ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th October 2017, 08:51 PM   #121
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
Bubba, I hope you understand how foolish this makes Mike Adams appear.

Its really not about that. My guess is you've made an incorrect assumption re my understanding his video.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 10:52 PM   #122
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Every hotel of that size has luggage carts and bellhops. I'd be more surprised if all his stuff didn't arrive at his room in one move. There are many 64 year-old men who are in better shape than their 35 year-old counterparts.

No he does not.

He said Paddock "may have had help at some point", which might be true. What he didn't say was that there was a second shooter. What he said is just good law enforcement, they're investigating every lead instead of limiting their focus.

Nothing fishy unless you want to make it fishy. We know he fired from different windows, and fired at his front door at the security guard, so there will be brass everywhere.
Not to mention the fact that AR platform rifles can be broken down into two parts by simply pulling out the rear takedown pin and the front pivot pin.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:56 AM   #123
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Evidence of Second Shooter in Vegas:

By dissecting the audio from youtube clips, the speaker determines there are two signatures, of two gun-points, one from 450 yards, and another at 250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxmEFeKy8aI
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:56 AM   #124
Argumemnon
World Maker

YTDW.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:58 AM   #125
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

All we need to do is find a grassy knoll at a convenient distance and we are in.
bluesjnr is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:04 AM   #126
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
All we need to do is find a grassy knoll at a convenient distance and we are in.
Did you watch the video?

There are several elevated positions 250 yards away...
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:09 AM   #127
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
By dissecting the audio from youtube clips, the speaker determines there are two signatures, of two gun-points, one from 450 yards, and another at 250.

YouTube clips? Okay, let me ask this: Do you know how YouTube compresses audio? Do you know how the devices from which the videos were uploaded gathered audio? Do you even know which devices running which software originally captured the audio? Do you know how well your computer's speakers reproduce sounds across the spectrum? Do you know what software your computer is using to translate the YouTube output to instructions for your speakers? Do you know exactly where the recording devices were located? Do you know the acoustic qualities of the place the recordings were made?

I'm pretty sure that armchair audio analysis is worthless unless all these questions can be answered. Believing that one can listen to a clip on YouTube and know anything about the original sound of an event is the same as the belief that one could watch "The Perfect Storm" and captain a fishing boat.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:11 AM   #128
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Must be those spacefaring Atlantean proto-Jews. They're probably telepathic too.
This 'claim' is about as credible as any of your other threads.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:18 AM   #129
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
YouTube clips? Okay, let me ask this: Do you know how YouTube compresses audio? Do you know how the devices from which the videos were uploaded gathered audio? Do you even know which devices running which software originally captured the audio? Do you know how well your computer's speakers reproduce sounds across the spectrum? Do you know what software your computer is using to translate the YouTube output to instructions for your speakers? Do you know exactly where the recording devices were located? Do you know the acoustic qualities of the place the recordings were made?

I'm pretty sure that armchair audio analysis is worthless unless all these questions can be answered. Believing that one can listen to a clip on YouTube and know anything about the original sound of an event is the same as the belief that one could watch "The Perfect Storm" and captain a fishing boat.
I'm pretty sure, he used multiple videos...

Armchair?

Ad hominem much?

Last edited by King of the Americas; 12th October 2017 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12th October 2017, 05:48 AM   #130
fagin
Illuminator

Your words.

Look into it...I don't have time.
Time is precious, never waste it.
Take heed.
Old 12th October 2017, 05:49 AM   #131
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

See http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=107

This has already been discussed. His analysis is invalid in multiple ways, even assuming the data he based it on was clean. His method doesn't measure what he thinks it measures, and even then given the limitations of the data he's using I wouldn't give him even an error bar any less than +/-50%, and that's being generous.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:57 AM   #132
Ranb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Its really not about that. My guess is you've made an incorrect assumption re my understanding his video.
It really is about that. It seems that Adams has arrived as a conclusion (there is more than one shooter) and is cherry picking his evidence and making up facts to support it. I'm not even talking about the video he made.
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:58 AM   #133
Argumemnon
World Maker

Ad hominem much?
No.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 05:59 AM   #134
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Folks, it's a YT from noted scumbag Mike Adams. NaturalNews. The Health Ranger. Say no more.

KoTA, do a little research into your ridiculous source. He's about as credible a sound expert as he is credible a marksman as he is credible a health expert, e.g. Not At All.

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:01 AM   #135
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
He's about as credible a sound expert as he is credible a marksman as he is credible a health expert, e.g. Not At All.
I think you meant "i.e."

Old 12th October 2017, 06:21 AM   #136
Loss Leader

I'm pretty sure, he used multiple videos...

That only complicates the problems. Each one would have to be analyzed separately for all of the things I mentioned above before they could be aggregated.

Quote:
Armchair?

Ad hominem much?

How is this an ad hominem attack? "You don't have the expertise or information to do this analysis." That's an attack on the methodology of the study, not whether the experimenter is a good person.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:34 AM   #137
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Your words.

Take heed.
That was taken from another thread.

This topic is serious!
Old 12th October 2017, 06:37 AM   #138
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Folks, it's a YT from noted scumbag Mike Adams. NaturalNews. The Health Ranger. Say no more.

KoTA, do a little research into your ridiculous source. He's about as credible a sound expert as he is credible a marksman as he is credible a health expert, e.g. Not At All.
Admittedly, I did a drive-by, research stint on the Vegas thing.

There are multiple videos showing a lower level shooter, not just the 32 floor one.
Old 12th October 2017, 06:55 AM   #139
Ranb
Philosopher

Admittedly, I did a drive-by, research stint on the Vegas thing.

There are multiple videos showing a lower level shooter, not just the 32 floor one.
But you don't have links?
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 06:59 AM   #140
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
But you don't have links?
'Tis true...maybe later.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:00 AM   #141
Ranb
Philosopher

If you're trying to convince people that you haven't seen a thing, this is the way to do it.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:09 AM   #142
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
I have a new one!
"I swear, those other conspiracy theories are complete nonsense! But my sorcery-devil-worshipper-cult shooter theory makes complete sense!"

Old 12th October 2017, 07:13 AM   #143
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Were other windows found broken out?

Were piles of discarded shells found elsewhere?

When the known shooter stopped shooting, did the shooting continue?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 07:16 AM   #144
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

IIRC, the claims of shooters in other windows is based on supposed muzzle flashes. Until KoA provides an example of what he's talking about, I can't say.

bruto gives the million dollar questions here. But to add my two cents (okay, maybe a quarter), I suspect any other flashes seen were likely the ubiquitous cell phone cameras going off.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 08:39 AM   #145
carlitos
"más divertido"

Flashes of light on the strip in Las Vegas? Get the **** out of here. I can't think of any explanation other than someone shooting a gun.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:55 AM   #146
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Flashes of light on the strip in Las Vegas? Get the **** out of here. I can't think of any explanation other than someone shooting a gun.

Particularly when the one video I've seen of these "muzzle flashes" features a blinking blue light, that blinks at a much slower rate than the bump-fire rifles used.

Now, maybe RanB will correct me, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as blue muzzle flashes.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkZN28oYO4

Last edited by Horatius; 12th October 2017 at 10:58 AM.
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:57 AM   #147
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Particularly when the one video I've seen of these "muzzle flashes" features a blinking blue light, that blinks at a much slower rate than the bump-fire rifles used.

Now, maybe RanB will correct me, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as blue muzzle flashes.
Well, if you hand-loaded your rounds and added some chemicals to the powder...

Hmm. I have a marketing idea. Firework rounds!

But no. Not without going to extreme lengths.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:26 AM   #148
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkZN28oYO4
that's Cherenkov radiation, because the bullets of the second shooter travel faster than light in air.
Area 51 technology.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:29 AM   #149
Ranb
Philosopher

A blue muzzle flash would be new to me. I've seen some incendiary flashes that were a bit blueish white.
Old 12th October 2017, 12:02 PM   #150
Axxman300
Master Poster

If there was someone shooting from another hotel there would have been calls to the front desk, then calls to internal security, and then a call to the police.

Housekeeping would have noticed the odor of cordite (or just someone having fired a weapon a lot).

There are a lot of myths about Las Vegas hotel security. That high-tech stuff and goon squad action is all centered on their casinos (where the money is), and does not extend to the upper guest room floors. The elevators have cameras, the stairwells and hallways do not. Due to their size the upper floors are no regularly, or heavily patrolled by hotel security.

Finally, if there was a second shooter (and there wasn't) why cover this fact up? To what end? Why is two shooters less terrifying than a lone shooter? How is a deranged, heavily armed mass murderer not a frightening concept?

As a reformed CT loon, this crap offends me. What is the objective of this conspiracy? Gun control? Gun ban? Have you noticed the story has dropped from the headlines already? Not much of a conspiracy.
Old 12th October 2017, 12:27 PM   #151
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

And finally

#11:.....

.....So in conclusion Mike Adams is bat poop nutty. But thats OK bubba is persuaded by such nonsense.

All those posts just to get there?

Aawww...you shouldn't have. I'm so flattered.

Last edited by Bubba; 12th October 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:33 PM   #152
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
If there was someone shooting from another hotel there would have been calls to the front desk, then calls to internal security, and then a call to the police.

Housekeeping would have noticed the odor of cordite (or just someone having fired a weapon a lot).

There are a lot of myths about Las Vegas hotel security. That high-tech stuff and goon squad action is all centered on their casinos (where the money is), and does not extend to the upper guest room floors. The elevators have cameras, the stairwells and hallways do not. Due to their size the upper floors are no regularly, or heavily patrolled by hotel security.

Finally, if there was a second shooter (and there wasn't) why cover this fact up? To what end? Why is two shooters less terrifying than a lone shooter? How is a deranged, heavily armed mass murderer not a frightening concept?

As a reformed CT loon, this crap offends me. What is the objective of this conspiracy? Gun control? Gun ban? Have you noticed the story has dropped from the headlines already? Not much of a conspiracy.
That was answered earlier. Conspiracy or not, it is being used by anti-2nd amendment voices in govt.

...and, conspiracy or not, it definitely should be used as reason to stop the crazy.

Last edited by Bubba; 12th October 2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12th October 2017, 12:52 PM   #153
Loss Leader

That was answered earlier. Conspiracy or not, it is being used by anti-2nd amendment voices in govt.

Can you think of an act of gun violence that isn't useful in arguing against acts of gun violence? That's like saying that a particular drowning is being used by advocates for lifeguards.

L. Leader
Old 12th October 2017, 01:15 PM   #154
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Is it possible for a statist to also be a true skeptic ?
Of course not. That is why only anarchists are true skeptics and all the conspiracy theories are true. Or, of course, it might depend on definitions and actual thought, but there's no fun in that.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:07 PM   #155
Jimmy9
Scholar

And so it begins...

http://yournewswire.com/robert-downe...egas-shooting/

The Las Vegas shooting was a “Satanic blood sacrifice to please occult interests“, according to Robert Downey Jr., who claims the establishment elite are now living in fear of President Donald Trump’s attempts to drain the swamp, including his strong campaign to arrest pedophiles.

The elite have now “accelerated their agenda, bringing their endgame closer,” claims Robert Downey Jr., explaining that they want to “turn America into a prison.”

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:17 PM   #156
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
And so it begins...
Fake news stories began right after the shooting.
Old 12th October 2017, 02:18 PM   #157
Matthew Best
Philosopher

And so it begins...

http://yournewswire.com/robert-downe...egas-shooting/

The Las Vegas shooting was a “Satanic blood sacrifice to please occult interests“, according to Robert Downey Jr., who claims the establishment elite are now living in fear of President Donald Trump’s attempts to drain the swamp, including his strong campaign to arrest pedophiles.

The elite have now “accelerated their agenda, bringing their endgame closer,” claims Robert Downey Jr., explaining that they want to “turn America into a prison.”
Until I get a better source, I don't believe Robert Downey Jr said anything of the sort.
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:27 PM   #158
Jimmy9
Scholar

Thats what I thought, Matthew Best.
I always liked the guy so I was surprised to see this crap.
If you read the article he says there was a FEMA drill there that day.
He also says they have special weapons detectors installed so they would have known.
Anyone know if any of that is true?

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:53 PM   #159
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Thats what I thought, Matthew Best.
I always liked the guy so I was surprised to see this crap.
If you read the article he says there was a FEMA drill there that day.
He also says they have special weapons detectors installed so they would have known.
Anyone know if any of that is true?
Until I see a better source I don't believe "he says" anything at all.
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:57 PM   #160
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Can you think of an act of gun violence that isn't useful in arguing against acts of gun violence? That's like saying that a particular drowning is being used by advocates for lifeguards.
Knew that., thanks. I was addressing Axxman.

he said

Quote:
It's not like Trump is banging the drums on gun control, so what's the end-game of a conspiracy behind this event? ... As a reformed CT loon, this crap offends me. What is the objective of this conspiracy? Gun control? Gun ban? Have you noticed the story has dropped from the headlines already? Not much of a conspiracy.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories