IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Bob Heironimus , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

Continuation - The PG Film - Bob Heironimus and Patty

Mod InfoContinued from here.

Since the original thread seems to have calmed down a bit, it is being taken off moderation. However, since it has become rather long, the original is closed and further discussion should take place here instead. Please remain civil and on topic. As a reminder, here is the opening post from the thread:
Posted By:Cuddles

Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
This thread is for analysis of any evidence which relates to whether or not Bob Heironimus could have been Patty.

That includes:
1) Comparing Patty's apparent body proportions to Bob's....and, by extension, to humans, in general.

....and also...

2) All other types of evidence which relate to Bob H. possibly being the subject of the film.

Analysis of other aspects of Patty's hide...or "suit"....such as 'apparent muscle movements', can be done in a separate thread.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 09:20 AM   #2
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

From other thread here...

Originally Posted by lucaschorak
Hi everybody I am new to this.I came here for one thing I talked to Bob Heironimus on the phone.Any questions?

Hi, can you start by establishing your own legitimacy and truthfulness?
Old 4th January 2010, 01:20 PM   #3
lucaschorak
Student

William Parcher I got his phone number from a guy on youtube.Some things Bob H told me is that he is still friends with Gimlin.And his mother is ill.I am not allowed to give his phone number out because I promised to keep it private.What is a continuation thread?
lucaschorak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 01:28 PM   #4
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by lucaschorak View Post
William Parcher I got his phone number from a guy on youtube.Some things Bob H told me is that he is still friends with Gimlin.And his mother is ill.I am not allowed to give his phone number out because I promised to keep it private.What is a continuation thread?
Finding a phone number is not all that difficult.
www.zabasearch.com
Old 4th January 2010, 01:38 PM   #5
desertgal
Illuminator

How does this establish your legitimacy and truthfulness? For that matter, how do those two revelations relate to Bob H. being/not being "Patty"?

(A continuation thread is just what the name implies - a thread which continues discussion of a topic from a previous thread.)

Last edited by desertgal; 4th January 2010 at 01:40 PM.
desertgal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

I for one am curious how Bob H. and Bob G. can still be friends, given that H.'s claims make G. a gi-normous liar.

(Note that I'm not calling G. a liar; H. is calling G. a liar whether his claims are true or not.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 02:09 PM   #7
lucaschorak
Student

I'm not really sure.I wanted you to know this because you would find it to be interesting.I know for a fact that Bob H was the guy in the suit.
lucaschorak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 02:31 PM   #8
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

I'm not really sure.I wanted you to know this because you would find it to be interesting.I know for a fact that Bob H was the guy in the suit.
What are these facts?
Audible Click is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 02:32 PM   #9
desertgal
Illuminator

It's interesting...but please explain how you know that for a fact?
Old 4th January 2010, 02:47 PM   #10
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Quote:
Hi everybody I am new to this.I came here for one thing I talked to Bob Heironimus on the phone.Any questions?

Sure....when did you talk to him? And, did you ask him many questions about his alleged performance, as Patty?

If so, was there anything noteworthy in any of his answers?

Quote:
I'm not really sure.I wanted you to know this because you would find it to be interesting.

I know for a fact that Bob H was the guy in the suit.

lucas, I've shown earlier in this thread....with 100% numerical certainty.....that Bob Heironimus could not possibly have been Patty....due to a difference in the reach of their elbows.

I'd love to hear how you "know" that he was Patty.

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 4th January 2010 at 02:54 PM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 02:56 PM   #11
sadhatter
Philosopher

Ummm, why not just give us the proof instead of beating around the bush? I don't mean to be curt, but whenever someone , online says " oh and i have proof of **X**" my first reaction is always " then why not post that instead of simply posting about posting that".
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 02:56 PM   #12
lucaschorak
Student

I know this for a few reasons.It is because Tom Biscardi once offered Bob Gimlin to go somewhere with Bob H.Gimlin said he would meet Tom Biscardi and Bob H once he went to his house.When Bob H and Tom Biscardi went to Gimlin's home they saw Gimlin driving down the road running away from them.I have also seen pictures of Bob H riding a horse in reel 2.This proves Bob H was there when Patterson and Gimlin shot the film.Bob H even lives 9 houses away from Bob Gimlin.
Old 4th January 2010, 03:02 PM   #13
lucaschorak
Student

It is because Gimlin always runs away from Bob H.And the fact that Bob H was there the day Patterson and Gimlin shot the film.
Old 4th January 2010, 03:06 PM   #14
GT/CS
Illuminator

I know this for a few reasons.It is because Tom Biscardi once offered Bob Gimlin to go somewhere with Bob H.Gimlin said he would meet Tom Biscardi and Bob H once he went to his house.When Bob H and Tom Biscardi went to Gimlin's home they saw Gimlin driving down the road running away from them.I have also seen pictures of Bob H riding a horse in reel 2.This proves Bob H was there when Patterson and Gimlin shot the film.Bob H even lives 9 houses away from Bob Gimlin.
Do you have proof of anything you just stated?
Old 4th January 2010, 03:15 PM   #15
sadhatter
Philosopher

I believe this poster is simply tugging our string. People who want to prove something generally don't make 6 posts out of a "proof" that would take one at most to explain.

Yawn.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 03:16 PM   #16
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

In as much as I want to I can't....
Please tell me you aren't just yanking our chains.

Can you tell us your relationship with Bob H.
How did you meet him?
Ever meet Gimlin?
Could you contact him?
Keep us updated.

everyone knows there is a First for everything.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 03:18 PM   #17
desertgal
Illuminator

I know this for a few reasons.It is because Tom Biscardi once offered Bob Gimlin to go somewhere with Bob H.Gimlin said he would meet Tom Biscardi and Bob H once he went to his house.When Bob H and Tom Biscardi went to Gimlin's home they saw Gimlin driving down the road running away from them.
Anecdotal evidence is not proof. How is this proof that Bob H. was "Patty"?

Quote:
I have also seen pictures of Bob H riding a horse in reel 2.This proves Bob H was there when Patterson and Gimlin shot the film.
How is that proof that Bob H. was "Patty"?

Quote:
Bob H even lives 9 houses away from Bob Gimlin.
How is that proof that Bob H. was "Patty"?

It is because Gimlin always runs away from Bob H....
"Always"? You cited one anecdote-and now it has progressed to "always"? How do you know this? Have you been present every time Gimlin was allegedly supposed to meet with Bob H. since 1967 and personally seen Gimlin 'running away'?

Quote:
...And the fact that Bob H was there the day Patterson and Gimlin shot the film.
You already mentioned this. As often noted, Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin were there that day, too. By your standard, one of them could have been "Patty".

ETA: You said earlier that the two Bob's are still friends...and now you are saying that Gimlin runs away every time he is supposed to meet with Bob H. That's not much of a friendship.

Last edited by desertgal; 4th January 2010 at 03:33 PM.
desertgal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 03:35 PM   #18
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

Bob H told me is that he is still friends with Gimlin.
It is because Gimlin always runs away from Bob H.
You've convinced me! Oh no, wait, that doesn't make any sense. Silly me. What I meant to say was that your credibility has been hopelessly shot to hell in less than 5 posts.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 03:39 PM   #19
lucaschorak
Student

I don't know how to paste pictures.But you can clearly see Bob H in reel 2.Maybe this is evidence that Bob H is Patty not proof.Do you have any other questions?
Old 4th January 2010, 03:49 PM   #20
RayG
Master Poster

Do you have any other questions?
Mak, that you?

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 03:51 PM   #21
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

How did you meet him?
Ever meet Gimlin?
Could you contact him?
Keep us updated.

Come on Peeps.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 03:52 PM   #22
lucaschorak
Student

Do you guys want to talk about something else about Bob H?I could ask Bob H anything you guys want me to ask him.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:02 PM   #23
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Sounds like nothing but a troll wearing some dirty old socks, I would say...
Prove me wrong if you can.

ETA: I feel I was baited, just like others. Let's try to avoid troubles for ourselves and work to the mods.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…

Last edited by Correa Neto; 4th January 2010 at 05:36 PM.
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2010, 04:03 PM   #24
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

Yes, ask him how he reconciles his report that he and Gimlin are "still friends" with his report that "Gimlin always runs away from him". This should be fascinating.

Old 4th January 2010, 04:07 PM   #25
sadhatter
Philosopher

Yes, 2 things actually.

1. Why are you dragging out every question into a 6 post adventure.

2. Why would Bob be taking your questions, from us, and answering them, yet not directly answer them? Unless of course the answer is he likes to waste time, in which case, my first question is answered as well.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:09 PM   #26
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Virtually everything you have said here is already known from recent interviews with Bob Heironimus as well as posted information. You could look back at my past postings and see that BH does remain friends with BG. Most of what you have stated is a repeat of the Biscardi/Heironimus radio interview and personal visit. A previous radio interview which also included Kal Korff includes more info.

The only moving film footage of BH on horseback is from Washington prior to the Bluff Creek Patty filming. We already know about that and have posted stills and links to the clip. We don't talk about that as being the "second reel" because that name is used for what was alleged to be filmed after the Patty encounter.

Unless you pull some rabbit out of a hat, I have no good reason to think that you did speak to BH.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:13 PM   #27
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

BH has publicly stated on the record that he and BG do remain personal friends. According to BH, his attempts to pursuade BG to confess have been futile. He actually went to BG before going public to tell him that he was going to confess to the world. Well he did, but BG continues to stick with the no-hoax story.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:19 PM   #28
desertgal
Illuminator

I don't know how to paste pictures.But you can clearly see Bob H in reel 2.Maybe this is evidence that Bob H is Patty...
No. It's just evidence that Bob H. once rode a horse in front of a camera.

Quote:
Do you guys want to talk about something else about Bob H?I could ask Bob H anything you guys want me to ask him.
As William Parcher already pointed out, your 'revelations' from Bob H. are things that are already known - except for the claim that his mother is ill, which none of us would have any way to verify. So, really, relating questions to you to ask Bob H. is pointless, since we have no reason to believe that you have actually spoken or will speak to Bob H.

It's silly, really, to think that Bob H. would waste his time using an intermediary to repeat a bunch of stuff he has said before.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:26 PM   #29
lucaschorak
Student

I didn't know that William Parcher.Guys sorry for wasting your time.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:30 PM   #30
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

How did you meet him?
Ever meet Gimlin?
Could you contact him?
Keep us updated.

do I need to Spell it out for you?

(Somebody Throw Me Bone Here. I'm Trying To Make A Funny. )
Old 4th January 2010, 04:32 PM   #31
lucaschorak
Student

When Bob H's story came out in 1999.Bob Gimlin admitted he could have been fooled by Roger Patterson.I think that Gimlin was nervous when Bob H's story came out.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:42 PM   #32
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

BD, it's been taken care of

lucas, if you did talk to BH, he has not said anything new to you that wasn't known to us at least 2 years ago. Biscardi told the world that he tried getting both Bobs for the same interview but Gimlin wouldn't do it. BH is perfectly willing to talk on the record along with Gimlin, but not vice-versa.

As far as his mother Opal, she would be quite old now considering that Bob was in his early 20s in 1967.
Old 4th January 2010, 05:14 PM   #33
lucaschorak
Student

William Parcher one thing I want you to know is that Tom Biscardi visited Patricia Patterson who is Roger's widow 8 months ago.And according to Biscardi she said she would make a confession that it was a hoax.
Old 4th January 2010, 05:32 PM   #34
desertgal
Illuminator

William Parcher one thing I want you to know is that Tom Biscardi visited Patricia Patterson who is Roger's widow 8 months ago.And according to Biscardi she said she would make a confession that it was a hoax.
Well, again, you're delving into the area of hearsay. Is there any other evidence, beyond Biscardi's say so, that Mrs. Patterson told him she would make a full confession that it was a hoax? Otherwise, it's her word against his...and neither is proof.
Old 4th January 2010, 05:47 PM   #35
lucaschorak
Student

Yeah its pretty much hearsay.I hope Biscardi isn't lying about it.Another thing is that Biscardi visited Roger Patterson in a hospital in 1970.Roger told Tom it was a hoax.I got this information from the guy on youtube who gave Bob H's phone number.
Old 4th January 2010, 05:51 PM   #36
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

He visited Patricia in July 2008. Are you saying he has visited her again since then (April 2009)?

Biscardi is only sharing this stuff with you, a 19 year old, who then lets out the cat on JREF?
Old 4th January 2010, 06:02 PM   #37
lucaschorak
Student

Biscardi didn't tell me this information.It was ALLENMUSKY a guy on youtube who is friends with Tom Biscardi.Biscardi is also going to make a huge expedition to the PNW.
Old 4th January 2010, 06:02 PM   #38
desertgal
Illuminator

Yeah its pretty much hearsay.
No, it's not "pretty much" hearsay - it IS hearsay. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Another thing is that Biscardi visited Roger Patterson in a hospital in 1970.Roger told Tom it was a hoax.I got this information from the guy on youtube who gave Bob H's phone number.
Triple hearsay...and I have strong doubts that Patterson told anyone it was a hoax after initially promoting the film as the real thing.

Tom Biscardi can concoct any story he wants about exchanges he may have had with Roger Patterson. Patterson can't refute them, so Biscardi can't lose.

Last edited by desertgal; 4th January 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 4th January 2010, 06:15 PM   #39
lucaschorak
Student

Tom Biscardi is friends with Roger Patterson.When I make it to 15 posts I can post a link that shows Biscardi visited Bob H , Patricia Patterson and some other people.I'm 99% sure this will happen.I will look extremely foolish if this does not happen.
Old 4th January 2010, 06:25 PM   #40
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Biscardi didn't tell me this information.It was ALLENMUSKY a guy on youtube who is friends with Tom Biscardi.Biscardi is also going to make a huge expedition to the PNW.
YOU are ALLENMUSKY or should I call you Mr. Nospace?

Originally Posted by ALLENMUSKY
Todd refused to answer questions and pulled the picture from his web page.I'm saying his Sylvanic Group did
Gilbert, I'm telling you they are not REAL.Peter Byrne, Rene Dehinden, Tom Slick have spent thier entire lives
Gilbert, Dont bring a camcorder like Komo suggested.Bring some Jack links beef jerky and a 12 gauge shot gun...

Quote:
I will look extremely foolish if this does not happen.
Let's talk about now.You look foolish.Don't you think?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal