IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lawsuits , Michael Cohen , Stephanie Clifford , Stormy Daniels , Trump controversies

Old 10th May 2018, 02:25 PM   #201
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
My analysis is absolutely 100% correct, oh well, I say so, the Cali Supreme Court says so and the State Bar of California says so, against the two of you. 3-2, that is an affirmance, feel free to write your dissent if you wish.

It is important because it directly relates to the action pending before Kimba Wood and Strmy's role in that action, if any.
Yeah, sure it is. Youve been wrong at every turn.

Avenatti is eating Trump for lunch. You OTOH, use to talk about how Avenatti was making mistake after mistake. In the meantime, his strategy has made himself one of the best known attorneys in America. And the result of the NDA has been Daniels on 60 minutes, The View and SNL. Cohen has also received a fair amount of notoriety. That is from the courts.

We have only seen the tip of the corruption of Trump and his cronies and that doesn't concern you. But you are outraged on how this information became available. It's an embarrassment reading your inanity.
Old 10th May 2018, 02:29 PM   #202
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)

well he is both technically wrong, and the suggestion that a lawyer should not be candid with the court is not being "technically right" either, as I am sure you would agree.

Can you imagine walking into Kimba Woods courtroom and saying "Yes I am under a disciplinary investigation, but did not have to disclose it because it was an arm of the Supreme Court and not a state court." Oh mercy....
Why is Avenatti going into Wood's courtroom? I thought he was civil and Wood was the NY criminal case?

I don't know what "pro hac vice" means so anyone can answer this.

Last edited by Tsukasa Buddha; 10th May 2018 at 02:34 PM.
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 02:34 PM   #203
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

My analysis is absolutely 100% correct, oh well, I say so, the Cali Supreme Court says so and the State Bar of California says so, against the two of you. 3-2, that is an affirmance, feel free to write your dissent if you wish.
I'm sure careful readers will note that neither the State Bar of California nor the California Supreme court are able to defend themselves from this attack as they are not members.

Quote:
It is important because it directly relates to the action pending before Kimba Wood and Stormy's role in that action, if any.
It relates only to the phv petition. How is that a substantive issue in the case?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 02:34 PM   #204
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
Why is Avenatti going into Wood's courtroom?
Good question. He has filed a motion to intervene in that action on behalf of his client. For what purpose? My humble opinion is that he is doing it for attention.

In any event, I'd like to see the Judge ask him some pointed questions.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 02:38 PM   #205
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I'm sure careful readers will note that neither the State Bar of California nor the California Supreme court are able to defend themselves from this attack as they are not members.

It relates only to the phv petition. How is that a substantive issue in the case?
Oh don't worry, I can quote them at length, in fact already have. "arm of the Supreme Court" and all. Curious that neither you nor the other thread lawyer have addressed that yet. "Curious."

The phv is directly tied to the motion to intervene and if Kimba learns that Avenatti is untrustworthy, that should sink both motions.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 02:50 PM   #206
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
Why is Avenatti going into Wood's courtroom? I thought he was civil and Wood was the NY criminal case?

I don't know what "pro hac vice" means so anyone can answer this.
It means 'on this occasion only'. For example My Cousin Vinny met with the Judge to get permission to represent his cousin in Alabama although he was from New York. Technically, since he was a member of the New York Bar not Alabama's, permission from the presiding judge was required.

Also, normally, it wouldn't be allowed for Avenatti to be involved in the case in New York, but he wants access to everything because it could help with his Stormy Daniels case. So he is requesting an accommodation from Judge Wood for 'this occasion only'.

Last edited by acbytesla; 10th May 2018 at 03:05 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 02:56 PM   #207
TellyKNeasuss
Illuminator

Oh don't worry, I can quote them at length, in fact already have. "arm of the Supreme Court" and all. Curious that neither you nor the other thread lawyer have addressed that yet. "Curious."
The Bar has only investigative powers and can only recommend that disciplinary action be taken against a lawyer. That it is part of the Supreme Court doesn't seem to be particularly important in this thread.

Quote:
The phv is directly tied to the motion to intervene and if Kimba learns that Avenatti is untrustworthy, that should sink both motions.
Presumably, the judge will rule based on whether the lawyer in question has the credentials to effectively present a case and not on the personality of the judge.

Last edited by TellyKNeasuss; 10th May 2018 at 02:58 PM.
TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 03:41 PM   #208
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Avenatti on his accuracy on Twitter:

Hey @IngrahamAngle - stop embarrassing yourself. Out off of approximately $3 million worth of transactions we listed, you claim we are wrong on less than $25,000 and thus we are inaccurate? So we are only 99.0% right? What a joke.
Leftists are masters at making the unimportant seem important, and the important seem unimportant. What matters here is not whether Cohen took bribes, but that Stormy Daniels' attorney was mistaken about some of the money. That's the real story, but only one network seems to be reporting it.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 04:09 PM   #209
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
The Bar has only investigative powers and can only recommend that disciplinary action be taken against a lawyer. That it is part of the Supreme Court doesn't seem to be particularly important in this thread.

Presumably, the judge will rule based on whether the lawyer in question has the credentials to effectively present a case and not on the personality of the judge.
They are both related Avenatti has a pending disciplinary investigation and should disclose that, and the judge has the discretion to let him in the bar, and a factor like that or the fact he is a rabid glory seeker has an impact on that exercise of discretion.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th May 2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10th May 2018, 04:12 PM   #210
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

They are both related Avenatti has a pending disciplinary investigation and should disclose that, and the judge has the discretion to let him in the bar, and a factor like that or the fact he is a rabid glory seeker has an impact that discretion.
How many times are you going to post this TOTAL FABRICATION? No wonder you love Trump. There is NO PENDING disciplinary investigation into Avenatti. Prove me wrong or admit you are a liar.
Old 10th May 2018, 04:16 PM   #211
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Leftists are masters at making the unimportant seem important, and the important seem unimportant. What matters here is not whether Cohen took bribes, but that Stormy Daniels' attorney was mistaken about some of the money. That's the real story, but only one network seems to be reporting it.
Well they could not be bribes, and an issue is whether criminal investigators are leaking harmful information as was suggested in the article I posted this afternoon.

I get tho that the leftist hang him high posse has already tried and convicted Cohen, of course, but some of us are just holding out for due process.

Call us crazy, huh?
Old 10th May 2018, 04:20 PM   #212
The Big Dog

This might also put the square in Thirsty's attempt to appear in Kimba Wood's courtroom:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Complaint.html

Yikes, been a pretty rough 24 hours.

Hopefully the Judge can put a muzzle on him before he completely embarrasses himself.

Uh oh, too late, cat's out of the bag!
Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the news, so I hadn't heard that he is the subject of an ethics investigation. Where and by whom?
Oh sorry, totally missed this post. I have quoted my post above which contains the link. The state bar of California is the arm of the Supreme Court of California that investigates attorney complaints as I have shown previously.
Old 10th May 2018, 04:23 PM   #213
plague311
Great minds think...

I wish TBD was this aggressive with his condescension of the leaks when Hillary's emails were coming out as he is here. Apparently only Trump and his merry band of ******** should be offered protection. I remember praises being sang to the leakers during the Hillary situation.

Must be a pain to live on both sides of the argument. Isn't there a fallacy for that?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 10th May 2018 at 04:25 PM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 04:31 PM   #214
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I wish TBD was this aggressive with his condescension of the leaks when Hillary's emails were coming out as he is here. Apparently only Trump and his merry band of ******** should be offered protection. I remember praises being sang to the leakers during the Hillary situation.

Must be a pain to live on both sides of the argument. Isn't there a fallacy for that?

Yes, it is called a tu quoque fallacy and I commend you for writing a post that is a shining example of it. Your post Also shows why appeals to hypocrisy are such terrible arguments in the first place.
Old 10th May 2018, 04:43 PM   #215
plague311
Great minds think...

Yes, it is called a tu quoque fallacy and I commend you for writing a post that is a shining example of it. Your post Also shows why appeals to hypocrisy are such terrible arguments in the first place.
It more of an observation of your arguments. You haven't shown that the leaks are illegal at all. You've posted articles containing people saying they could be, or depending on certain circumstances they might be.

In Hillary's situation the hacking was actually illegal. They stole the emails of Hillary and the DNC by hacking. I hope Aveneti didn't break the law to release this information. That would be disappointing, but people do stupid things all of the time. If it turns out he did I will be critical of him as well, but not the information.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 06:02 PM   #216
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I don't know enough about McDougal's or Daniels' claims about Davidson failing to act in their best interests, or indeed McDougal's claim in court that Davidson was colluding with Cohen, but this email was dated 11th April.

It looks as though it was announced that Davidson was cooperating shortly afterwards, say April 19th.

Potentially, Davidson had been colluding with Cohen, but then turned against him and decided that having civil legal cases tying him up would help.

Again, this is pretty baseless speculation - I am really just thinking aloud what it might mean.
MSNBC pundit says Davidson is at risk of losing his law license and worse if he changed sides. You can't take what you know about your client to the other side.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 06:17 PM   #217
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
It more of an observation of your arguments. You haven't shown that the leaks are illegal at all. You've posted articles containing people saying they could be, or depending on certain circumstances they might be.

In Hillary's situation the hacking was actually illegal. They stole the emails of Hillary and the DNC by hacking. I hope Aveneti didn't break the law to release this information. That would be disappointing, but people do stupid things all of the time. If it turns out he did I will be critical of him as well, but not the information.

I'd bet someone saw this information somehow and sent it to Avenatti just like Mark Felt fed information to Woodward and Bernstein. While someone else may have broken the law to expose this dirt, there is no evidence that Avenatti did anything illegal.

Now, the fact is dirt in Washington gets leaked every single day. Comey's argument for telling the world that they were still looking into Hillary's emails right before the election is that he believed somebody was leaking information to Giuliani and he thought it would be better that he say something when he did as opposed to the leaks.

The fact is TBD is desperate. This shows that Cohen was selling access to Trump and my bet is there is some evidence of this money being funneled to Trump and or the Trump organization.
Old 10th May 2018, 06:59 PM   #218
I Am The Scum
Philosopher

Is Cohen still Trump's lawyer? My dad told me that Giuliani said Cohen was out, but I haven't been able to find anything definitive.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 07:20 PM   #219
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Is Cohen still Trump's lawyer? My dad told me that Giuliani said Cohen was out, but I haven't been able to find anything definitive.
No way. Cohen and Trump are toxic to each other now. As for definitive? I doubt you're going to hear either Cohen or Trump say anything more. But theoretically Cohen is still representing Trump against Stormy Daniels. A case which has to be pretty close to being abandoned soon. I'm shocked they haven't released Daniels from the NDA already. These idiots have to get Avenatti off the stage. He's killing them. But as long as that case is still pending in court there is a reason for Avenatti to be on TV every single day.

Now Davidson, Stormy Daniels previous lawyer looks like he was double dealing and is now working with the feds.

This is getting more and more interesting every day.

Last edited by acbytesla; 10th May 2018 at 08:22 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 08:03 PM   #220
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

I don't think Cohen ever was Trump's lawyer in the Clifford v. Trump case. I'm not even 100% sure Trump has appeared in that matter. Essential Consulting, LLC appeared by an attorney who was not Cohen.

As to whether Cohen could ethically continue as Trump's lawyer on matters not related to Daniels, I guess it's technically possible. No sane lawyer would let Cohen and Trump talk to one another ever again. But this whole matter left the realm of sanity a great while back.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 08:21 PM   #221
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
I don't think Cohen ever was Trump's lawyer in the Clifford v. Trump case. I'm not even 100% sure Trump has appeared in that matter. Essential Consulting, LLC appeared by an attorney who was not Cohen.

As to whether Cohen could ethically continue as Trump's lawyer on matters not related to Daniels, I guess it's technically possible. No sane lawyer would let Cohen and Trump talk to one another ever again. But this whole matter left the realm of sanity a great while back.
Are you sure Cohen never appeared before Judge Otero? And Trump did call Cohen after he was raided.
Old 10th May 2018, 08:25 PM   #222
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
I don't think Cohen ever was Trump's lawyer in the Clifford v. Trump case.
After denying he knew anything about it, Trump said publicly that Cohen was his lawyer "in that Stormy case."
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 08:25 PM   #223
fuelair
Banned

If that one network is Fox, it is just those *******'s complete lies anyway so does not matter for feces!!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 09:49 PM   #224
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
MSNBC pundit says Davidson is at risk of losing his law license and worse if he changed sides. You can't take what you know about your client to the other side.
Well, he never should have been on Trump's side (which is McDougal's claim - that would have been of clear conflict of interest. My idea, and it ie only sn idea, is that maybe he had been colluding with Cohen, but Muller got to him so he decided that if he was going to betray Trump, he wanted to do as much damage as possible, to make it harder to aco on any subsequent grudge.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 10:00 PM   #225
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

After denying he knew anything about it, Trump said publicly that Cohen was his lawyer "in that Stormy case."
Wrong stormy case.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 11:16 PM   #226
Cain
Straussian

Well they could not be bribes,
Sure. Maybe there's a more appropriate term for this particular type of corruption.

Quote:
and an issue is whether criminal investigators are leaking harmful information as was suggested in the article I posted this afternoon.
Yes, that's what really matters -- at least to independent-minded people such as yourself. It's like someone commits a hit-and-run, so a citizen follows but makes a right turn on red despite a clear sign saying "No right turn on red." Forget Mr. Hit-and-Run, we gotta get Right-Turn-on-Red Guy.

Quote:
I get tho that the leftist hang him high posse has already tried and convicted Cohen, of course, but some of us are just holding out for due process.
Innocent-until-proven guilty is a conceit of the judicial system. Also, I'm sure that if I checked your rich posting history, you refrained from commenting on Hillary Clinton's guilt/innocence even though she wasn't indicted, let alone tried.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 11:49 PM   #227
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Wrong stormy case.
Are you sure? Davidson had both Daniels and McDougal as clients.
Old 11th May 2018, 03:51 AM   #228
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Air Force One quote from early April, “You’ll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael is my attorney. You’ll have to ask Michael."

It’s been pointed out that there was a pause between “my” and “attorney”, as if Trump was searching for the right word to describe the relationship.

Certainly, some time between then and now, they may have privately ended that relationship, whatever it was. But I don’t recall either side announcing it publicly - though maybe Giuliani did as he was thrashing around.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 05:50 AM   #229
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, that's what really matters -- at least to independent-minded people such as yourself. It's like someone commits a hit-and-run, so a citizen follows but makes a right turn on red despite a clear sign saying "No right turn on red." Forget Mr. Hit-and-Run, we gotta get Right-Turn-on-Red Guy.
Encapsulates the arm-waving, pearl clutching, teapot stirring, red herring foisting, whatabout sanctimony crowd perfectly.
Old 11th May 2018, 06:10 AM   #230
The Big Dog

EXACTLY! Mr. Hit and Run is the unfettered power of the United States Government and the right turn on red people are the ones at the target end of that long spear, and now that Government is leaking information for the sole purpose of swaying potential jurors? Despicable.

"Innocent-until-proven guilty is a conceit of the judicial system." I assume that is one of those Poe things that people were talking about seeing as how we are ONLY talking about the judicial system here? If so, well played.
Old 11th May 2018, 06:15 AM   #231
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

It's likely that Trump was talking about either the original payment to Daniels or whatever private arbitration they tried to go through. In the actual filed case, ,Clifford v. Trump, et al.,, Cohen doesn't seem to appear as Trump's lawyer. His LLC is a named party and that LLC has appeared by a different attorney altogether.

Once again - with Trump as with Giuliani's statements - timelines have been kept vague. I believe it's being done purposefully to confuse the issues. But Essential Consulting's financial records (now in the hands of the FBI and at least in part in the hands of Daniels' lawyer) will eventually provide an inarguable timeline.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 06:26 AM   #232
BobTheCoward
Banned

now that Government is leaking information for the sole purpose of swaying potential jurors? Despicable.
You allege
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 06:49 AM   #233
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week...ry?id=54962143

STEPHANOPOULOS: Is Michael Cohen still the president’s attorney?

GILULIANI: No, of course not.
It would be a conflict right now for him to be the president’s attorney. I am in this respect. So is Jay Sekulow, so are the Raskins, and then of course he has White House Counsel. As you know from working in the White House, that’s not quite your attorney, that’s really the president -- the presidency's attorney.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:05 AM   #234
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Avenatti is claiming that in so doing what they did was illegal, despite the fact there is no basis for that conclusion.

The actual evidence of wrongdoing is the fact that Avenatti is under investigation by the Treasury department (well that and the whole tax fraud thing.)

Hopefully Mueller and Wood can rope this clown in.
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Getting your news from logger, now? Please show the class where Avenatti is under Treasury Dept. investigation.

Wait....! Let me cue up "Mr. Bojangles" so we can all enjoy the tap dance.
From wapo. Enjoy the music while you read up on the article I have linked several times in this thread.
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Y'all are so cute in your ignorance. Treasury is investigating a leak. They are not investigating Avenatti.

Perhaps you could, either of you, link to a statement from the U.S. Department of the Treasury stating that they are investigating Avenatti. Or just admit that you chose to word it that way because it sounds so much more dramatic.
Maybe TBD will address his specious claim today.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:16 AM   #235
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

I just love seeing this thread listed. The thread name could be the title of a book and movie, plus a documentary.

As for discussion, what discussion? We get alt-right talking points, and eagerly and well-crafted responses that drop into the same empty well, albeit with style and no shrill clanging down the old chute.

It's clear now: ratting on the rich and famous is worse than anything the powerful and near-immune might do, as any morsel-pining lapdog can attest, if it wishes to remain in good petting graces. I certainly hope some enterprising comedy or satire show takes up the challenge of using 18th c descriptions of loyalists and Redcoats to depict today's GOP and its sycophants. There must be a veritable treasure trove awaiting.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:29 AM   #236
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Like I said, your wrong isn't even relevant here. I'll let Judge Kimba explain it to you.

Quote:
Did he not also have a local attorney on the motion to intervene? If not he can refile with one and it won't matter. PHV is a convenience, not a necessity. Build a mountain out of this mole hill if you want, but I'm not going to help any more.

Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 07:37 AM   #237
The Big Dog

Like I said, your wrong isn't even relevant here. I'll let Judge Kimba explain it to you.

Did he not also have a local attorney on the motion to intervene? If not he can refile with one and it won't matter. PHV is a convenience, not a necessity. Build a mountain out of this mole hill if you want, but I'm not going to help any more.
First, I was not in the slightest bit wrong, I am not sure why you persist in making such risible claims (I refer you to my signature)

Second, the Pacer docket does not show that Mr. Avenatti has filed a motion pro hac vice, nor filed the motion to intervene, nor that he has associated local counsel in New York. All quite unusual would you not agree?

/Judge Kimba? Are we on first name basis with the Judge?

Last edited by The Big Dog; 11th May 2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:47 AM   #238
The Big Dog

First, I was not in the slightest bit wrong, I am not sure why you persist in making such claims (I refer you to my signature)

Second, the Pacer docket does not show that Mr. Avenatti has filed a motion pro hac vice, nor filed the motion to intervene, nor that he has associated local counsel in New York. All quite unusual would you not agree?

/Judge Kimba? Are we on first name basis with the Judge?
Indeed, folks, it would appear that "Judge Kimba" has discovered what your correspondent learned yesterday: that our our intrepid Mr. Avenatti has not in fact FILED a motion to appear pro hac vice:

https://twitter.com/big_cases/status/994944300977917953

Gee, yet another Judge reminding Avenatti of basic points of procedure that a first year lawyer should know.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:58 AM   #239
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Wait a second. You were complaining that he filed a fraudulent motion to appear and now you are pointing out that no such motion has been filed.

Damned if he did and damned if he didn't?

(And no, I'm not on a first name basis with the Judge. When you referred to her as Kimba in your posts I assumed you were using her last name, as is common when referring to a judge. I should be more careful.)

Old 11th May 2018, 08:05 AM   #240
The Big Dog

Wait a second. You were complaining that he filed a fraudulent motion to appear and now you are pointing out that no such motion has been filed.

Damned if he did and damned if he didn't?

(And no, I'm not on a first name basis with the Judge. When you referred to her as Kimba in your posts I assumed you were using her last name, as is common when referring to a judge. I should be more careful.)
I don't recall "complaining that he filed a fraudulent motion to appear" what I said that the pending disciplinary investigation would make it that much more difficult for the Judge to grant the motion. I endeavored to read the motion to appear pro hac vice to see whether he had disclosed the investigation and was amazed to discover he had not even filed it!

As such, "damned if he did" does not really apply because we KNOW he didn't file the motion.

Certainly you agree with this, correct?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics