ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer

Closed Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 11:31 AM   #321
Mark6
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Badly Shaved Monkey View Post
His current longevity suggests he has been.
He has, but he shouldn't.
Old 24th April 2015, 12:02 PM   #322
Badly Shaved Monkey
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by Mark6 View Post
He has, but he shouldn't.
Oh, that's harsh. I don't wish Kumar dead. I wish him sensible and have tried to communicate with him rationally.

12 years. I have wasted my life...
Badly Shaved Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 12:36 PM   #323
Daylightstar
Philosopher

I am unaware of any intervention that is capable of reducing my age. I wish there was one.
I think Kumar genuinely does not understand this statement
Old 24th April 2015, 08:17 PM   #324
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, that's harsh. I don't wish Kumar dead. I wish him sensible and have tried to communicate with him rationally.

12 years. I have wasted my life...
Thanks but I doubt, soon opted modern negative introductions may do that early.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 08:19 PM   #325
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Not always. Sometimes it's "I shouldn't take my diabetes medication".
Your all calculations, preceptions and anticipations failed badly.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 08:25 PM   #326
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Damn. I should have read one more post before replying.

Truth and right(proper,reasonable) both independently are not valid but jointly valid. One is basic/purest other is current/gross on adjusting need of time some polluted like salt/sugar mixed in foods.
Old 25th April 2015, 06:13 AM   #327
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Truth and right(proper,reasonable) both independently are not valid but jointly valid. One is basic/purest other is current/gross on adjusting need of time some polluted like salt/sugar mixed in foods.
Nope. Didn't get any of that. Try again.

I still struggle to give credence to the idea that any sane human being can converse for 12 years with native English speakers and fail to obtain any greater facility with the language. I'm afraid I do think you do it deliberately and I wish you didn't.
Badly Shaved Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th April 2015, 06:23 AM   #328
Badly Shaved Monkey

That post reads like the output of the bastard offspring of David Carradine's mentor in Kung Fu and Yoda processed through a broken fortune-cookie motto printer. Full of faux profundity but not worth parsing.
Old 25th April 2015, 08:07 AM   #329
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

I still struggle to give credence to the idea that any sane human being can converse for 12 years with native English speakers and fail to obtain any greater facility with the language. I'm afraid I do think you do it deliberately and I wish you didn't.
Badly Shaved Monkey, if you haven't already, read Mojo's post 73 in this thread http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6#post10602886 Garbled English increases the likelihood a poster willl inadvertantly agree with Kumar, which will give him his "gotcha" moment.
Old 25th April 2015, 08:14 AM   #330
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Modern introductions, harmful or beneficial on ultimate, will be known on ultimate.
I have no idea what that means.

Quote:
Increasing population is beneficial but overpopulation bacame a problem of many countries.
Another obvious remark.

Quote:
Finally, we need to better understand, if unnatural negative introductions can cause early ripening of so anticipated era/yuga like a mango can be ripened early by artificially by additional heat and pressure after early harvesting.
I have no idea what you mean.

Hans
Old 25th April 2015, 08:39 AM   #331
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Hans
I'm worried that it means Kumar is ripening his mangoes with pressure and heat. Presumably in gratification at the responses we give him.
Old 25th April 2015, 08:49 AM   #332
Daylightstar
Philosopher

Modern introductions, harmful or beneficial on ultimate, will be known on ultimate.
It means that according to Kumar 'modern introductions' are non A&F.
Which, in effect, means nothing meaningful at all.

As usual.
Old 25th April 2015, 07:19 PM   #333
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, It is bit difficult to understand me, to my language and to sense of my post.

Simply; Some age is predicted for any Era or yuga. It is differently predicted by different learned people. I just thought, may all such predictions be valid but difference between their predictions may be dependent on opting negative unnaturalities/abnormalities by us. So if this hold some sense, we are reducing predicted age of yuga and making it to ripe early and so of us.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuga

Last edited by Kumar; 25th April 2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: to improve
Old 25th April 2015, 07:21 PM   #334
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Another obvious remark.

Hans
I have written about my intention in simple language in my last post, a reply to BSM.
Old 25th April 2015, 11:29 PM   #335
Little 10 Toes
Graduate Poster

Sorry, It is bit difficult to understand me, to my language and to sense of my post.

Simply; Some age is predicted for any Era or yuga. It is differently predicted by different learned people. I just thought, may all such predictions be valid but difference between their predictions may be dependent on opting negative unnaturalities/abnormalities by us. So if this hold some sense, we are reducing predicted age of yuga and making it to ripe early and so of us.
Why do you assume that "opting negative unnaturalities/abnormalities by us" causes changes how long an era is.

I can say that sunlight is unnatural because it has no " inharent [sic] sense of right and wrong". HIV, insulin, my computer, animals in the zoo, money, neon gas, the Bible, Koran/Quran, methane, heroin, Microsoft Windows, firearms, nuclear weapons, video games, coffee, bacon, penicillin, and the universe are all unnatural.

Please confirm if the above statement is true or false and explain in detail why.
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th April 2015, 11:39 PM   #336
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Eras are a way of dividing the past into manageable chunks, to make it easier to discuss. Future eras cannot be predicted.

Yugas are a woo woo concept with no validity.
Old 26th April 2015, 12:33 AM   #337
Badly Shaved Monkey

As said by Pixel42, "Eras" are a human conception imposed on cosmological and terrestrial history as useful markers to refer to sections of the timeline at large scales where these sections have some consistency in their character over their duration. Their duration is not defined a priori but by historical happenstance.

Having now looked up what a "Yuga" is, it is an exact time scale made invented as part of Hindu cosmogony. If this "life in the universe is created and destroyed once every 4.1 to 8.2 billion years" is to be taken as a testable hypothesis about the real universe then our evidence says it is wrong.

"Some age" Age of what? Predicted by whom? This is you being deliberately elliptical again for your own obscure reasons and means that you cannot get an answer to your question, whatever that question is, and on the assumption that there is a real question rather than asking us to prepare the guest-room for Nathan Poe.

You seem to keep use Age in contradictory ways; one as a label for a span of time, Elizabethan Age, and the other something to do with lifespans or life expectancies.

I continue to respond because I enjoy the exercise of formulating these replies and hope I provide intermittent amusement to other readers not because I have any expectation of someone called Kumar absorbing the answer.
Old 26th April 2015, 12:41 AM   #338
Badly Shaved Monkey

I have met speakers of many Asian languages. I have never met anyone whose native language causes their communication in English to be so fractured and obscure. So, I don't think your native language is the problem, it's you. Whether that is unintentional or deliberate I cannot tell, but, as I recently said, 12 years is a long time durng which I would expect someone's English idiom to improve whereas yours has not. And you do seem to adequately parse (if not absorb the meaning of) replies made to you in quite complex syntax and using a large vocabulary. Funny, that.
Old 26th April 2015, 04:09 AM   #339
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Eras are a way of dividing the past into manageable chunks, to make it easier to discuss. Future eras cannot be predicted.

Yugas are a woo woo concept with no validity.
Instead, You could had easily replied, assuming so thought yuga period is there and its lifespan can be reduced due to unnatural modern negative introductions.
Old 26th April 2015, 04:18 AM   #340
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

As said by Pixel42, "Eras" are a human conception imposed on cosmological and terrestrial history as useful markers to refer to sections of the timeline at large scales where these sections have some consistency in their character over their duration. Their duration is not defined a priori but by historical happenstance.
Yes.

Having now looked up what a "Yuga" is, it is an exact time scale made invented as part of Hindu cosmogony. If this "life in the universe is created and destroyed once every 4.1 to 8.2 billion years" is to be taken as a testable hypothesis about the real universe then our evidence says it is wrong.

"Some age" Age of what? Predicted by whom? This is you being deliberately elliptical again for your own obscure reasons and means that you cannot get an answer to your question, whatever that question is, and on the assumption that there is a real question rather than asking us to prepare the guest-room for Nathan Poe.

You seem to keep use Age in contradictory ways; one as a label for a span of time, Elizabethan Age, and the other something to do with lifespans or life expectancies.
I continue to respond because I enjoy the exercise of formulating these replies and hope I provide intermittent amusement to other readers not because I have any expectation of someone called Kumar absorbing the answer.[/quote]

As I witten in my previous post; Instead, You could had easily replied, assuming so thought yuga period is there and its lifespan can be reduced due to unnatural modern negative introductions.

You used to deal like a lawer and want to be exactly specific somewhat like I tend to mention "A&F". If I also take like you, I can say that basic mistake is there in the BSM name you are using because, how monkeys can be badly shaved when they do not shave.(Sorry if I am odd to you here). So you can base on understandings rather than pulling skin from hairs. I know you know but you just want to pinpoint faults in me to discourage me. Language should not be the basis of understanding otherwise it would had become immposible to comunicate between different species.
Old 26th April 2015, 04:26 AM   #341
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Why do you assume that "opting negative unnaturalities/abnormalities by us" causes changes how long an era is.

I can say that sunlight is unnatural because it has no " inharent [sic] sense of right and wrong". HIV, insulin, my computer, animals in the zoo, money, neon gas, the Bible, Koran/Quran, methane, heroin, Microsoft Windows, firearms, nuclear weapons, video games, coffee, bacon, penicillin, and the universe are all unnatural.

Please confirm if the above statement is true or false and explain in detail why.
You can also refer my last two posts.
Old 26th April 2015, 04:57 AM   #342
Badly Shaved Monkey

As I witten in my previous post; Instead, You could had easily replied, assuming so thought yuga period is there and its lifespan can be reduced due to unnatural modern negative introductions.
Real events on Earth can alter a Yuga in exact proportion to their alteration of the height of the Tower of Art at Unseen University

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unseen_University

I know you know but you just want to pinpoint faults in me to discourage me.
No. I'd like you to learn. But I'd like you to be less deliberately obtuse.

Language should not be the basis of understanding otherwise it would had become immposible to comunicate between different species.
There is literally no adequate response to that. It perfectly reflects your approach to discussion.

Cheerio.
Old 26th April 2015, 04:57 AM   #343
crhkrebs
Muse

Sorry, It is bit difficult to understand me, to my language and to nonsense of my post.
I think I fixed that for you.

Your difficulties with the former are not the cause for the failings of the latter.
crhkrebs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 05:29 AM   #344
Gulliver Foyle
Thinker

No I am trying to better understand reduced age due to following unnature and can unnature cause propagating, chain reaction type affects and reduce normal age. May it be age of all things and beings on earth or on universe--say so thought BIG BANG occur early.
Unfortunately for your unevidenced conjecture, we are now living longer, much longer, than any of our ancestors (excepting, in the West, our previous two generations). What you say are unnature are actually causing humans to live much longer, as evidenced by the greater prevalence of conditions which are more greatly affected by age such as many cancers and all types of dementia.
Old 26th April 2015, 05:44 AM   #345
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
Unfortunately for your unevidenced conjecture, we are now living longer, much longer, than any of our ancestors (excepting, in the West, our previous two generations). What you say are unnature are actually causing humans to live much longer, as evidenced by the greater prevalence of conditions which are more greatly affected by age such as many cancers and all types of dementia.

Unfortunately, Kumar is likely to read that as "unnatural modern introductions cause cancer and dementia".

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 05:47 AM   #346
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Instead, You could had easily replied, assuming so thought yuga period is there and its lifespan can be reduced due to unnatural modern negative introductions.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th April 2015, 07:52 AM   #347
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

No I could not, because I don't speak gibberish.
Old 26th April 2015, 08:05 AM   #348
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
This is one sided approach. We had already discussed it. Therefore I started writing NEGATIVE unnatural introductions.
Old 26th April 2015, 08:07 AM   #349
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No I could not, because I don't speak gibberish.
But you are writing here not speaking.
Old 26th April 2015, 08:10 AM   #350
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crhkrebs View Post
I think I fixed that for you.

Your difficulties with the former are not the cause for the failings of the latter.
Yes, inabilty to understand sense will be non-sense for him.
Old 26th April 2015, 08:26 AM   #351
Mojo
Mostly harmless

This is one sided approach. We had already discussed it. Therefore I started writing NEGATIVE unnatural introductions.

Indeed, we have already discussed this, and it was pointed out that, overall, "unnatural introductions" have resulted in increased life expectancy. This didn't fit your agenda, so you "started writing NEGATIVE" to dishonestly force your desired conclusion into your premises. You are the person who is taking a one-sided approach, by trying to exclude the positive side.

Old 26th April 2015, 08:33 AM   #352
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

No, that was the balanced approach. You want a one-sided approach, so you ask only for NEGATIVE. Why do you want to be unbalanced?
Old 26th April 2015, 08:36 AM   #353
Badly Shaved Monkey

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Indeed, we have already discussed this, and it was pointed out that, overall, "unnatural introductions" have resulted in increased life expectancy. This didn't fit your agenda, so you "started writing NEGATIVE" to dishonestly force your desired conclusion into your premises. You are the person who is taking a one-sided approach, by trying to exclude the positive side.
Good grief, Mojo. Are you suggesting negative things are bad and that if we only include negative things in our summation then the aggregate will be negative? Frankly, I'm shocked. (I hope you don't mind my revealing that your real-world mane is Frankly)
Old 26th April 2015, 08:57 PM   #354
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mashuna View Post
No, that was the balanced approach. You want a one-sided approach, so you ask only for NEGATIVE. Why do you want to be unbalanced?
I am not suggesting but I am discussing one sided approach. Moreover what caused need for so looking positive introductions(passive or active) is also need to be better evalued.
Old 26th April 2015, 10:22 PM   #355
fromdownunder
Philosopher

I am not suggesting but I am discussing one sided approach. Moreover what caused need for so looking positive introductions(passive or active) is also need to be better evalued.
This one is fairly easy, if I understand what you are saying, always a difficult assumption because of your mangled version of English.

Having a positive outlook is far more important and vital to our future (as individuals, and as a race) than having a negative one, otherwise nobody would ever get out of bed, and the human race would still be living in caves, think that fire is some mystical magical thing, and think that limbs are something that an adult grows out of.

I could have been negative after my heart and cancer scares, thought "what's the use" and simply rotted away at home. Instead, seven years later I still wake up every day with a positive outlook, knowing I am still still alive, and I have spent these last seven years doing voluntary work in the welfare industry.

Maybe you should get away from your own fears for a while, and discover how wondrous this world actually is, sit under a tree with a jug of wine and a loaf of bread, and simply live rather than hiding under a bush, and seeing death and misery in every new invention.

Trust me, the world is a far more wonderful place than you, who seem to be huddled up in a corner panicking over nothing in particular, appears to find it. Grow up and take part in the real world. You may be surprised at what happens. Being positive is not that hard - you don't have to be lonely any more.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 26th April 2015 at 10:27 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 12:37 AM   #356
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
This one is fairly easy, if I understand what you are saying, always a difficult assumption because of your mangled version of English.

Having a positive outlook is far more important and vital to our future (as individuals, and as a race) than having a negative one, otherwise nobody would ever get out of bed, and the human race would still be living in caves, think that fire is some mystical magical thing, and think that limbs are something that an adult grows out of.

I could have been negative after my heart and cancer scares, thought "what's the use" and simply rotted away at home. Instead, seven years later I still wake up every day with a positive outlook, knowing I am still still alive, and I have spent these last seven years doing voluntary work in the welfare industry.

Maybe you should get away from your own fears for a while, and discover how wondrous this world actually is, sit under a tree with a jug of wine and a loaf of bread, and simply live rather than hiding under a bush, and seeing death and misery in every new invention.

Trust me, the world is a far more wonderful place than you, who seem to be huddled up in a corner panicking over nothing in particular, appears to find it. Grow up and take part in the real world. You may be surprised at what happens. Being positive is not that hard - you don't have to be lonely any more.

Norm
Yes but that is one angle. I think, you will not say we should look negative side.
Old 27th April 2015, 01:02 AM   #357
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Yes but that is one angle. I think, you will not say we should look negative side.
After reading my post you came to that conclusion? What perception! you could be the new Dr. Phil!.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th April 2015, 01:11 AM   #358
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
After reading my post you came to that conclusion? What perception! you could be the new Dr. Phil!.

Norm
You realise that Kumar will take that as a complement and agreement, right?

His use and reading of english can be nothing more than a ploy.
Old 27th April 2015, 01:31 AM   #359
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
You realise that Kumar will take that as a complement and agreement, right?
If he does not understand sarcasm, that is not my problem.

Quote:
His use and reading of english can be nothing more than a ploy.
If he wants to pretend to act like attention whore, and if that is truly the case, not my problem either His posts are here for everybody to see and judge. Your judgement may be right, but I really don't care what he is either way. I do find his posts amusing enough to post up to a point, until I just get so bored by the topic, that I simply disengage. Nor quite bored enough yet.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 27th April 2015 at 01:32 AM.
Old 27th April 2015, 01:37 AM   #360
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

There is no rational reason to think that there is such thing as a predictable era or yuga.

Therefore we cannot discuss rationally wether something we do will change such a time-span.

In short, you cannot discuss belief systems scientifically, or even rationally.

Hans

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology