ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Old 16th November 2017, 01:18 PM   #161
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by WGBH View Post
Hi Harry, Hope all is well with you sir.
OMG, hey there John! Long time no see. All is well and a lot of the same ole same ole. How's it going back there in the eastern highlands (or lowlands)? To tell secrets, was thinking about you not long ago and I think I even checked to see what your last log in date here was. Wondering if you're still hot on the trail or did you give it all up. Have you found any of the answers?
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 04:04 PM   #162
WGBH
Graduate Poster

I am still fighting the impossible fight but the behavior and Intelligence of some make it difficult. I live in the Ohio boonies now, which makes it easier to get out, but right now I have a broken foot so I am on hiatus. Glad to hear you are doing well.
Old 20th November 2017, 11:17 PM   #163
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by WGBH View Post
I am still fighting the impossible fight but the behavior and Intelligence of some make it difficult. I live in the Ohio boonies now, which makes it easier to get out, but right now I have a broken foot so I am on hiatus. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Get well soon!

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 11:26 AM   #164
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
We missed the boat on commercialization of bigfoot.
The internet disagrees! It seems a lot of places will flog you just about anything with a vague Patty-like shape on it these days. Once they release a line of condoms, they may very well overtake KISS as #1 merch-whores.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2017, 12:27 PM   #165
jerrywayne
Muse

For what it's worth:

http://nawac.podbean.com/e/tag-7/
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2017, 02:28 PM   #166
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
For what it's worth:

I keep waiting for the punchline. I'm 47 minutes in, and all I've heard so far is really mundane stuff about radio telemetry.

"Something took the tag."

"Later, we found it from fixed-wing aircraft."

Okay, welcome to wildlife tracking circa 1975.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 09:39 AM   #167
The Shrike
Illuminator

tl;dr version:

NAWACkies track animal that by process of elimination has to be a bigfoot because it 1) roamed over a 70 square mile area that is way bigger than any bear's, and 2) was active in early December and again in January when bears are dormant.

Assuming they aren't just lying or getting pranked, they have NOT ruled out black bear as having picked up their transmitter.

Black bears do not den in the Ouachitas until late December and they are easily roused in winter, especially during mild spells (such as the 50s–70s F experienced there in January 2016). Also, in a recent study in Florida, home range for male bears averaged 85 square miles.

Ignorant or disingenuous? You decide. Either way, there ain't no such thing as a wood ape.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 10:40 AM   #168
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
tl;dr version:

NAWACkies track animal that by process of elimination has to be a bigfoot because it 1) roamed over a 70 square mile area that is way bigger than any bear's, and 2) was active in early December and again in January when bears are dormant.

Assuming they aren't just lying or getting pranked, they have NOT ruled out black bear as having picked up their transmitter.

Black bears do not den in the Ouachitas until late December and they are easily roused in winter, especially during mild spells (such as the 50s–70s F experienced there in January 2016). Also, in a recent study in Florida, home range for male bears averaged 85 square miles.

Ignorant or disingenuous? You decide. Either way, there ain't no such thing as a wood ape.
Yes.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 01:41 PM   #169
Castro
Muse

Ditto. ( for the summary, The Shrike)
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 04:38 PM   #170
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
Ditto. ( for the summary, The Shrike)
Thanks. I had written a more detailed response, but I got logged out and lost it.

In addition to the general derpitude, they also describe their efforts to submit it for publication but were thwarted by those dog-gone closed-minded scientists. So they're planning to "self-publish". If true that they submitted it somewhere (and are giving up after one try), then the issue they seem to have run into is that they have not been able to rule out a bear.
Old 26th December 2017, 06:06 PM   #171
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

tl;dr version:

Both. I can only point and giggle at these ape-tards pushing their version of stupidity thinking the public is buying it. Only registered BLAARGers do. They pretend to have the "where the evidence takes us" answer as to why a circa 1975 animal tracking device still existed was picked up and taken for a short ride in rural Oklahoma and in the same convo verbally lament why the rest of the world insists they bring in a dead body instead. They also discuss how obvious it is Bigfoot's right there behind every tree yet science won't take even a quick look because... With the NAWAC's conflicted premise being, apparently, Bigfoot can only be proven by "science" even though the NAWAC is far more capable of that given they're seeing and chasing Bigfoot literally everywhere they go. In case it's unclear to these noobs, there's been an unwritten promise for many centuries that if you drag in the first sumpin' sumpin' as the proof of sumpin', you'll be the one credited with the discovery of that sumpin'.

According to them this tracking is so "extremely laborious" and intensive that there's "probably not any other group that exists that could do what they've done". They're ironically non-ironically right about that. To paraphrase a line, if they can track it they can kill it, but nope not these "not rocket science" call center applicants. They don't even want to use all this tracking to get a good picture or to look for some wayward turd or a furr-ball. They just want to claim "they're tracking it". I guess because they can learn so much more that way? Well, alright.

Keep On Trackin™
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 07:49 AM   #172
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Well, alright.
1) Get some frikken cameras pointed at your "string trap" where you think the wood apes come in all the time.

2) When tracking tagged wood ape, post your people on opposite ridgelines as well as upstream and downstream. For as long as things have been trying to catch other things, surrounding has been a superior method to chasing.

3) Just what are you fools planning to do should you ever actually find a tagged wood ape? The murkiness on this point strongly supports the BLAARG hypothesis.
Old 27th December 2017, 09:30 AM   #173
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

1) Get some frikken cameras pointed at your "string trap" where you think the wood apes come in all the time.

2) When tracking tagged wood ape, post your people on opposite ridgelines as well as upstream and downstream. For as long as things have been trying to catch other things, surrounding has been a superior method to chasing.

3) Just what are you fools planning to do should you ever actually find a tagged wood ape? The murkiness on this point strongly supports the BLAARG hypothesis.
Hmmmm....Number 1 is a definite no-no as you well know, bigfeets never show up on camera, except of course when Roger says ACTION!!!! Besides who wants to pile through all those pics of birds, raccoons, squirrels, ect.

Number 2 nah just hide in the cabin....Bigfoot will come to you!!

Number 3....nailed it!! Bask in the glory of 15 minutes of fame as a bunch of Narwackos playing army in one of the most accessible NF around.....it's all about the hunt!

Last edited by Cervelo; 27th December 2017 at 09:47 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 03:57 PM   #174
captain koolaid
Muse

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
For what it's worth:

A string trap? .... A string trap??? Really? GTFO. Bigfoot is a wily, forest ninja that cannot be photographed, or anything really, coz he's so super smart, has mysterious powers and is hip to human trickery. Yet this dumbass Bigfoot gets glued with a "nano chip" tag after blundering into a string trap. Let's see if I got this straight... Can't photograph, catch, get samples or even shoot Bigfoot, coz he's so smart. But, string trap with a tracker? D'oh!. I wonder what Gablemp thinks about this moron? Is this the wood ape village idiot of Area X?
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)

Last edited by captain koolaid; 27th December 2017 at 04:07 PM.
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 05:42 AM   #175
Drewbot
Philosopher

Radio Telemetry is the key.

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2017, 05:19 PM   #176
Pterodactyl
Muse

Listened to the podcast.

My favorite part is that they hung the chip at roughly 7.5 feet in the air, covered in a cocklebur. What is the typical height of an alleged wood ape?

Apparently this thing has been stuck to a bigfoot's face/head for the better part of a year and the BF either didnt notice it or is incapable of removing it.

Of course cockleburs grow very commonly in this region. A typical BF must lead a life of misery covered in the things.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2017, 06:56 PM   #177
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
the BF either didnt notice it or is incapable of removing it.
Or likes it very much.
Old 29th December 2017, 07:18 PM   #178
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Radio Telemetry is the key.
In theory that keeps Bigfoot just a cell phone call away. I can't quit laughing at the scene of them all chasing around a little phantom blip on their cute little "telemetry" screens. I'm pretty giddy about it. They probably have naked telemetry parties every third Thursday in Room 409 at the Tulsa Inn laying around naked in pools of rapeseed oil waiting for that day's next coveted "beep beep" to show so they can get down to the business of having a seriously naked partay. We can only speculate about that though.

If they're chasing anything they have no genuine clue what it is, yet they blow their brains out 'pondering intellectual' how bleeping "this isn't rocket science" obvious it is that it could only be a mythical beast. Maybe as hilarious is how the organization that pretends to be so obsessed with "protecting" that beast also hates the following words: clear, concise, conclusive, truth, real, body, solid, daylight, video, picture, reality, sober, intervention, meetings, out-patient, lithium and Okie.

Okie?

Last edited by HarryHenderson; 29th December 2017 at 07:21 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal