ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags artificial intelligence , consciousness , Edward Witten , Max Tegmark

Old 1st September 2017, 10:08 PM   #161
RussDill
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
No where did I mention I had "super knowledge that even PhDs don't have".

What I mentioned instead, was that I evaluate components that PhDs in machine learning don't demonstrate in their latest works.
So what you are suggesting is just a small iterative improvement and not anything revolutionary?
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 10:10 PM   #162
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
That's baloney. You don't need a USD account to buy stuff online. Claiming that you do is untrue.
Where did I supposedly claim that only usd accounts may be used to purchase things online?
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 10:17 PM   #163
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
So what you are suggesting is just a small iterative improvement and not anything revolutionary?
Thought curvature, or any other model that encodes the machine learning related algebra of supermanifolds, is a likely viable model that may non-trivially form artificial general intelligence, as evidence shows that beyond manifolds, cognitive science concerns super-symmetric phenomena.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 10:36 PM   #164
RussDill
Philosopher

Thought curvature, or any other model that encodes the machine learning related algebra of supermanifolds, is a likely viable model that may non-trivially form artificial general intelligence, as evidence shows that beyond manifolds, cognitive science concerns super-symmetric phenomena.
So you are claiming to have solved the strong AI problem, the holy grail of AI research, but sure, nowhere have you claimed that you have "super knowledge that even PhDs don't have".

Last edited by RussDill; 1st September 2017 at 10:40 PM.
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 10:39 PM   #165
RussDill
Philosopher

Where did I supposedly claim that only usd accounts may be used to purchase things online?
You seemed to be going on an on about your bank difficulties in relation to purchasing cloud compute time. Your comments seemed to center around USD accounts.

Are you now claiming that you understand that USD accounts are not required to purchase things in the US? I know that I use my bank card to purchase things in person and online all the time in other currencies.
Old 1st September 2017, 10:55 PM   #166
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

You seemed to be going on an on about your bank difficulties in relation to purchasing cloud compute time. Your comments seemed to center around USD accounts.

Are you now claiming that you understand that USD accounts are not required to purchase things in the US? I know that I use my bank card to purchase things in person and online all the time in other currencies.
Amazon operates across many regions beyond the US, and so, it is silly for you to try to claim that I thought USD accounts were required to purchase things in the US, given that Amazon operates in many regions beyond the US.
Old 1st September 2017, 10:57 PM   #167
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Tell me more about pish.
Old 1st September 2017, 10:58 PM   #168
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan
So you are claiming to have solved the strong AI problem, the holy grail of AI research, but sure, nowhere have you claimed that you have "super knowledge that even PhDs don't have".
No.
I have highlighted some relevant portions from my prior response.

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 1st September 2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:35 PM   #169
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Right here...
I often refer to the visa card in relation to a USD account, because typically, transactions occur in terms of us dollars.
A "USD account" is irrelevant. You simply threw it in as a red herring.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:47 PM   #170
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Right here...

A "USD account" is irrelevant. You simply threw it in as a red herring.
Of what relevance is your response amidst the original post?
..and still, no where had I expressed that USD accounts were necessary for all online transactions.
Old 2nd September 2017, 03:46 AM   #171
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Of what relevance is your response amidst the original post?
..and still, no where had I expressed that USD accounts were necessary for all online transactions.
You stated...

Unfortunately, until very recently, I had not any USD account, in order to make purchases on the cloud.
Knowing full well that a USD account is not necessary.

What word would you use to describe such a statement?
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:14 AM   #172
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The forum software won't allow me to post it.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 2nd September 2017 at 05:15 AM.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:59 AM   #173
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

You stated...

Unfortunately, until very recently, I had not any USD account, in order to make purchases on the cloud.
Knowing full well that a USD account is not necessary.

Okay, time to spell things out real clear for you, as usual abaddon:

A USD account may not be necessary, but a USD account may be used to fulfill the task at hand.

Whatever account is usable for online shopping, I lacked a way to make online purchases.

The question is why did you automatically translate my recent obtaining of a USD account, into "I was waiting on a USD account, as only through USD accounts can one do online shopping"?

Did you think I was born with a way to shop online? Don't you think I had to acquire some way to do online shopping?

Why do you proceed to post inconsequential, irrelevant *****?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 2nd September 2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:17 AM   #174
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The question is why did you automatically translate my recent obtaining of a USD account, into "I was waiting on a USD account, as only through USD accounts can one do online shopping"?

The question is, do you understand that if you cite not having a USD account as a reason that you are unable to do online shopping you are implying that a USD account is needed for online shopping?

The question was perhaps rhetorical.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 2nd September 2017 at 06:20 AM.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:42 AM   #175
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
The question is, do you understand that if you cite not having a USD account as a reason that you are unable to do online shopping you are implying that a USD account is needed for online shopping?

The question was perhaps rhetorical.

Why still, do you choose to so fervently coerce:

(1) 'I was waiting on account X, to do online shopping"

Into

(2) 'I was waiting on account X, because only account X facilitates online shopping'.

FOOTNOTE:
Why bother to join in with abbadon to express utter *****?

If you are not equipped to handle the original post, why bother to post inconsequential *****?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 2nd September 2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:04 AM   #176
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Into

(2) 'I was waiting on account X, because only account X facilitates online shopping'.

I didn't. I pointed out that your statement implied that a USD account is necessary.

And I'm not "coercing" anything. You are the one who is torturing the English language (although you have not yet forced it to reveal your meaning).

FOOTNOTE:
Knock it off with the unnecessary "footnotes".

Old 2nd September 2017, 07:30 AM   #177
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Into

FOOTNOTE:
Why bother to join in with abbadon to express utter *****?

If you are not equipped to handle the original post, why bother to post inconsequential *****?
I didn't. I pointed out that your statement implied that a USD account is necessary.

And I'm not "coercing" anything. You are the one who is torturing the English language (although you have not yet forced it to reveal your meaning).

FOOTNOTE:
Knock it off with the unnecessary "footnotes".
You pointed out nothing, for I had long stated (See source) that no where had I expressed that the usage of USD accounts is the only way to do online shopping.

Now either sensibly contribute w.r.t. to the original post, or cease to post invalid, irrelevant *****.

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 2nd September 2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:55 AM   #178
fagin
Illuminator

Needs more footnotes.
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:37 PM   #179
RussDill
Philosopher

No.
I've highlighted the much more revelant portion of your quote:

Quote:
Don't think couching it in "likely" and "non-trivially" changes much.

BTW, I like how you kept saying "USD account" over and over, and then backtracked and said you just meant the "account" part, the USD portion was irrelevant. As, you don't have any type of bank account at all.

Last edited by RussDill; 2nd September 2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 2nd September 2017, 02:10 PM   #180
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

No.

Quote:
Just more thesaurial fanwankery.

BTW, I like how you kept saying "USD account" over and over, and then backtracked and said you just meant the "account" part, the USD portion was irrelevant. As, you don't have any type of bank account at all.
Well, what exactly did he say?

Quote:
That is simply flat out wrong and he knows it. We live in an age of IBAN and BIC and SWIFT, etc. Until a couple of months ago I had one single customer remaining who issued cheques and I finally battered that to death. I am now E-commerce all the way.
ProgrammingGodJordan seems innocent of this, thinking that one must establish an account in the appropriate currency in order to trade in said currency.

This is obviously wrong.

How, you might ask, do I know this? Well, a significant part of my daily toil is to code this kind of stuff. ProgrammingGodJordan is talking utter bollocks. There is nowhere else to place it.
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:28 PM   #181
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

There was no such backtracking.

You proceed to falsely coerce "I was waiting until USD account was setup, in order to do online shopping" into "I was waiting for a USD account, because only USD accounts facilitate online shopping".

FOOTNOTE:
No where had I said I solved strong Ai.
The above remains true, regardless of your feelings.
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:34 PM   #182
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Just more thesaurial fanwankery.

Well, what exactly did he say?

That is simply flat out wrong and he knows it. We live in an age of IBAN and BIC and SWIFT, etc. Until a couple of months ago I had one single customer remaining who issued cheques and I finally battered that to death. I am now E-commerce all the way.
ProgrammingGodJordan seems innocent of this, thinking that one must establish an account in the appropriate currency in order to trade in said currency.

This is obviously wrong.

How, you might ask, do I know this? Well, a significant part of my daily toil is to code this kind of stuff. ProgrammingGodJordan is talking utter bollocks. There is nowhere else to place it.
Like your comrade above, you proceed to falsely coerce "I was waiting until USD account was setup, in order to do online shopping" into "I was waiting for a USD account, because only USD accounts facilitate online shopping".

What do you gain in expressing such nonsense?

Why can't your responses demonstrate the understanding that simply, my mentioning I got a USD account for the purpose of doing online shopping, does not necessitate that USD accounts are the only means of online business?

Do you not see that you are ironically wrong, for strictly bounding those words such that the false necessitation arises?

FOOTNOTE:
When shall you finally contribute, with respect to the original post?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 2nd September 2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:41 PM   #183
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Needs more footnotes.
I ponder whether such footnotes are feasible or helpful.

The level of discourse on some skeptical websites, amidst some users, are quite the disappointment.

I ponder whether they are trolling.

Some of the quality of discourse is akin to theistic nonsense.

Perhaps they are theistic?
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:55 PM   #184
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

L"I was waiting until USD account was setup, in order to do online shopping"
Why exactly was that an obstacle to online shopping?
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:10 PM   #185
Thermal
Graduate Poster

...Of what relevance is your response amidst the original post?...
...I don't detect any sensible data amidst your response...
...The level of discourse on some skeptical websites, amidst some users, are quite the disappointment...
My sweet, sweet brother is back in the saddle.

Drink!

Previously known as MostlyDead. Felling better now.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:15 PM   #186
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
My sweet, sweet brother is back in the saddle.

Drink!
Yup. Our proponent thinks that such wordy baloney wordiness lends weight.

It doesn't.
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:21 PM   #187
Thermal
Graduate Poster

Yup. Our proponent thinks that such wordy baloney wordiness lends weight.

It doesn't.
'Blather' appears to be the pretentious expression du jour. 'Ponder' is making a strong showing as well. I'm afraid they'll have to be added to the drink-trigger-word list.

Previously known as MostlyDead. Felling better now.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:19 PM   #188
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
'Blather' appears to be the pretentious expression du jour. 'Ponder' is making a strong showing as well. I'm afraid they'll have to be added to the drink-trigger-word list.
I favour "amidst" on the basis that it is deployed so inappropriately.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:57 PM   #189
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

I was waiting until USD account was setup, in order to do online shopping"
Why exactly was that an obstacle to online shopping?
Without the setup of the USD account (or any other internationally aligned, suitable account), I could not do online shopping internationally.

That I was waiting in particular for USD account to be set up (I have to setup some form of international account anyway) does not necessitate that only USD accounts facilitate online shopping.

FOOTNOTE:
Have you not anything valid to contribute at all (w.r.t. the OP)?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 2nd September 2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:21 PM   #190
RussDill
Philosopher

What is an international aligned account? And why would it be required to purchase cloud computing resources? Again, I have several bank accounts and bank cards. None of them are special in any way but I've had no problems making international purchases online or in person in a variety of currencies.
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:29 PM   #191
RussDill
Philosopher

Looking online several Jamaican banks still offer debit cards both with and without VISA. Is this what you are trying to say?
Old 3rd September 2017, 12:23 AM   #192
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

What is an internationally aligned account? And why would it be required to purchase cloud computing resources? Again, I have several bank accounts and bank cards. None of them are special in any way but I've had no problems making international purchases online or in person in a variety of currencies.
I can't directly use a local Jamaican account to purchase anything internationally.

An internationally aligned account, not surprisingly, is any account that facilitates shopping on an international scale.
Old 3rd September 2017, 12:24 AM   #193
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Looking online several Jamaican banks still offer debit cards both with and without VISA. Is this what you are trying to say?
As I said before, any internationally aligned account shall suffice such that I may make purchases globally.

FOOTNOTE:
Anything to contribute (w.r.t. to OP) beyond talk of debit cards?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 3rd September 2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 3rd September 2017, 12:28 AM   #194
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I favour "amidst" on the basis that it is deployed so inappropriately.
Betwixt is my favourite. Despite showing PGJ that it is a direct replacement for between and can only be used for the specific circumstance of being between two physical objects, he carries on abusing it.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 01:00 AM   #195
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Betwixt is my favourite. Despite showing PGJ that it is a direct replacement for between and can only be used for the specific circumstance of being between two physical objects, he carries on abusing it.
Pay attention in particular to item 4 on the following list of betwixt usage examples:

https://www.foboko.com/sentence-dict...nglish/betwixt

QUESTION:
Have you anything sensible to contribute, wrt to the original post?
Old 3rd September 2017, 01:34 AM   #196
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Snipped generic PGJ nonsense

What do you gain in expressing such nonsense?

Snipped additional nonsense
That's the question you should answer.

Your "NB" jive is weak.

Even giving it the benefit of the doubt it's clear that this is some fixation based on delusions of grandeur.

Your philosophical/pseudo scientific claptrap has no merit.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 01:54 AM   #197
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Pay attention in particular to item 4 on the following list of betwixt usage examples:

https://www.foboko.com/sentence-dict...nglish/betwixt

None if the items there support your usage of the word "betwixt". It is possible that it doesn't always display exactly the same quotations.

Can you quote the item that you think supports your usage?

Quote:
QUESTION:
Have you anything sensible to contribute, wrt to the original post?

Do you?

Old 3rd September 2017, 03:21 AM   #198
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Without the setup of the USD account (or any other internationally aligned, suitable account), I could not do online shopping internationally.

That I was waiting in particular for USD account to be set up (I have to setup some form of international account anyway) does not necessitate that only USD accounts facilitate online shopping.

FOOTNOTE:
Have you not anything valid to contribute at all (w.r.t. the OP)?
I can't directly use a local Jamaican account to purchase anything internationally.

An internationally aligned account, not surprisingly, is any account that facilitates shopping on an international scale.
That's total crap. Both personally and commercially, I have bought and sold "on an international scale" whatever that is. Setting up a USD account is unnecessary and you know it.
Old 3rd September 2017, 10:00 AM   #199
RussDill
Philosopher

As I said before, any internationally aligned account shall suffice such that I may make purchases globally.
I eagerly await the groundbreaking results of your experiments.
Old 3rd September 2017, 10:35 AM   #200
fagin
Illuminator

You might want to find something else to do for the next month or so....

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology