.
I thought the design was completed.

Quote:
Added additional engineers to complete SunCell® prototype.
I thought they already had a prototype. How can you complete the design without ever producing a working prototype? Shouldn't that be an iterative process?

Quote:
Plan to outsource development of components of the new advanced SunCell® power source...
Wait. What development? I thought the design was finished already.

Quote:
We are working on timelines to achieve prototypes of thermal and electrical SunCells® that demonstrate an obvious commercial viability.
You don't even have a schedule to produce a prototype yet?

Quote:
Between October and February, Columbia Tech (CT) was tasked with the goal of mastering continuous injection and ignition with the carbon-domed SunCell® design for thermal photovoltaic (PV) conversion.
I thought you had that all worked out last year.

Quote:
CT made some incremental changes to improve the electromagnetic (EM) pump by adding more cooling and current leads, but were not able to achieve SunCell® operation goals...
Oh, I see. You needed someone to take the blame for it not working!

Quote:
We have been focused on a much more advanced design that has the capacity to generate arbitrarily high power with much less complex systems that should have a significant impact on the time to commercialization.
Back to the drawing board...again. None of the iterations for the last 30 years have worked, but the next one is sure to be great!

And so on...
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:43 AM   #129
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
FTFY; as we all know, the actual product is always about two years away.

Dave
Free beer energy tomorrow.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:45 AM   #130
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

"arbitrarily high power"

Old 23rd May 2018, 08:20 AM   #131
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Mills and BLP are an abusive spouse.

"Baby, I know I've been promising to change for 30 years, but THIS time I MEAN it! Just give me another chance and a few more months! PLEASE BABY!"

"Oh, and another few million dollars too. Thanks baby."
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:27 AM   #132
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Here's your new car. It has an "arbitrary horsepower" engine. When you step on the gas pedal, it might produce anywhere from 150 to 500 horsepower.

Old 23rd May 2018, 08:31 AM   #133
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Here's your new car. It has an "arbitrary horsepower" engine. When you step on the gas pedal, it might produce anywhere from 150 to 500 horsepower.
That would make driving a tad difficult.

Old 23rd May 2018, 09:43 AM   #134
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Makes entering a freeway really exciting.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:33 AM   #135
jrhowell
Muse

Under "Novel Hydrino Compounds", regarding the verification that hydrinos are being produced:

Quote:
Analytical identification of hydrino product is about 50% complete. ... There are analyses that appear unequivocal, but the results need repeating.
It is equivocally unequivocal that they are half way to verifying that hydrinos might be produced by their device.

Another 30 years of testing aught to do it!
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 01:36 PM   #136
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post
Under "Novel Hydrino Compounds", regarding the verification that hydrinos are being produced:

It is equivocally unequivocal that they are half way to verifying that hydrinos might be produced by their device.

Aught is exactly what they're testing!

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 03:03 PM   #137
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víðarr

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
That would make driving a tad difficult.

https://i.imgur.com/jNpgCPO.gif
Not so much so as my own invention, the Arbitrarily directional Steering System.
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 03:45 PM   #138
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Well, there goes the reams of independent verification of hydrino compounds we've been told about. Mills apparently no longer claims this to be the case.
Old 23rd May 2018, 04:44 PM   #139
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Well, there goes the reams of independent verification of hydrino compounds we've been told about. Mills apparently no longer claims this to be the case.

Nobody intelligent believed he ever had that anyway.
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:00 PM   #140
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Let's have a look.

Sounds good.

I thought the design was completed.

I thought they already had a prototype. How can you complete the design without ever producing a working prototype? Shouldn't that be an iterative process?

Wait. What development? I thought the design was finished already.

You don't even have a schedule to produce a prototype yet?

I thought you had that all worked out last year.

Oh, I see. You needed someone to take the blame for it not working!

Back to the drawing board...again. None of the iterations for the last 30 years have worked, but the next one is sure to be great!

And so on...
Gee, when you lay it all out like this, it does seem to be some sort of constantly evolving scam, said not one single Mills suporter, ever.
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:34 PM   #141
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Free beer energy tomorrow.
Hey, don't joke about stuff like that! I really thought there was free beer available for a second there. Not nice to do that to a person.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:54 PM   #142
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Not to be a buzzkill but has anyone looked in to the heart attach rate related to free beer energy?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:57 PM   #143
Lukraak_Sisser
Philosopher

Not a problem. Since hydrinos are massless, non-reactive, undetectable particles that form long lasting compounds that can do anything you can also use them to attach hearts to anything you want.
While drinking the free beer.

But seriously markie, how can you claim there are independent observations of hydrino (compounds) when Mills himself now claims that is not the case now?

Isn't it hard to defend someone who cannot keep his own claims straight?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:56 PM   #144
Hans
Philosopher

Question

In case you missed it:
I cannot decide what is funnier: whether it is more hilarious that Markie believes this OR that he thinks we'll believe Mills.?????
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 03:38 AM   #145
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

I cannot decide what is funnier: whether it is more hilarious that Markie believes this OR that he thinks we'll believe Mills.?????

Taking Mills seriously on on physics is like taking Ben Carson seriously on Egyptian archeology. There are people who do it, but it requires profound ignorance and religious fervor to do so.
Old 24th May 2018, 05:38 AM   #146
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Not to be a buzzkill but has anyone looked in to the heart attach rate related to free beer energy?
My heart is definitely attached to free beer.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 02:15 PM   #147
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Not a problem. Since hydrinos are massless, non-reactive, undetectable particles that form long lasting compounds that can do anything you can also use them to attach hearts to anything you want.
While drinking the free beer.

But seriously markie, how can you claim there are independent observations of hydrino (compounds) when Mills himself now claims that is not the case now?

Isn't it hard to defend someone who cannot keep his own claims straight?
When has Mills claimed that there have been no independent observations of hydrino signatures? Prof Chary has performed these experiments at Rowan, over the course of years.

If you have this in mind from the quarterly report:

Quote:
Current data supports that the products comprise hydrinos.
• There are analyses that appear unequivocal, but the results need repeating.
then that is clearly in the context of the new web like compounds recently produced.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 02:43 PM   #148
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

When has Mills claimed that there have been no independent observations of hydrino signatures? Prof Chary has performed these experiments at Rowan, over the course of years.

then that is clearly in the context of the new web like compounds recently produced.

Nearly 30 years of failure. At least 20 years of claiming a commercial product was going to be released within 18 to 24 months.

And yet you still support him.

At the very least it’s time to admit he and his team lack the technical chops to produce a commercial product. It’s just not going to happen. If you really believe Hydrinos are real it’s time to step up and start your own company to produce a generator. You don’t even need to worry about patents as Mills and his company don’t HAVE any valid patents!
Old 24th May 2018, 02:46 PM   #149
jrhowell
Muse

The only clear thing about that slide is that you are reading more into it than it actually states.
Old 24th May 2018, 03:10 PM   #150
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down A lie about "hydrino signatures" over years of experiments by Prof Ramanujachary

25 May 2018 markie: A lie about "hydrino signatures" over years of experiments by Prof Ramanujachary at Rowan University.

28 November 2017 markie: A lie about providing a citation to current hydrino research at Rowen University.
markie claimed the presentation of a validation report (the one from 2009?) at a 2016 business meeting. What we can read is a comment from him that is not about "hydrino signatures".
Rowan University does not have any mention of hydrino research. K. V. Ramanujachary has never published anything on hydrino over those alleged years.

The 2016 SunCell validation report by Prof Ramanujachary does not contain the word hydrino ! This was done at BLP by BLP people using BLP equipment.

The 2011 validation report on the failed CIHT failed technology contains "hydrino" twice in the summary. The title is "Validation of Electrical Power Generation...". This was done at BLP by BLP people using BLP equipment.

There are 2009 technical reports of excess heat generation from other failed products (maybe not at BLP this time).

The evidence is that Prof Ramanujachary was paid three times to produce heat and power generation reports for BLP.

25 May 2018 markie: A lie that Prof Ramanujachary did independent experiments.
A paid consultant is by definition is not independent. Supervising BLP people at BLP using BLP equipment is not independent experiments.

Last edited by Reality Check; 24th May 2018 at 03:15 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2018, 10:58 PM   #151
markie
Graduate Poster

RC: This is what I have in mind. From the Title page from http://www.blacklightpower.com/wp-co...dentReport.pdf

Quote:
Synthesis and Characterization Alkali Metal Salts Containing Trapped Hydrino
Performed at Rowan University Glassboro, New Jersey
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry Prof. Amos Mugweru Prof. K.V. Ramanujachary Ms Heather Peterson Mr. John Kong Mr. Anthony Cirri
May 2009
Or how about this from https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Form-Hydrogen

Quote:
Dr. K.V. Ramanujachary said, “The chemicals used in CIHT technology are similar to those used in thermal and chemical cells that were separately, thoroughly and diligently validated over the past three years by a team at Rowan University that included myself. Since the measurements on CIHT are electrical versus calorimetric, there can be no dispute over the power and the energy balance. With further optimization, there is no doubt that this technology will present an economically viable and environmentally benign alternate to meet Global energy needs. If advanced to commercialization, it would be one of the most profound developments ever.”

Completion of Thermal Energy Balance and Chemical Characterization of Solids Fuels at Rowan University

Additionally, an expanded team of scientists and engineers at Rowan University completed a thorough year-long series of additional testing of the thermal systems following the announcement and release of their validations in October 2008 and August 2009. Using BLP’s proprietary solid-fuel chemistry capable of continuous regeneration, independently formulated and tested fuels generated on-demand energy greater than that of combustion at power levels of kilowatts. Furthermore, when using BLP’s chemical process, Rowan University professors reported a net energy gain of up to 6.5 times the maximum energy potential of these materials from known chemical reactions.

In a joint statement, Dr. K.V. Ramanujachary, Rowan University Meritorious Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Dr. Amos Mugweru, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Dr. John L. Schmalzel P.E., Professor of Engineering and Dr. Peter Jansson P.E., Associate Professor of Engineering said, “In additional independent tests conducted over the last 12 months involving 13 solid fuel mixtures made by us from commercially-available chemicals confirmed by multiple analyses, our team of engineering and chemistry professors, staff and students at Rowan University has independently and consistently generated energy in excesses ranging from 1.3 times to 6.5 times the maximum theoretical heat available through known chemical reactions.”
Or how about listen for about a minute and a half to Chary himself speak about hydrino in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXruYqDWi4
Old 24th May 2018, 11:10 PM   #152
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Subtle change in wording there it's now "signatures" not compounds or actual hydrinos.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th May 2018, 03:07 AM   #153
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

RC: This is what I have in mind. From the Title page from http://www.blacklightpower.com/wp-co...dentReport.pdf
A report from BLP's website, not independently published in a peer reviewed journal.

Quote:
A news report, again, not a peer reviewed publication.

Quote:
Or how about listen for about a minute and a half to Chary himself speak about hydrino in 2014:

Whilst standing next to Mills in BLP's lab.

Sorry, which part of "independent" is it that you don't understand?

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th May 2018, 04:43 AM   #154
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 3

Originally Posted by wollery View Post
A report from BLP's website, not independently published in a peer reviewed journal.

A news report, again, not a peer reviewed publication.

Whilst standing next to Mills in BLP's lab.

Sorry, which part of "independent" is it that you don't understand?

What we’re seeing is the Free Energy scam version of the bad spelling and grammar in Nigerian 419 scams. People who understand what independent verification is don’t get to the point Markie is at. If he understood how evidence works in science at a remedial or better level he would not be offering BLP press releases as examples of “Independent” verification.

The shoddy and easily debunked nature of BLP’s claims is not a flaw in their scam, it’s a feature. It filters out the people who can see through the scam.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 25th May 2018 at 04:45 AM.
Old 25th May 2018, 05:40 AM   #155
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

\delurk

Are we still kicking the can down the road?

Yup.

\relurk

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th May 2018, 06:32 AM   #156
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Next you'll tell us you didn't realize what businesswire is or what a PR firm does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill%2...ton_Strategies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Wire

Filtering your own self-congratulatory press releases through PR firms isn't going to fool many people.

It does apparently fool enough people to keep money coming in, though.

Last edited by LTC8K6; 25th May 2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 25th May 2018, 06:50 AM   #157
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
\delurk

Are we still kicking the can down the road?

Yup.

\relurk
Oh, this is noting compared to what will happen when Mills dies. The conspiracy theories insisting he's been "murdered" will be very entertaining. He'll be enshrined as a martyr by the tinfoil hatters. The fact that NOBODY will EVER be able to produce a Hydrino based heater or generator will be blamed on "The Powers that Be" somehow "suppressing" some key piece of information.

I'm sure one of the people at his lab will start a fire to cover up evidence of the con, which will then be the "proof" the government "destroyed" some vague and amorphous piece of technology or knowledge that was what allowed "The Mills generators to work."
Old 25th May 2018, 07:20 AM   #158
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Oh, this is noting compared to what will happen when Mills dies. The conspiracy theories insisting he's been "murdered" will be very entertaining. He'll be enshrined as a martyr by the tinfoil hatters. The fact that NOBODY will EVER be able to produce a Hydrino based heater or generator will be blamed on "The Powers that Be" somehow "suppressing" some key piece of information.

I'm sure one of the people at his lab will start a fire to cover up evidence of the con, which will then be the "proof" the government "destroyed" some vague and amorphous piece of technology or knowledge that was what allowed "The Mills generators to work."
Yeah I suspect that the scam will outlive Mills. You have to wonder if he is actually the guy pushing it now? Have others realizing they can keep the money train going are now pushing it while keeping a confused and befuddled 'believing' Mills as the front man? That I suspect will certainly happen once he dies.
Old 25th May 2018, 08:05 AM   #159
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Or how about this from https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Form-Hydrogen

This would earn you an F on a high school research paper on the topic.
-self published
-self referencing
-unreplicated
-no actual data
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th May 2018, 08:37 AM   #160
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah I suspect that the scam will outlive Mills. You have to wonder if he is actually the guy pushing it now? Have others realizing they can keep the money train going are now pushing it while keeping a confused and befuddled 'believing' Mills as the front man? That I suspect will certainly happen once he dies.
If hes not in on it, then he's the single must gullible and easily manipulated man on the planet. He'd have to be dumber than his investors!
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology