ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer

Closed Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 12:52 AM   #281
Daylightstar
Philosopher

Kumar, do you even know yourself what your own opinion is?
Old 24th April 2015, 01:00 AM   #282
Kumar

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Which category would you put global warming in, "Passive" or "Active"?
Global warming by new introductions = Active.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 01:05 AM   #283
Kumar

By the way, there are not the usual meanings of the terms "passive" and "active"; you seem merely to have substituted two new terms for your own peculiar meanings of "natural" and "unnatural".
You can say so. Things happen are passive/natural whereas Things done with consious mind are active. Passive happenings should usually support balance on nature for "nature balances itself" whereas Active acts can be both balancing and imbalancing the nature(though I need to think more on it).
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 01:14 AM   #284
Kumar

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
You still haven't told us what you mean by balanced and unbalanced. How do you tell one state from the other?

Were the natural events which caused the mass extinctions which occured before intelligent life evolved balancing or unbalancing?
Both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia are imbalance whereas Euglycemia is balance. Midline on a wave is balance otherway it is imbalance/disturbance.

We have to judge cause and ultimate impacts from such happenings. Both positities and negativities(angels & demons) are meant to balance each other and to balance the nature.
Old 24th April 2015, 03:01 AM   #285
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Passive and Active system prevail in nature to balance & imbalace, the things and beings. Passive, I mean unintentional acts without consiciousness & Active mean intentional acts done by consious beings.
Which category would you put global warming in, "Passive" or "Active"?
Global warming by new introductions = Active.

That doesn't fit your definition, because global warming is not intentional.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 24th April 2015 at 03:04 AM.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 03:09 AM   #286
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Ok thanks. Science agree or not but I do agree, nature balances itself, so whatever is and will be odd on either side will be balanced.
Where have I said that "nature balances itself" so that you can agree with it ?

It doesn't sound like the sort of thing that I'd say, not least because I don't understand what it means.

Are you saying that any action taken by humans to extend life (so all medicine) or increase population (moving from hunter-gathering to agriculture) is artificial and will inevitably lead to negative (catastrophic ?) consequences ?

If so, I'd say you're an awfully long way from making your case.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 03:10 AM   #287
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia are imbalance whereas Euglycemia is balance. Midline on a wave is balance otherway it is imbalance/disturbance.

We have to judge cause and ultimate impacts from such happenings. Both positities and negativities(angels & demons) are meant to balance each other and to balance the nature.
Yay ! Finally we're getting to alt.med and diabetes, it's taken a while.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 03:49 AM   #288
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Yay ! Finally we're getting to alt.med and diabetes, it's taken a while.
It's like having a weird GPS which tells you the destination in advance (and it's always the same destination) but won't reveal which route will be taken.
Old 24th April 2015, 07:05 AM   #289
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It's like having a weird GPS which tells you the destination in advance (and it's always the same destination) but won't reveal which route will be taken.
I'd try that app.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 07:52 AM   #290
Kumar

That doesn't fit your definition, because global warming is not intentional.
How it is not active method or intentional? you are using modern introductions, you know these are emitting heat increasing global warming. Etc.
Old 24th April 2015, 07:54 AM   #291
Kumar

Are you saying that any action taken by humans to extend life (so all medicine) or increase population (moving from hunter-gathering to agriculture) is artificial and will inevitably lead to negative (catastrophic ?) consequences ?

If so, I'd say you're an awfully long way from making your case.
Over population is a problem for many countries therefore they are persuing birth controls.
Old 24th April 2015, 08:00 AM   #292
Kumar

Quote:
In biology, immunity is the balanced state of having adequate biological defenses to fight infection, disease, or other unwanted biological invasion, while having adequate tolerance to avoid inflammation, allergy, and autoimmune diseases...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Immunity.png
Passive and active system should be present everywhere in consicious beings.
Old 24th April 2015, 08:00 AM   #293
sts60
Master Poster

I think, I need to conclude this topic:-

Lastly; Can abnormal (or unnatural), nuclear and non-nuclear, modern negative introductions reduce longevity of things and beings existing on earth by direct and indirect damages?
Nuclear fission reactors were first built and operated by Ma Nature about two billion years ago, long before humans were around to make any.

Apologies if this has already been pointed out to our OP friend during his meandering rhetorical journey.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 08:23 AM   #294
Mojo
Mostly harmless

How it is not active method or intentional?

It is an unintended consequence, not intentional.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 08:28 AM   #295
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Passive and active system should be present everywhere in consicious beings.

Notice that in the example you cite both natural and artificial can be either active or passive. It doesn't support your characterisations of "natural" as "passive" and "unnatural" as "active".

Old 24th April 2015, 08:30 AM   #296
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Over population is a problem for many countries therefore they are persuing birth controls.
So ?

How does this relate to whatever the heck your opening post was about ?

What was your opening post was about ?
Old 24th April 2015, 08:32 AM   #297
Mojo
Mostly harmless

So ?

His opening post was about 70 words. Beyond that, who knows?

Last edited by Mojo; 24th April 2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 24th April 2015, 08:59 AM   #298
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, means we kept us existed ourselves not the nature has evolved us.

No, it does not mean that. Nature evolved us through adversities. (You should like that notion )

Hans
Old 24th April 2015, 09:02 AM   #299
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Can modern introductions, which can be harmful to us, decrease age of live beings and of non living things on earth?
Yes, of course. Harmful stuff is bad for you. You hardly need to ask about that.

Quote:
One by direct damage other is chain reactions or cascading effects.
I think the terms you look for are 'directly' and 'indirectly'.

Quote:
I am not asking about beneficial modern introductions.
So you are asking if harmful stuff is harmful and beneficial stuff is not harmful.

Have you noticed that once you are forced to boil your questions down to something that makes sense, the answers become very obvious? What does this show you?

Hans

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 24th April 2015 at 09:05 AM.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 09:26 AM   #300
Kumar

Notice that in the example you cite both natural and artificial can be either active or passive. It doesn't support your characterisations of "natural" as "passive" and "unnatural" as "active".
Origionally, it is under adaptive immunity not under innate immunity.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:31 AM   #301
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Origionally, it is under adaptive immunity not under innate immunity.

That is entirely irrelevant to what I posted.

Old 24th April 2015, 09:34 AM   #302
Kumar

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Yes, of course. Harmful stuff is bad for you. You hardly need to ask about that.

I think the terms you look for are 'directly' and 'indirectly'.
Yes, thanks.

Quote:
So you are asking if harmful stuff is harmful and beneficial stuff is not harmful.
Modern introductions, harmful or beneficial on ultimate, will be known on ultimate. Increasing population is beneficial but overpopulation bacame a problem of many countries.

Quote:
Have you noticed that once you are forced to boil your questions down to something that makes sense, the answers become very obvious? What does this show you?
Sorry I could not understand it.

Finally, we need to better understand, if unnatural negative introductions can cause early ripening of so anticipated era/yuga like a mango can be ripened early by artificially by additional heat and pressure after early harvesting.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:35 AM   #303
Kumar

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
No, it does not mean that. Nature evolved us through adversities. (You should like that notion )

Hans
Yes but those advesities would also had been natural.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:36 AM   #304
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Kumar, read this.

Old 24th April 2015, 09:36 AM   #305
Kumar

So ?

I think it was a reply to one later post.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:49 AM   #306
Kumar

Kumar, read this.
Whether nature's happenings are within our control? Can we control the nature?
Old 24th April 2015, 09:59 AM   #307
Badly Shaved Monkey
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Whether Human Race akso exist for nuclear weapons, global warming by airconditioning, vehicle pollutions etc. Releasing CO2 on breathing is natural activity.
Surely, Kumar, we can reverse global warming by turning up the air conditioning? It's the obvious solution, but I never see it being discussed.
Badly Shaved Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 10:17 AM   #308
Badly Shaved Monkey

Yes but I don't know what will be the final outcome of opting abnormal(unnatural) practices on ultimate. Still, you can tell about 'cons' for the purpose of this topic. Tell me, suppose 3rd world war happens(I shall not wish) and all nuclear and non-nuclear weapons are used, what will be its impact on earth and on universe. One impact can be assessed as direct damage other by chain/cascading damages. Can it bring Big Bang like damages. You need to concentrate more on chain/cascading type reactions.
Kumar

Is this how you talk in, what for you passes for the real world, either in English or your native language. I don't believe anyone functions in normal life communicating in the way that you do here. It would be very helpful if you could actually make better sense in what you write.
Badly Shaved Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 10:28 AM   #309
Badly Shaved Monkey

No, but Kumar is probably trying to.

He frequently claims that threads he starts are not about homoeopathy, but they very often seem to involve Just Asking Questions about the same phenomena that he tries to shoehorn into his arguments for homoeopathy, hormesis being a prime example.

Yup.

And hormesis is proposed by utter buffoons like DUllman as explaining homeopathy, when he's not claiming that some other incompatible mechanism explains homeopathy, so out of all the words Kumar could have used in his OP I don't believe the appearance of 'hormesis' was genuinely independent of his interest in magic sugar.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:31 AM   #310
Badly Shaved Monkey

Ok, one sided. But what about those who are getting pollutions, global warming and nuclear radiation effects?

Whether "wipe us all out" and "Earth will recover" are not bit confusing?

Suppose if earth loose its balance, how it will impact the universe?

Ok, just chain reactions. Can 3rd world war, excessive global warming and pollutions cause chain reaction impacts at earth & unverse level?
Kumar, you do realise, don't you, that the Universe is really quite big compared with the Earth.

Or maybe not.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:37 AM   #311
Badly Shaved Monkey

No, we are limited to happenings on Earth by Earth's gravity well.

Earth's gravity well. Well, what?

It was the same in Iraq when the U.S. enacted their "Shock and/or" tactic without ever completing their sentence. I think they intended to confuse the Iraqis to death.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:39 AM   #312
Badly Shaved Monkey

Look at it;

Some estimations or perdictions are made almost by all sections about Era/Yuga. There are vast differences in age of these in between different sections. I was just checking, whether, while all estimations have some validity but dependent on foollowing naturality and unnaturality. I mean, maximum age is natural age whereas lesser ages are unnatural ages. Just an example: one person visited a doctor who suggested many treatments. That person just asked doctor: do you believe that breathes of every person is predetermined and fixed. Doctor said: yes I believe. Person said: Then why I should take your treatment if breathes are fixed? Doctor: I agree that I can not change your predetermined breathes but I can just do that, as your breatings is very fast I can make it normal by treatments, so that it will increase your logevity but not total predetermined breathes. Same way, I am checking. Best.
Poe?

[someone needs to say it]
Old 24th April 2015, 10:45 AM   #313
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by blutoski View Post
It's called Heartbeat hypothesisWP. It's literally Antique (I think Aristotle was an advocate - "slow down, slow down, you're using up your heartbeats.")
And big long-lived species have slow heart rates. It's effectively a restatement of the bleedin' obvious and in itself confers no additional explanatory power.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:49 AM   #314
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Besides, you STILL have not given a clear definition of what is unnatural according to you.
Long and bitter experience allows me to answer your question very succinctly.

Insulin
Old 24th April 2015, 10:53 AM   #315
Badly Shaved Monkey

Ok thanks. Mine is language and term problem may not be sense problem.

Let me finally ask:

Can modern introductions, which can be harmful to us, decrease age of live beings and of non living things on earth? One by direct damage other is chain reactions or cascading effects.

I am not asking about beneficial modern introductions.
I am unaware of any intervention that is capable of reducing my age. I wish there was one.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:54 AM   #316
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I believe there was a documentary about a certain Benjamin Button and his decreasing age.
Damn. I should have read one more post before replying.

Old 24th April 2015, 10:57 AM   #317
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Absolutely nothing has been discussed here. The OP keeps rephrasing a meaningless question and ignoring the answers.
I'm getting the feeling that the OP is preparing some kind of 'gotcha', but that his tenuous grasp of the English language is preventing him from steering the other posters in the desired direction.
It's been like that for 12 years. And gotcha always = homeopathy works
Old 24th April 2015, 11:02 AM   #318
Badly Shaved Monkey

Any action will have some kind of effect, however minor. Whether this results in damage is a matter of perspective (though in some cases it's more difficult to see the benefits than others). For example, large parts of the British countryside are renowned for their beauty and their biodiversity and vigorous efforts are made to preserve it and yet it was only formed by the clearance of the original wild wood. The British countryside is the result of ecological "damage" on a huge scale.
If you haven't read this,

http://www.monbiot.com/2013/05/24/fe...-of-rewilding/

I think you should. Really important analysis, I feel.
Old 24th April 2015, 11:02 AM   #319
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Badly Shaved Monkey View Post
It's been like that for 12 years. And gotcha always = homeopathy works

Not always. Sometimes it's "I shouldn't take my diabetes medication".

Last edited by Mojo; 24th April 2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 24th April 2015, 11:22 AM   #320
Badly Shaved Monkey

Not always. Sometimes it's "I shouldn't take my diabetes medication".
His current longevity suggests he has been.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology