IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alien visitation

Reply
Old 12th August 2022, 09:39 AM   #1001
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,900
Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
There *IS* alien life out there, some of it intelligent, with millions of years of technological advancement.

So then, why do we get such stupid aliens playing such stupid games?
Ah, well, we get the ones who set off travelling millions of years ago when their species was just advanced enough to do that but otherwise as stupid as we are.

We don't see the clever ones who stayed home and genetically engineered themselves over millions of years to be transcendently brilliant. I mean those guys are here too as they can cross galaxies at a thought, but they're way too smart to reveal themselves. They're here studying their own dumb-as-rocks relatives as much as they are studying us.

Don't tell them I told you. The mice would be furious.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 09:49 AM   #1002
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
 
Blue Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waging war on woo-woo in Winnipeg
Posts: 7,167
What we're seeing here is what happens when a deeply held belief runs headlong into a group of people who don't share that belief. cjdelphi has spent years honing his narrative of extraterrestrial beings visiting Earth and on occasion abducting humans to learn more about them. Believing he has proof of this, he's posted it here for all to see ... and got a decidedly unenthusiastic response. So it's very natural and not at all unexpected that he launches a strong defense, most of which is shown to be wanting.

With information available about electrical reclosers, the effects of transient voltages on various lighting systems, and the limitations of consumer-grade surveillance cameras, I believe there's enough information available to explain the posted video in terms other than aliens. Indeed, even the the offered explanations don't 100% cover everything the video has to show, it's still a very long jump to conclude aliens caused the unexplained parts.

cjdelphi, as others have noted, in the better part of twenty years on the forum we've seen these discussions not only with regards to aliens, but to Sasquatch/Yeti/bigfoot, angels, ghosts, young earth creationism, and co-called psychic mediums. The evidence for all of these is poor, fails to stand up to scrutiny, and usually can be explained by not having to invoke the paranormal. Any argument you make against paranormal beliefs that aren't restricted to aliens holds up equally well against aliens, but your considerable investment in them makes you, at best, unwilling to consider that, and at worst unable to.

It's not fun having your ideas challenged. You have the beginnings of skeptical inquiry in your rejection of bigfoot and ghosts, but aren't willing to apply those same criteria to UFOs/UAP and alien visitation. Proper skeptical inquiry requires that you do so. Otherwise all you end up with is a bunch of special pleading as to why your particular belief is true when all the others aren't.
__________________
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 09:56 AM   #1003
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,528
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
If every skeptic is fearful of this, it's because they think something has changed nothing has changed if they wanted us gone, we wouldn't be here

If your fear is abduction, why? It's been happening for a very long time, now you know it happens you are scared? That's the difference then, I'm not scared of an alien species that didn't wipe us out hundreds of years ago I'm not afraid now despite knowing the truth

Alien abduction is not suddenly scary because we finally find out ....nothing new ...same ol bs, I simply caught them out and unlike all the others who witness this flash of light, I caught it

Stop with the unjustified fear...

What have skeptics got to fear? Have you seen the sort of people the aliens mess with?
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 10:07 AM   #1004
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 19,675
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
If you claim the power came on then you can also show all the boys and girls at what moment in the video... right?

I don't see any boys or girls at any moment anywhere in the video, so no.
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 10:59 AM   #1005
MBDK
Critical Thinker
 
MBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
When and who? I've not read nor heard anything about this. How has this been kept so secret and how did you find out about it?

That is because it is currently just in early planning development. You will notice the claimant (who I refuse to address directly at this time, due to their immature behaviour on this thread) has not responded to you. Arthwollipot did get a response for his question:


Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
What? No it hasn't.

To which he was given this reference:

https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-in...hree-times-big


I replied to arthwollipot with this post:


Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
Of course, you are right, but what is funny is when an ignorant response to your comment only magnifies the extent to how out of touch the responder is.

The proposed successor to the LHC is still in the relatively early planning stages. The LHC itself took around 30 years to evolve from concept to completion. Claiming a conceptual idea has "superseded" a working instrument only shows how little that person understands regarding the application of science and engineering. Heck, even the EuroCirCol project only prepped a report (finished in 2019), with more planning to be done.

From January, 2021 -
https://cerncourier.com/a/horizon-ev...cc-innovators/
Quote:
The meeting combined the fourth FCC physics week with the kick-off event for the EU-funded Horizon 2020 FCC Innovation Study (FCCIS). A successor to the previous EuroCirCol project, which was completed in 2019 and supported the preparation of the FCC conceptual design report (CDR), it will support the preparation of a feasibility study of a 100 km-circumference collider that could host an intensity- frontier electron–positron Higgs and electroweak factory (FCC-ee), followed by a 100 TeV energy-frontier hadron collider (FCC-hh) – an integrated scheme that EuroCirCol showed to be doable “in principle”. Key advantages of the FCC design are the multiple interaction points, high beam luminosities and long-term science mission covering both precision and energy frontiers over several decades (see FCC-ee: beyond a Higgs factory). The design must now be validated. “The feasibility study of FCC is particularly challenging and will require the hard work, dedication and enthusiasm of the full FCC community,” noted CERN Director-General Fabiola Gianotti.

So, our brave purveyor of truths we are blind to (that's sarcasm for the cognitively challenged) has no desire to admit their original claim on the subject is as inaccurate as saying the Apollo missions have "already" been superseded by manned missions to Mars. Of course, I am also open to the suggestion that the pretendant cannot adequately fathom the concept in the context in which it was presented.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 01:25 PM   #1006
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Exactly this argument is useless you will never be happy until they land in your back yard

Alien autopsy was fake, I'll show you everything that isn't real and leave you with what is real and genuinely unexplainable.. again you would not be happy until one landed

I even mentioned lens flare in a previous statement I made as I see it all all the time being passed off as alien I will only provide you with evidence I believe to be true and there is not that much of it out there

Most .can be explained away I do that all the time.

I'm no normal believer i will debunk ghost paranormal and most alien bs online I've only become this way because of evidence I've seen I know can't be faked you will find me arguing with crop circle believers and ancient alien crap if there's no evidence I don't care about it! I only care where it is unexplainable
Unexplainable to you. You don't like the explanations so you discard them to protect your ego from suffering the loss of a belief.

Cjdelphi, I hope you stick around cause I think you could definitely grow as a critical thinker. First and foremost you must learn that *you* have the burden of proof, it is not up to us to disprove anything you believe because it is impossible to disprove a negative, like me asking you to prove I don't really have an invisible dragon under my bed.

Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Was god born on earth?. No right so god was born else where? Yes.. god must be an alien then

I know full well what lens flare is, I've debunked countless videos .. I only bring up what I can't debunk
And when others debunk it it isn't good enough for you, which brings us back to it is *your* burden to prove, not the other way around.

I've been a skeptic and fascinated with the paranormal since childhood, which blossomed after I saw Randi on a NOVA episode ripping apart astrology and spoon-bending. But critical thinking is an ongoing exercise, you don't just stop and then assume anything left that you can't explain must be aliens.

The key is for you to divorce yourself from your own romantic beliefs and accept that science and objectivity is more important than your subjective experience.

For example, I've had a longtime fascination with Bigfoot, even wrote a book about it 20 years ago. I researched all the sightings and came to the personal conclusion that witnesses most definitely were not lying, many sincerely believed they saw Bigfoot. So, since objective evidence (a body, or even clear footage) was lacking, some other phenomena must account for their beliefs--probably psychological. But trying to put myself into their shoes, I wondered if *I* had an experience and actually saw Bigfoot--would I be convinced of my own senses? Ten years ago, I posed that question to the forum and most skeptics here said "No"--don't trust your senses, the objective lack of evidence rules. At the time I found that response presumptuous and a bit offensive. If you can't trust your own senses, then what can you trust? The answer of course, is objective evidence--science. In absence of that, it is far more likely that your subjective experience is simply wrong. You may wish it to be that science is wrong and it just hasn't caught up to your enlightened opinion, but that is just your wish, it is worthless as far as our species knowledge and evolution is concerned.

So you may want to take that example to heart when you presumptuously claim that your experience *only* can be explained by aliens, since no one has adequately explained to *your* satisfaction how it could not be.

Last edited by stanfr; 12th August 2022 at 01:27 PM.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:22 PM   #1007
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Exactly as your 380+ posts are merely yours. You opened this thread claiming to offer proof. You have provided none - just opinions, and rather ill-founded ones at that.
Still not offering up an explanation for 2 separate beams of light, why the power went off and why that sound happened I see, just more personal attacks..

Keep up the good work! lol
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:30 PM   #1008
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
This is the glow I see. In the first frame as the lights start to go out there are two patches which momentarily look brighter. It's quite easy to see the change if you pause the very slowed down video at that frame and then click back to an earlier one.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...668df48d7e.jpg
So far as I can see only those two patches of leaves get illuminated by that blueish flash. One might speculate it's a bat getting fried but we don't know where that happened or the lines of sight from that spot to those trees.
Since the power was on with the first beam of light

Do you agree it's not the power coming on or any of the lights behind this blue patch of light?

It's also obvious now the color temperature of this search beam is extremely cool white on the spectrum, giving that blue, no bulb on the estate has that tint even if the light was responsible..

Despite the power being on when we see it and again 5 second later with all the power clean out logic dictates a light source that lit this up can't be on this estate or we would have seen it with frame before the time skip

We would see it 24/7 we don't it's no glitch as it's the same identical light lighting up the same identical leaves .. it was an external light source from a craft (nothing else explains it) and it happened twice

Since I've come here I have discovered this and I have discovered the light beam when on the ground it casts the same shadows as my own light source, that means the light beam intensity stopped outside my window nobody else or the shadows would be different...

Combined with this new discovery, a craft using precisely the same entry position to get down low and same entry path makes sense why we see the same light lighting up the same identical leaves

If it wasn't for the fact the camera adjusted light sensitivity levels , and the power hadn't dropped yet for us to see that, but I'm willing to put money on light being seen on the trees and roofs 60 meters away like we do on the second search beam

I think I have ruled out our own light sources behind this now, that blue lights no where to be seen on any video ever...

Last edited by cjdelphi; 12th August 2022 at 05:41 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:45 PM   #1009
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Exactly as your 380+ posts are merely yours. You opened this thread claiming to offer proof. You have provided none - just opinions, and rather ill-founded ones at that.
lmao funny
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:47 PM   #1010
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm ridiculing you because you can't produce evidence of aliens. Your shortcomings as an electrician hardly prove you were visited by or abducted by aliens.
Where did I say I have evidence of aliens? I said alien contact, you know the difference right?
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:48 PM   #1011
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Where did I say I have evidence of aliens? I said alien contact, you know the difference right?
I'm not an electrician you clearly don't or can't read English or you would know that, since you don't know that I can't trust that you have looked any proof I have supplied and you are just trolling me (apparently inferring is ok here, I just can't call you a troll)
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:51 PM   #1012
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
This is the glow I see. In the first frame as the lights start to go out there are two patches which momentarily look brighter. It's quite easy to see the change if you pause the very slowed down video at that frame and then click back to an earlier one.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...668df48d7e.jpg
So far as I can see only those two patches of leaves get illuminated by that blueish flash. One might speculate it's a bat getting fried but we don't know where that happened or the lines of sight from that spot to those trees.
A bat getting fried to produce that light and the light 5 seconds later means high intensity energy discharge, that includes a nice whip and crack aound along with a nice good brown out all the lights flickering and you would most definitely hear it and see it... so would the entire state with that kind of event

None of that happened and does not fit the theory...

https://youtu.be/zhq-biENbOY

The only thing that could fit is that blue light being from a transformer arc but it wasn't that they had the lines up and running a few minutes after arriving no problems with the transformer or line.. both bat and fault cause sound and light, light lights up the street not a tree and the sound is loud and distinctly clear

I'll just wait for the "show me the aliens" remarks and "that isn't proof" and wait for the ridiculing... yet I keep discovering more to the video and nobody is disproving anything ... by the day...

Last edited by cjdelphi; 12th August 2022 at 05:56 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:53 PM   #1013
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 26,341
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Where did I say I have evidence of aliens? I said alien contact, you know the difference right?
It's a distinction made only by people who claim either and have neither.
__________________
Fight like a Ukrainian.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:54 PM   #1014
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 26,341
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I'm not an electrician you clearly don't or can't read English or you would know that, since you don't know that I can't trust that you have looked any proof I have supplied and you are just trolling me (apparently inferring is ok here, I just can't call you a troll)
The word you're looking for here is "patronizing".
__________________
Fight like a Ukrainian.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:55 PM   #1015
Steve
Penultimate Amazing
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,802
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Still not offering up an explanation for 2 separate beams of light, why the power went off and why that sound happened I see, just more personal attacks..

Keep up the good work! lol
Reasonable explanations have been offered by people much more scientifically knowledgeable than me. You reject these explanations and keep parroting "aliens, aliens" based on no evidence at all.

No need for me to do any work. Your claim, you do the work to provide a modicum of evidence that rises above the level of opinion.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 05:57 PM   #1016
Steve
Penultimate Amazing
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,802
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Where did I say I have evidence of aliens? I said alien contact, you know the difference right?
Evidence of alien contact necessarily requires aliens. The two are not separable.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:04 PM   #1017
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
No, I was doing my best to discuss something you wouldn't describe properly. There's a difference.
I shouldn't have to explain anything an educated person could discover this out by themselves without me helping them,fact

You can now see what I talk about well I could from the moment I watched it, go figure
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:09 PM   #1018
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Evidence of alien contact necessarily requires aliens. The two are not separable.
UAPs are alien aircraft

What aliens may or may not look like or even if they have been here... I don't care I know they are up to something (with thie drones or whatever)

I suppose we don't have robots on mars? Satellites orbiting the moon either... we do, and if we had the technology we too would do this crap until laws got passed

We are heading that way, any other intelligence out there would be driven by curiosity as well

After many days of ridicule here, I'm not wavering infact you have found me more evidence, this forum has given me more findings and more evidence because of how much I had to fight my case here not only is it not wavering but skeptics here agree aliens are out there but not visiting .. some bs about being too far away


And my case is getting stronger not weaker so if the goal is to make me believe this is a magical light bulb on my estate, saying nothing to me would be a better method as you make me determined to find every anomaly in the video

I'm running out possibilities given here now, any educated person knows this is not a result or anything electrical

Last edited by cjdelphi; 12th August 2022 at 06:13 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:10 PM   #1019
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Evidence of alien contact necessarily requires aliens. The two are not separable.
^This.

cjdelphi, this really is basic, basic, pre 101 level first grade logic. If you're not able to grasp that you are wasting your own time and ours by continuing to ignore the basics. Read my previous comment about burden of proof and presumptions, and keep reading it until it sinks in, cause clearly it aint sinking in.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:14 PM   #1020
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 26,341
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
UAPs are alien aircraft

What aliens may or may not look like or even if they have been here... I don't care I know they are up to something

I suppose we don't have robots on mars? Satellites orbiting the moon either... we do, and if we had the technology we too would do this crap until laws got passed

We are heading that way, any other intelligence out there would be driven by curiosity as well

After his many days of this, I'm not wavering infact you have found me more evidence, this forum has given me more findings and more evidence because of how much I had to fight my case here

And it's getting stronger not weaker so if the goal is to make me believe this is a magical light bulb on my estate, saying nothing to me would be a better method as you make me determined to find every anomaly in the video

I'm running out possibilities given here now, any educated person knows this is not a result or anything electrical
You realize that by calling them anomalies, you've just said you don't know what they are right?
__________________
Fight like a Ukrainian.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:16 PM   #1021
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Reasonable explanations have been offered by people much more scientifically knowledgeable than me. You reject these explanations and keep parroting "aliens, aliens" based on no evidence at all.

No need for me to do any work. Your claim, you do the work to provide a modicum of evidence that rises above the level of opinion.
Reasonable? What's your education in, for you to say that? To make your opinion valid?

Electronics degree?
Electrical degree?
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:18 PM   #1022
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
^This.

cjdelphi, this really is basic, basic, pre 101 level first grade logic. If you're not able to grasp that you are wasting your own time and ours by continuing to ignore the basics. Read my previous comment about burden of proof and presumptions, and keep reading it until it sinks in, cause clearly it aint sinking in.
It ain't me ignoring evidence here

Exain the 2 flash of light
The sound
The power going out

Oh wait the power coming back on did it, well the power was on with the first search beam of light

So take that theory and stick it where the sun don't shine, get a new theory or be quiet
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:19 PM   #1023
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
UAPs are alien aircraft
Indeed they are, according to you. Which means you believe they are piloted by aliens. So provide your proof (massive sound of crickets...)

Quote:
What aliens may or may not look like or even if they have been here... I don't care I know they are up to something
You are claiming they have been here--that is your claim! But you don't *know* anything, you are speculating based on shoddy reasoning skills and then expecting others to penetrate your unwillingness to recognize your shoddy reasoning skills. Back up and learn some proper logical thinking first.

Quote:
I suppose we don't have robots on mars? Satellites orbiting the moon either... we do, and if we had the technology we too would do this crap until laws got passed

We are heading that way, any other intelligence out there would be driven by curiosity as well
We certainly do have those things, along with a mountain of evidence of their existence that is enough to satisfy all but flat-earthers, and that is the level of incompetent logic that you apparently aspire to, because you have produced *zero* evidence of your claim--nadda, nothing, nope.

Quote:
After his many days of this, I'm not wavering infact you have found me more evidence, this forum has given me more findings and more evidence because of how much I had to fight my case here

And it's getting stronger not weaker so if the goal is to make me believe this is a magical light bulb on my estate, saying nothing to me would be a better method as you make me determined to find every anomaly in the video

I'm running out possibilities given here now, any educated person knows this is not a result or anything electrical
So you are claiming we are all uneducated? Seems a bit presumptuous and insulting, no? The goal is not to "make you believe this is a magical..." The goal is to get you to understand *how* to think critically and be skeptical of your own suppositions. So far, you have failed miserably and from this latest response it may be hopeless, so you might consider bowing out unless you aspire to be the troll.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:20 PM   #1024
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
No explanation... your ridiculing means nothing, that only works if your theory fits

It can't I blasted it out of the water

Name calling might be a better option for you here?
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:20 PM   #1025
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
Indeed they are, according to you. Which means you believe they are piloted by aliens. So provide your proof (massive sound of crickets...)



You are claiming they have been here--that is your claim! But you don't *know* anything, you are speculating based on shoddy reasoning skills and then expecting others to penetrate your unwillingness to recognize your shoddy reasoning skills. Back up and learn some proper logical thinking first.



We certainly do have those things, along with a mountain of evidence of their existence that is enough to satisfy all but flat-earthers, and that is the level of incompetent logic that you apparently aspire to, because you have produced *zero* evidence of your claim--nadda, nothing, nope.



So you are claiming we are all uneducated? Seems a bit presumptuous and insulting, no? The goal is not to "make you believe this is a magical..." The goal is to get you to understand *how* to think critically and be skeptical of your own suppositions. So far, you have failed miserably and from this latest response it may be hopeless, so you might consider bowing out unless you aspire to be the troll.
I've been insulted here more times than I count, stop crying

You can't supply evidence of any kind to prove me wrong, show me evidence of this happening before show me a bat doing it, show me the power coming on in the video to back up the reconnection theory

Show me the light source that lights up the tree

Enough words enough insults prove to me what I'm saying is not possible by telling me the moment you see the power restored and which bulb caused the flash and how that sound was made

If you can't and all you can do is ridicule me you are not educated enough to argue with me, educated people come back with evidence not insults

Last edited by cjdelphi; 12th August 2022 at 06:25 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:22 PM   #1026
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 26,341
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
No explanation... your ridiculing means nothing, that only works if your theory fits

It can't I blasted it out of the water

Name calling might be a better option for you here?
Call upstairs, you've earned some more pizza rolls.
__________________
Fight like a Ukrainian.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:25 PM   #1027
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
It ain't me ignoring evidence here

Exain the 2 flash of light
The sound
The power going out

Oh wait the power coming back on did it, well the power was on with the first search beam of light

So take that theory and stick it where the sun don't shine, get a new theory or be quiet
If I gave you a YouTube video with flashing lights, sounds and power going out, and claimed it was the ghost of Elvis who was causing it, prove me wrong. What would you say?? What would your 'theory' be that would satisfy me that it wasn't Elvis? That's the game you are playing, and it aint impressive.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 06:56 PM   #1028
Steve
Penultimate Amazing
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,802
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post

You can't supply evidence of any kind to prove me wrong
More to the point, you cannot supply evidence of any kind to prove yourself correct.

Your inability to understand burden of proof that has been explained to you numerous times in this thread is......fascinating.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 07:03 PM   #1029
8enotto
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,666
Cj, have you thought to do some experiments after dark, turning lights on and off to see just what your camera will capture?

It might even recreate some of the odd effects you say are unexplainable.

If not seek confirmation from a person or organization that thinks more like you do. Maybe you can trust thier judgement more than ours and get a spot on TV telling all about your amazing experience.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 07:13 PM   #1030
Steve
Penultimate Amazing
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,802
Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Cj, have you thought to do some experiments after dark, turning lights on and off to see just what your camera will capture?

It might even recreate some of the odd effects you say are unexplainable.

If not seek confirmation from a person or organization that thinks more like you do. Maybe you can trust thier judgement more than ours and get a spot on TV telling all about your amazing experience.
Surely you don't expect our intrepid OP to take any actions that could lead to overturning a worldview that has been so carefully cultivated for so long. There is apparently nothing that will cause a stray from the chosen path. Logic, evidence, scientific method, burden of proof, have all been categorically rejected in favor of determined blind opinion. cjdelphi is looking for agreement with those opinions and nothing else will suffice.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 07:30 PM   #1031
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor
 
jsfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23,814
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
UAPs are alien aircraft
Is that your conclusion, or did you get that from someone else? Either way, where's the evidence?
__________________
A proud member of the Simpson 15+7, named in the suit, Simpson v. Zwinge, et al., and founder of the ET Corn Gods Survivors Group.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:18 PM   #1032
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
There *IS* alien life out there, some of it intelligent, with millions of years of technological advancement.

So then, why do we get such stupid aliens playing such stupid games?
Damn good question

We see them hover in the sky, the navy chases them and they play games with each other, we see them all the time, I don't think they give a crap ...

And let's be honest as long as they don't attack us, nobody will care, as long as we see them do very little and nothing more they are not considered a threat

The moment that changes things drastically change hence programs like atip the government doesn't care who or what owns then just as long as they are not hostile!

Now a zoo operator will gas an animal and put it back in it's enclosure, when I was operated on I just remember falling asleep and waking up instantly later

I will put my life on it and say they only hiding abductions and nothing else, I truly 100% believed nobody was abducted who has claimed they are, maybe the ones in the day but not while asleep, the people who claims they were.. I put sleep paralysis and sleep terrors down to these instances

If I'm right anyone and everyone can be taken, seen a flash of light but nothing to explain it? Waking up extremely tired? One of those people online asking for help "flash of light outside window"

Let's say they are they true victims and the crackpots who say they see greys are dreaming it and never abducted at all!

This video strongly suggests that's exactly what is going on here... if it takes another 50 years for the human race to actually collectively confirm this I'm 50 years ahead of that curve

I swear down dead on my life an electrical fault of any kind can not cause this and I've been building power supplies and tesla coils and all kinds of weird crap for the last 15 years, programming software since 1995, I wrote the 2nd most popular chat client for Yahoo chat including writing my own multi threaded server supporting hundreds of thousands of users

I've since moved into electronics and ended up with a degree I started my own software business up and started writing android apps, unfortunately I never kept it up and went into writing firmware in C for bespoke custom projects my last one was a water pump needed switching on when it got too full

I used an ultrasonic device sent out a pulse measuring how long it takes to send, the speed of sound divided by 2 basically, that length determines the distance, I then use that to determine the level of the water if too high digitalwrite(pin, high); until level<=required

My logic skills are pretty damn good..

My mental state is sound, however at least one persons mental state is highly questionable here vs mine

Last edited by cjdelphi; 12th August 2022 at 08:26 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:21 PM   #1033
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 26,341
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
My logic skills are pretty damn good..

My mental state is sound, however at least one persons mental state is highly questionable here vs mine
I'm glad you told us. Otherwise, we'd never have known.
__________________
Fight like a Ukrainian.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:37 PM   #1034
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
Oh ... so it is!

Is it healthy, or on its last roots? I don't see very many leaves on it.
What you saying? Aliens not impressed with my gardening skills?
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:38 PM   #1035
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm glad you told us. Otherwise, we'd never have known.
I'm all too happy for you to find a psychologist or whatever to judge my mental state, I have something crazies don't, an explanation to back up what up you see in the video
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:39 PM   #1036
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Ah, well, we get the ones who set off travelling millions of years ago when their species was just advanced enough to do that but otherwise as stupid as we are.

We don't see the clever ones who stayed home and genetically engineered themselves over millions of years to be transcendently brilliant. I mean those guys are here too as they can cross galaxies at a thought, but they're way too smart to reveal themselves. They're here studying their own dumb-as-rocks relatives as much as they are studying us.

Don't tell them I told you. The mice would be furious.
"Set off millions of years ago" lol

Quantum entanglement proves to us that breaking the speed of light or wormholes are very probable
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:41 PM   #1037
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Reasonable explanations have been offered by people much more scientifically knowledgeable than me. You reject these explanations and keep parroting "aliens, aliens" based on no evidence at all.

No need for me to do any work. Your claim, you do the work to provide a modicum of evidence that rises above the level of opinion.
No they have not, show me a video of something similar lmao
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:44 PM   #1038
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
More to the point, you cannot supply evidence of any kind to prove yourself correct.

Your inability to understand burden of proof that has been explained to you numerous times in this thread is......fascinating.
Give me the time stamp you see the power coming back on to explain your theory
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:47 PM   #1039
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You realize that by calling them anomalies, you've just said you don't know what they are right?
Duh of course they are and enough of them rules out any human reason behind it..

When you going to learn I started out more of a skeptic than anyone else here!
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 08:50 PM   #1040
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
What we're seeing here is what happens when a deeply held belief runs headlong into a group of people who don't share that belief. cjdelphi has spent years honing his narrative of extraterrestrial beings visiting Earth and on occasion abducting humans to learn more about them. Believing he has proof of this, he's posted it here for all to see ... and got a decidedly unenthusiastic response. So it's very natural and not at all unexpected that he launches a strong defense, most of which is shown to be wanting.

With information available about electrical reclosers, the effects of transient voltages on various lighting systems, and the limitations of consumer-grade surveillance cameras, I believe there's enough information available to explain the posted video in terms other than aliens. Indeed, even the the offered explanations don't 100% cover everything the video has to show, it's still a very long jump to conclude aliens caused the unexplained parts.

cjdelphi, as others have noted, in the better part of twenty years on the forum we've seen these discussions not only with regards to aliens, but to Sasquatch/Yeti/bigfoot, angels, ghosts, young earth creationism, and co-called psychic mediums. The evidence for all of these is poor, fails to stand up to scrutiny, and usually can be explained by not having to invoke the paranormal. Any argument you make against paranormal beliefs that aren't restricted to aliens holds up equally well against aliens, but your considerable investment in them makes you, at best, unwilling to consider that, and at worst unable to.

It's not fun having your ideas challenged. You have the beginnings of skeptical inquiry in your rejection of bigfoot and ghosts, but aren't willing to apply those same criteria to UFOs/UAP and alien visitation. Proper skeptical inquiry requires that you do so. Otherwise all you end up with is a bunch of special pleading as to why your particular belief is true when all the others aren't.
Oh really now..

What second in the video shows the power coming back on to make that light you see

When the power is on, all the lights are on... what causes that blue flash of light you see if all the lights are on?

A bat? Where there's electrical discharge because the bat lowered the impeadance... where is the brown out? and dip in voltage which would be shown in the lights fading in and out? What point in the video does it happen? You have a time stamp show me...

The relays shut down and stayed down...

No explanation fits, go back to ridiculing me or start giving time stamps and screen shots explaining why I'm wrong, in done with peoples word, just show me what you see in the video that proves me wrong

You're Good at telling me what it is without evidence to validate your claims, that's all you're good at

Last edited by cjdelphi; 12th August 2022 at 10:01 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.