ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags JFK assassination , Kennedy conspiracies

Old 8th June 2017, 07:51 PM   #321
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
I would pay money for a time machine just to see the look on any hitman's face when he's handed a .22 rifle with a silencer, and told he has to shoot Kennedy in a motorcade.

Pretty sure it would be the same as when he's told there is a second shooter who's going to be the patsy, and he's armed with a 6.5x52mm.

I would love to be there when this assassination scenario is hatched, and later approved. Multiple gunmen nobody sees, or actually fires their weapons, and we pin it all on a guy like Lee Oswald, a glory-hound who would turn us all in for that medal/reward/fame.
The Onion had a headline on it that was hilarious, but it isn't close to hand.

IIRC they had a list of confiscated murder weapons from a Zipgun to a Ray Gun.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2017, 07:59 PM   #322
Axxman300
Master Poster

That latent CTist in me would love someone to find an Oswald co-conspirator.

Not the dead-horse kind, a well thought-out character.

You know, some guy Oswald meets in New Orleans. Maybe the guy is CIA, sub-contracts with the CIA, or is just an anti-Castro brain-trust guy. This guy gets Oswald fired up, takes him out to a ranch in the swamps where he gets the guy up to speed with his rifle, and gives him basic training in tradecraft.

This guy is mobile, and after Oswald fails with General Walker he comes to town when it is announced that JFK is coming to Dallas. This mystery man drives Oswald to those shooting ranges, and makes sure he is committed to the act. Maybe there is a back-up target if Kennedy has the bubble-top on, who knows.

That's what I would at least listen to. There would have to be pictures, and this mystery man would have taken a few to document Oswald's heroics/treason. You could have the CIA/Maffia hunting this guy down to shut him up for all of the usual reasons, or maybe he just was deep enough in the shadows to be unnoticed by history.

Give me that story and I'd give it a fair hearing.
Old 8th June 2017, 08:01 PM   #323
Axxman300
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post

I'm always surprised to see what stories stick with this one.
Old 8th June 2017, 08:11 PM   #324
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

That latent CTist in me would love someone to find an Oswald co-conspirator.

Not the dead-horse kind, a well thought-out character.

You know, some guy Oswald meets in New Orleans. Maybe the guy is CIA, sub-contracts with the CIA, or is just an anti-Castro brain-trust guy. This guy gets Oswald fired up, takes him out to a ranch in the swamps where he gets the guy up to speed with his rifle, and gives him basic training in tradecraft.

This guy is mobile, and after Oswald fails with General Walker he comes to town when it is announced that JFK is coming to Dallas. This mystery man drives Oswald to those shooting ranges, and makes sure he is committed to the act. Maybe there is a back-up target if Kennedy has the bubble-top on, who knows.

That's what I would at least listen to. There would have to be pictures, and this mystery man would have taken a few to document Oswald's heroics/treason. You could have the CIA/Maffia hunting this guy down to shut him up for all of the usual reasons, or maybe he just was deep enough in the shadows to be unnoticed by history.

Give me that story and I'd give it a fair hearing.
In Conspiratoria there are 10's of suspects that fit that profile to a "T."

The problem is that the various churches of Conspiratoria have never agreed on which suspect to indict and the high priests fight amongst themselves for primacy.

Until peace is declared, the high priests of Conspiratoria will never release the white smoke signifying the final judgement.

ETA: Need I mention the smoke will most likely emanate from a bong?

Last edited by BStrong; 8th June 2017 at 08:12 PM.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2017, 08:11 PM   #325
MicahJava
Master Poster

I would pay money for a time machine just to see the look on any hitman's face when he's handed a .22 rifle with a silencer, and told he has to shoot Kennedy in a motorcade.

Pretty sure it would be the same as when he's told there is a second shooter who's going to be the patsy, and he's armed with a 6.5x52mm.

I would love to be there when this assassination scenario is hatched, and later approved. Multiple gunmen nobody sees, or actually fires their weapons, and we pin it all on a guy like Lee Oswald, a glory-hound who would turn us all in for that medal/reward/fame.
Well, Mr. "I can see the entry wound in the Zapruder Film", the Winchester 74 was advertised as potentially lethal at 100 yards. And see this video of how rapidly it can be fired. And there was only one undeniably lethal wound in Dealey Plaza.
MicahJava is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2017, 08:15 PM   #326
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
And there was only one undeniably lethal wound in Dealey Plaza.
Thank you for your admission. Now where does your one CT website lead you?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2017, 08:16 PM   #327
MicahJava
Master Poster

Why talk vague when you can talk about specific issues?

The part of the skull some here think is the entry crater would have been chipped off in the process of removing the brain. But Dr. Finck arrived at the autopsy after the brain had already been removed and he always said he could examine the crater in the intact skull just fine. This indicates the hole they examined was lower in the skull, near the EOP, and not 4 inches above the EOP like the HSCA put it.

Rebuttal?
Several pages in across two different threads and still no actual rebuttal of this issue.
MicahJava is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2017, 08:18 PM   #328
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Well, Mr. "I can see the entry wound in the Zapruder Film", the Winchester 74 was advertised as potentially lethal at 100 yards. And see this video of how rapidly it can be fired. And there was only one undeniably lethal wound in Dealey Plaza.
My buddy Manny could have killed JFK with a lime thrown from the TSBD.

I think you can safely take him off your suspect list as he was about 9 or 10 years old at the time and was most likely at home with his parents in Washington state.

The speculation in this post is just as relevant as the speculation in yours, but mine might be more entertaining, at least for adults.

Old 8th June 2017, 08:29 PM   #329
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

https://i.imgur.com/hzrXmvD.gifSeveral pages in across two different threads and still no actual rebuttal of this issue.https://i.imgur.com/hzrXmvD.gif
Must have overlooked this, post 315

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=315

Weapons in custody w/ forensic confirmation beats speculation.

Since you earlier saw fit to compare your posts favorably to one of the greatest musicians and composer that have ever came down the road (Miles Davis, for those that missed another MJ's greatest misses) I find it so ironic that another musician using what obviously must have been ESP and the ability to predict the future had a hit song in 1961 predicting your posting style and your ability to communicate your position on this subject:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old 8th June 2017, 08:38 PM   #330
MicahJava
Master Poster

No BStrong, that's called changing the subject. You have no reason to think that this issue is "speculation" instead of proof the cowlick entry is a hoax. And before you screech "shifting the burden of proof", for all I know the brain removal problem is proof of the original low EOP location. I need specific critique to see if it stands up to scrutiny. I need YOUR help but all you've offered is BS.

Last edited by MicahJava; 8th June 2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:05 PM   #331
Axxman300
Master Poster

Yes, and the lethal wound was caused by a 6.5x52mm Carcano round, same at the back-through-neck-through Connally wound. Is round is the only bullet type fired on 11/22/63 in Dealey Plaza. So we can play Youtube videos of awsome guns of all kinds, but there was only one - the Carcano, and that is the 500 pound gorilla in this crime.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:10 PM   #332
Axxman300
Master Poster

No BStrong, that's called changing the subject. You have no reason to think that this issue is "speculation" instead of proof the cowlick entry is a hoax. And before you screech "shifting the burden of proof", for all I know the brain removal problem is proof of the original low EOP location. I need specific critique to see if it stands up to scrutiny. I need YOUR help but all you've offered is BS.
You don't want help.

I don't know how a cell phone works. I can look it up on Google, watch a couple of Youtube videos, but in the end I need to take the experts' word for it all. I'm sure I can also find "experts" who will tell me cell phones are powered by individual demons who all work for Cthulhu. The trick is not to get sucked into woo.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:12 PM   #333
Axxman300
Master Poster

And yes, I can tell where the 6.5x52mm round strikes the back of his head.

It doesn't always look like it does in Hollywood movies.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:16 PM   #334
Axxman300
Master Poster

ETA: Need I mention the smoke will most likely emanate from a bong?
Specifically a second bong on the grassy knoll.
Old 8th June 2017, 10:08 PM   #335
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

No BStrong, that's called changing the subject. You have no reason to think that this issue is "speculation" instead of proof the cowlick entry is a hoax. And before you screech "shifting the burden of proof",for all I know the brain removal problem is proof of the original low EOP location. I need specific critique to see if it stands up to scrutiny. I need YOUR help but all you've offered is BS.
Asking for my help to prove the fact or fiction of your assertion is the text book definition of "shifting the burden of proof" but imo you hold the record for killing the irony meter and ******** meter on this website.

What the jive you are currently married to "proves" is that there is a difference in recollection and perception of the medical evidence, and that is all it proves.

I predict the fall back position will be the JAQ gambit, but you have played this particular angle out as close to the bitter end as possible.

You refuse to consider the established evidence as a whole to focus on one narrow and impossible to clarify piece of speculation that neither one of us has any professional expertise or professional experience in - I've seen a bunch of GSW's to the head. That doesn't make me an expert.

You have continually refused to consider any possibility of human error to be a contributing factor to the differing opinions in evidence about the evidence that is subject to this speculation.

You have repeatedly engaged in speculation specifically related to firearms and related issues when it is absolutely clear you have no idea what you're talking about and that is my particular field of professional expertise.

It's the conspiracy theorist Hat Trick.

Go head on and spin this to your heart's content, but this is about you trying desperately to work an angle on the established facts with no more knowledge of the subject matter than believing what somebody else wrote on the subject, primarily folks with no more knowledge of the subject matter than you - it's not a recipe for success.

Last edited by BStrong; 8th June 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 8th June 2017, 10:15 PM   #336
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Specifically a second bong on the grassy knoll.
Yah Jah! it this mon:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old 9th June 2017, 02:19 AM   #337
MicahJava
Master Poster

BStrong, I don't need your help proving the brain removal problem, I need your help DISproving it!
Old 9th June 2017, 02:39 AM   #338
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/november-22-1963-10584
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 05:20 AM   #339
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

BStrong, I don't need your help proving the brain removal problem, I need your help DISproving it!
You need help showing there is an issue worthy of discussion.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 06:00 AM   #340
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
You need help showing there is an issue worthy of discussion.
Okay, if you think the entry hole was in the cowlick 4 inches above the EOP, how did they remove the brain without separating that part of the skull?
Old 9th June 2017, 06:03 AM   #341
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

In post #335

"You refuse to consider the established evidence as a whole to focus on one narrow and impossible to clarify piece of speculation that neither one of us has any professional expertise or professional experience in - I've seen a bunch of GSW's to the head. That doesn't make me an expert."

Why would you look to me for answers in a field where I have no expertise, and have clearly stated that I have no expertise while completely ignoring the material I post regarding the piece of this issue where I clearly do have professional expertise?

Old 9th June 2017, 06:04 AM   #342
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
Thank you! That's the one.

Old 9th June 2017, 06:16 AM   #343
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Okay, if you think the entry hole was in the cowlick 4 inches above the EOP, how did they remove the brain without separating that part of the skull?
What did the autopsy results say? You've said before that you agree with the autopsy. Were you simply mistaken or did your one CT website tell you to say that?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 06:50 AM   #344
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

With a saw.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 10:57 AM   #345
MicahJava
Master Poster

With a saw.
The doctors had to do very little work with a saw to separate enough of the skull to facilitate removal of the brain. The area of the skull surrounding the large defect was so brittle that pieces just naturally broke off. The depressed cowlick fracture on the X-rays was right beside the large defect, so it almost certainly was among the pieces that easily came off.

And for the life of me, I cannot think of a way you could enlarge the skull cavity enough without also separating the area with the depressed cowlick fracture.
Old 9th June 2017, 11:01 AM   #346
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

The doctors had to do very little work with a saw to separate enough of the skull to facilitate removal of the brain. The area of the skull surrounding the large defect was so brittle that pieces just naturally broke off. The depressed cowlick fracture on the X-rays was right beside the large defect, so it almost certainly was among the pieces that easily came off.

And for the life of me, I cannot think of a way you could enlarge the skull cavity enough without also separating the area with the depressed cowlick fracture.
What does the autopsy say?

Old 9th June 2017, 11:32 AM   #347
Axxman300
Master Poster

What does the autopsy say?
I posted a link late in the other thread wherein Dr Humes discussed how the brain was removed along with just about everything else related to the autopsy. This interview was conducted by a CT-based group, and was hostile to him, and he responded to every answer to the best of his recollection.

MJ didn't bother to read either the pages where the brain being removed was discussed (spoiler: they used the bone saw like they always do), and he didn't read the entire line of questioning.

This is typical with him.

"I want answers!"

Someone posts an answer with a link.

"I want other answers, ones that I agree with."
Old 9th June 2017, 12:04 PM   #348
HSienzant
Illuminator

There's a name for this logical fallacy, MicahJava. Do you recall what it is?

Hank
Old 9th June 2017, 12:16 PM   #349
CORed
Philosopher

https://i.imgur.com/hzrXmvD.gifSeveral pages in across two different threads and still no actual rebuttal of this issue.https://i.imgur.com/hzrXmvD.gif
Black Knight syndrome at its finest. You have presented extremely weak evidence, and other posters have ripped it to shreds. You are looking at your severed arm, saying "It's only a flesh would".
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 12:33 PM   #350
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post

Hank
I know, and I'm willing to bet that he knows, but honesty is not in him.

I'm waiting for an explanation of why he needs my opinion on something I flatly state I'm not qualified to comment on, while ignoring my contributions in the subject matter that is in my field.

Old 9th June 2017, 12:35 PM   #351
HSienzant
Illuminator

The part of the skull some here think is the entry crater would have been chipped off in the process of removing the brain.
According to whom? You?

Hank
Old 9th June 2017, 12:45 PM   #352
HSienzant
Illuminator

Don't get scared of big words like "skull" and "brain".
Ad hominem.

The area of skull around the large defect was very brittle and fractured so easily that the doctors had to do "virtually do no work with a saw" to remove the pieces of bone.
Exactly. So why do you think they had to do anything near the entry wound specifically?

The depressed cowlick fracture was right beside the lower parietal area of the large defect, of course it would have to be separated in the process of removing the brain.
Of course you can cite something besides your own opinion for this?

This is also a simple matter of volume. How much wiggle room do you think an unfixed brain has?
Tell us. This is your argument. You should be prepared to argue specifics. Anything less is just the logical fallacy of shifting the burden of proof.

You remove a human brain, you need to create a big enough opening on the top of the head. It definitely couldn't happen while also keeping the HSCA beveled exit location intact.
Again, according to whom? You?

[Per Finck: "The autopsy had been in progress for thirty minutes when I arrived. Cdr Humes told me that he only had to prolong the lacerations of the scalp before removing the brain. No sawing of the skull was necessary."
Tell us what Finck and Humes meant by "he only had to prolong the lacerations of the scalp before removing the brain. No sawing of the skull was necessary."

Do you understand what that says? Tell us in your own words.

Hank
Old 9th June 2017, 12:46 PM   #353
OKBob
Thinker

I doubt MJ will accept your challenge, Hank, so I'll just note that there are several problems with MJ's statement relating to logic and argumentation.

First, there is the argument from personal incredulity. "I can't believe they did it (or didn't do it) this way. Therefore, they didn't (or did)."

Then there is an implied "If I ran the Zoo" fallacy. "My instincts tell me that X is the way things should be done in this highly technical area. Therefore, things were (or were not) done that way. If they weren't, then the experts deviated from correct procedure."

There is also, of course, a complete lack of foundation laid for MJ's claim to being able to discuss areas of medical science and forensics. This is part of a larger problem of lack of demonstrated qualifications which MJ has never confronted, despite requests to do so. Yesterday it was 3D computer animation and graphics.

And there is embedded question-begging and implied burden-shifting, and probably more, if all the unpacking were worth the candle.

MJ may respond "Blah blah blah," as he has done before. What he doesn't, or won't, get is that observance of logical proprieties is vital to sound argument and effective persuasion. This has been recognized for millennia. But, as with other areas, CTs regard their relationship to logic as optional and dispensable. They are argumentative freelancers on a mission from God, or in pursuit of truth or the defeat of evil, or something.

Last edited by OKBob; 9th June 2017 at 12:48 PM.
OKBob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 12:50 PM   #354
HSienzant
Illuminator

Hank, surely you would know that Stringer's statements are some of the best evidence for missing autopsy photographs.
Absolutely I understand that. Remember that Stringer told one story to Lifton in the 1970's about where the large wound was and another to the ARRB 24 years later about that same wound. He moved the location from the back of the head in 1972 to the top-right of the head in 1976. What's that tell you>

It tells me his recollections are not trustworthy. And this is - by your own admission - "some of the best evidence for missing autopsy photographs".

Untrustworthy recollections is some of your best evidence.

How do you spell toast? I spell it M-I-C-A-H J-A-V-A.

And he specifically denied that the red spot was the entry wound he remembered.
What part of "Untrustworthy recollections" do you fail to grasp?

Hank
Old 9th June 2017, 12:55 PM   #355
HSienzant
Illuminator

You know the ineptitude is getting bad when you wish Hank was back.
I think it was Vonnegut who first opined, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

Hank

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th June 2017 at 02:13 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 12:57 PM   #356
HSienzant
Illuminator

And have you forgotten how I pointed out that the area of skull with the depressed cowlick fracture would've just naturally separated because of how brittle the area around the original large defect was? And how you couldn't remove the brain without first removing that area of the skull?
We haven't forgotten you said that. We haven't forgotten that you never sourced that to any expert opinion either. Last I recall, you were still an uneducated laymen with no medical expertise telling us what you thought.
And we all properly discounted your opinion.

Hank
Old 9th June 2017, 01:05 PM   #357
HSienzant
Illuminator

Quote without comment:

Since this photograph was taken after the brain had already been removed, that would mean they somehow took out his entire brain through a skull cavity not much bigger than this:

https://i.imgur.com/XGu6qby.jpg

How did they do that?
The areas of the skull around the original large head wound were so brittle, they easily separated into fragments. You also have to have a big enough skull cavity to facilitate the removal of the brain.
[quoting Finck]: "The autopsy had been in progress for thirty minutes when I arrived. Cdr Humes told me that he only had to prolong the lacerations of the scalp before removing the brain. No sawing of the skull was necessary."
Hank

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th June 2017 at 02:13 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2017, 01:10 PM   #358
MicahJava
Master Poster

I posted a link late in the other thread wherein Dr Humes discussed how the brain was removed along with just about everything else related to the autopsy. This interview was conducted by a CT-based group, and was hostile to him, and he responded to every answer to the best of his recollection.

MJ didn't bother to read either the pages where the brain being removed was discussed (spoiler: they used the bone saw like they always do), and he didn't read the entire line of questioning.

This is typical with him.

"I want answers!"

Someone posts an answer with a link.

"I want other answers, ones that I agree with."
What in Humes' ARRB testimony settles this problem? He only reaffirmed the same exact points which make the brain removal problem a problem to begin with.
Old 9th June 2017, 01:11 PM   #359
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Black Knight syndrome at its finest. You have presented extremely weak evidence, and other posters have ripped it to shreds. You are looking at your severed arm, saying "It's only a flesh would".
A fresh face! What exactly in this thread settles the brain removal problem?
Old 9th June 2017, 01:13 PM   #360
MicahJava
Master Poster

Hank
Argument from what's your suggestion to the contrary?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories