IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old 20th September 2022, 08:42 AM   #1161
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

I thought that was fairly obvious from the way he's acted in court. If he could control himself, he would.
Old 20th September 2022, 08:59 AM   #1162
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

it's a side-effect of Getting Religion. After all, if God didn't like what Jones was doing, he would have smote him long ago.
Old 20th September 2022, 09:00 AM   #1163
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
“kind of crazy like Charlie Charles Manson.”
I've never heard him called that before.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 03:15 PM   #1164
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Judge Lopez in Houston has hamstrung the plan Jones proposed to take Infowars out of bankruptcy. He insists that a completely independent trustee should run the company during restructuring, citing concerns for the incestuous relationships among the business entities that Jones controls. This should make his life a little less comfortable.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 03:57 PM   #1165
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
it's a side-effect of Getting Religion. After all, if God didn't like what Jones was doing, he would have smote him long ago.
God seems to be moving in less mysterious, more predictable ways in this case. He is sending lawyers to do a little smiting right now.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 04:01 PM   #1166
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe God is just turning up Jones' blood pressure a little at a time to see when he'll actually go "pop!"
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2022, 04:10 PM   #1167
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Judge Lopez in Houston has hamstrung the plan Jones proposed to take Infowars out of bankruptcy. He insists that a completely independent trustee should run the company during restructuring, citing concerns for the incestuous relationships among the business entities that Jones controls. This should make his life a little less comfortable.
I suspect the trustee will discover that Jones has a casual relationship with Title 26 of the US Code (tax law) as well the truth.
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:38 AM   #1168
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

On going.

Alex Jones grilled by Sandy Hook families’ lawyer over hoax claims, doubles down on ‘deep state’ conspiracy l

Seems about as expected.
Old 22nd September 2022, 05:17 PM   #1169
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Why doesn't he just make an insanity plea and be done with it?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2022, 06:24 PM   #1170
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
(Not sure if this sort of thing has been covered before)

I know this is coming from an ex-wife (so normally you would take this with a grain of salt) and its not coming from a high-quality source, but she suggests that Jones' unhinged persona may be more 'real' than an act he uses to fleece the idiot demographic...

Alex Jones’ ex-wife Kelly said that the over-the-top, frequently flipped-out persona you’ve seen onscreen in Alex Jones is not an act, that he’s even worse in real life and “kind of crazy like Charlie Charles Manson.”
From what I've observed it's a little bit of both. Yes, he's a showman, so he does the over-the-top "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore," bit as an act, but at the same time he mostly believes the overarching evil conspiracy that he talks about.

He's also completely bonkers to work for; I like this account by one of his assistants:

Quote:
“Look at this great city shot,” he said pointing out the window at Austin’s skyline. As soon as I pulled the camera off him, he reached for the white Dixie cup. Is this really how I’m going to die? I thought to myself, imagining the scene: Jones veering too close to the guardrail, ranting about George Soros and Hillary Clinton. Sirens echoing in the distance, flashing lights reflecting off oil-soaked pavement as he grabs the camera and utters his final words, “Hillary ... rigged ... the car.” His listeners would have believed it. Years earlier, I would have believed it.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:01 PM   #1171
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

"Your Honor? Permission to treat my Client as Hostile?"
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:20 PM   #1172
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Can lawyers request gag orders for their own clients?
Old 23rd September 2022, 02:49 AM   #1173
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Seriously, does he either not understand, or just not care, that riling up the judge presiding over your case is never going to end well. She has the patience of St. Monica.. I would have ruled him in contempt and chucked his arse in the slammer for 60 days for some of the BS he pulled in court today.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 03:24 AM   #1174
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Jones and his lawyer think that at least one Juror is a "True American" who will refuse to convict no matter what.
Old 23rd September 2022, 07:47 AM   #1175
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Jones and his lawyer think that at least one Juror is a "True American" who will refuse to convict no matter what.
This would be great news for Jones if this were in fact a criminal trial.
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:54 AM   #1176
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
This would be great news for Jones if this were in fact a criminal trial.

Or even if guilt were still an issue. He’s already been found liable, all they’re doing now is determining the amounts he owes.

Sent from my volcanic island lair using carrier pigeon.
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:25 PM   #1177
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"Your Honor? Permission to treat my Client as Hostile?"
"He's badgering the witness!"
"It's his witness!"

- Liar, Liar.

But again, so what? All we can do is give him fines, which his cult members will make sure he makes it back. I am 100% positive he's already made back the fines from the last trial.

He has literally no reason to change his behavior.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories