ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 28th December 2017, 06:03 AM   #961
Drewbot
Philosopher

Here is an article that looks to be making the play that the Eastern Bigfoot or Skunk Ape is different than the regular Bigfoot of the PNW. http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.c...pe-tracks.html

You might recognize Gordon Mullett, I did, from the Leigh Hart video of the Ohio Bigfoot Conference, when Mullet said, he never saw one of those in a Walmart, as he squeezed and offered Leigh a bag of Bigfoot feces.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pmlm_GiVX6...13816464_n.jpg

Here is the Leigh Hart video , at 10:46 the Gordon Mullet part starts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0_SWjqAB8
Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 09:29 AM   #962
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
You might recognize Gordon Mullett,
Um, it's pronounced "Moo-lay."
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2017, 01:22 PM   #963
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I'd just like to pop in and say that Northern Lights has kept his word and held up his part of the bargain.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2017, 04:43 PM   #964
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
I'd just like to pop in and say that Northern Lights has kept his word and held up his part of the bargain.
Good for him.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 12:18 PM   #965
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Good for him.
God bless us, everyone.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 12:26 AM   #966
Bubba
Master Poster

Wouldnt surprise me if it is on day found to have been kept under the kibosh.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 09:25 AM   #967
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Wouldnt surprise me if it is on day found to have been kept under the kibosh.
You funny.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2018, 08:48 AM   #968
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Similarly, I don't care for the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
That is an example of a Chiasm, which is a literary device, not logic.

It is the strongest form: A-B-B-A. Another example, with a weaker form is A-B-A-C: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chiasms are like poetry or a song, and are used by charlatans like preachers. An augmented form has rhymes like the A-B-A-C form "The Bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".

Anyone can make them up. Control your emotions, before your emotions control you. A-B-B-A.

Harry, you made me laugh thanks in a post above. Hello to everyone.

I'm in the promised land on another Roger Patterson re-creation and it's already one for the record books. When I get back I'm taking my 'dozer 38 miles into the wilderness hauling fuel, ATCO units, and equipment for the gold miner I expedited for last winter. He's into the gold. So hopefully we'll see bigfoot.

Why people have to BLAARG is beyond me. I'm gonna be back out where an outfit abandoned a quarter million dollars of stuff, a whole turnkey operation a few miles from my buddy just because the main dude died getting it out there. And in the meantime, I'm going to stay out of a third world hell-hole prison for my mom, but just barely. The trick is, like black holes, riding the event horizon without being sucked in and stretched out like a noodle.

The excitement, the glory, romance, the risks and bone-chilling fear in BLAARGING like NL's story of X and Y with the bones and all...

too much for an old man.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2018, 10:00 AM   #969
Drewbot
Philosopher

ABP are you in Thailand? Where are you? Last I heard you were in the Philippines fighting ISIS or something.
Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2018, 07:59 AM   #970
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
Control your emotions, before your emotions control you. A-B-B-A.
ABBA has been controlling my emotions for decades. Frida, specifically.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2018, 12:41 PM   #971
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
Harry, you made me laugh thanks in a post above. Hello to everyone.

I'm in the promised land on another Roger Patterson re-creation and it's already one for the record books. When I get back I'm taking my 'dozer 38 miles into the wilderness hauling fuel, ATCO units, and equipment for the gold miner I expedited for last winter. He's into the gold. So hopefully we'll see bigfoot.

Why people have to BLAARG is beyond me. I'm gonna be back out where an outfit abandoned a quarter million dollars of stuff, a whole turnkey operation a few miles from my buddy just because the main dude died getting it out there. And in the meantime, I'm going to stay out of a third world hell-hole prison for my mom, but just barely. The trick is, like black holes, riding the event horizon without being sucked in and stretched out like a noodle.

The excitement, the glory, romance, the risks and bone-chilling fear in BLAARGING like NL's story of X and Y with the bones and all...

too much for an old man.
Greetings to you and welcome back to the promised land (say compared to third world prisons). Your sense of humor is one of the things I've really missed. Stick around if you can but first get the hell out of Dodge Phnom Penh Mindanao.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #972
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Due to the latest Deep South deep freeze, shouldn't there be frozen footies turning up all over the place? Maybe the deep state is hiding them.

Tom McGuane
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #973
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

The Southern Yahoo's bones shatter into dust at the first sign of frost.

Duhhhh....

Keep up will ya?
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #974
jerrywayne
Muse

NAWAC is reporting that Dr. Bindernagel has died.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #975
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
But he was so young. I bet it was from a broken heart for having never found the beast. If only he coulda held on a little longer to look a little further. RIP guy who's terrible at hide and seek.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #976
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Seemed like a nice enough chap. Farewell, Doctor.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal