ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags JFK assassination , Kennedy conspiracies

Reply
Old 29th May 2017, 11:14 AM   #81
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,988
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
You are either confused or are trying to confuse others. I'm saying the small head wound was slightly above the EOP, and it has been repeatedly confirmed that "slightly" means slightly. Dr. Humes only budged from his position when he once claimed that it was slightly lower than that, then he went back to saying it was slightly above. That's more of an expected wiggle room from the memory of someone who spent hours handling the President's body.
MicahJava, are you saying that you have no clue what the results of the autopsy were?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 12:12 PM   #82
Axxman300
Master Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 2,013
He's trying to add a second bullet to the head, and he's trying to make the primary shot come from somewhere else other than the TSBD.

To do so he is ignoring the known visual evidence of the two films of the assassination, and he ignores a huge chunk of basic reality to reach for his fantasy. He ignores the fact that the President's head was not level with the shoulders, that Elm Street is inclined, and that it was a short-range shot.

Like all CTists, he places an unrealistic level of expertise upon the Secret Service, FBI, and the Warren Commission that we don't even see today with all of our high technologies. Like all CTists he assumes all human recollection is 100% accurate, and does not degrade with time...unless someone witnessed something which undermines his theory, and in those MANY cases those witnesses cannot be trusted.

I used to play the same game. I wanted Badge Man to be real, I wanted there to be someone else on the 6th floor with a Mauser, I wanted a direct chain linking Oswald to Ruby to the Mob to the CIA to LBJ to Hunt Oil to the military industrial complex to...THEM! I read every JFK conspiracy book, Mark Lane and Jim Mars were my prophets. People who bought the official WC conclusions were suckers, sheep, or blind, and I was smarter than all of them because I knew the truth....

The "Truth" is that eventually reality will kick you in the groin, or somewhere else where you can no longer honestly believe silly things and look yourself in the mirror, and believe you're a moderately smart person.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 02:55 PM   #83
bknight
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 311
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I do no proof of photographic manipulation, nor did I ever argue it.
If you have no evidence of manipulation, then you shouldn't post such nonsense. Believing something and being able to prove it by data analysis is quit different stop using your beliefs and start using the facts. You should go back to that thread entry and either erase or blot out the part of your post and then never use it again, scratch it from your thoughts.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 03:03 PM   #84
bknight
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 311
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
He's trying to add a second bullet to the head, and he's trying to make the primary shot come from somewhere else other than the TSBD.

To do so he is ignoring the known visual evidence of the two films of the assassination, and he ignores a huge chunk of basic reality to reach for his fantasy. He ignores the fact that the President's head was not level with the shoulders, that Elm Street is inclined, and that it was a short-range shot.

Like all CTists, he places an unrealistic level of expertise upon the Secret Service, FBI, and the Warren Commission that we don't even see today with all of our high technologies. Like all CTists he assumes all human recollection is 100% accurate, and does not degrade with time...unless someone witnessed something which undermines his theory, and in those MANY cases those witnesses cannot be trusted.

I used to play the same game. I wanted Badge Man to be real, I wanted there to be someone else on the 6th floor with a Mauser, I wanted a direct chain linking Oswald to Ruby to the Mob to the CIA to LBJ to Hunt Oil to the military industrial complex to...THEM! I read every JFK conspiracy book, Mark Lane and Jim Mars were my prophets. People who bought the official WC conclusions were suckers, sheep, or blind, and I was smarter than all of them because I knew the truth....

The "Truth" is that eventually reality will kick you in the groin, or somewhere else where you can no longer honestly believe silly things and look yourself in the mirror, and believe you're a moderately smart person.
In short you found it difficult to believe that a nobody could bring down the most powerful man on the planet.
Then coming to your senses after studying the evidence, you found that yes it was probable that a nobody brought down the most powerful man on the planet all by himself.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 03:26 PM   #85
OKBob
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
In short you found it difficult to believe that a nobody could bring down the most powerful man on the planet.
Then coming to your senses after studying the evidence, you found that yes it was probable that a nobody brought down the most powerful man on the planet all by himself.
With folks like MJ, I wonder if this forum contributes at all to the maturation of logic. MJ seems enamored of his personal judgments and rather ghoulish frissons. If, as Axxman, Hank, and others attest, graduation from CT is a slow, attritional process, are we actually accelerating that process at all here? I can't see that Robert Harris benefited from the patient efforts of JayUtah and others. He's still mistaking inference for evidence on other forums.

Last edited by OKBob; 29th May 2017 at 03:27 PM.
OKBob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 05:38 PM   #86
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,061
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Did I say I thought the body was altered?
You brought up body alteration by paraphrasing a David Lifton paraphrase of a Dan Rather point, pretending Rather's point didn't make any sense. I had to explain to you how Rather's point made perfect sense.

I note you neither affirm nor deny whether you believe in body alteration. Can you take a stand on that subject now?

Hank
__________________
"Looks like we're really in nut country now, Toto."
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 05:57 PM   #87
Axxman300
Master Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
In short you found it difficult to believe that a nobody could bring down the most powerful man on the planet.
Then coming to your senses after studying the evidence, you found that yes it was probable that a nobody brought down the most powerful man on the planet all by himself.
Something like that. It started with my dad, he said he didn't believe Oswald acted alone. I was seven years old, and at that age your dad knows everything.

I've said before that after I went to Dallas it was clear that Oswald did it, and we were lucky he had the Carcano instead of an M-14, or M1. I was shocked that anyone who had been to Dealey Plaza would believe otherwise, and I realized I'd bought into a lie.

Worse, I though all of those assassination "researchers" had actually done research - most have not, instead they repeat fictions, and draw stories from other CTists. There are a few who have done extensive research, and logged the hours doing real work (James Ellroy is one), but even then their theory hinges on questionable testimony from low-level maffia goons, 6-degrees of separation witnesses who were there, but are more interested in getting their name in a history book by shading the facts, and a lot of creative interpretation of documents.

At no point do ANY of them take the Warren Commission, FBI, or Secret Service seriously, and refuse to accept any of their conclusions. The funny thing is that the recollections of the men involved in the investigation has never changed in 54 years, but the stories of fringe CT sources seems to change with the wind direction.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 06:19 PM   #88
bknight
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 311
Smile

Originally Posted by OKBob View Post
With folks like MJ, I wonder if this forum contributes at all to the maturation of logic. MJ seems enamored of his personal judgments and rather ghoulish frissons. If, as Axxman, Hank, and others attest, graduation from CT is a slow, attritional process, are we actually accelerating that process at all here? I can't see that Robert Harris benefited from the patient efforts of JayUtah and others. He's still mistaking inference for evidence on other forums.
I have dealt with many CT's and to a "man" I have not seen any of them accept science in general and physics in particular or reform. They just keep trotting out it can't be proved when backed into a corner. Some have fanciful "explanations" others have denial and still others have out and out lies/deceits/fantasies. MJ seems to have many of these characteristics. For example his "list" has criminal manipulation of autopsy images, posted by him and yet he says he has never argued for that idea. Strange.
Jay has taken many to task and rarely makes an error.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2017, 06:38 PM   #89
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,317
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Something like that. It started with my dad, he said he didn't believe Oswald acted alone. I was seven years old, and at that age your dad knows everything.

I've said before that after I went to Dallas it was clear that Oswald did it, and we were lucky he had the Carcano instead of an M-14, or M1. I was shocked that anyone who had been to Dealey Plaza would believe otherwise, and I realized I'd bought into a lie.

Worse, I though all of those assassination "researchers" had actually done research - most have not, instead they repeat fictions, and draw stories from other CTists. There are a few who have done extensive research, and logged the hours doing real work (James Ellroy is one), but even then their theory hinges on questionable testimony from low-level maffia goons, 6-degrees of separation witnesses who were there, but are more interested in getting their name in a history book by shading the facts, and a lot of creative interpretation of documents.

At no point do ANY of them take the Warren Commission, FBI, or Secret Service seriously, and refuse to accept any of their conclusions. The funny thing is that the recollections of the men involved in the investigation has never changed in 54 years, but the stories of fringe CT sources seems to change with the wind direction.
Sane thing here, except between the old man and my uncle, his older brother, I knew that they knew what they were talking about mechanics wise about the actual shooting end of the equation, so if they said it was mafiosi, it had to be mafiosi. That, coupled with what my father said about LHO the first time they showed his face on TV - That ******* won't last a week" - when he didn't, I had no question that the mafia had done the deed.

Got out and about in the world and learned a few things, I lost my blinders. My father and uncle knew a bunch more than I do, but if Jackie had turned towards JFK and shot him in the limo they'd have thought the mafia was behind it.

I believe that Elroy loves his narrative as much or more than he actually believes it to be true, but Elroy's universe as it regards the books in that trilogy is a genuine part of the conspiracy whisper stream that drives even this thread. Elroy does believe (from his mouth to my ear) that JFK brought his murder on himself by getting in bed with the mob prior to his election.

Fiction is so much more entertaining and cool than reality.

The conceit that the assassination had to be a conspiracy because (fill in) is a foreseeable result of individuals basing their worldview on popular fiction instead of experience in the subject matter.

The sad fact is that in this world, one ******* with a firearm (or any other lethal weapon) can turn the world upside down if they have access to a specific target - I'm thinking John Lennon more than JFK here - and contrary to CTist orthodoxy, a "lone nut" has a hell of a better chance of pulling off something terrible than does a scheme involving a patsy, the unseen hidden hand, the MIC, the Jews, The communists, the Cubans, the doctors and speculation ad infinitum that has been tossed into the JFK assassination conspiracy zeitgeist.

All it took was a little man with a rifle that wanted to be a big man.

No altered headwounds required.
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 04:28 PM   #90
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher
 
Regnad Kcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 8,433
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
I've said before that after I went to Dallas it was clear that Oswald did it, and we were lucky he had the Carcano instead of an M-14, or M1. I was shocked that anyone who had been to Dealey Plaza would believe otherwise, and I realized I'd bought into a lie.
As I don't know the particulars of these weapons, could you explain this?
__________________
My heros are Alex Zanardi and Evelyn Glennie.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 06:10 PM   #91
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,317
Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
As I don't know the particulars of these weapons, could you explain this?
The M1 Garand was the rifle LHO was trained on in the Corps - WWII era gas operated semi-auto rifle chambered in the 30/06 service rifle caliber -8 shot en bloc clip. Heavy, accurate and powerful,

The M14 is essentially a product improved version of the Garand. Modified gas system, the receiver shortened, selective fire (meaning semi or full auto, for practical use full auto is pretty much a waste of time and effort on one of these) chambered in the then-new 7.62 NATO cartridge. Due to higher chamber pressure the 7.62 NATO is the ballistic equivalent of the earlier 30/06 in a shorter length ( 51 mm as oppossed to 63 mm, nominal) cartridge case.

The Garand was commercially available at the time of the assassination, the M14 wasn't, but that doesn't mean that there weren't unregistered examples running around loose.
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 06:39 PM   #92
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,529
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
and we were lucky he had the Carcano instead of an M-14, or M1.
Why was this lucky?

Edited to add: Do you mean with a SA weapon he could have killed everyone in the car?

Last edited by Hans; 30th May 2017 at 06:43 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 07:01 PM   #93
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,317
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Why was this lucky?

Edited to add: Do you mean with a SA weapon he could have killed everyone in the car?
I don't necessarily believe that LHO had much empathy with the other individuals in the vehicle, but had LHO had a Garand rather than the Carcano he might have had an easier time pulling off the assassination and had he been using the then commonly available M2 armor piercing 30/06 ammo

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/30-06...tration-tests/

There may have been more wounding of others of the Connally type.

For interested parties, I've found that the M2 ap ammo is the most accurate surplus ammo available for the Garand outside of actual lake City or Gold Medal Match ammo and it used to be dirt cheap.
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:31 PM   #94
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
You brought up body alteration by paraphrasing a David Lifton paraphrase of a Dan Rather point, pretending Rather's point didn't make any sense. I had to explain to you how Rather's point made perfect sense.

I note you neither affirm nor deny whether you believe in body alteration. Can you take a stand on that subject now?

Hank
I will wait to research that subject when Lifton's Final Charade comes out, but for right now I will just say I find it disturbing that no Parkland witness saw that big red triangle on Kennedy's forehead as shown on the autopsy photos.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:37 PM   #95
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
What they remembered is less important than what was recorded and photographed.

And yes, wounds on one bone can be described in relation to others.

Do you understand why records are photographed, and measurements recorded in the autopsy record?
Do you understand why doctors don't simply rely on their memory?
It's a little different when you have contemporary evidence, like the autopsy report that corroborates what each doctor and witness swears to. I would think of a better argument rather than squabbling over the idea that everybody was just hallucinating. And now you'll screech that you never literally said everybody at the autopsy was "hallucinating". Actually, you kind of are. The JFK autopsy is like Rashomon, everybody remembers it a little differently and each one contradicts the official story. I'm just trying to make sense of it all, and of all things you can be sure about, you can be as sure as you'll ever be that there was a small wound low in the head near the EOP. Nobody has ever shown that the X-rays are incompatible with such a wound, so nothing has to be faked for this to be true, unlike a lot of other interpretations of JFK's wounds.

Last edited by MicahJava; 30th May 2017 at 10:50 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:39 PM   #96
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Other than scalps being stretched and the like...
I've already explained why the scalp is being stretched back in the BOH photographs.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:42 PM   #97
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
He's trying to add a second bullet to the head, and he's trying to make the primary shot come from somewhere else other than the TSBD.

To do so he is ignoring the known visual evidence of the two films of the assassination, and he ignores a huge chunk of basic reality to reach for his fantasy. He ignores the fact that the President's head was not level with the shoulders, that Elm Street is inclined, and that it was a short-range shot.
I have no idea what you're talking about. That's not what I've been saying at all. The small head wound was most likely an entry from behind, and the large head wound was from either direction, it doesn't really matter once you have two head shots.

Quote:
Like all CTists, he places an unrealistic level of expertise upon the Secret Service, FBI, and the Warren Commission that we don't even see today with all of our high technologies. Like all CTists he assumes all human recollection is 100% accurate, and does not degrade with time...unless someone witnessed something which undermines his theory, and in those MANY cases those witnesses cannot be trusted.

I used to play the same game. I wanted Badge Man to be real, I wanted there to be someone else on the 6th floor with a Mauser, I wanted a direct chain linking Oswald to Ruby to the Mob to the CIA to LBJ to Hunt Oil to the military industrial complex to...THEM! I read every JFK conspiracy book, Mark Lane and Jim Mars were my prophets. People who bought the official WC conclusions were suckers, sheep, or blind, and I was smarter than all of them because I knew the truth....

The "Truth" is that eventually reality will kick you in the groin, or somewhere else where you can no longer honestly believe silly things and look yourself in the mirror, and believe you're a moderately smart person.
I would say if you "wanted badge man to be real", you never took this subject very seriously.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:45 PM   #98
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by OKBob View Post
With folks like MJ, I wonder if this forum contributes at all to the maturation of logic. MJ seems enamored of his personal judgments and rather ghoulish frissons. If, as Axxman, Hank, and others attest, graduation from CT is a slow, attritional process, are we actually accelerating that process at all here? I can't see that Robert Harris benefited from the patient efforts of JayUtah and others. He's still mistaking inference for evidence on other forums.
Frankly, you all seem completely dumbfounded when confronted with the evidence and implications of the EOP wound. So no, you're not accelerating the process of convincing me of anything.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:51 PM   #99
Axxman300
Master Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. That's not what I've been saying at all. The small head wound was most likely an entry from behind, and the large head wound was from either direction, it doesn't really matter once you have two head shots.
In other words, a second head shot...that nobody saw.


Quote:
I would say if you "wanted badge man to be real", you never took this subject very seriously.
I will remind everyone that you have come to the conspiracy late in the game. In the 1970s the "documentary" The Men Who Killed Kennedy was all the rage, and Badge Man was a French assassin hired by the CIA/Maffia crew. We got ten years out of Badge Man until new skeptics arrived on the scene and tore it all apart with that dang logic and factual information stuff.

The same guys who put Badge Man to bed also buried the line of BS you have been shoveling with you "but what about the head wound" nonsense.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:52 PM   #100
Axxman300
Master Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I will wait to research that subject when Lifton's Final Charade comes out, but for right now I will just say I find it disturbing that no Parkland witness saw that big red triangle on Kennedy's forehead as shown on the autopsy photos.
If only it was Lifton's final charade.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:54 PM   #101
Axxman300
Master Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Frankly, you all seem completely dumbfounded when confronted with the evidence and implications of the EOP wound. So no, you're not accelerating the process of convincing me of anything.
You have no evidence, you have confronted us with hot air and wishful thinking.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2017, 10:58 PM   #102
Axxman300
Master Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Why was this lucky?

Edited to add: Do you mean with a SA weapon he could have killed everyone in the car?
Exactly.

The M1 was his weapon in the USMC, and a better rifle than the Carcano. Oswald could have nailed JFK a few more times.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 12:25 AM   #103
bknight
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 311
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. That's not what I've been saying at all. The small head wound was most likely an entry from behind, and the large head wound was from either direction, it doesn't really matter once you have two head shots.



I would say if you "wanted badge man to be real", you never took this subject very seriously.
Or more likely the large head wound was an exit wound from the bullet entering from the rear.

No "badge man" was a fools chase to a nonexistent shape in a shadow. It never was, further study with computers could not discern any man shape in the shadow, just another CT myth blown away with science.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 01:27 AM   #104
OKBob
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Frankly, you all seem completely dumbfounded when confronted with the evidence and implications of the EOP wound. So no, you're not accelerating the process of convincing me of anything.
You don't get it. Most of us just aren't interested in your inexpert ramblings about EOPs, cowlicks, scalp-stretching, spinning skulls, and other lurid preoccupations. Why should we pay attention to what you consider to be "evidence"? On the other hand, you might take this opportunity to learn something about facts, evidence, logic, and argumentation. But like other transient, autodidact CTs who have seagull-swooped this forum, you probably won't.

Last edited by OKBob; 31st May 2017 at 01:28 AM.
OKBob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 02:32 AM   #105
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,111
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Frankly, you all seem completely dumbfounded when confronted with the evidence and implications of the EOP wound. So no, you're not accelerating the process of convincing me of anything.
You seem not to get that you are the one making the claims, and you are the one not convincing us.

And yes, I am dumbfounded that you keep supplying evidence for what is clearly and obviously discreting your own interpretation, then act as though your argument has weight.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 04:23 AM   #106
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
In other words, a second head shot...that nobody saw.
Yeah, nobody said they saw two separate head shots. Gunshots to the head don't always look like the movies.

Quote:
I will remind everyone that you have come to the conspiracy late in the game. In the 1970s the "documentary" The Men Who Killed Kennedy was all the rage, and Badge Man was a French assassin hired by the CIA/Maffia crew. We got ten years out of Badge Man until new skeptics arrived on the scene and tore it all apart with that dang logic and factual information stuff.

The same guys who put Badge Man to bed also buried the line of BS you have been shoveling with you "but what about the head wound" nonsense.
The EOP wound was the official story for several years. The full extent of this problem wasn't realized until the HSCA days, and even then it didn't seem to occur to anybody except maybe Cyril Wecht that a missile could possibly enter there without severely damaging the cerebellum.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 04:25 AM   #107
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by OKBob View Post
You don't get it. Most of us just aren't interested in your inexpert ramblings about EOPs, cowlicks, scalp-stretching, spinning skulls, and other lurid preoccupations. Why should we pay attention to what you consider to be "evidence"? On the other hand, you might take this opportunity to learn something about facts, evidence, logic, and argumentation. But like other transient, autodidact CTs who have seagull-swooped this forum, you probably won't.
What's wrong with forensic evidence?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 04:31 AM   #108
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Or more likely the large head wound was an exit wound from the bullet entering from the rear.

No "badge man" was a fools chase to a nonexistent shape in a shadow. It never was, further study with computers could not discern any man shape in the shadow, just another CT myth blown away with science.
My favorite piece of LN stupidity is when Bugliosi argued that Oswald buying a Coca-Cola on the second floor instead of a Dr. Pepper on the first floor was evidence of his guilt. Meanwhile, the real truth-seekers are wondering if such an encounter between Oswald and Officer Marrion Baker even really happened.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 04:37 AM   #109
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,988
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Yeah, nobody said they saw two separate head shots. Gunshots to the head don't always look like the movies.



The EOP wound was the official story for several years. The full extent of this problem wasn't realized until the HSCA days, and even then it didn't seem to occur to anybody except maybe Cyril Wecht that a missile could possibly enter there without severely damaging the cerebellum.
Where did a second shot come from? Who fired it? What was the weapon used for it? Where did the bullet casings go? Who witnessed a second shooter? Where do we see this second head shot in the Z film?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 06:12 AM   #110
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,317
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Frankly, you all seem completely dumbfounded when confronted with the evidence and implications of the EOP wound. So no, you're not accelerating the process of convincing me of anything.
When you get around to explaining why speculation after the fact about the head wound location trumps the hard evidence in hand please let us know.

Until then, pin-the-headwound on the drawing isn't even a good parlour game.
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 07:30 AM   #111
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 16,471
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
It comes from the same idea which all of the CT originate: Oswald couldn't have done it alone.
On the contrary, I am of the opinion that Oswald could only have done it alone. You start talking about this with others, and it gets around quickly, and the next thing you know, the whole thing is exposed.

The only way to pull it off is to be completely alone.
__________________
I have a permanent room at the Home for the Chronically Groovy - Floyd from the Muppets
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 08:01 AM   #112
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,317
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
On the contrary, I am of the opinion that Oswald could only have done it alone. You start talking about this with others, and it gets around quickly, and the next thing you know, the whole thing is exposed.

The only way to pull it off is to be completely alone.
^Bingo^
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 08:10 AM   #113
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin
 
zooterkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Berkshire, mostly
Posts: 38,533
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
What's wrong with forensic evidence?
Nothing at all. Do you have some?
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.Bertrand Russell
Zooterkin is correct Darat
Nerd! Hokulele
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 08:12 AM   #114
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,317
Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Nothing at all. Do you have some?
There's plenty, but none of it supports the Ctist pov.
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 08:40 AM   #115
bknight
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 311
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
My favorite piece of LN stupidity is when Bugliosi argued that Oswald buying a Coca-Cola on the second floor instead of a Dr. Pepper on the first floor was evidence of his guilt. Meanwhile, the real truth-seekers are wondering if such an encounter between Oswald and Officer Marrion Baker even really happened.
You consider yourself a "real truth seeker"? Then you must ignore all the evidence of the autopsy and start winging your uneducated theories about what happened, because all of the investigators are ignoramuses or incompetent. The acoustic forensic evidence that was presented at the HSCA that led them to believe a second gunman was involved has been thoroughly debunked, there were not 4 shots fired. Sorry but the real truth seekers have the story, LHO shot 3 times hitting twice, plain and simple. No conspiracy just plain a nobody brought down the most powerful man in the world. Those that did the investigation may have made small errors along the way, most investigations have small errors, but the weight of evidence is against your ideas.

Additionally your link included several links to Jack White and his evidence. I might point out to you that Jack was thoroughly destroyed in his testimony at HSCA. I would not believe anything Jack thinks up, his work is so full of errors, he wouldn't know a measurement if it smacked him in the face.

Last edited by bknight; 31st May 2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added Jack White comment
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 09:08 AM   #116
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
You consider yourself a "real truth seeker"? Then you must ignore all the evidence of the autopsy and start winging your uneducated theories about what happened, because all of the investigators are ignoramuses or incompetent...........
Actually, my friend, I am the one supporting the autopsy's findings. If you disagree with the autopsy, have the gull the say it


Quote:
Additionally your link included several links to Jack White and his evidence. I might point out to you that Jack was thoroughly destroyed in his testimony at HSCA. I would not believe anything Jack thinks up, his work is so full of errors, he wouldn't know a measurement if it smacked him in the face.
Are you referring to the Associated Press newspaper clipping that Jack White had saved?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 09:11 AM   #117
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Nothing at all. Do you have some?
Please consult the last thread, I gave endless evidence from the guys who did the autopsy, but nobody listened because they're stuck with the illusion of consensus on what Kennedy's X-rays and photographs show. Nobody who was there agrees with the Johnny-come-latelys pushing their "four inches higher" interpretation.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 09:12 AM   #118
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,016
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
On the contrary, I am of the opinion that Oswald could only have done it alone. You start talking about this with others, and it gets around quickly, and the next thing you know, the whole thing is exposed.

The only way to pull it off is to be completely alone.
The autopsy's location of the entry wound on the back of the head is incompatible with a single gunshot to the head from the sixth floor of the TSBD.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 09:13 AM   #119
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,111
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Actually, my friend, I am the one supporting the autopsy's findings. If you disagree with the autopsy, have the gull the say it




Are you referring to the Associated Press newspaper clipping that Jack White had saved?
No. You are misinterpreting the autopsy. Did you not suggest before there was something suspicious about the autopsy report being a third draft? Do you now accept those findings?
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2017, 09:15 AM   #120
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,111
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The autopsy's location of the entry wound on the back of the head is incompatible with a single gunshot to the head from the sixth floor of the TSBD.
And yet you provide no better explanation for how the bullets from Oswalds Gun left their fragments, and why no evidence of other bullets exist.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.