ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth

View Poll Results: When will the AE911 petition reach juggernaut strength of 1%?
20 years 2 0.93%
50 years 2 0.93%
Never 79 36.57%
Who cares?….it's retarded anyway..... 133 61.57%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th June 2017, 07:51 AM   #921
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Richard Gage lives in Idaho now.<snip>
Interesting. Has he bought his own bs and has gone down the militia-prepper-nazi rabbit hole or just found a new flock to fleece? Or maybe the IRS is finally closing in with that long overdue audit of his vacation club?

Good exit strategy though. Whether running from the Feds or a bunch of pissed white supremacists, it's good to have the Canadian border just an hour away.

Good riddance - I thought the air was fresher lately - now I know why.

Last edited by AJM8125; 20th June 2017 at 07:53 AM.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2017, 02:01 PM   #922
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

2016 PRIORITES
1.) "WTC 7 Evaluation: AE911Truth is currently funding the first unbiased and transparent computer modeling of WTC 7, which is being conducted by Dr. Leroy Hulsey at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Learn more >>"

2.) "Why Good People Become Silent—Or Worse—About 9/11: This ongoing series of AE911Truth articles by professional counselor Frances Shure, which explores psychological resistance to information that contradicts the official account of 9/11, will be published as a book in September 2016."

3.) "The “How” of Controlled Demolition: AE911Truth will begin researching the methods used in the controlled demolition of World Trade Center Buildings 1, 2, and 7, and will be publishing our findings."

4.) "Weekly Webinars: To be launched in February 2016, AE911Truth’s weekly webinar program will allow founder Richard Gage to give presentations to hundreds of professionals and members of the public each week."

5.) "AIA WTC 7 Resolution: AE911Truth will once again mobilize members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) to submit a resolution to be considered at the AIA National Convention in May. The resolution will call upon the AIA to officially support a new WTC 7 investigation."

6.) "3,000 Milestone: With 2,426 architect and engineer petition signers at present, AE911Truth will strive to reach the 3,000 mark by this year’s 9/11 Anniversary."

7.) "Student Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth: Scheduled to launch this spring, SAE911Truth will be the vehicle for thousands of architecture and engineering students to sign our petition and organize on-campus student groups. When these students graduate, they’ll become signatories of the AE911Truth petition for professionals."

8.) "WTC 7 Evaluation Outreach: AE911Truth will introduce hundreds of student chapters of the American Society of Civil Engineers to the WTC 7 Evaluation study at the University of Alaska Fairbanks."

9.) "Online Video Production: AE911Truth will reach more young people through short, entertaining, science-based videos that are specially primed for going viral."
I don't think I, or anyone else here, or indeed anyone at AE911truth, ever revisited the "2016 PRIORITIES" and how their goals came to pass. I'll try this quickly:

1.) "WTC 7 Evaluation"
As discussed elsewhere, the project continued, as it was scheduled to run through at least April 2017. There was nothing for AE911T to actually do, except to continually publish all aspects of the project as it progressed, which they totally FAILED.

2.) "Why Good People Become Silent—Or Worse—About 9/11 ... will be published as a book in September 2016."
Not in AE's own store, on Amazon, and I never spotted a Newsletter or News item ever again talking about it. FAILED.

3.) "The “How” of Controlled Demolition: AE911Truth will begin researching the methods used in the controlled demolition of World Trade Center Buildings 1, 2, and 7, and will be publishing our findings."
Nothing published yet, no indication that anyone is working on this. FAILED.

4.) [/color][/b] "Weekly Webinars: To be launched in February 2016, AE911Truth’s weekly webinar program will allow founder Richard Gage to give presentations to hundreds of professionals and members of the public each week."
This was done for a while earlier last year, and then faded out, it seems. Has anyone heard of this again? FAILED.

5.) "AIA WTC 7 Resolution: AE911Truth will once again mobilize members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) to submit a resolution to be considered at the AIA National Convention in May. The resolution will call upon the AIA to officially support a new WTC 7 investigation."
In 2016, the increased the AIA vote from 4% to 11%, so that was a moderate SUCCESS.

6.) "3,000 Milestone: With 2,426 architect and engineer petition signers at present, AE911Truth will strive to reach the 3,000 mark by this year’s 9/11 Anniversary."
As documented already in this thread, they got to only about 2650 (+~225 instead of the anticipated +576) by 2016's anniversary, and today, almost a year later, they are still 93 short of that old target. FAILED.

7.) "Student Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth: Scheduled to launch this spring, SAE911Truth will be the vehicle for thousands of architecture and engineering students to sign our petition and organize on-campus student groups. When these students graduate, they’ll become signatories of the AE911Truth petition for professionals."
I don't even know what this is. Searching for the term "Student Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth" on site:ae911truth.org finds only one document, a newsletter dated February 2015, but probably sent February 2016. The term "SAE911Truth" has zero Google hits on their site. This initiative apparently never got out of the "just an idea" stage and has FAILED.

8.) "WTC 7 Evaluation Outreach: AE911Truth will introduce hundreds of student chapters of the American Society of Civil Engineers to the WTC 7 Evaluation study at the University of Alaska Fairbanks."
"Hundreds" = >199. Unless their semantics of "introduce" is equal to "we sent them unsolicited email or an enevelop with a DVD", I have grave doubts 200 or more student chapters of the ASCE ever actually took notice. I am open to evidence they did raise 200 eyebrows - until such notice: FAILED.

9.) "Online Video Production: AE911Truth will reach more young people through short, entertaining, science-based videos that are specially primed for going viral."
Well, they do keep uploading videos, and someone is busy producing translations of old videos to several langauges, so I can't say they did nothing. Then again, glancing at the thumbnails and titles, I do not spot much that is "entertaining", nor anything that went "viral": Most videos have been opened in the 3-digit numbers, the most-often clicked video of 2016 got 7,338 views by today. I'd rate this as a "C for modest effort"

TL;DR:
Richard Gage failed 7 of 9 of his 2016 Priorities, and had moderate success on only 1.
Old 30th August 2017, 05:59 AM   #923
pgimeno
Illuminator

Nothing published yet, no indication that anyone is working on this. FAILED.
I was particularly interested in this one. It would have meant that finally they would be creating an alternative hypothesis, that wasn't instead a mere denial of the validity of the existing ones.

But nothing happened. Either that's not AE911T's cup of tea, or they tried, but they couldn't come up with anything realistic. Hoffman's "explosive ceiling tiles" hypothesis comes to mind.
Old 4th September 2017, 08:37 AM   #924
JSanderO
Master Poster

Free.... series if 911 truth CDs... inbox me and pay the postage..
Old 4th September 2017, 09:38 AM   #925
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Free.... series if 911 truth CDs... inbox me and pay the postage..
What? Content? Whole sentence?

Sent from mobile phone through Tapatalk
Old 4th September 2017, 10:55 AM   #926
JSanderO
Master Poster

blueprint for truth
National Security Alert
loose change final cut 1, 2
What is the truth
What is the matrix
missing links
Old 6th September 2017, 01:39 PM   #927
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
blueprint for truth
National Security Alert
loose change final cut 1, 2
What is the truth
What is the matrix
missing links
I suspect you're over charging asking for postage..................

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2017, 09:34 AM   #928
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

About 3 months ago, I last commented on the "performance" of the AE911Truth Facebook page:

I have several times commented on the implausibility that the dynamics would fluctuate so much. Particularly: Between April and October 2016 (7 months), each month saw more than 220, and up to 550, Likes/day. Since then (7 months), it was under 110 Likes/day every month - and negative (-10) in April, when apparently Facebook deleted more than 2000 Likes or accounts.
2016 had 300 Likes/Day on average, 2017 so far only 1/6 of that.

I am totally convinced that AE911T bought the vast majority of their 110,000 Likes in 2016. I guess that Facebook tipped them off to stop doing that, or else the account might get suspended.
Again, Jan-May 2017, they got 53 new Likes/Day, with a downward trend: 110, 50, 87, -10, 30

Since then, the downward trend has continued for Jun, Jul, Aug with 29, 10, 3 Likes/Day, respectively.

Since about August 20th, they are losing Likes, slowly but steadily, at an average of -13 Likes/Day! That's an annual rate of about -1%. This is interesting in that few Facebook pages ever lose likes. People simply don't bother to actively remove "Likes" they clicked on a long time ago. This is most probably due to either people deleting their Facebook accounts, or perhaps Facebook slowly but steadily finding and eliminating bots.

We are now within 4 days of the 9/11 anniversary, and AE911Truth has picked up media activity lately after a quiet summer with their upcoming release of the WTC7 study. Both factors ought to boost click rate - that they don't tells us that 9/11 Truth cannot be growing.

It also reaffirms that Gage has been buying bot-Likes for quite a while, and doesn't any longer.
Old 7th September 2017, 10:13 AM   #929
benthamitemetric
Critical Thinker

There's been a marked resurgence in the past few weeks of Judy Woodism over at https://www.reddit.com/r/911truth/. Very few other discussion boards even have active threads about 9-11 truth nonsense. The movement has been circling the drain for years, but I think Hulsey just flushed it with a preliminary report based, apparently, on Tony's incredibly obvious logical fallacies. There are like 3 people in that subreddit (which, as far as I can tell, is home to the most active truther discussion anywhere on the internet) who seem impressed with Hulsey's presentation last night and a number who even dared question AE911Truth. It'd be a great moment for popcorn if only more than 5 people posted there at all...
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2017, 02:31 AM   #930
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
.... but I think Hulsey just flushed it with a preliminary report based, apparently, on Tony's incredibly obvious logical fallacies.l...
Both aspects should be "incredibly obvious" viz:
(a) The logical fallacies per se; AND
(b) The "copy-catting" of Szamboti.
What still surprises me in 9/11 discussion is the number of active posters who miss the fundamental base level errors - false foundations for argument. I've several times recently posted this in various forms of wording on "another medium".
Quote:
... In fact Hulsey is wrong at three levels:
1) At the very basis foundation of his logic. He cannot prove either of the negatives "Fire COULD NOT cause" OR "Fire DID NOT cause";
2) At the "mid level" he cannot rely on the false dichotomy "NIST was wrong THEREFORE I am right";
3) At the level of trivial details - which is where we can safely guess truthers will engage in "discussion" and too many debunkers will play the truthers game. << That of course meets the truther goal of "keep the discussion going round in circles because we know we have lost the battle". (Cue: DGM's "sig" )

And the long term players in this game will recognise that "1) False premises" Was Tony Szamboti's long term strategy 2007-2015, AND "2) False Dichotomy" is Tony Szamboti's current strategy 2015>>and continuing.

So we know Hulsey's strings are being pulled by AE911. Any guesses which long term AE911 activist has written the puppeteer's script?
...guess what:
1) No bites even on the somewhat provocative (and presumptive ) style; AND
2) Near zero recognition of the fundamental issue of erroneous basis of his logic.

In my "semi-retirement" from serious posting I don't have the motivation to summarise the history. I'm not aware if anyone has.

BUT the watering down of Hulsey's project goals so that it aligns AFAICS 100% with Szamboti should raise some interest. And it was predicted by several (??) of us from the start. (The watering down - not the possible culprit.)

Last edited by ozeco41; 10th September 2017 at 02:36 AM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2017, 08:22 AM   #931
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Both aspects should be "incredibly obvious" viz:
(a) The logical fallacies per se; AND
(b) The "copy-catting" of Szamboti.
What still surprises me in 9/11 discussion is the number of active posters who miss the fundamental base level errors - false foundations for argument. I've several times recently posted this in various forms of wording on "another medium".
...guess what:
1) No bites even on the somewhat provocative (and presumptive ) style; AND
2) Near zero recognition of the fundamental issue of erroneous basis of his logic.

In my "semi-retirement" from serious posting I don't have the motivation to summarise the history. I'm not aware if anyone has.

BUT the watering down of Hulsey's project goals so that it aligns AFAICS 100% with Szamboti should raise some interest. And it was predicted by several (??) of us from the start. (The watering down - not the possible culprit.)

If your hunch is correct, I wonder if this is an admission that Tony's opinions on the matter carry no weight.

And of course who made the decision to stamp someone else's name to what appears to be Tony's words.
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 04:26 PM   #932
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

NEWS FLASH:

Since yesterday, AE911Truth has deleted 9 of 19 signatures by FAIA "members".
FAIA are "Fellows of the AIA", a prestigeus recognition of lifetime achievements by the AIA. Gage has always been very proud of those signers, so much so that he's listed about half a dozend of them near the top of his list:
http://www.ae911truth.org/signatures/ae.html

Of the remaining 10 FAIAs (do a local string search - Ctrl-F - for "FAIA"), at least one, Eason Cross, is dead.

The 9 FAIAs they deleted are:
Angie Brooks
Stan Eckstut
Paul Oles
William Rakatansky
Charles Redmon
Harry Robinson III
Louis Sirianni
Anne Smith
LeRoy S Troyer

These are the only signatures they deleted.
Old 14th September 2017, 06:23 PM   #933
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

NEWS FLASH:

FAIA are "Fellows of the AIA", a prestigeus recognition of lifetime achievements by the AIA. Gage has always been very proud of those signers, so much so that he's listed about half a dozend of them near the top of his list:

Of the remaining 10 FAIAs (do a local string search - Ctrl-F - for "FAIA"), at least one, Eason Cross, is dead.

Angie Brooks
Stan Eckstut
Paul Oles
William Rakatansky
Charles Redmon
Harry Robinson III
Louis Sirianni
Anne Smith
LeRoy S Troyer

Interesting...
Quote:
Stanton Eckstut, FAIA
Founding Principal
seckstut@eekarchitects.com

Stan Eckstut, EE&K’s senior principal, has a national reputation as an innovator and leader in large-scale architecture extending back over thirty years to his pioneering work designing the master plan for Battery Park City. Stan’s singular understanding of architecture as a practice that creates and sustains the public realm is evident in all his designs, from large-scale waterfront developments and intermodal transportation hubs to campuses, schools, and even prototypes for bus shelters. In each case, his work has strengthened the urban fabric by creating new centers of social and civic activity; as he points out, “even my smallest buildings are about being part of a larger community.” A pragmatic visionary, Stan’s creative exploration of the possibilities of place is tempered by his keen sense of market and political realities.

PROJECTS OF NOTE
Bayside, Toronto
Anting City Center, Shanghai, China
Battery Park City, New York, NY
World Trade Center Site, Traffic & Infrastructure Master Plan, New York, NY
Houston Northern Intermodal Transit Facility, Houston, TX
Queensway Bay, Long Beach, CA
Rainbow Harbor, Long Beach, CA
Hollywood & Highland, Los Angeles, CA
Paseo Colorado, Pasadena, CA
Circle Centre Mall & Artsgarden, Indianapolis, IN
Queens County Criminal Courthouse, Queens, NY
Gateway Center, Los Angeles, CA
Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA
Old 15th September 2017, 06:57 AM   #934
Richard the G
Thinker

NEWS FLASH:

Angie Brooks
Stan Eckstut
Paul Oles
William Rakatansky
Charles Redmon
Harry Robinson III
Louis Sirianni
Anne Smith
LeRoy S Troyer

Who is left ??
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:14 AM   #935
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Richard the G View Post
Who is left ??
do a local string search - Ctrl-F - for "FAIA" in http://www.ae911truth.org/signatures/ae.html
Old 16th September 2017, 03:30 AM   #936
Richard the G
Thinker

do a local string search - Ctrl-F - for "FAIA" in http://www.ae911truth.org/signatures/ae.html
Thanks Oystetein that's a cool move.

If I count right they have 206 AIA members out of 90,000. Which is about 0.25%

And they have 10 FAIA members out of 3,000 which is 0.3%
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2017, 06:12 AM   #937
JSanderO
Master Poster

What boggles my mind is how seemingly few truther types have realized the absurdity of the core truther claims... CD, false flags, nano thermite, DEWs, mini nukes...north flyover and so on.

You don't have to accept every word of the "official story" to see that the alternatives are just off the wall nuts... and the truthers are very much like cult members... Their leaders are shameless self promoters and opportunists.

It is sad really.
Old 16th September 2017, 08:13 AM   #938
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks Oystetein that's a cool move.

If I count right they have 206 AIA members out of 90,000. Which is about 0.25%

And they have 10 FAIA members out of 3,000 which is 0.3%
Yes, seems about right. I have 210 AIA, that's 0.23% of 90,000

At first glance, if previously 0.63% of FAIA, but only 0.23% of AIA members were on the list, that would mean that FAIA were overrepresented by a factor of almost 3, and perhaps that is a hint as to why they deleted half of them: Perhaps the 9 deleted FAIA didn't actually ever sign the petition, but appeared on it because of some statement made elsewhere, perhaps even misconstrued? But that wouldn't explain why they were all deleted at once. I do not believe AE911Truth would audit their signatories and show this sort of honesty by correcting mistakes made years ago.

Another possibility for the 0.63% vs. 0.23% discrepancy is that they made sure to include the title FAIA whenever it applies because of the prestige (perhaps actively checked at some point if any signers are FAIA and added the title, if missing), but didn't go to the same length every time with the ordinary AIA members, such that of the >300 licensed US architects without any explicit AIA title another 200+ actually are AIA members, and they just don't show it in the title, then FAIAs would now be underrepresented and I have no hint as to why they deleted half of the FAIA.

Of course there's a possibility that this removal of 10 is only a temporary thing - perhaps they have edited these profiles for some reason, and they disappeared accidentally (perhaps edits need approval and this approval has been forgotten or is delayed). It is also possible that the upcoming relaunch of th web site affects how signatures are fetched from their database and displayed to the online http, and it will all resolve after the relaunch.
Old 12th October 2017, 12:34 PM   #939
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

NEWS FLASH:

Angie Brooks
Stan Eckstut
Paul Oles
William Rakatansky
Charles Redmon
Harry Robinson III
Louis Sirianni
Anne Smith
LeRoy S Troyer

A most curious thing is going on: I noticed today that 4 more of their FAIA signatories have been deleted from the online petition:
David Helpern
Kevin Kelly
David Metzger
Ann Roland
And only 6 (of formerly 19) are left - 5 of them alive:
Daniel Barnum
Patrick Ahearn
Eason Cross (Deceased!)
Don Jacobs
Douglas Lowe
John Miller
I have no idea why the FAIA are evaporating - Gage's most prized signatures! Two possibilities that I can think of:
  • Either, they have great plans with the FAIA as the spearheads of the Movement, and are currently updating the profiles. I know that in the past, changes to profiles sometimes resulted in them being offline for a few days. It would however be unusual to keep them offline for a whole month or more.
  • Or, someone has done an audit of these top notch signatures and found that 13 of the 19 do not now support the petition (never did, or do not any longer). Which would open the question: Who would have initiated such a thing? One or several of these FAIA themselves? The AIA leadership?
Any other ideas?

If the second explanation is closer to the truth and only 25% of these signers actually still support Gage, then the obvious follow-up question would be: What about the other 2900+ signatures? Must we assume that 3/4 of them do not, in fact, support a new investigation, let alone the CD fantasies of Mr. Gage?
Old 12th October 2017, 12:54 PM   #940
Richard the G
Thinker

That's so funny!

If they carry on at this rate they will have no FAIA's by 3pm tomorrow.

And they will have nobody at all by the end of April
Old 12th October 2017, 11:33 PM   #941
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

And they will have nobody at all by the end of April

...finally reaching Jugger-nought strength.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories