IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mandela effect , memory

Old 26th September 2016, 10:00 AM   #81
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
CERN, LHC, etc. The LHC was supposed to destroy the world by creating a black hole or something, and since that didn't happen, now it's apparently messing with the timeline.

But yeah, "The Mandela Effect" sounds a lot sexier than "bad memory".
The first sign of The Woo Has Taken Over is when you presently Google "mandela effect" you get the wiki entry, but also the Snopes and a whole lot of Youtube. Just the preponderance of Youtube should warn that it's gone over to Nutso-Ville. But I actually clicked a couple of them and you get those early woo 911 type videos. Bad cutting, a lot of text, and if there's a narrator he's got that boring drone of a voice that puts people to sleep..... except, of course, people who've grokked the truth, man.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2016, 10:03 AM   #82
MuDPhuD
Muse

Originally Posted by asydhouse View Post
As Bram Kaandorp has just said, these people really do think that the "timeline" has changed, and yet somehow they have retained a memory of the way the world was before the change.

They are intrigued to find themselves in a science fictional Dickian altered reality for real, and since they are the only ones aware of the cosmic shift, they are perforce cast in the role of hero.

Now they are trying to band together with the select few other heroes, either to gain succour from like-minded community, or in order to move on to the next stage of resisting, forming a band of brothers in order to … find out who has hijacked reality, so they can bring down the forces of alteration and restore the one true timeline? Or whatever.

So, they don't really want anything from you. They are still searching for fellow travellers, and stumbling towards the noble battle that must surely come? Or perhaps they fancy themselves like a super private eye, picking up the thread of mystery?

Whatever. Some of them are scamsters looking to milk the gullible, of course, and they are hoping to string you along towards some sort of payoff for themselves. But the rest are just looking for a way out of their mundane lives with some real live action. Or mentally ill. Or they've never realised that science fiction is more fun if you read books instead of role-playing a half-baked fantasy.
...and they apparently have no idea how frail and subject to distortion their memories actually are.

By the way does anyone remember a scene in Dr. No where Bond (Connery) hides in his bedroom while a villain unloads his machine pistol into the pillows in the bed, and then Bond comes out and says "you've had your sixty, now here's my 6", and proceeds to unload his PPK into the man after he's already down. It was a bit gruesome, and appears to have been altered in recent versions of the film on disc?

If it turns out that others also remember this altered scene I will suspect CONSPIRACY!
MuDPhuD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2016, 12:15 PM   #83
Bram Kaandorp
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MuDPhuD View Post
...and they apparently have no idea how frail and subject to distortion their memories actually are.
They don't.

They do, however, realise how frail and subject to distortion everybody else's memories are, otherwise we'd remember that it was different before the change.

Wait, "terser" is a word, right?
Bram Kaandorp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2016, 08:59 PM   #84
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
I watched a few YouTube videos on the Mandela effect before I decided they were just plain stupid. The best one was someone claiming that the "Brady Bunch Variety Hour" (the one with "Fake Jan") was proof of the effect because it's just too silly to have been a real thing.
No, that was the Star Wars Christmas special.

It's all a plot by George Lucas to make people believe it never REALLY happened.
Old 26th September 2016, 10:35 PM   #85
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bram Kaandorp View Post
I think the reason for the distinction is that some people refuse to accept that it's confabulation.

They call it an effect because they think it's a real thing, and not simply misremembering things.
Yes... and those people are wrong. Human memory is notoriously and wildly unreliable and group effects of false memories are based on both the power of suggestion and similar environmental/cultural stimuli having similar effects on similar people.

This kind of confabulation happens to me on the regular.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2016, 04:26 AM   #86
catsmate
No longer the 1

Why do so few people remember the Staten Island Ferry Disaster of 1963? More than four hundred people died in the sinking of the Cornelius G. Kolff but it was overshadowed by the death of a president. Or is there another reason so few people remember?

Well yes, it didn't actually happen
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2016, 06:48 AM   #87
Drewbot
Philosopher

I think the Popeye Movie may have made people think that the giant Octopus involved was just a silly made up movie character.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2016, 06:12 PM   #88
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Why do so few people remember the Staten Island Ferry Disaster of 1963? More than four hundred people died in the sinking of the Cornelius G. Kolff but it was overshadowed by the death of a president. Or is there another reason so few people remember?

The bolded part must be a mistake. Everyone knows JFK married Elvis in 1980.
Old 28th September 2016, 09:46 AM   #89
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I must have another faulty memory...

The Enquirer taught me that Elvis married Bigfoot, though I don't recall the year.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2016, 10:52 AM   #90
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post

The Enquirer taught me that Elvis married Bigfoot, though I don't recall the year.
It was a national tragedy when they got divorced.
Old 28th September 2016, 06:33 PM   #91
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

BUT I REMEMBER IT!!!

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2016, 12:23 AM   #92
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

For years, I had a specific memory of one of the first Doctor Who episodes I ever watched. K-9 was sitting on the throne in a medieval castle, and was then thrown down a stone flight of stairs.

Years later I'm watching some Tom Baker stories and I see "State Of Decay", in which K-9 is indeed sitting on a throne in a castle, but doesn't get thrown down any staircases. I also watch the next story, "Warrior's Gate", in which K-9 gets thrown off the cargo hatch of a grounded spaceship.

Now, what's the most likely explanation - that I misremembered and conflated two memories, or that I'm from an alternate dimension where Doctor Who was different?

I also have a very, very clear memory of watching a TV programme when I was between the ages of 3 and 6. It was a sci-fi thing with a group of kids investigating some kind of evil goings on by some kind of corporation. I remember them investigating a factory and finding giant-sized valves (as in the electrical component) in which people were trapped. Nobody I've asked as an adult has had a clue what I'm going on about. It's possible that this is because I lived in Germany at the time and I'm remembering a programme that never aired outside that country. Or it's possible I'm from an alternate dimension where everybody knew this very popular programme and it's iconic vacuum tube scene.

Or, perhaps, the memories of a young child aren't to be trusted several decades later.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:25 AM   #93
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
They were married? That explains how they ended up in the same retirement home, fighting that mummy, after JFK had been dyed black.
Old 29th September 2016, 01:27 AM   #94
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I guess it's obvious at this point that our brains neither remember our past, nor make predictions about the future:
instead, they are tuning in into parallel universes which are ahead of or behind us, time-wise.

The lack of any proof for this just makes my argument stronger.
Old 29th September 2016, 02:34 AM   #95
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I guess I'll just move away from them on the park bench like I did with the lady who wanted my advice on whether she should use opaque jars or clear ones to capture moonbeams.
The answer, obviously, is neither. You'd want jars constructed of two-way mirrors, so the beams could enter through the glass, but would then be reflected endlessly around the inside.
Old 29th September 2016, 02:39 AM   #96
catsmate
No longer the 1

BIGAMIST!!
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 01:08 AM   #97
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I guess I'll just move away from them on the park bench like I did with the lady who wanted my advice on whether she should use opaque jars or clear ones to capture moonbeams.

Internally silvered. You need to keep those moonbeams fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 02:42 AM   #98
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

A new example...

It was "Star Trek: The Last Frontier" until the timeline was shifted. Claimed by some crank I randomly clicked on.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 02:59 AM   #99
Bram Kaandorp
Master Poster

I love the "something changed again" attitude I see very often on the subreddit.

As if something actually changed, and they are the only ones to notice.

Their experience is what actually happened, and every time they encounter a discrepancy, that means things have changed.

It's a wonder that they can actually function in such a world. I know I wouldn't be able to, because I'd always second guess whether something is still the way I experienced it earlier.

"I wonder if the store is still where it was yesterday, and if the name is still spelled the same way." would be a constant thought I'd have.

Bram Kaandorp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 03:04 AM   #100
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

I love the "something changed again" attitude I see very often on the subreddit.

As if something actually changed, and they are the only ones to notice.

Their experience is what actually happened, and every time they encounter a discrepancy, that means things have changed.

It's a wonder that they can actually function in such a world. I know I wouldn't be able to, because I'd always second guess whether something is still the way I experienced it earlier.

"I wonder if the store is still where it was yesterday, and if the name is still spelled the same way." would be a constant thought I'd have.
The secret is not to think about it too much.
Just enough so you can deflect any criticism and feel special about yourself, but not enough to become aware of the horrifying problems this constant reality shifting would cause.
Remember: your feelings are more important than any fact.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 04:25 AM   #101
Bram Kaandorp
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
The secret is not to think about it too much.
Just enough so you can deflect any criticism and feel special about yourself, but not enough to become aware of the horrifying problems this constant reality shifting would cause.
Remember: your feelings are more important than any fact.
I think the real secret is to be convinced that you have thought about it enough to know that it's a real thing.

Any objections, therefore, can not be real, or else you would have come up with them yourself, and thought them convincing at that time.

Old 30th September 2016, 04:50 AM   #102
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
Yes.
Ok, so it's just called "beign wrong", then. It's the "beign wrong effect".

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 05:00 AM   #103
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Ok, so it's just called "beign wrong", then. It's the "beign wrong effect".
I just arrived here from a parallel universe where it used to be spelled 'being'.
Scary stuff.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 06:24 AM   #104
Cat Not Included
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by MuDPhuD View Post

By the way does anyone remember a scene in Dr. No where Bond (Connery) hides in his bedroom while a villain unloads his machine pistol into the pillows in the bed, and then Bond comes out and says "you've had your sixty, now here's my 6", and proceeds to unload his PPK into the man after he's already down. It was a bit gruesome, and appears to have been altered in recent versions of the film on disc?

If it turns out that others also remember this altered scene I will suspect CONSPIRACY!
I remember one with the reverse in a more recent Bond movie (can't remember which one), where the bad guy shows up with a machine gun with a shield on the front and says something about "you've had your six, here's my six hundred".
Cat Not Included is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 02:15 PM   #105
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

BIGFOOTAMIST!!
FTFY

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 02:26 PM   #106
Axxman300
Philosopher

True Story:

I'm at work in Carmel, California.

My co-worker comes over and says,"Pat Morita is in the store."

I look over and see a guy who looks like Pat Morita standing just inside the front door.

I say," No, can't be him. Pat Morita's dead"....but he wasn't...and he heard me...

I hid down in the stock room until he left.

I swear to this day that I thought Pat Morita was dead at that time, in fact I even "recalled" an Entertainment Tonight segment on his death. None of that had happened, and I am at a loss as to how I had come to the belief that Pat Morita was dead when he clearly was not.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2016, 02:50 PM   #107
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
True Story:

I'm at work in Carmel, California.

My co-worker comes over and says,"Pat Morita is in the store."

I look over and see a guy who looks like Pat Morita standing just inside the front door.

I say," No, can't be him. Pat Morita's dead"....but he wasn't...and he heard me...

I hid down in the stock room until he left.

I swear to this day that I thought Pat Morita was dead at that time, in fact I even "recalled" an Entertainment Tonight segment on his death. None of that had happened, and I am at a loss as to how I had come to the belief that Pat Morita was dead when he clearly was not.
Because reality had shifted...it's the only reasonable explanation.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2016, 04:25 PM   #108
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Because reality had shifted...it's the only reasonable explanation.
Or maybe my old CRT TV received broadcasts from the future...except for the lotto, sporting events, or anything worthwhile.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2016, 04:30 PM   #109
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Or maybe my old CRT TV received broadcasts from the future...except for the lotto, sporting events, or anything worthwhile.

Funny.. we have not one, but two new series about to premiere that each center around changing the past which alters the present.

Are time travelers just *********** with us?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2016, 04:57 PM   #110
jnelso99
Graduate Poster

Funny.. we have not one, but two new series about to premiere that each center around changing the past which alters the present.

Are time travelers just *********** with us?
It might explain the Trump campaign.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:34 AM   #111
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

This reminds me of the Star Trek TNG episode in which Worf was bouncing between alternate universes at the end of a vacation. In one, he found Troi in his quarters and awkwardly found out that they were married. When he got back where he belonged, he found her in his quarters again to take care of a plant during his vacation or something like that, and had to check "so we are not married?", to which she responded "What's that supposed to mean?".

Do people who think they've bounced from one timeline to another ever think the differences are things that would personally matter to them? Or is it always distant, abstract stuff?
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:38 AM   #112
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

This has inspired me for a fictional story in which one character really experiences one real shift one time with no clue of how it happened or whether it could again. Somehow this got converted in my brain from going between universes in the present to jumping in time in this universe; (s)he then tries to warn people about some known disaster like September Eleventh 2001, isn't believed at first, and then is arrested for actually being involved when it really happens because only those who were in on the planning would have known...

It's silly to have these ideas flash into your brain when you already know you wouldn't and can't actually do anything with them anyway.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:52 AM   #113
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
It's silly to have these ideas flash into your brain when you already know you wouldn't and can't actually do anything with them anyway.
And when something very similar has already been featured in Stargate SG-1.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:37 PM   #114
Pope130
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
And when something very similar has already been featured in Stargate SG-1.

Dave
The Twilight Zone "Back There". Man travels back to 1865, tries to save Lincoln.
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2016, 02:46 AM   #115
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
The Twilight Zone "Back There". Man travels back to 1865, tries to save Lincoln.
Yeah, the time paradox is as old as science fiction, but SG-1 did a whole load of alternate timeline bits too. ISTR Daniel Jackson and Sam Carter doing some dimension-jumping-alternate-universe-saving on several occasions.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2016, 04:34 AM   #116
TofuFighter
Illuminator

The specific parallel universe / alternate reality theory proponents need to explain the geographical limitations to me. As a south african, i can state that i highly doubt that a single south african living in the country ever thought that nelson mandela had died in the 80's. He was such a constantly celebrated (and in some cases reviled) figure here. His birthday was celebrated every year, his opinion would be sought for every political event subsequent to his retiring from office. There was rarely a moment that his health or opinion or presence or related charities weren't referenced in daily life in south africa, from the actions of the him and ANC between 1980 and 1990, to his presidential inauguration in 1994, retiring in '99 and death in 2013. There just wasn't a moment that he was not in the public consciousness.

So, alternate reality, explain yourself!! why do you hate africa?
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 05:21 AM   #117
Veliki George
Thinker

I'm very skeptical and I always look for rational explanations. I've been following this phenomenon for a while and it's been very funny and entertaining. Until the movie They live! I clearly remember it with an exclamation mark in the title. It seems like 80 percent of people remember it that way.
I can't find a rational explanation, but I can't just jump to conclusion that multiverses are merging because some pop cultural references change.
Is there any other skeptic who has experienced something like so called Mandela effect?
Also Thanksgiving confusion baffles me.

Last edited by Veliki George; 14th March 2018 at 05:23 AM.
Veliki George is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 05:36 AM   #118
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Veliki George View Post
I can't find a rational explanation[...]
Human memory is poor, and we are a creature who confabulates.

Quote:
Is there any other skeptic who has experienced something like so called Mandela effect?
Yes. I have a vivid memory from my childhood of an episode of Doctor Who in which K-9 is thrown down the stairs in a medieval castle. No such episodes exist. My explanation is that over time my memory has become confused and I have conflated a scene from one story in which K-9 is thrown off the ramp of a space ship, and the previous story, which has scenes set in a medieval castle.

As I say, human memory is poor, and we are a creature who confabulates.
Old 14th March 2018, 05:49 AM   #119
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Human memory is poor, and we are a creature who confabulates.

Yes. I have a vivid memory from my childhood of an episode of Doctor Who in which K-9 is thrown down the stairs in a medieval castle. No such episodes exist. My explanation is that over time my memory has become confused and I have conflated a scene from one story in which K-9 is thrown off the ramp of a space ship, and the previous story, which has scenes set in a medieval castle.

As I say, human memory is poor, and we are a creature who confabulates.
Just an addition to this, current evidence suggests that memory isn't much like a recording. You don't have a memory stored somewhere that gets replayed. Instead, it's almost like memories are computer programs formed using numerous subroutines. In other words, when you remember an apple, there's not a single part of the brain that has a recording of an apple. Instead, one part stores the information (subroutine) about it's redness, and over there is info about the smell and taste of it, and this other part contains info on shape, etc. When you remember, those bits and pieces are re-associated to create the memory (just like a coder might pull in various functions and subroutines to put together a computer program).

And memory always changes; each time you remember something, the current environment/conditions get mixed in with the memory as well, because it's associative rather than recorded (I'm sure there's a word I can't think of here that's better than recorded...but you get the idea).

All that adds up to the fact that memory is fluid, and changes over time.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 05:59 AM   #120
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Veliki George View Post
It seems like 80 percent of people remember it that way.
Where are you getting that 80% figure from?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal