ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags dna evidence , murder cases , unsolved crimes , west memphis three

Old 18th August 2016, 05:08 AM   #441
kali1137
Critical Thinker

I said that I did my research quite a long time ago. I don't remember enough detail to make a legit stand against it at this point. I also don't have the time nor the inclination to go back over it all now. It has already run it's course. You seem to really want an argument over this. I simply don't have the desire at this point to go back through, what I remember to be a lot, of case information. I simply made a statement of my opinion on it. I didn't state I absolutely knew anything. If you want to infer from that I am inferior to you because we think differently and I don't feel the need to argue my stand point with you, then I guess I am the stupid one.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2016, 01:16 PM   #442
Desert Fox
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
I said that I did my research quite a long time ago. I don't remember enough detail to make a legit stand against it at this point. I also don't have the time nor the inclination to go back over it all now. It has already run it's course. You seem to really want an argument over this. I simply don't have the desire at this point to go back through, what I remember to be a lot, of case information. I simply made a statement of my opinion on it. I didn't state I absolutely knew anything. If you want to infer from that I am inferior to you because we think differently and I don't feel the need to argue my stand point with you, then I guess I am the stupid one.
Seriously, if somebody has a legitimate reason they can argue for their guilt, I would like to see it.
Old 18th August 2016, 03:18 PM   #443
pipelineaudio
Illuminator

I don't think Kali was going that far, just still had doubts. I don't really see any reasonable doubts, but no need to take her (him?) over the coals about it
Old 18th August 2016, 05:01 PM   #444
Desert Fox
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I don't think Kali was going that far, just still had doubts. I don't really see any reasonable doubts, but no need to take her (him?) over the coals about it
I guess I also see it as a reversal of the burden of proof.
Old 19th August 2016, 05:03 AM   #445
kali1137
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Her, and thank you! I never came on here and said, oh they are guilty as sin. Just that I am not as convinced as others about two of the three. I lean neither one way or the other and the case doesn't interest me as much any more seeing as how what is done is done. I haven't read or researched anything on them in years, thus I cannot back up any statement I would make beyond simply my thoughts/opinions on the subject. I am glad that people get super emotional about cases and want to make sure justice is done. But other opinions are going to happen from time to time.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2016, 08:37 AM   #446
Desert Fox
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
Her, and thank you! I never came on here and said, oh they are guilty as sin. Just that I am not as convinced as others about two of the three. I lean neither one way or the other and the case doesn't interest me as much any more seeing as how what is done is done. I haven't read or researched anything on them in years, thus I cannot back up any statement I would make beyond simply my thoughts/opinions on the subject. I am glad that people get super emotional about cases and want to make sure justice is done. But other opinions are going to happen from time to time.
The case I really get emotional about is the Norfolk Four actually.
Old 24th August 2016, 09:55 AM   #447
Strawberry
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Desert Fox View Post
Seriously, if somebody has a legitimate reason they can argue for their guilt, I would like to see it.
In my lengthy experience of arguing with nons in the WM3 case, their arguments for guilt are based on two things...

1) Jessie's confession
2) Exhibit 500

There are overly ambitious, or possibly overly naive, nons who try and work in such things as the whiskey bottle, the pendant or the alibis (or lack of), but largely their perception of guilt boils down to - Jessie confessed and Damien was a bad egg.

Interestingly, I've yet to meet a non who isn't embarrassed by the whole Satanic thing, even though that's what underpinned the case for the prosecution at both trials.
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2016, 04:05 PM   #448
Lerxst
Muse

Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
In my lengthy experience of arguing with nons in the WM3 case, their arguments for guilt are based on two things...

1) Jessie's confession
2) Exhibit 500

There are overly ambitious, or possibly overly naive, nons who try and work in such things as the whiskey bottle, the pendant or the alibis (or lack of), but largely their perception of guilt boils down to - Jessie confessed and Damien was a bad egg.

Interestingly, I've yet to meet a non who isn't embarrassed by the whole Satanic thing, even though that's what underpinned the case for the prosecution at both trials.
That's been my experience as well. I lurked for many years on both message boards and saw things develop in that time. I remember when Mark Byers changed his mind from a non to a supporter, and the focus on Terry Hobbs. Vicki Hutcheson admitting she made up the whole story about Echols bragging about the murders at the "cult meeting". The DNA testing that excluded all three suspects... At that point the nons could only hold on to the confession and that Damien seemed like the kid of guy who could have done it.
Lerxst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2016, 04:38 PM   #449
Strawberry
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
That's been my experience as well. I lurked for many years on both message boards and saw things develop in that time. I remember when Mark Byers changed his mind from a non to a supporter, and the focus on Terry Hobbs. Vicki Hutcheson admitting she made up the whole story about Echols bragging about the murders at the "cult meeting". The DNA testing that excluded all three suspects... At that point the nons could only hold on to the confession and that Damien seemed like the kid of guy who could have done it.
Pretty much.

In the interest of accuracy, I should have said in my post above that nons rely on Jessie's confessions, not confession. They, in my experience universally, see the fact that his confession was repeated as an insurmountable smoking gun.
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2016, 04:30 AM   #450
Samson
Philosopher

Watching the movie West of Memphis it is stunning to see the prosecutor produce a weapon in court, and despite knowing it was thrown in the lake a year before the murders, claim it was the knife used. He had the media and photographers on hand to record the murder weapon being trawled from the deeps, yet knew he was fabricating in cold blood.
Fogleman.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2016, 05:31 AM   #451
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Watching the movie West of Memphis it is stunning to see the prosecutor produce a weapon in court, and despite knowing it was thrown in the lake a year before the murders, claim it was the knife used. He had the media and photographers on hand to record the murder weapon being trawled from the deeps, yet knew he was fabricating in cold blood.
Fogleman.
I don't recall that the knife was known to have been thrown in that lake a year earlier, but I know they never connected the knife to the WM3 or to the murders.
John Jones is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2016, 11:37 AM   #452
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I don't recall that the knife was known to have been thrown in that lake a year earlier, but I know they never connected the knife to the WM3 or to the murders.
Rereading the thread it appears you watched West of Memphis, the film seems to prove Terry Hobbs killed the boys alone, and the other guy David became a tortured alibi for years, finally telling the whole tale. Terry Hobbs confessed to his brother.
Fogleman knew the knife was thrown in the lake a year before the murders, and so on. This case is first equal in treachery with many others I am watching.
Steven Avery, Mark Lundy, David Tamihere, the list goes on.
Jack Daniel McCullough who was released recently because he was exonerated of Maria Riddulph's murder is another. The judge ruled as hearsay his bulletproof alibi in one of the worst judicial events.

However, I am yet to find a case where police and prosecutors have not been proven to have lied, introduced evidence they know to be false, on the path to getting innocents behind bars.
I believe it can probably be shown lying is always needed.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2016, 02:34 AM   #453
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
Schrodinger's Cat,

The HBO documentary Paradise Lost might have been part of it. From what I recall reading, the documentarians went there to do a "what is wrong with today's youth" story, and IMO they ended up with a "what is wrong with today's adults" story.
I have been catching up with the saga in detail, so this olde post deserves the bump of a life time. Thanks Chris.
Old 16th October 2016, 06:08 AM   #454
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Rereading the thread it appears you watched West of Memphis, the film seems to prove Terry Hobbs killed the boys alone, and the other guy David became a tortured alibi for years, finally telling the whole tale. Terry Hobbs confessed to his brother.
Fogleman knew the knife was thrown in the lake a year before the murders, and so on. This case is first equal in treachery with many others I am watching.
Steven Avery, Mark Lundy, David Tamihere, the list goes on.
Jack Daniel McCullough who was released recently because he was exonerated of Maria Riddulph's murder is another. The judge ruled as hearsay his bulletproof alibi in one of the worst judicial events.

However, I am yet to find a case where police and prosecutors have not been proven to have lied, introduced evidence they know to be false, on the path to getting innocents behind bars.
I believe it can probably be shown lying is always needed.
I lived in the area at the time of the murders. That cop Gary Gitchell quit the West Memphis PD and took a job as head of security for the school system my daughters attended. I told them to never say anything to him, and to call me if they ever crossed paths.
John Jones is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2016, 10:02 PM   #455
Samson
Philosopher

I lived in the area at the time of the murders. That cop Gary Gitchell quit the West Memphis PD and took a job as head of security for the school system my daughters attended. I told them to never say anything to him, and to call me if they ever crossed paths.
A case for the connoisseur. It really does have everything, corruption to the rotten core. Judge David Burnett seems to have acted with malice at every step.

Watch this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEp9....be&t=1h23m32s

It seems to go like this.
Carson's youth counselor tells Carson the details of the crime Jason is accused of.
Carson later tells the counselor Jason confessed to him and he will testify at trial.
The counselor calls defense attorney and says Carson is a liar.
The defence try to call the counselor as a witness, Judge Burnett refuses, so the liar gets to testify, unchallenged by a reliable professional.

Last edited by Samson; 17th October 2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 20th October 2016, 05:56 PM   #456
Desert Fox
Philosopher

A case for the connoisseur. It really does have everything, corruption to the rotten core. Judge David Burnett seems to have acted with malice at every step.

Watch this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEp9....be&t=1h23m32s

It seems to go like this.
Carson's youth counselor tells Carson the details of the crime Jason is accused of.
Carson later tells the counselor Jason confessed to him and he will testify at trial.
The counselor calls defense attorney and says Carson is a liar.
The defence try to call the counselor as a witness, Judge Burnett refuses, so the liar gets to testify, unchallenged by a reliable professional.
Calling Burnett a judge is bad comedy. . . .One of his expert witnesses was a n expert at satanic cults who got his degree through a diploma mill. On the other side, he would not let an actual expert at false confessions speak effectively at all.
Old 20th October 2016, 06:46 PM   #457
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Calling Burnett a judge is bad comedy. . . .One of his expert witnesses was a n expert at satanic cults who got his degree through a diploma mill. On the other side, he would not let an actual expert at false confessions speak effectively at all.
That 'expert' was a clown. He testified that presence of blood was sign of a satanic ritual. He later said that the victims blood would be collected and saved by the satanists for use in later rituals, so the absence of blood was also proof of satanic ritual.

There was no blood collected at the scene.
Old 20th October 2016, 08:56 PM   #458
Samzilla
Thinker

wasn't the same "satanic" bs rolled out at the cameron todd willingham trial because he had, gasp, iron maiden posters!
Samzilla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2016, 09:03 PM   #459
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
wasn't the same "satanic" bs rolled out at the cameron todd willingham trial because he had, gasp, iron maiden posters!
in this case, it was a Metallica poster and a stack of black tee shirts. Yes, they entered a stack of t-shirts as evidence of satanic rituals
Old 21st October 2016, 03:43 AM   #460
Samson
Philosopher

in this case, it was a Metallica poster and a stack of black tee shirts. Yes, they entered a stack of t-shirts as evidence of satanic rituals
And the trial was relived by Andy Sixx and Black Veil Brides.
The kids played this till the intro was etched in my mind.

My surprise to hear the provenance from Paradise Lost, prosecutor Fogleman and mail order doctor......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDCHdKbKBY

Last edited by Samson; 21st October 2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 24th October 2016, 07:52 AM   #461
Desert Fox
Philosopher

That 'expert' was a clown. He testified that presence of blood was sign of a satanic ritual. He later said that the victims blood would be collected and saved by the satanists for use in later rituals, so the absence of blood was also proof of satanic ritual.

There was no blood collected at the scene.
My issue is that judges are suppose to act as gate keepers to keep crazy crap out of their courthouse. The judge is this case let almost anything that the prosecution wanted while nothing the defense did.

I think the only reason that they did not allow Jesse's confession in the trial of Damian and Jason was because he realized that would have esulted in a mistrial.
Old 24th October 2016, 08:01 AM   #462
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

My issue is that judges are suppose to act as gate keepers to keep crazy crap out of their courthouse. The judge is this case let almost anything that the prosecution wanted while nothing the defense did.
Exactly

I think the only reason that they did not allow Jesse's confession in the trial of Damian and Jason was because he realized that would have esulted in a mistrial.
Or an acquittal.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:40 AM   #463
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Would YOU pose with a self-professed satanist and notorious childkiller/sodomist/rapist and call him a friend?

Your heroine does.

If this picture doesn't turn your stomach...

Hmmm. I see a photo of Knox standing next to a man who a) has a very credible case for wrongful conviction as far as I can see, and b) was effectively forced into accepting an Alford Plea (a horribly misused tool and an affront to justice in the US which needs urgent reform) in order simply to get out of prison.

But what does any of this have to do with Knox's involvement (or otherwise) in the Kercher murder? If Knox had a photograph of her stood next to (say) Obama or Justin Trudeau, would this (per your strange apparent assessment of these things) make it less likely that she was involved in the Kercher murder? If she was photographed next to (say) Rolf Harris or OJ Simpson, would this (per your strange apparent assessment) make it any more likely that she was involved in the Kercher murder?

And.... "Heroine"?? Oh dear.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 11:07 AM   #464
Stacyhs
Master Poster

Would YOU pose with a self-professed satanist and notorious childkiller/sodomist/rapist and call him a friend?

Your heroine does.

If this picture doesn't turn your stomach...
Echols is not a "self-professed Satanist". It was the prosecution that claimed that despite there being no evidence of it. Echols has never claimed to be a Satanist.

As for being a "notorious childkiller/sodomist/rapist" that conviction was so tenuous that the prosecutor offered an Alford deal because the chances of getting a conviction in a new trial were poor. NO DNA or other evidence of any of the West Memphis defendants was found at the crime scene although DNA not belonging to the victims was found.

Out of curiosity, what evidence do you think proves Echols and his co-defendants guilty?

Last edited by Stacyhs; 12th October 2017 at 11:20 AM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:05 PM   #465
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Echols is not a "self-professed Satanist". It was the prosecution that claimed that despite there being no evidence of it. Echols has never claimed to be a Satanist.

As for being a "notorious childkiller/sodomist/rapist" that conviction was so tenuous that the prosecutor offered an Alford deal because the chances of getting a conviction in a new trial were poor. NO DNA or other evidence of any of the West Memphis defendants was found at the crime scene although DNA not belonging to the victims was found.

Out of curiosity, what evidence do you think proves Echols and his co-defendants guilty?
Er, he had extensive preknowledge of the c rime, of facts police had not released to the public. Two of his own relatives witnessed him walking away fromt he crime scene covered in mud. Police found muddy shoes at his home.

A blob of blue wax found on one of the little boy's shirt matched exactly a candle found at Echols' girlfriends house.

Jessie Misskelley described in detail - about five confessions at different ties - what happened, and it correlated with the crime scene.

None of the three had an alibi, all had histories of occult dabbling (torturing, killing and eating dogs). Baldwin had a knife, retrieved from the lake which matched some of the knife wounds.

All three got friends and family to give them fake alibis - a bit like Knox and Sollecito - claiming to have been home with friends and family during the murder.

Both Baldwin and Echols had several witnesses to the fact they liked to suck blood whenever they saw it.

Police investigated hundreds of possible suspects, so did not 'pick on Echols and Baldwin' because they liked Megadeth.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile. ~ John Newman 1834
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:11 PM   #466
bagels
Graduate Poster

Er, he had extensive preknowledge of the c rime, of facts police had not released to the public. Two of his own relatives witnessed him walking away fromt he crime scene covered in mud. Police found muddy shoes at his home.

A blob of blue wax found on one of the little boy's shirt matched exactly a candle found at Echols' girlfriends house.

Jessie Misskelley described in detail - about five confessions at different ties - what happened, and it correlated with the crime scene.

None of the three had an alibi, all had histories of occult dabbling (torturing, killing and eating dogs). Baldwin had a knife, retrieved from the lake which matched some of the knife wounds.

All three got friends and family to give them fake alibis - a bit like Knox and Sollecito - claiming to have been home with friends and family during the murder.

Both Baldwin and Echols had several witnesses to the fact they liked to suck blood whenever they saw it.

Police investigated hundreds of possible suspects, so did not 'pick on Echols and Baldwin' because they liked Megadeth.
If only they were smart enough to get a random crook to leave DNA and bloody prints all over their crime scene.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:38 PM   #467
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Hmmm. I see a photo of Knox standing next to a man who a) has a very credible case for wrongful conviction as far as I can see, and b) was effectively forced into accepting an Alford Plea (a horribly misused tool and an affront to justice in the US which needs urgent reform) in order simply to get out of prison.

But what does any of this have to do with Knox's involvement (or otherwise) in the Kercher murder? If Knox had a photograph of her stood next to (say) Obama or Justin Trudeau, would this (per your strange apparent assessment of these things) make it less likely that she was involved in the Kercher murder? If she was photographed next to (say) Rolf Harris or OJ Simpson, would this (per your strange apparent assessment) make it any more likely that she was involved in the Kercher murder?

And.... "Heroine"?? Oh dear.

Oh dear. Here we go rationalising again.

You are either Mr. Gullible, or Disingenuous.

Or maybe you feel people shouldn't be punished for crimes, just like your idol.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:51 PM   #468
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bagels View Post
If only they were smart enough to get a random crook to leave DNA and bloody prints all over their crime scene.
The blood and DNA of one of the innocent little boys was found on a pendant belonging to Echols.

One of the boys cried, 'Help us, help us', and instead he was bludgeoned, as witnessed by Misskelley.

Shame on you for supporting obvious murderers.
Old 12th October 2017, 01:09 PM   #469
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

The blood and DNA of one of the innocent little boys was found on a pendant belonging to Echols.

One of the boys cried, 'Help us, help us', and instead he was bludgeoned, as witnessed by Misskelley.

Shame on you for supporting obvious murderers.
Nowhere I have read that the boys' DNA was found on a pendant of Echols. You seem very consistent in lying to paint people guilty. Why?

Misskelley had an IQ of 72, was underage and was interrogated for 12 hours without his parents and without any representation. Interesting, that he was one recorded for 45 minutes.

Last edited by acbytesla; 12th October 2017 at 01:13 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 01:32 PM   #470
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Nowhere I have read that the boys' DNA was found on a pendant of Echols. You seem very consistent in lying to paint people guilty. Why?

Misskelley had an IQ of 72, was underage and was interrogated for 12 hours without his parents and without any representation. Interesting, that he was one recorded for 45 minutes.
In the past his IQ had been measured as much as 84 and 88. He was still within the normal range at 72 as you have to be <65 to get automatic welfare for a low IQ.

He was perfectly normal, albeit perhaps a bit 'thick'. He testified on tape that the police treated him well, he had been read his rights, that he could refuse to answer and that he was welcome to have a lawyer with him.

His accounts were highly detailed and fit the crime scene. For someone who's supposed to be a challenged learner, he sure spun a good story if he was lying. He initially tried to mislead the police about timings, but his core witness statements were consistent and unchanging, with minor contradictions here and there, which is why the police asked him to come back for more questioning.

Misskelley - like Guede - claimed to have witnessed the murders, but had nothing to do with it himself. Yet he freely admitted he chased Michael Moore (one of the boys) and bludgeoned him.

He described how the boys had died, correctly. He described how 'the blond boy' (Byers, who had white blonde hair) had his genitals cut off and died quickly.

Seriously, a mentally-challenged person, or even a highly gifted one, would not have been able to have made up such a fantastically appalling story, yet which astonishingly, turned out to be an accurate summary of what happened, and matched the police and pathologists' theories.

All three - Echols, Baldwin and Miskelley - all consistently failed the polygraph (lie detector test), and these tests aren't allowable evidence in court, but speaks volumes.

Would I be right in thinking you have been given spin by Defence Gun For Hire, John Douglas, who has been championing people like Knox, Avery and the West Memphis Three?

He is a liar and thoroughly dishonorable.

Last edited by Vixen; 12th October 2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12th October 2017, 02:09 PM   #471
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

In the past his IQ had been measured as much as 84 and 88. He was still within the normal range at 72 as you have to be <65 to get automatic welfare for a low IQ.

He was perfectly normal, albeit perhaps a bit 'thick'. He testified on tape that the police treated him well, he had been read his rights, that he could refuse to answer and that he was welcome to have a lawyer with him.

His accounts were highly detailed and fit the crime scene. For someone who's supposed to be a challenged learner, he sure spun a good story if he was lying. He initially tried to mislead the police about timings, but his core witness statements were consistent and unchanging, with minor contradictions here and there, which is why the police asked him to come back for more questioning.

Misskelley - like Guede - claimed to have witnessed the murders, but had nothing to do with it himself. Yet he freely admitted he chased Michael Moore (one of the boys) and bludgeoned him.

He described how the boys had died, correctly. He described how 'the blond boy' (Byers, who had white blonde hair) had his genitals cut off and died quickly.

Seriously, a mentally-challenged person, or even a highly gifted one, would not have been able to have made up such a fantastically appalling story, yet which astonishingly, turned out to be an accurate summary of what happened, and matched the police and pathologists' theories.

All three - Echols, Baldwin and Miskelley - all consistently failed the polygraph (lie detector test), and these tests aren't allowable evidence in court, but speaks volumes.

Would I be right in thinking you have been given spin by Defence Gun For Hire, John Douglas, who has been championing people like Knox, Avery and the West Memphis Three?

You're the one that is a liar. You just said one of the victim's DNA was found on Echols pendant. So before you go on spouting lies about another case, why don't you start with admitting you lied in your post about the DNA or provide a citation. Frankly, I'm sick of having a conversation with someone who exaggerates and lies about everything as we have seen you do in the Kercher case.
Old 12th October 2017, 02:09 PM   #472
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

No you would not be right.

It would be helpful if you could tell us your bona fides to justify uttering such slander.

No matter. Your post carries no weight and represents well the stupid positions you hold and things you just make up.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 12th October 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:56 PM   #473
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
I do, and heck, I'll have to confess, that back then (in late 2011) I was impressed...

It was an interesting time back then, wasn't it?

The real sources were few and hard to find.
PMF.org had a "working" photo gallery and a few translations, IIP had a few (translated) court documents, TJMK had the powerpoints and a lot of opinion, friendsofamanda had the CSI photos and videos, and PMF.net had "FOAKer Tuesday"... And this forum (JREF back then) was the place to go to, if you wanted to hear both sides...

The interesting thing is, that now - almost 10 years after Meredith Kercher was murdered by Rudy Guede - the reporting about "the case" has gone back to cartwheels, kisses and underwear. Here is a podcast I stopped listening to after Nancy Grace put "Bubbles" into the same league as "Victoria's Secret"

Speaking of podcasts, someone should tell Mr van der Leek and Ms Wilson, that the Daily Mail is not a source.
Btw. giggling and laughing Ms Wilson plays the part of the stupid blonde in this podcast just perfectly...
Man, I can't stand Nancy Grace. Her objectivity is non-existent. I would listen to the podcast but I detest her so much that my blood boils if I hear her talk for more than a few seconds.
Old 12th October 2017, 03:09 PM   #474
Methos
Muse

Man, I can't stand Nancy Grace. Her objectivity is non-existent. I would listen to the podcast but I detest her so much that my blood boils if I hear her talk for more than a few seconds.
I tried to listen, but that high pitched, agitated voice of her, and the above mentioned "Bubbles=Victoria's Secret" thing, caused my check out...
Question from a German:"That woman was on TV and popular in the US?"
Old 12th October 2017, 03:26 PM   #475
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
I tried to listen, but that high pitched, agitated voice of her, and the above mentioned "Bubbles=Victoria's Secret" thing, caused my check out...
Question from a German:"That woman was on TV and popular in the US?"
I just can't listen. She always starts from the position that the defendant is guilty and taints every discussion from that perspective. I watched her many times talk about how she was privy to evidence in this case that was not available to the populous yet she never produced it.

Nothing I enjoyed more than when Casey Anthony was acquitted. Not because I had much opinion on the case other then I thought the evidence about the trunk of her car was bogus. No, it was because Grace in her arrogant snide way was wrong about the jury verdict and I thought she was going to have a stroke.
Old 12th October 2017, 03:49 PM   #476
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I just can't listen. She always starts from the position that the defendant is guilty and taints every discussion from that perspective. I watched her many times talk about how she was privy to evidence in this case that was not available to the populous yet she never produced it.

Nothing I enjoyed more than when Casey Anthony was acquitted. Not because I had much opinion on the case other then I thought the evidence about the trunk of her car was bogus. No, it was because Grace in her arrogant snide way was wrong about the jury verdict and I thought she was going to have a stroke.
I see. Your views are taken from the mass media and are based on personalities.

So if someone comes from Seattle they are cool with you. If you don't like someone's voice, you are happy a woman who almost certainly had a hand in the murder of her child gets away with it.

How very shallow.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:12 PM   #477
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I see. Your views are taken from the mass media and are based on personalities.

So if someone comes from Seattle they are cool with you. If you don't like someone's voice, you are happy a woman who almost certainly had a hand in the murder of her child gets away with it.

How very shallow.
You're wrong. So what is new. I admit not liking Grace's voice. I also didn't like Hillary Clinton or Patty Murray's voice and I voted for both of them. Murray multiple times. No, what I really despised about Nancy Grace was her attitude and lack of objectivity.

BTW, Are you going to admit being a liar about Echols' pendant? Or do you have a citation? I'm waiting.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:42 PM   #478
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

You're wrong. So what is new. I admit not liking Grace's voice. I also didn't like Hillary Clinton or Patty Murray's voice and I voted for both of them. Murray multiple times. No, what I really despised about Nancy Grace was her attitude and lack of objectivity.

BTW, Are you going to admit being a liar about Echols' pendant? Or do you have a citation? I'm waiting.
Oh dear, an Echols fan. There is a pattern emerging.

Quote:
Going back to the necklace, if Damien was guilty the very fact that blood was located on an item of clothing belonging to him (the necklace) would be yet another strong corroborating item of guilt. Its difficult to explain away blood from both himself and a second individual in an innocent manner that does not point to guilt in the homicides. And if Damien was the one who killed Stevie Branch, as Jessie Misskelley had stated, then not only would Damiens DNA be on the ligatures but there would exist evidence, such as blood which would be upon his person, and it was. And if Damien was the person who killed Stevie Branch, then the blood would then be that of Stevie Branch DNA testing showed that of the victims, the blood was consistent with that of Stevie Branch, further corroborating Jessies confession. IN BOTH INSTANCES of Damien Echols and DNA connecting him to the crime it always seemed to connect him to the murder of Stevie Branch. A coincidence? Very unlikely.
https://thewm3revelations.wordpress....chols-and-dna/

And

Quote:
There were three important evidence samples tested. One was a blood stain on a T-shirt from Jessie Misskelley. A second was blood on a knife from John Mark Byers. A third was blood on a pendant worn by Jason Baldwin and Damien Echols. These samples were compared to those of the victims, the three defendants, and the members of the Byers household. (John Mark Byers is not genetically related to Chris Byers.)
<snip>
The blood on Misskelley's t-shirt matched Michael Moore, suggesting guilt but also matched Jessie Misskelley, suggesting he had a shirt with his own blood on it. It was not introduced as evidence. The blood on the pendant matched Steve Branch and Jason Baldwin, and if were a mixed evidence sample could have been claimed to have also match Michael Moore. The judge disallowed this from being introduced as evidence, in part because of its late appearance during the trials. The blood on the knife matched Chris Byers, and his stepfather, John Mark Byers, and as a mixed evidence sample could have been claimed to have also matched Michael Moore and Stevie Branch. It was introduced at trial with John Mark Byers contradicting his earlier statements to police stating he had cut himself with the knife.
https://www.jivepuppi.com/jivepuppi_DNA_part_one.html

Even if Misskelley had taken a video, you would still be denying the obvious.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:49 PM   #479
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Oh dear, an Echols fan. There is a pattern emerging.

https://thewm3revelations.wordpress....chols-and-dna/

And

https://www.jivepuppi.com/jivepuppi_DNA_part_one.html

Even if Misskelley had taken a video, you would still be denying the obvious.
Jive puppi? You cant be serious? This is not a credible source. It's a Nutjob site like PMF. Try again.
Old 12th October 2017, 04:55 PM   #480
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Oh dear.
In 2007, DNA collected from the crime scene was tested. None was found to match DNA from Echols, Baldwin, or Misskelley.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors