ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Closed Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 08:39 AM   #3081
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,902
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Note this last pic taken during the day, and as Stacyhs said, note the direction of travel of cars, as well as how low the window is relative to the ground, as well as the obvious concealment below the window invisible to this photo, which is below that wooden fence.
The last pic shows clearly that headlights would not illuminate the cottage. Also, the tree partially obstructs the window and the cottage. Someone climbing that wall is a dark shadow amomgst a lot of shadows.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 09:48 AM   #3082
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Because for so many self-declared religious people, it's "Do as I say, not as I do." For example: anti-abortion, married US Republican congressman, Tim Murphy, recently resigned because, despite his years long anti-pro-choice agenda, he asked his mistress to get an abortion.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You wrote:

"I have clergy in my family history, yet the strange thing is, how they managed to procreate, given they were all Catholics at the time."

What does having a house and not paying land tax have to do with clergy, who were supposed to be celibate, having children?
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
What? You said people became preachers because of hypocrisy.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Nonsense. I never said any such thing. I said:


No one becomes a preacher because of hypocrisy. I said many religious people are hypocrites. I never mentioned WHY people become clergy. You really do have a very bad habit of twisting what people say. You should work on that.
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Stacyhs said that people who enjoyed saying 'do as I say, but not do as I do' were attracted to the clergy. I simply pointed out, that hypocrisy probably wasn't the main aim.
I really am beginning to think you have a reading comprehension problem.

I never said "people who enjoyed saying 'do as I say, but not do as I do' were attracted to the clergy". I said "Because for so many self-declared religious people, it's "Do as I say, not as I do." Notice I did not mention the clergy or who was attracted to it. Being a religious person does not mean they are clergy. Note that I then brought up a US congressman as an example. He is not a member of the clergy. Sheesh, Vixen. Stop twisting what I say. It's getting tedious having to correct you all the time.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 09:52 AM   #3083
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Don't be silly. Offices are deserted at night.
What? No one ever works late at the office? Cleaning crews don't work at night? You think they wash those floors, vacuum, etc during business hours?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 09:54 AM   #3084
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,821
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I really am beginning to think you have a reading comprehension problem.
More to the point, Vixen has a reading comprehension issue with the evidence in this case. For instance (as per above) an easy access point to the cottage becomes an unscalable barrier.

Or pointing out that there's no evidence which convicts the pair, makes Knox our heroine.

If it weren't for her reading comprehension difficulties she'd have no case at all.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:16 AM   #3085
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,985
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What? No one ever works late at the office? Cleaning crews don't work at night? You think they wash those floors, vacuum, etc during business hours?
Why no. All offices are strictly closed at 5 pm to facilitate the ritual satanic sacrifices that are held there after dark. The cleaners must wait until afterwards to mop up the aftermath and must be finished by 9 am.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:17 AM   #3086
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It meets the definition.

Have a look at the car park CCTV nearby at San Antonio for that time (which is technically in the same road as Pergola).

You can see many many people coming and going, as they park their cars on a level overlooking the cottage.

In any case, as the judges point out, Guede had been to the cottage on three occasions so would have been aware of better and more discreet entry points than a steep 12'4" drop.
Technically it was a "boulder" but no one (except you) thinks of a rock that can be easily picked up and thrown several feet as a boulder. Technically a tomato is a fruit but who thinks of it as a fruit and not a vegetable? Boston Terriers are technically not terriers. Technically an artichoke is a flower.

Let's look at the other points of entry into that cottage. ALL the windows, with the exception of Filomena's, Amanda's, and one off the terrace (which had shutters) were covered by grates. Amanda's window was half the size of Filomena's making it a smaller target for the rock..er..boulder..and access much more difficult. The door onto the terrace had a heavy wooden shutter which would have been locked.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=1507827451375

It's quite possible Guede accessed the terrace first but, finding both the window and door shutters locked, went around the other side and saw Filomena's shutters were not pulled all the way shut.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 12th October 2017 at 10:40 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:35 AM   #3087
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,821
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Why no. All offices are strictly closed at 5 pm to facilitate the ritual satanic sacrifices that are held there after dark. The cleaners must wait until afterwards to mop up the aftermath and must be finished by 9 am.
They also have to do a second, forensic clean - which removes evidence that the first clean up had taken place.

But they must also leave a forensic profile of only one of the people involved. This is important to leave the option open to frame them.

But to mask this, accuse a fourth person knowing that they'd have no forensic trace at the scene.

Then, botch it all by leaving a bloody foottrack on a mat of one of you, and leave your own lamp in the murderroom. Because after doing a clean to remove things to the DNA level intentionally leaving those blunders is a nice touch.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:37 AM   #3088
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Would YOU pose with a self-professed satanist and notorious childkiller/sodomist/rapist and call him a friend?


Your heroine does.

If this picture doesn't turn your stomach...
I addressed nine of your claims. Instead of discussing those, you come back with something completely unrelated.

How about that citation for Darko being Guede's password? Not that his password has jack to do with Sollecito or Knox. Did Guede even have a computer? It would have been confiscated by the police but it is not mentioned by the techs at all. In fact, only 5 are mentioned: AK's, MK's, 2 of RS's, and Lumumba's. In fact, the one he was using when caught at the school was the one stolen from the law office. Unless you can provide a citation, I'll have to consign this to the ever- growing, stinking pile of false claims.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 10:41 AM   #3089
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,902
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Come now. We all know it was a boulder!

Concerning the room being in full view of oncoming traffic, the oncoming traffic was on the right hand side of the street with the cottage on the left. The headlights would not have shone on the dark window but straight ahead.
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It meets the definition.

.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Technically it was a "boulder" but no one (except you) thinks of a rock that can be easily picked up and thrown several feet as a boulder. Technically a tomato is a fruit but who thinks of it as a fruit and not a vegetable? Boston Terriers are technically not terriers. Technically an artichoke is a flower.
This is something most people don't quite grasp. I use to get in arguments with Grinder about this. Words don't actually have 'fixed' definitions. They have usages that can change over time. A mouse to an exterminator is a rodent and it's computer entry device to a computer user. A 'napkin' to an American is very different item than what it is to someone who lives in South Africa. A 'theory' has a very different usage to a scientist than it does colloquially.

According to Wikipedia:
In geology, a boulder is a rock fragment with size greater than 25.6 centimetres (10.1 in) in diameter.[1] Smaller pieces are called cobbles and pebbles. While a boulder may be small enough to move or roll manually, others are extremely massive.[2] In common usage, a boulder is too large for a person to move
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:40 PM   #3090
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yes...... where exactly were these "better and more discreet entry points"?

(When you give your answer, please consider a) iron bars over windows; b) heavy front doors locked with a multi-level mortice lock; and c) modern double-glazed windows and French doors, whose glass would be extremely difficult to break without specialist tools, and whose (locked) frames would be difficult to force or jemmy).

Over to you

Stop dissembling. Mez had no problem popping down to feed the cat and water the plants.

In fact, Knox herself claims she 'ran downstairs to the neighbours and banged on their door', so there was obviously no iron grate across it.

By Knox' own account.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:41 PM   #3091
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No. Just No. What a stupid claim. In my office, there could be anyone there at any time 24/7. Indeed, I have been there through the night.
You sat in the office in the dark?
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:43 PM   #3092
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Do you remember Kermit's powerpoints, available on Peter Quennell's TKMK? Six years ago, just before the first acquittal, he'd put together a powerpoint showing how impossible the climb in through Filomena's window was.

I was still getting my feet on this whole case. Yet just the year before I'd seen young men climb all over our house when we had our windows replaced - what was a sheer wall foe me turned out to have obvious climbing points, not obvious to me, as the guys took out and replaced windows, mainly without scaffolding.

I'd asked one of the guys which window he'd choose if he were interested in breaking in. He pointed to the smallest window, one facing the street. I asked, "Why not around back where there is no visibility?" He looked at me like I was an idiot, "Because that window is easy to get to, and I'd be in before anyone noticed."

It was not a matter of the search for the "easiest" way in. It was simply an assessment of one point of entry's success... why waste time studying the site when by that time you're in rifling the place?

Then another buddy of mine (yes, I once had two buddies!) who worked with the RCMP took a look at Kermit's powerpoint on the "impossibility of the breakin. He said that whoever Kermit was, Kermit was completely overthinking this. He advised Kermit to keep his day-job. Filomena's window was an obvious, easy point of entry.

So here we are, six years later, and Vixen is recycling long-since debunked PGP memes.

Indeed, Channel 5 put an end to this debate by actually getting someone to do what Kermit had said was impossible. That demonstration was so successful, the nutter had to resort to conspiratorializing the whole demonstration.....
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...324c05488e.jpg

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...10b9df2c7a.jpg

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...10bc402256.jpg

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...615e2e2171.jpg

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_5397156510bed3a68a.jpg[/url]

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...a6b2a87266.jpg
Note this last pic taken during the day, and as Stacyhs said, note the direction of travel of cars, as well as how low the window is relative to the ground, as well as the obvious concealment below the window invisible to this photo, which is below that wooden fence.

LOL a 6'6" professional rock climber, paid to rehearse it over and over again, until he got up to the window by grasping the bars that were not there as of 1 Nov 2007.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:45 PM   #3093
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Why no. All offices are strictly closed at 5 pm to facilitate the ritual satanic sacrifices that are held there after dark. The cleaners must wait until afterwards to mop up the aftermath and must be finished by 9 am.
Do look up the word 'hypothethical'.

Come back and let us know if you believe the police should ignore the date when investigating a crime scene.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:46 PM   #3094
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
This is something most people don't quite grasp. I use to get in arguments with Grinder about this. Words don't actually have 'fixed' definitions. They have usages that can change over time. A mouse to an exterminator is a rodent and it's computer entry device to a computer user. A 'napkin' to an American is very different item than what it is to someone who lives in South Africa. A 'theory' has a very different usage to a scientist than it does colloquially.

According to Wikipedia:
In geology, a boulder is a rock fragment with size greater than 25.6 centimetres (10.1 in) in diameter.[1] Smaller pieces are called cobbles and pebbles. While a boulder may be small enough to move or roll manually, others are extremely massive.[2] In common usage, a boulder is too large for a person to move

Words can mean anything to a PIP.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 12:49 PM   #3095
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,821
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
LOL a 6'6" professional rock climber, paid to rehearse it over and over again, until he got up to the window by grasping the bars that were not there as of 1 Nov 2007.
None of what you just posted is true, save for one claim.

He's not 6'6". He's not a professional rock climber. He was not paid (although I do not know that one for sure.) He did not rehearse. He specifically said it would have been easier to climb without the bars, because that would have left a larger ledge to grab and sit on.

You did get it right, that the bars were not there on Nov 1, 2007. Why do you suppose the owner put bars on the window?

It is telling that you would just make stuff up.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 01:21 PM   #3096
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,902
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Words can mean anything to a PIP.
Apparently, you think the PIP is different from the rest of society?

Again, Wikipedia says a boulder is:

2] In common usage, a boulder is too large for a person to move

Most of us are not Geologists or speak middle English.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:26 PM   #3097
bytewizard
Graduate Poster
 
bytewizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,691
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Every time Vixen posts this strawman her credibility goes down a notch.
This is an impossibility. I have read the entire thread without posting but couldn't help myself. Weighing the facts and lies presented, it's PIP's 100, PGP's 0.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:29 PM   #3098
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,821
Originally Posted by bytewizard View Post
This is an impossibility. I have read the entire thread without posting but couldn't help myself. Weighing the facts and lies presented, it's PIP's 100, PGP's 0.
That's just cynical!
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:35 PM   #3099
Methos
Muse
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 644
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Do you remember Kermit's powerpoints, available on Peter Quennell's TKMK? Six years ago, just before the first acquittal, he'd put together a powerpoint showing how impossible the climb in through Filomena's window was.
I do, and heck, I'll have to confess, that back then (in late 2011) I was impressed...
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I was still getting my feet on this whole case.
It was an interesting time back then, wasn't it?

The real sources were few and hard to find.
PMF.org had a "working" photo gallery and a few translations, IIP had a few (translated) court documents, TJMK had the powerpoints and a lot of opinion, friendsofamanda had the CSI photos and videos, and PMF.net had "FOAKer Tuesday"... And this forum (JREF back then) was the place to go to, if you wanted to hear both sides...

The interesting thing is, that now - almost 10 years after Meredith Kercher was murdered by Rudy Guede - the reporting about "the case" has gone back to cartwheels, kisses and underwear. Here is a podcast I stopped listening to after Nancy Grace put "Bubbles" into the same league as "Victoria's Secret"

Speaking of podcasts, someone should tell Mr van der Leek and Ms Wilson, that the Daily Mail is not a source.
Btw. giggling and laughing Ms Wilson plays the part of the stupid blonde in this podcast just perfectly...
__________________
"Found a typo? You can keep it..."
Methos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:48 PM   #3100
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Oh dear. Here we go rationalising again.

You are either Mr. Gullible, or Disingenuous.

Or maybe you feel people shouldn't be punished for crimes, just like your idol.

1) Who is my "idol", please?

2) Explain to me exactly how/why you believe I am being gullible or disingenuous

3) Explain to me exactly how you believe I feel others shouldn't be punished for their crimes

4) Explain to me exactly what bearing a photo of Knox standing next to Echols - regardless of any opinion on Echols -has to do with a rational analysis of Knox's involvement (or otherwise) in the Kercher murder
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:50 PM   #3101
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 5,943
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Every time Vixen posts this strawman her credibility goes down a notch.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

That would literally be impossible.

ETA Ninja'd by bytewizard!
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 02:57 PM   #3102
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Stop dissembling. Mez had no problem popping down to feed the cat and water the plants.

In fact, Knox herself claims she 'ran downstairs to the neighbours and banged on their door', so there was obviously no iron grate across it.

By Knox' own account.

Wow.

You obviously don't understand that Kercher had her bf's keys which obv would have included the key to the door and the grate (interesting though that you omit to mention the type of plants they were - not keen to spoil the artificial sanctity of Kercher, huh?!).

So at a stroke your entire "argument" is rendered moot.

And so I'll ask you once again: what exactly were these easier points of entry for Guede? By all means expand things to the boys' cottage as well as the virls' upper cottage if you like.

Chop chop! And no more attempted diversions or misdirections please!
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 03:02 PM   #3103
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
I do, and heck, I'll have to confess, that back then (in late 2011) I was impressed...

It was an interesting time back then, wasn't it?

The real sources were few and hard to find.
PMF.org had a "working" photo gallery and a few translations, IIP had a few (translated) court documents, TJMK had the powerpoints and a lot of opinion, friendsofamanda had the CSI photos and videos, and PMF.net had "FOAKer Tuesday"... And this forum (JREF back then) was the place to go to, if you wanted to hear both sides...

The interesting thing is, that now - almost 10 years after Meredith Kercher was murdered by Rudy Guede - the reporting about "the case" has gone back to cartwheels, kisses and underwear. Here is a podcast I stopped listening to after Nancy Grace put "Bubbles" into the same league as "Victoria's Secret"

Speaking of podcasts, someone should tell Mr van der Leek and Ms Wilson, that the Daily Mail is not a source.
Btw. giggling and laughing Ms Wilson plays the part of the stupid blonde in this podcast just perfectly...

Ah well give Ms Wilson her due though: this IS a pretty hilarious and frivolous subject matter, after all. And it's not as if Ms Wilson has any pretensions whatsoever to (or talent for, or recognition for) being a serious, credible, acclaimed investigative author.......
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 03:11 PM   #3104
Methos
Muse
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 644
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Ah well give Ms Wilson her due though: this IS a pretty hilarious and frivolous subject matter, after all. And it's not as if Ms Wilson has any pretensions whatsoever to (or talent for, or recognition for) being a serious, credible, acclaimed investigative author.......
Well, Ms Wilson's giggling and stupid laughing are signs, that the only thing she's interested in, is her part of the paycheck...
__________________
"Found a typo? You can keep it..."

Last edited by Methos; 12th October 2017 at 03:25 PM.
Methos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 03:12 PM   #3105
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,821
Originally Posted by Bill Williams
Do you remember Kermit's powerpoints, available on Peter Quennell's TKMK? Six years ago, just before the first acquittal, he'd put together a powerpoint showing how impossible the climb in through Filomena's window was.
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
I do, and heck, I'll have to confess, that back then (in late 2011) I was impressed...
I was just confused. And by that, I blame myself, because I simply could not see why - when trying to follow Kermit's powerpoint about the "impossibility" of the break-in - I could not see why it had ruled it out.

It was particularly because of the way Judge Massei, in his 2010 motivations report, had "ruled out the break-in" on completely other grounds, other than its impossibility.

When my buddy said that "Kermit" had been overthinking the break-in, I now get the feeling that by that he meant that I had been overthinking it. Break-ins are relatively straightforward operations; by their very nature. (He'd also mentioned that I should not be looking at anonymous, so-called expert analyses of things, even if they'd been gussied-up in fancy power-points.)

In any event, Kermit had had another powerpoint, called the 150 questions that Amanda Knox had to answer before he'd believe in her innocence. At first, I'd been impressed by the sheer number of questions remaining, and for me this was my initiation to it all in the month before and the days after the first acquittal. (To be honest, once the DNA evidence collapsed in 2011, I got sucked in to Peter Quennell's claim of "all the other evidence". After spending an ungodly number of keystrokes going through "all the other evidence", including "sex on a train" and the "fake break-in", it turned out there was no "all the other evidence"..... to which people like Vixen said after conceding that there'd not been any, "Yes, but what about the DNA!")

One of those questions Kermit had asked? "Does Knox know the phase of the moon for Nov 1, 2007?" Wow. Investigative nuance!!!

For what it is worth.....
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 12th October 2017 at 03:19 PM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 03:43 PM   #3106
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by bytewizard View Post
This is an impossibility. I have read the entire thread without posting but couldn't help myself. Weighing the facts and lies presented, it's PIP's 100, PGP's 0.
Have you ever thought of becoming a High Court Judge?
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 03:46 PM   #3107
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
1) Who is my "idol", please?

2) Explain to me exactly how/why you believe I am being gullible or disingenuous

3) Explain to me exactly how you believe I feel others shouldn't be punished for their crimes

4) Explain to me exactly what bearing a photo of Knox standing next to Echols - regardless of any opinion on Echols -has to do with a rational analysis of Knox's involvement (or otherwise) in the Kercher murder
He's not just standing next to her, he calls her a 'friend'.

Blimey.

You are gullible if you really believe the WM3 are innocent, or disingenuous if you know they are not, but hate to see criminals jailed.

Knox said in her article about the Michelle Carter she didn't think criminals should be punished.

You're some kinda Lord Longford character with a bleeding heart for murderers. These monsters are your idols.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 03:55 PM   #3108
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Wow.

You obviously don't understand that Kercher had her bf's keys which obv would have included the key to the door and the grate (interesting though that you omit to mention the type of plants they were - not keen to spoil the artificial sanctity of Kercher, huh?!).

So at a stroke your entire "argument" is rendered moot.

And so I'll ask you once again: what exactly were these easier points of entry for Guede? By all means expand things to the boys' cottage as well as the virls' upper cottage if you like.

Chop chop! And no more attempted diversions or misdirections please!

Knox by her own account says she banged on the door of the boys downstairs.

She wouldn't do that if the guard was up, because it would be obvious no-one was home.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:14 PM   #3109
bagels
Graduate Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,761
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
He's not just standing next to her, he calls her a 'friend'.

Blimey.

You are gullible if you really believe the WM3 are innocent, or disingenuous if you know they are not, but hate to see criminals jailed.

Knox said in her article about the Michelle Carter she didn't think criminals should be punished.

You're some kinda Lord Longford character with a bleeding heart for murderers. These monsters are your idols.
Because Perugia's town burglar was a crazed lunatic who butchered a student I'm supposed to give a **** who some random American girl hangs out with or what she says? It doesn't work that way. Get a grip.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:15 PM   #3110
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Knox by her own account says she banged on the door of the boys downstairs.

She wouldn't do that if the guard was up, because it would be obvious no-one was home.

What on earth has this got to do with the matter at hand?

Even if the grill was not over the door of the lower (boys') cottage at the time -and I don't believe it was, judging by video footage of the police office Zugarini breaking down the door with her considerable heft the following afternoon - and even if Knox knocked on the grill-less door that morning...... why on earth wiuld that even begin to imply that the door would have been an easy and/or quick point of ingress for Guede?? The doors on both the upper and lower cottage were pretty sturdy.

And there are two other important factors to consider: firstly, Guede was friends with the boys in the lower cottage, so it's entirely feasible that the boys' cottage was never even a potential object for his break in and burglary (by contrast, he barely knew the girls in the upper apartment, and thus might have felt far less compunction stealing their belongings);and secondly, Guede would easily realise that if he broke in through Romanelli's window, he could immediately pull the exterior shutters closed behind him and thereby conceal effectively all evidence of the break in to anyone outside the cottage or returning to the cottage - by contrast, if he'd forced a door (whether the door to the upper or lower cottage), he'd know he'd be leaving immediately visible evidence of his break in to anyone looking from the outside or returning home. Guede would probably have been very keen to buy himsekgvas much time as possible - both while he was inside committing the burglary and once he left the vicinity, in order to make it as hard as possible to connect him to the crime.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:21 PM   #3111
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Because Perugia's town burglar was a crazed lunatic who butchered a student I'm supposed to give a **** who some random American girl hangs out with or what she says? It doesn't work that way. Get a grip.

Haha yeah that pretty much sums up the (correct) view of all rational, logical observers.

Per Vixen's argument, anyone who's ever had their photo taken with, say, OJ Simpson must themselves be more likely to be guilty of any crime they might ever have been accused of.....

It really is desperate, highly partisan, vindictive, illogical, unscientific grasping at straws from most of the pro-guilt commentators at this point.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:31 PM   #3112
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
What on earth has this got to do with the matter at hand?

Even if the grill was not over the door of the lower (boys') cottage at the time -and I don't believe it was, judging by video footage of the police office Zugarini breaking down the door with her considerable heft the following afternoon - and even if Knox knocked on the grill-less door that morning...... why on earth wiuld that even begin to imply that the door would have been an easy and/or quick point of ingress for Guede?? The doors on both the upper and lower cottage were pretty sturdy.

And there are two other important factors to consider: firstly, Guede was friends with the boys in the lower cottage, so it's entirely feasible that the boys' cottage was never even a potential object for his break in and burglary (by contrast, he barely knew the girls in the upper apartment, and thus might have felt far less compunction stealing their belongings);and secondly, Guede would easily realise that if he broke in through Romanelli's window, he could immediately pull the exterior shutters closed behind him and thereby conceal effectively all evidence of the break in to anyone outside the cottage or returning to the cottage - by contrast, if he'd forced a door (whether the door to the upper or lower cottage), he'd know he'd be leaving immediately visible evidence of his break in to anyone looking from the outside or returning home. Guede would probably have been very keen to buy himsekgvas much time as possible - both while he was inside committing the burglary and once he left the vicinity, in order to make it as hard as possible to connect him to the crime.

Would, could, should. If, but, if. If my grandma wore trousers she'd be my granddad.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:33 PM   #3113
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Haha yeah that pretty much sums up the (correct) view of all rational, logical observers.

Per Vixen's argument, anyone who's ever had their photo taken with, say, OJ Simpson must themselves be more likely to be guilty of any crime they might ever have been accused of.....

It really is desperate, highly partisan, vindictive, illogical, unscientific grasping at straws from most of the pro-guilt commentators at this point.
I am sure Knox and Echols are your kinda guys.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:42 PM   #3114
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Would, could, should. If, but, if. If my grandma wore trousers she'd be my granddad.

What???

Please address the pertinent question: why would the lack of a locked grill over the sturdy, locked front door to the lower cottage have made that door a materially more likely break-in entry target for Guede?

(And again, in your answer please address the matter of the boys in the downstairs cottage being Guede's friends (thus potentially reducing or even eliminating Guede's appetite for stealing from the downstairs cottage), and the fact that forcing a door makes it likely to be immediately apparent to anyone looking from the outside that there had been a break-in (while conversely, the simple act of closing the exterior shutter would have effectively hidden any sign of a break-in through the window))

I look forward with anticipation to you actually addressing the matter at hand in your next response.....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:44 PM   #3115
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,902
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am sure Knox and Echols are your kinda guys.
Both innocent.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:46 PM   #3116
bagels
Graduate Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,761
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Would, could, should. If, but, if. If my grandma wore trousers she'd be my granddad.
Isn't "would could should if and but" your explanation for why a known knife carrying two story burglar found all over the murder scene isn't the killer but it's two students that didn't know him acting out a vampire manga and their subsequent acquittal(s) due to weak evidence a mafia conspiracy?

Just lol
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:47 PM   #3117
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
What???

Please address the pertinent question: why would the lack of a locked grill over the sturdy, locked front door to the lower cottage have made that door a materially more likely break-in entry target for Guede?

(And again, in your answer please address the matter of the boys in the downstairs cottage being Guede's friends (thus potentially reducing or even eliminating Guede's appetite for stealing from the downstairs cottage), and the fact that forcing a door makes it likely to be immediately apparent to anyone looking from the outside that there had been a break-in (while conversely, the simple act of closing the exterior shutter would have effectively hidden any sign of a break-in through the window))

I look forward with anticipation to you actually addressing the matter at hand in your next response.....

Don't change the context. YOU said it was not rational to expect a presumed 'Rudy the Burglar' to enter the premises at an easier and more logical place, BECAUSE there were barres and grilles all over the place which would require a crowbar, so instead he shimmered up a sheer wall, if, but, could, should, blah blah blah
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:48 PM   #3118
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,392
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Both innocent.
Oh dear.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:55 PM   #3119
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Don't change the context. YOU said it was not rational to expect a presumed 'Rudy the Burglar' to enter the premises at an easier and more logical place, BECAUSE there were barres and grilles all over the place which would require a crowbar, so instead he shimmered up a sheer wall, if, but, could, should, blah blah blah


Oh off we go again.....

I ACTUALLY asked you to outline exactly which, in your belief, were the easier points of ingress for Guede (easier than Romanelli's window, that is). And you've consistently failed to list those other ingress points, together (of course) with well-reasoned arguments as to why Guede would have chosen them rather than Romanelli's window. Instead, I've been "treated" to irrelevant tangents and strawman misrepresentations of my actual request.

Care to have another go?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th October 2017, 04:57 PM   #3120
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
I tried to listen, but that high pitched, agitated voice of her, and the above mentioned "Bubbles=Victoria's Secret" thing, caused my check out...
Question from a German:"That woman was on TV and popular in the US?"
With some people. Thank goodness her awful TV show is off the air. Like Acbystesla, I cannot abide the woman. She's disgusting. Grace has never met a defendant she didn't think was guilty and never admits when she's wrong. Reminds me of someone else around here.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.