ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:04 AM   #81
bknight
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Why are official liars allowed to keep their memes? When a piece of disinfo emerges among the more reasonable citizens who ask questions,
So you consider yourself as a reasonable citizen? If that were true, perhaps you can explain away all of the posts you have made. Most of them contain data and thoughts from confirmed CT's that see an "anomaly" and without doing any research just jump up and down proclaiming the anomaly proves [sic] was a hoax or mass conspiracy.
Quote:
it gets attacked like a parasite. When liars like you spread ideas like "all explosives detonate when exposed to heat, and there is no way to protect explosives from heat", where's your sense of decency? Why spend time writing stuff you know is BS?
Those stupid and inane ideas get attacked as they should be because those ideas are the disinfo you referenced. It is quite simple really, just put away those CT websites and do some real research/thinking, which your posts are sorely lacking.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 11:20 AM   #82
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Well.....some do. But the ones that don't burn explode with heat (usually primary charges rather than secondary), which kinda gives the same point.

Fire would either set them off and destroy them or burn and destroy them.
Depends on the exord and the detonator type - traditional fuse type caps will go at about the same instant the main charge would ignite through fire exposure, and the device would work more or less as intended.

A charge using electrical caps may only result in conflagration due to the explosive material igniting before the electrical cap detonates - take a piece of secondary high explosive and hit it with a match - it will ignite quickly. An electrical cap will detonate through exposure to flame/heat but not as quickly as secondary HE.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 11:40 AM   #83
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Why are official liars allowed to keep their memes? When a piece of disinfo emerges among the more reasonable citizens who ask questions, it gets attacked like a parasite. When liars like you spread ideas like "all explosives detonate when exposed to heat, and there is no way to protect explosives from heat", where's your sense of decency? Why spend time writing stuff you know is BS?
Maggie's drawers.

I won't bother to report this post for the rule 12 violation and ask other members to do likewise.

MJ's post is a classic example of the CTist's embrace of ignorance over knowledge.

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 11:42 AM   #84
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

By that logic, the collapse took 6 hours.
By any logic, the collapse took 6 hours. The idea that collapse onset was sudden is an invention of 9/11 truthers.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 11:46 AM   #85
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Will you call Jowenko a liar?
Pretty much all truthers do that. He was either a liar or an incompetent when saying that WTC1 and WTC2 couldn't possibly have been demolished, and at the same time the world's greatest and most honest demolition expert when commenting on WTC7.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:13 PM   #86
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I've always wondered if you were a bot. Surely if you were a human you would know that this thread is about the South Tower.

You were the poster who posted this.

Quote:

And, you posted:

Quote:
MicahJava posted:

The SEC was. They had to rebuild cases from scratch because the evidence was destroyed in WTC 7 with no copies.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 12th October 2017 at 12:20 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:16 PM   #87
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Why are official liars allowed to keep their memes? When a piece of disinfo emerges among the more reasonable citizens who ask questions, it gets attacked like a parasite. When liars like you spread ideas like "all explosives detonate when exposed to heat, and there is no way to protect explosives from heat", where's your sense of decency? Why spend time writing stuff you know is BS?

As a reminder, 9/11 CD explosions claims were fabricated and such claims have been used to make the 9/11 Truth Movement a laughing stock and it worked!
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:24 PM   #88
skyeagle409
Master Poster

You should read this:

Collapse or Explosion? A Discussion of the "Sounds of Explosions" Issue by Adam Taylor.

Also my suggestion: What if pre-positioned heating elements could weaken the steel very quickly before relatively small kicker charges are then used? You would need less explosive that way.

Never happened! Once again, there was no sound of explosions on video or audio nor even detected by seismographs and remember, no CD explosive hardware found at ground zero because no such events occurred.
Old 12th October 2017, 02:22 PM   #89
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

No idea you are the one with BS, aka lots of lies about 9/11

... Why spend time writing stuff you know is BS?
Good question, why do you spread lies about 9/11... lol, you don't know it is BS.

See, I ask questions, and answer them. I ask you why you spread lies? Than I answer, Because you have no idea your lies are BS.

16 years of asking questions, and not able to figure out 9/11.

9/11 truth, asking questions, ignoring the answers; 16 years of failure.

Last edited by beachnut; 12th October 2017 at 02:28 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:24 PM   #90
MicahJava
Master Poster

Have you heard of Danny Jowenko?
He was a Dutch entrepreneur, specializing in explosive demolition. In 2006, in an interview with a Dutch TV program, he came to the ad-hoc opinion, after seeing one silent video of WTC7, and before getting the information that Building 7 had suffered one of the worst building fires in history, that this was a "controlled demolition". Since then, many truthers, including AE911Truth, have adopted Jowenko as an expert witness for their cause.

In the very same video, Jowenko had expressed an opinion about "explosive demolition" at the twin towers: That this was "impossible".
Do you know the REASONS Jowenko, AE911Truth's expert witness for CD, gave for that assessment?
I give you a hint: It has to do with fires and what fires do to CD charges and their detonators and wiring.
Perhaps you can guess?
Will you call Jowenko a liar?
Commercial demolition is done to save money.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:30 PM   #91
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Never happened! Once again, there was no sound of explosions on video or audio nor even detected by seismographs and remember, no CD explosive hardware found at ground zero because no such events occurred.
They didn't look.

You know, I like to think that I take extra care to not make my comments here misleading like that. Why don't you?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:33 PM   #92
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

They didn't look.

You know, I like to think that I take extra care to not make my comments here misleading like that. Why don't you?
False:

Quote:
Staten Island recovery site material
Description: This rake, pitchfork, detective’s windbreaker, and sign were used at the Staten Island recovery site, also known as Fresh Kills Landfill.

Context: To facilitate the search and clean-up of the World Trade Center collapse, the 1.45 million tons of debris were sent to Fresh Kills, an old landfill on Staten Island. Using rakes, sifting tables, and heavy equipment, workers spread out the debris and meticulously examined it for even the smallest pieces of evidence. The site was staffed by members of the FBI, FDNY, NYPD, and other government agencies. In all, 54,000 personal objects were recovered and 1,200 victims identified.
Old 12th October 2017, 03:24 PM   #93
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
False:
Sounds like they were looking for human remains and personal affects. There has never been an investigation like that for the possibility of explosives. I heard something about how early on the FBI were looking at the possibility of explosive devices on the airplanes, but that's it. Why would anybody not trained to investigate the possibility explosives/CD be expected to find pieces of demolition devices?
Old 12th October 2017, 03:29 PM   #94
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm. I asked two questions. You quoted both of them. Which one did you answer? Let's see...
Oy: "Jowenko had expressed an opinion about "explosive demolition" at the twin towers: That this was "impossible". Do you know the REASONS Jowenko, AE911Truth's expert witness for CD, gave for that assessment?"
MJ: "Commercial demolition is done to save money."
Hm?! Makes no sense. Then the other question?
Oy: "Will you call Jowenko a liar?"
MJ: "Commercial demolition is done to save money."
Makes no sense either!

MicahJava, try quoting my previous post again, and this time, address the questions I asked, please
Old 12th October 2017, 03:31 PM   #95
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Sounds like they were looking for human remains and personal affects. There has never been an investigation like that for the possibility of explosives. I heard something about how early on the FBI were looking at the possibility of explosive devices on the airplanes, but that's it. Why would anybody not trained to investigate the possibility explosives/CD be expected to find pieces of demolition devices?
Hey nifty, we just went from "they didn't look" to they looked but weren't trained, or something.

Fantastic! Progress.

Now they looked, but if I was going to answer your question, what I would say is, hey why did they "not" look? And maybe I'd head over to iSkep and and read a thread about things like the initial "boom" at which point i would learn that, there was no initial boom, in fact there were no sounds whatsoever that could be associated with controlled demolition, so maybe I'd say hey maybe it was "hush a boom" or super magic thermite, add when we went to look for traces of it in the dust, we'd claim that paint chips were super magic thermite, and claim it was not paint by scrapping some paint off the football bleachers in *********** Utah because:

SCIENCE!!
Old 12th October 2017, 03:33 PM   #96
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Sounds like they were looking for human remains and personal affects. ...
And evidence. Why did you leave out the word evidence? See, here is what you were presented with:
Quote:
Staten Island recovery site material
Description: This rake, pitchfork, detective’s windbreaker, and sign were used at the Staten Island recovery site, also known as Fresh Kills Landfill.

Context: To facilitate the search and clean-up of the World Trade Center collapse, the 1.45 million tons of debris were sent to Fresh Kills, an old landfill on Staten Island. Using rakes, sifting tables, and heavy equipment, workers spread out the debris and meticulously examined it for even the smallest pieces of evidence. The site was staffed by members of the FBI, FDNY, NYPD, and other government agencies. In all, 54,000 personal objects were recovered and 1,200 victims identified.
I added a bit of color to drop your nose on the fact that the FBI and NYPD were looking for evidence

Can you please rework your reply in a way that makes it ... honest? Thanks!
Old 12th October 2017, 03:33 PM   #97
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You missed it, the terrorists used planes, they did not bring explosives. 16 years, and you missed the truth, and decided to spread lies about explosives which the terrorists did not bring.

FBI? How do you know what they looked at? Got a source? no
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:27 PM   #98
skyeagle409
Master Poster

They didn't look.

No need to look for something that would have been obvious in plain sight and sound. Your response doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Quote:
You know, I like to think that I take extra care to not make my comments here misleading like that.

Just to let you know that you have been failing in that regard. Now, explain to us why no evidence of CD was ever found at ground zero.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 12th October 2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:38 PM   #99
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

And with the exception of the oil binders used in commercial v military explosives, all the same rules apply.

They burn without detonating when exposed to fire.

Any alternative facts you feel compelled to post, or have you abandoned the CD fairy tale?

Old 12th October 2017, 04:45 PM   #100
skyeagle409
Master Poster

16 years and counting and still, you have failed to provide evidence of explosives.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:57 PM   #101
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Sounds like they were looking for human remains and personal affects.
Using your logic, they somehow overlooked the thousands of tons of steel lying around at ground zero because they were busy looking for human remains and personal affects.

Quote:
There has never been an investigation like that for the possibility of explosives.

Since there was no visual, audio, seismic, or physical evidence, why waste the time looking for something for which it was obvious why no evidence existed?

Quote:
I heard something about how early on the FBI were looking at the possibility of explosive devices on the airplanes, but that's it. Why would anybody not trained to investigate the possibility explosives/CD be expected to find pieces of demolition devices?

Just to let you know there were experienced people looking around at ground zero.

Quote:
August 8, 2006: No Explosives Used in WTC Collapse, Says Demolition Industry Leader

Brent Blanchard, a leading professional and writer in the controlled demolition industry, publishes a 12-page report that says it refutes claims that the World Trade Center was destroyed with explosives. The report is published on ImplosionWorld.com, a demolition industry website edited by Blanchard.

Blanchard is also director of field operations for Protec Documentation Services, Inc., a company specializing in monitoring construction-related demolitions. In his report, Blanchard says that Protec had portable field seismographs in “several sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn” on 9/11.

http://www.historycommons.org/entity...nt_blanchard_1
Old 12th October 2017, 04:59 PM   #102
bknight
Critical Thinker

And this is our reasonable citizen asking questions. You don't even read what others post, just your CT site disinfo.

Firstly re-read your OP, then listen to the video, and tell everyone where the boom is. Maybe that will allow you to see where you fail so badly.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:22 PM   #103
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

MicahJava, try quoting my previous post again, and this time, address the questions I asked, please
He can't. He's too busy upholding the teachings of "truth".

Like he preaches the investigators were only looking for human remains:
Volunteer: "What's all this det cord and blasting remains doing here?"

Boss: "Who cares, we're not looking for that, pay attention numb nuts".

Volunteer: "Couldn't this be important?"

Boss: "Stop thinking, that's my job".

Volunteer: "OK boss, I will never, ever tell anyone what I saw".

Boss: "Good, here's a cookie".

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 12th October 2017 at 05:23 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:18 PM   #104
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
He can't. He's too busy upholding the teachings of "truth".

Like he preaches the investigators were only looking for human remains:
Volunteer: "What's all this det cord and blasting remains doing here?"

Boss: "Who cares, we're not looking for that, pay attention numb nuts".

Volunteer: "Couldn't this be important?"

Boss: "Stop thinking, that's my job".

Volunteer: "OK boss, I will never, ever tell anyone what I saw".

Boss: "Good, here's a cookie".
Not only is det cord available in a variety of colors and widths which could be disguised as regular office cables, but why are you forgetting that radio and computer-controlled detonation devices have existed for a long time? Like I said, commercial demolition is done to save money.
Old 12th October 2017, 06:23 PM   #105
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

16 years and counting and still, you have failed to provide evidence of explosives.
Judging by their posts, the poster in question may not be much more than 16 years old themselves.

Old 12th October 2017, 06:50 PM   #106
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Not only is det cord available in a variety of colors and widths which could be disguised as regular office cables, but why are you forgetting that radio and computer-controlled detonation devices have existed for a long time? Like I said, commercial demolition is done to save money.

It is clear that you are making things up as you go. As a reminder, demolition explosives make a lot of noise when detonated as in this video.

The Sound of Demolition Explosions Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbcZA297C5I
Old 12th October 2017, 06:52 PM   #107
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Judging by their posts, the poster in question may not be much more than 16 years old themselves.

I think you have something there!!
Old 12th October 2017, 07:04 PM   #108
bknight
Critical Thinker

All I can say is uber face palm moment.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:05 PM   #109
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Like I said, commercial demolition is done to save money.

In other words, the government saved a lot of money blowing up multi-million dollar buildings in order to save time and money destroying evidence that could have been done with hundred dollar shredders or simply by removing hard drives.

No wonder truthers are prime candidates for designer straitjackets.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:11 PM   #110
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I think you have something there!!
When I got back from my last go-round in 2004 My family/friends threw a nice party for me.

At that party, my cousin's daughter (who was a college student at the time) was kind enough to explain to me what was really going on in the Mideast war for oil etc (I had just returned from 6 months in Afghanistan and 6 months in Iraq on contract with Dyn) and got into the 9/11 CD theory.

I had to call a time out. After my attempt at education failed and she went away unsatisfied, her father had a great line.

"Never mind her, she thinks she's runnin' the UN."

She had been out of the US once on vacation, was living at home and was a college student, but in her mind she knew more about the world than I did, even knowing what I had done as a professional even before she was born.

That pretty much sums up MJ and their fellow travelers. I get some awful good laughs based on what various nimrod CTists post here - some good enough to print up and pass around - MJ has provided more than a few good moments. The ventriloquist sound suppressor he invented is almost as a good as the Birdman Homeboy Night sights.

Old 12th October 2017, 07:20 PM   #111
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I'm not forgetting anything. I'm just not relying on imagination only.

You seem to falter when asked for factual evidence. Why is this?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 07:34 PM   #112
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

"commercial demolition is done to save money"?

What does this mean?
Old 12th October 2017, 07:39 PM   #113
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I'm not forgetting anything. I'm just not relying on imagination only.

You seem to falter when asked for factual evidence. Why is this?
Why let facts get in the way of a perfectly good ******** story?

Old 12th October 2017, 07:43 PM   #114
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
"commercial demolition is done to save money"?

What does this mean?

MJ - 'I have no idea what I'm talking about but this sounds OK, maybe nobody will notice."

Old 12th October 2017, 08:55 PM   #115
Axxman300
Master Poster

He didn't "all explosives detonate when exposed to fire", he presented a list of ways to dispose of explosives, one of which is burning. He then said that any charges in WTC7 "would have gone up with the flames", meaning they would have been destroyed by the fire.

Did you know you can use C-4 to heat your morning coffee if you're in the Army or Marines, and you're out in the field, and want your damned coffee hot?

If there were charges in WTC7 the fires would have rendered them inoperative.
Old 12th October 2017, 08:59 PM   #116
Axxman300
Master Poster

By that logic, the collapse took 6 hours.
8 hours to collapse fully. Hardly free-fall speed or whatever.
Old 12th October 2017, 09:02 PM   #117
Axxman300
Master Poster

Llamas are bigger than frogs. Your point?
Old 12th October 2017, 09:50 PM   #118
Axxman300
Master Poster

This is the standard Truther lie: They didn't look.

Before I list all the ways this is wrong I must address the glaring hypocrisy of your statement:

Quote:
I heard something about how early on the FBI were looking at the possibility of explosive devices on the airplanes, but that's it.
If they were looking into the possibility of explosives on the airplanes, where would you have to search? That's right - the buildings the planes struck, AKA Ground Zero.

So within the same question you accuse the FBI of not searching for explosive use at Ground Zero, but looked for explosives on the aircraft...which crashed into the Twin Towers.

To start, over 3,000 people worked to clear Ground Zero, and hundreds of investigators from state, city, and federal agencies were on site. These agencies were: NYPD, NY State Police, FDNY, FBI, ATF, FEMA, OSHA, FAA, and a few others. There were over 100,000 truck-loads of debris, each truck was supervised.
Many of the people working Ground Zero had military backgrounds, others were trained in explosive use, and most steel workers can tell if something's hincky with a beam. Even if it's only 10% of the people working the site could spot explosive damage that's still 300 people. The idea that anybody saw evidence of CD and were silenced is laughable.

The army of investigators could not keep the discovery of explosives a secret. Just looking at the leaks from the FBI during the Bush Administration makes secrecy impossible.

The NYPD would never roll over and look the other way after 23 of their officers were murdered in the Towers. They are ruthless when it comes to cop killers.

FDNY would never cover-up CD, especially after losing so many on 9-11. If anything they'd be out for blood.

Everyone had cell phones with cameras, yet no photos of explosive damage ever surfaced.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:13 AM   #119
Dave Rogers

They didn't look.
You do know, don't you, that all the debris removed from the WTC site to Fresh Kills was fingertip searched by the FBI for anything that might be of interest, and that this extensive and detailed search didn't reveal any components of explosive devices? And do you realize that, at a demolition site, such debris is extensive and unmistakable, not least the metal straps used to position the charges?

Dave

Old 13th October 2017, 04:20 AM   #120
StackOverflow
Scholar

where's your sense of decency? Why spend time writing stuff you know is BS?
You should stand in front of a mirror and repeat the above for, let's say, 5000 times.
StackOverflow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories