ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags artificial intelligence , consciousness , Edward Witten , Max Tegmark

Reply
Old 4th October 2017, 07:58 AM   #321
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Dude, you used the wrong word. Stop embarrassing yourself by looking for a loophole. Everyone uses the wrong word now and then. Accept the criticism and move on.
Is that the only sensible thing you can hope to contribute, although ironically, your accusation is misplaced, since there was no such misuse?

Why do you feel the word was misused? Or do you simply like the Jordan attacking bandwagon?
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 07:58 AM   #322
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 68,654
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
@Halleyscomet, RealityCheck had already been shown to lack basic Machine Learning know how.
What have you programmed that's worth talking about?
__________________
渦巻く暗雲天を殺し 現る凶事のうなりか

Argumemnon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 08:00 AM   #323
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
(1) I had not accused him or her of any such thing
Now we can add blatantly lying about your own words to the list of ways you're a piss-poor communicator.

You conduct yourself as a man looking to argue, not as a man looking to educate.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 08:36 AM   #324
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Now we can add blatantly lying about your own words to the list of ways you're a piss-poor communicator.

You conduct yourself as a man looking to argue, not as a man looking to educate.
I need not lie, I present the record for all to see. (See here)

Your comradery for RealityCheck doesn't suddenly necessitate that the truth disappears, and it certainly doesn't suddenly render me a liar...
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 08:38 AM   #325
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
What have you programmed that's worth talking about?
Irrelevant question; that doesn't suddenly erase that person's blunder.

At the very least though, I have coded:

(1) Simple neural net, important for understanding fundamentals:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennet...NEURAL-NETWORK

(2) Residual neural network:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennet...ETECTION-MODEL

(3) Quasicrystal themed algorithm as a path for ai navigation:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennet...PATH-ALGORITHM


(4) Although not programmed directly, (using ibm's quantum computing platform) a concise record of quantum computation, geared towards programming thought curvature:

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ntum_computing


(5) Not a program, but where RealityCheck offered (See here) an irrelevant one line description of deep q learning, I had long organized a detailed guideline that one may use to help code deep q net:

https://www.quora.com/Artificial-Int...rdan-Bennett-9


(6) Most importantly, thought curvature's experiment - though far from a complete solution, I have began to do work in aims of constructing the super Hamiltonian structure required by thought curvature, in relation to deep q learning.

Note that a complete solution is optimal on a quantum computer, as one may discover by reading paper.

See %Backpropagation in regressiom.m:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennett/God

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 08:42 AM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:09 AM   #326
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
I need not lie, I present the record for all to see. (See here)

Your comradery for RealityCheck doesn't suddenly necessitate that the truth disappears, and it certainly doesn't suddenly render me a liar...
You need to learn that doubling down on an obvious lie may work for Donald Trump at a political rally, but it doesn't fly here.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:11 AM   #327
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
Irrelevant question; that doesn't suddenly erase that person's blunder.

At the very least though, I have coded:

(1) Simple neural net, important for understanding fundamentals:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennet...NEURAL-NETWORK

(2) Residual neural network:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennet...ETECTION-MODEL

(3) Quasicrystal themed algorithm as a path for ai navigation:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennet...PATH-ALGORITHM


(4) Although not programmed directly, (using ibm's quantum computing platform) a concise record of quantum computation, geared towards programming thought curvature:

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ntum_computing


(5) Not a program, but where RealityCheck offered (See here) an irrelevant one line description of deep q learning, I had long organized a detailed guideline that one may use to help code deep q net:

https://www.quora.com/Artificial-Int...rdan-Bennett-9


(6) Most importantly, thought curvature's experiment - though far from a complete solution, I have began to do work in aims of constructing the super Hamiltonian structure required by thought curvature, in relation to deep q learning.

Note that a complete solution is optimal on a quantum computer, as one may discover by reading paper.

See %Backpropagation in regressiom.m:

https://github.com/JordanMicahBennett/God
Of what utility are your programs in a research or commercial capacity?

Who is using them and what are they using them for?
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:14 AM   #328
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
You need to learn that doubling down on an obvious lie may work for Donald Trump at a political rally, but it doesn't fly here.
At the day's end, all can verify for themselves, the scenario as is recorded here.

Anything sensible to contribute w.r.t. to the original post, anything at all?
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:17 AM   #329
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
At the day's end, all can verify for themselves, the scenario as is recorded here.

Anything sensible to contribute w.r.t. to the original post, anything at all?
I'm just participating in the thread in the same spit with which you appear to approach it.

Well, almost. I'm not lying about anybody.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:18 AM   #330
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Of what utility are your programs in a research or commercial capacity?

Who is using them and what are they using them for?
(1) Currently, I am yet to fulfill the super-hamiltonian structure as shown in the words "though far from a complete solution".

(2) In the world of research, there are countless stretches of time where initial iterations of novel paradigms are first and foremost, actually built prior to being used in the field.

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 09:22 AM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:21 AM   #331
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
(1) Currently, I am yet to fulfill the super-hamiltonian structure as shown in the words "though far from a complete solution".

(2) In the world of research, there are countless stretches of time where initial iterations of novel paradigms are first and foremost, actually built prior to being used in the field.
In other words, nobody is using it for anything.

Thank you for clarifying. My bar guide gets more use than your code.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:23 AM   #332
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
In other words, nobody is using it for anything.

Thank you for clarifying. My bar guide gets more use than your code.
Yes, as indicated in my prior words, the super-hamiltonian structure's algorithm with regards to deep q learning is not yet done.

As a great example, this paper by Bengio is not being used anywhere, for any commercial capacity, and yet it may prove quite useful in a future scope.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:31 AM   #333
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
In other words, nobody is using it for anything.

Thank you for clarifying. My bar guide gets more use than your code.


And also if we are talking about irrelevant downloads:

(1) A book of mine with one customer review too:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072TXZ18M/

(2) Even more, a very old game editor thing of mine, with 9,620 downloads:
https://www.gtagaming.com/ivgarage-e...ng-f14454.html

(3) Even more still, another very old game editor thing of mine with 28,316 downloads:

https://www.gtagaming.com/ivpm-gta-i...ps-f14136.html
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:48 AM   #334
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
And also if we are talking about irrelevant downloads:

(1) A book of mine with one customer review too:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072TXZ18M/

(2) Even more, a very old game editor thing of mine, with 9,620 downloads:
https://www.gtagaming.com/ivgarage-e...ng-f14454.html

(3) Even more still, another very old game editor thing of mine with 28,316 downloads:

https://www.gtagaming.com/ivpm-gta-i...ps-f14136.html
That's nice.

Irrelevant, but nice.

Nearly 40,000 downloads for game editors for popular games. Wow. And you have a book that name drops someone famous in the title. Cool.

My programming is used largely in finical markets. Do you have any metrics on actual usage, or do you just have the downloads? Download metrics aren't very indicative of anything, especially for apps that have been around for a long time.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 4th October 2017 at 10:09 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:58 AM   #335
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Sigh

Well, if you're going to try and turn my off hand joke into some sort of publication list measuring contest:

I'm a computer programmer working largely in the financial industry. People actually USE my code.

I have a handful of books available Amazon.com, not just the one I mentioned before:


I was raised in a very conservative household and used to be a right-wing Creationist Conservative Christian, but I got better. I've read the Bible cover to cover in multiple translations.

I have a long history of dismantling religious nut-bars and occasionally blog about it.

Please, feel free to peruse my blog to get to know me better. As a special bonus, I'll let you pick any one of the books on the list I posted above, and I'll arrange for the ebook version to be free for a day sometime this week.

(1) Those irrelevant numbers still don't quite add up to my irrelevant numbers.

(2) I see you have books with 0 customer reviews too, here is my match: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073MVY6YK/

(3) I also worked as a programmer in a similar sector, where my software is provided for millions of Jamaicans to use, although that software is not artificial intelligence, and thus I don't fancy mentioning this.

(4) If your blog, or any of your content concerns artificial general intelligence, I won't hesitate to opt for any free copy.

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 10:00 AM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 10:15 AM   #336
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
(1) Those irrelevant numbers still don't quite add up to my irrelevant numbers.
So? It's a hobby. I haven't exactly put much effort into marketing.

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
(3) I also worked as a programmer in a similar sector, where my software is provided for millions of Jamaicans to use, although that software is not artificial intelligence, and thus I don't fancy mentioning this.
So you claim.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 10:44 AM   #337
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
So? It's a hobby. I haven't exactly put much effort into marketing.



So you claim.
Have you ever considered doing artificial intelligence work, if you haven't already done so?
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 10:52 AM   #338
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,648
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
Have you ever considered doing artificial intelligence work, if you haven't already done so?
It's not an area that interests me. I'm doing a little dabbling in TensorFlow, but that's more for amusement than anything practical.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 10:56 AM   #339
RussDill
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,424
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
(b) My papers lack the entire description about “mapping and verifying conscious actions in culture” via language, whereby my papers don’t intend to describe a framework for consciousness.
The word you are looking for is essay. A paper includes research, but you haven't actually done any, so it's just an essay.
__________________
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and lines to code before I sleep
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 11:37 AM   #340
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
The word you are looking for is essay. A paper includes research, but you haven't actually done any, so it's just an essay.
I am a bit ill now, but I shall answer anyway:

I was not born with knowledge.

Unfortunately, brain upgrades aren't here yet that may allow one to quickly download data without doing a lot of research, so not surprisingly, I had to do research.

How do you suggest I came up with an experiment for thought curvature, without researching?

Here is a quick snippet of the experiment proposal:

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan
How does one compile the above, without doing research?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 11:52 AM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 11:57 AM   #341
RussDill
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,424
In the terminology of academic paper, research doesn't mean, "Look stuff up". It means design an experiment, do the experiment, and analyze the results.
__________________
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and lines to code before I sleep
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 12:28 PM   #342
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
In the terminology of academic paper, research doesn't mean, "Look stuff up". It means design an experiment, do the experiment, and analyze the results.
You words are not entirely true.

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan
Apart from a few more things I need to do to complete the experiment proposal as you see in the image above, I can't actually implement the design above; if one reads the thought curvature paper one may quickly find out that the design concerns quantum computation/computers, which I have no access to...


Footnote:
In the world of research, there are countless stretches of time where initial iterations of novel paradigms are first and foremost, actually built (i.e. theories designed by some entity before some separate body performs experiments) prior to being used in the field.

As a great example, this paper by Bengio has no experimental design, let alone experimental results, and yet it may prove quite useful in a future scope.

At least for now, I am still improving the experiment design as seen in thought curvature.

Apart from your inaccurate words, do you have anything to contribute w.r.t. to the OP? (You may use this conversation on thought curvature on science forums as a guide)

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 12:33 PM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 12:53 PM   #343
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,001
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
I am a bit ill now, but I shall answer anyway:

I was not born with knowledge.

Unfortunately, brain upgrades aren't here yet that may allow one to quickly download data without doing a lot of research, so not surprisingly, I had to do research.

How do you suggest I came up with an experiment for thought curvature, without researching?

Here is a quick snippet of the experiment proposal:



How does one compile the above, without doing research?
Wheee. Copypasta spammage. Just what we need more of. How many times have you barfed that image? I have lost count.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 04:20 PM   #344
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
@RealityCheck

Also, why not pursue Artificial Intelligence if possible?...
@ProgrammingGodJordan

I have never stated that I disagree with pursuing AI.
The point I am trying to make is that ignorant, incoherent and obscure PDFs on the Internet are not anyone pursuing AI.

This is a science section of the forum. People here know about science. They know that there are more than 2 people in the world doing AI research !

Last edited by Reality Check; 4th October 2017 at 04:24 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 04:27 PM   #345
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Wink

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
@ProgrammingGodJordan

I have never stated that I disagree with pursuing AI.
The point I am trying to make is that ignorant, incoherent and obscure PDFs on the Internet are not anyone pursuing AI.
Perhaps if you pursued Ai, the PDF wouldn't appear like gibberish to you.

I've exchanged emails with people like Bengio Yoshua, about the contents of Thought Curvature, and he didn't respond to me as if the paper was gibberish.

At any cost, physics probably won't be complete without describing the observer (i.e. human level intelligence)

Perhaps Tegmark is onto something fruitful...
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 04:49 PM   #346
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Thumbs down A link repeating a delusion that Deepmnd has an "atari q architecture"

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
thought curvature's experiment...
5 October 2017: A link to a PDF repeating a delusion of a "Deepmnd atari q architecture".

15 August 2017: Ignorant nonsense about Deepmind
18 August 2017: Repeated "atari q" gibberish when DeepMind is not an Atari machine and has no "q" (does have Q-learning)

P.S. A small nitpick is that DeepMind is the company. The Atari video games AI is "The Arcade Learning Environment (ALE)" as stated in Playing Atari with Deep Reinforcement Learning. That paper has only 2 DeepMind words (company name and email address).
The latest on ALE: Revisiting the Arcade Learning Environment: Evaluation Protocols and Open Problems for General Agents (September 2017)

5 October 2017: No experiment at the given link or PDF!
The image he has given before that looks like gibberish is not an experiment of any kind. Which leads to:
5 October 2017: A PDF section title lies about a probable experiment.
"A probable experiment: A Transverse Field Ising Spin (Super)–Hamiltonian Quantum Computation" is followed by no experiment at all!
High school science students have a good idea what an experiment is. What an experiment is comprehensively taught to physicists (me in a previous life) in their first year at university. By the time I went onto post-graduate work I had done dozens of experiments so I can recognize one. Since he goes on about QFT - that was a good part of my thesis which was a "Hamiltonian Quantum Computation" on nearly magnetic dilute alloys.

Last edited by Reality Check; 4th October 2017 at 05:03 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:10 PM   #347
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Thumbs down A lie about an "irrelevant one line description of deep q learning"

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
Not a program, but where RealityCheck offered (See here) an irrelevant one line description of deep q learning,
5 October 2017: A lie about an "irrelevant one line description of deep q learning".
That post is you insulting me. The "one line description" is a lie. I did not describe "deep q learning" at all. I cited the Wikipedia DeepMind company article and quoted a partial sentence about their neural network.

You stated that I wrote an "irrelevant one line description of deep q learning". This is a lie because
  • I cited an relevant Wikipedia article.
    You mentioned DeepMind so DeepMind is relevant !
  • I did not write any description about "deep q learning".
    I gave a quote from the Wikipedia DeepMind company article
The full post is
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Into the introduction and:
15 August 2017 ProgrammingGodJordan: Ignorant nonsense about Deepmind.

DeepMind is a "neural network that learns how to play video games in a fashion similar to that of humans". It can play several Atari games. It does not have an architecture related to those Atari games. What DeepMind does have is "a convolutional neural network, with a novel form of Q-learning". I have found 1 Google DeepMind paper about the neural network architecture that explicitly includes pooling layers but not as an implemented architecture element, Exploiting Cyclic Symmetry in Convolutional Neural Networks.

What is missing in the PDF is any references for DeepMind.

Last edited by Reality Check; 4th October 2017 at 05:36 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:23 PM   #348
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
5 October 2017: A lie about an "irrelevant one line description of deep q learning".
That post is you insulting me. The "one line description" is a lie. I did not describe "deep q learning" at all. I cited the Wikipedia DeepMind company article and quoted a partial sentence about their neural network. The full post is
No such lie was told.

You ironically just showed that my statement was accurate, where I mentioned that you described deep q learning in a single line.
That partial quoting was a brief line, done by yourself, apparently unbeknownst to yourself.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:25 PM   #349
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
5 October 2017: A link to a PDF repeating a delusion of a "Deepmnd atari q architecture".

Edited by Agatha:  Edited material sent to the split thread


Why is it invalid to express that Deepmind presented a model that could play atari, using q learning, i.e. an atari q architecture?


Originally Posted by Reality Check
Why say that I expressed an "ignorant statement", where I mentioned that atari q left out pooling layers, when in fact they did leave out pooling layers?

See this breakdown not by me, why atari q left out pooling layers.

Originally Posted by Reality Check
Originally Posted by Reality Check
P.S. A small nitpick is that DeepMind is the company. The Atari video games AI is "The Arcade Learning Environment (ALE)" as stated in Playing Atari with Deep Reinforcement Learning. That paper has only 2 DeepMind words (company name and email address).
The latest on ALE: Revisiting the Arcade Learning Environment: Evaluation Protocols and Open Problems for General Agents (September 2017)
I don't know what you are on about above, but here is a detailed, intuitive, mathematical description of mine, regarding Deepmind's flavour of deep q learning (written in 2016):

https://www.quora.com/Artificial-Int...rdan-Bennett-9



Originally Posted by Reality Check
5 October 2017: No experiment at the given link or PDF!The image he has given before that looks like gibberish is not an experiment of any kind. Which leads to:
5 October 2017: A PDF section title lies about a probable experiment.
"A probable experiment: A Transverse Field Ising Spin (Super)–Hamiltonian Quantum Computation" is followed by no experiment at all.
An experiment is proposed, see a snippet here:



Beyond designing the above experiment to some degree, I can't do much beyond that, as I don't have access to a quantum computer.

Last edited by Agatha; 5th October 2017 at 11:50 AM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:30 PM   #350
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
Here is a quick snippet of the experiment proposal:
That is still not an experiment. It is not a proposal for an experiment. It is the entire section, not a "snippet".
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:37 PM   #351
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
No such lie was told.
I have added to 5 October 2017: A lie about an "irrelevant one line description of deep q learning"
Quote:
You stated that I wrote an "irrelevant one line description of deep q learning". This is a lie because
  • I cited an relevant Wikipedia article.
    You mentioned DeepMind so DeepMind is relevant !
  • I did not write any description about "deep q learning".
    I gave a quote from the Wikipedia DeepMind company article
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:40 PM   #352
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
That is still not an experiment. It is not a proposal for an experiment. It is the entire section, not a "snippet".
(1) I don't recall mentioning anywhere that it was an actual experiment, but a proposal instead.

I even ensure to note this in the paper; notice the "Probable" term before experiment.

(2) The highlighted portion of your quote above is merely your opinion, fueled by your demonstrably ignorant prior statements; as I said before,
I've exchanged emails with people like Bengio Yoshua, about the contents of Thought Curvature, and he didn't respond to me as if the paper was gibberish.

Notably the nature of Bengio's responses likely hold validity in contrast to yours; you have demonstrated that you weren't aware that deep q models could exclude pooling.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:49 PM   #353
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
That is still not an experiment. It is not a proposal for an experiment. It is the entire section, not a "snippet".
Also, it is a snippet; the proposal for the experiment concerns the Supermanifold Hypothesis in Deep Learning, which underlines possible structures to be considered in the proposal experiment (i.e. "supersymmetric tensors"), which the image from the thought curvature paper does not include...

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 05:51 PM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:50 PM   #354
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Edited by Agatha:  Edited material sent to the split thread


The Arcade Learning Environment architecture does not any part of the Atari architecture. ALE does not have a "q" architecture. Thus "atari q architecture" is doubly wrong. Anyone who read about the DeepMind company knows this.
DeepMind
Quote:
As opposed to other AIs, such as IBM's Deep Blue or Watson, which were developed for a pre-defined purpose and only function within its scope, DeepMind claims that their system is not pre-programmed: it learns from experience, using only raw pixels as data input. Technically it uses deep learning on a convolutional neural network, with a novel form of Q-learning, a form of model-free reinforcement learning.[2][36] They test the system on video games, notably early arcade games, such as Space Invaders or Breakout.[36][37] Without altering the code, the AI begins to understand how to play the game, and after some time plays, for a few games (most notably Breakout), a more efficient game than any human ever could.[37]
ALE has a convolutional neural network, Q-learning with reinforcement learning architecture.

An aside: It would be interesting to see if ALE could be implemented on an Atari machine to play Atari games !

Last edited by Agatha; 5th October 2017 at 11:50 AM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:54 PM   #355
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,727
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
(1)...
I read what you wrote. Read what I wrote. I will make it clearer:
5 October 2017: No experiment at all, proposed or actual at the given link or PDF!
5 October 2017: A PDF section title lies about a probable experiment no experiment at all, proposed or actual.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 06:19 PM   #356
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
..and as I mentioned prior, others such as Bengio, don't appear to respond to me in a manner that would underline that the paper is gibberish..

Footnote:
From prior instances, you appear to demonstrate lack of awareness of basic machine learning know how.

For example, on 15 August 2017, when I underlined in the paper, Deepmind's atari q model, that excluded pooling, why did you then go on to discuss some paper that including pooling? (See your original response here)

Your words after the above quote in a later reply: "I already knew about their use in convolutional neural networks so I went looking for their possible use for DeepMind."

Why did you go searching for pooling use in Deepmind models after I had underlined that such convolutional neural net based models excluded pooling in atari q?

Was that not a false intuition of yours that atari q indeed, included pooling, or possibly, that neural nets with convolutional layers could not exclude pooling?

Why go on to search for something that merely included pooling if your expectations were supposedly comprised of models that naturally excluded pooling?

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 4th October 2017 at 06:26 PM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 09:01 AM   #357
RussDill
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,424
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
I can't actually implement the design above; if one reads the thought curvature paper one may quickly find out that the design concerns quantum computation/computers, which I have no access to...
Wow, you are much farther out of your league than I had guessed. First it's "I don't have access to GPU compute resources". And now it's "I don't have access to quantum compute resources". How incredibly convenient. Lucky for you, I know a think or two about computation and computability theory.

Mathematicians and computer scientists have an official "measure" of the power of something to be computed. There are various classifications:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability_theory

Anyone who knows enough about quantum theory and Turing machines can quickly come to the realization that a quantum computer is Turing complete, nothing more. In fact, there is a long list of programs that will run your quantum algorithm on a classical computer:

https://www.quantiki.org/wiki/list-qc-simulators

There's even this site on online one with a web interface that uses GPU resources.
__________________
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and lines to code before I sleep
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 10:01 AM   #358
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,951
intelligence/cognitive ability and sentience are at best very loosely connected:

single-cell organisms, hives and plenty of machines can react intelligently to changes in the environment - but no one would argue that by making them bigger/faster they would become more sentient.
Complexity also isn't a useful criterion: our brain isn't more complex than a tropical storm, yet no one things of the weather as being sentient.

in short: making A.I. faster and better doesn't mean that it will become more sentient.
__________________
“I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.” - Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 5th October 2017 at 10:02 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 11:52 AM   #359
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Moderator
 
Agatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 12,046
Mod Info The derail into offensive language and competency in written English has been split to a new thread here.

Please stay on topic in this thread, and be mindful of your Membership Agrements.
Posted By:Agatha
__________________
Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet. Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 12:03 PM   #360
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jamaica
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Wow, you are much farther out of your league than I had guessed. First it's "I don't have access to GPU compute resources". And now it's "I don't have access to quantum compute resources". How incredibly convenient. Lucky for you, I know a think or two about computation and computability theory.

Mathematicians and computer scientists have an official "measure" of the power of something to be computed. There are various classifications:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability_theory

Anyone who knows enough about quantum theory and Turing machines can quickly come to the realization that a quantum computer is Turing complete, nothing more. In fact, there is a long list of programs that will run your quantum algorithm on a classical computer:

https://www.quantiki.org/wiki/list-qc-simulators

There's even this site on online one with a web interface that uses GPU resources.


(1) I still lack sufficient GPU resources, in order to do particular tests w.r.t. to certain parts involving thought curvature.

(2) If you read the paper you would find that the paper is based on something called the quantum boltzmann machine, and quantum reinforcement learning.

So the outcome is that I lack yes, both GPU resources, and Quantum Computing resources.

Thanks for trying to help, but you ended up attacking my thread without evidence, like many others here have done.

If you're going to attack, attack with evidence please, and actually take more than 5 minutes to read thought curvature.

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 5th October 2017 at 12:10 PM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.