ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd October 2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Steve001
Graduate Poster

The genesis of a new CT- Las Vegas shooting

Where else but from the Clues Forum.
http://http://www.cluesforum.info/vi...b840c4777ab3c0
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:37 AM   #2
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic...b840c4777ab3c0 may work a bit better. One might ask why the first post on ISF on this subject is clearly intended to prevent people viewing the Clues Forum's bold exposé by mangling the URL so badly they'll think the page doesn't exist .

But seriously, folks: It's weird the way nobody there even considers the possibility that this might be a real event. They're so far down the rabbit hole they've forgotten that there even is a way out.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:53 AM   #3
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

This comment:

Originally Posted by omaxsteve
Until someone shows anyone actually injured or even bleeding we will have to assume that this was just another staged event
Has he even watched the news? There were people injured (406) and some of them had blood on them. This one guy who was interviewed on CNN (the one who started to believe in god again... ), his sister's legs had blood spats from other people on her.

Are the nocluers living inside a cave or something?

Also, what's with that guy who's so focused on the fact that 2 pictures have a pyramid in it? Lemme guess, Imaginatti?

JC Denton

Last edited by tinribmancer; 4th October 2017 at 05:54 AM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 05:56 AM   #4
Steve001
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic...b840c4777ab3c0 may work a bit better. One might ask why the first post on ISF on this subject is clearly intended to prevent people viewing the Clues Forum's bold exposé by mangling the URL so badly they'll think the page doesn't exist .

But seriously, folks: It's weird the way nobody there even considers the possibility that this might be a real event. They're so far down the rabbit hole they've forgotten that there even is a way out.

Dave
It wasn't an intentional mangle. I wonder if these folks have a mental disease?
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 06:01 AM   #5
tinribmancer

Just saw this:

Originally Posted by Nathan Draco
This guy appears to have just made his channel. One of his videos talk about "trump says there were bombs in the twin towers" <_<

Then he pushes the idea that the government would "kill some people but fake other deaths".

I think we should be more weary of where we get our videos from due to the unusually high spike of disinfo "crazy conspiracy hoaxer" videos on YouTube on this event. I've seen like 10 garbage hoax videos already from the same guys who push chemtrail theories and alex jones crap.
The irony that a crank who believes that this is a "hoax", posting this kind of bollocks...

Originally Posted by Steve001 View Post
It wasn't an intentional mangle. I wonder if these folks have a mental disease?
I'm pretty sure they do.

JC Denton

Last edited by tinribmancer; 4th October 2017 at 06:02 AM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 08:21 AM   #6
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Also, what's with that guy who's so focused on the fact that 2 pictures have a pyramid in it? Lemme guess, Imaginatti?
Has anyone told him the shooting happened across the street from the Luxor? Or is his "point" (excluding the one I assume must be on the top of his head) that the Luxor is, like, Illuminati HQ or something?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 08:27 AM   #7
Ranb
Philosopher

To Clues forum members the mass media is in on it all. One of the signs that an event is a false flag or staged event is coverage by the mass media.

One of you guys should register on the forum to try and talk some sense into them. Chances are you will not be allowed to register as you must send an e-mail to the administrator Simon Shack and tell him why you wish to participate. I lasted a short time there a while back. A few of my friends also tried to post there and were given the boot after a short period of time.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:29 AM   #8
threadworm
Graduate Poster

The nutjobs out there are going frantic with this one, they can't work out which side he was on, so they can't decide which conspiracy angle to take. Over at ATS they're getting all of a lather over who he used to work for, what with him reportedly being a millionaire and all.

Dang it, it must be a conspiracy, it simply must...

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 09:41 AM   #9
Argumemnon
World Maker

This comment:

Has he even watched the news? There were people injured (406) and some of them had blood on them. This one guy who was interviewed on CNN (the one who started to believe in god again... ), his sister's legs had blood spats from other people on her.
Those were just performers.

The problem with CT ideology is that like all ideologies of its kind it becomes more extreme with time, until reality itself is a hoax.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 10:23 AM   #10
Praktik
Philosopher

...all the world is a stage....

or so i'm told
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 10:57 AM   #11
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Praktik View Post
...all the world is a stage....

or so i'm told
Maybe, but cluesforum is the tale, told by an idiot.
Old 4th October 2017, 11:07 AM   #12
foophil
Graduate Poster

I have to admit that when news was first rolling in on this shooter that he was a pretty average, normal guy (not accurate anymore of course), and that he had no prior criminal convictions, no evidence of extremist views, etc., my first thought was "Oh, here we go again with the CT's. This is the perfect Manchurian Candidate, or person who was forced to carry this out by "THEM" or else "THEY" will murder his family". Something along those lines at least.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 11:23 AM   #13
MicahJava
Master Poster

Somebody at work told me today that it would be highly unlikely that an old guy could fire that many rounds for that long. Anybody know the originator of that claim?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 11:29 AM   #14
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And, as expected, Alex Jones chimes in:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-j...-along-with-it

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 11:30 AM   #15
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I'll go ahead and dispute the assertion that this is "a new CT". This is just the now-typical wash-rinse-repeat CT that we get with every mass shooting. Crisis actors (all of them bad actors, too boot), fake blood, "No one would react like that", multiple shooters, This woman looks like that woman so it's fake, yada yada yada. The same crap, time after time.
Old 4th October 2017, 11:45 AM   #16
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I'll go ahead and dispute the assertion that this is "a new CT". This is just the now-typical wash-rinse-repeat CT that we get with every mass shooting. Crisis actors (all of them bad actors, too boot), fake blood, "No one would react like that", multiple shooters, This woman looks like that woman so it's fake, yada yada yada. The same crap, time after time.

It is almost like the conspiracy loons have a standard form for conspriacies, with blanks for inserting new names.

Right now at Infowars theories about a "Second Shooter" seem to be the most popular,displaying a massive ignorance of basic ballistics.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 4th October 2017 at 11:46 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 12:09 PM   #17
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It is almost like the conspiracy loons have a standard form for conspriacies, with blanks for inserting new names.
www.madlibs.com
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 12:16 PM   #18
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Somebody at work told me today that it would be highly unlikely that an old guy could fire that many rounds for that long. Anybody know the originator of that claim?
Who cares? It's an unsubstantiated claim. As usual, you're JAQing off.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 12:24 PM   #19
threadworm
Graduate Poster

You work with him and don't know his name?

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 12:34 PM   #20
Steve001
Graduate Poster

It's easy to modify a semi automatic gun to fire like an automatic. Two methods I just saw in the news are to use a bump stock or use a trigger crank.
Old 4th October 2017, 12:49 PM   #21
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
This is just the now-typical wash-rinse-repeat CT that we get with every mass shooting. Crisis actors (all of them bad actors, too boot), fake blood, "No one would react like that", multiple shooters, This woman looks like that woman so it's fake, yada yada yada. The same crap, time after time.
It's so common, in fact, that some of these people apparently believe there's NEVER been a real mass shooting or terrorist attack.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 02:45 PM   #22
Ranb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve001 View Post
It's easy to modify a semi automatic gun to fire like an automatic. Two methods I just saw in the news are to use a bump stock or use a trigger crank.
No mods needed at all. Hold the rifle loosely against your shoulder. Lock the trigger finger firmly in place on the trigger and take up the slack. Push the fore-end of the rifle forward with the other hand; the rifle fires, recoil drives the rifle back into the shoulder causing the trigger /sear to release. Continued pressure on the for-end depresses the trigger again. Rapid semi-auto fire continues until the magazine is empty.

With or without a slide fire stock it takes practice. There are videos of people doing this with rifles and pistols on youtube.
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 02:53 PM   #23
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SOdhner View Post
It's so common, in fact, that some of these people apparently believe there's NEVER been a real mass shooting or terrorist attack.
Most of the Cluesforum members believe that nothing has ever happened that they have not personally witnessed. Indeed we had a general Cluesforum thread here years ago where I linked to a thread there where two members basically denied each others existence.

You really cannot escape reality much further than that.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 4th October 2017 at 02:56 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 03:13 PM   #24
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Most of the Cluesforum members believe that nothing has ever happened that they have not personally witnessed. Indeed we had a general Cluesforum thread here years ago where I linked to a thread there where two members basically denied each others existence.

You really cannot escape reality much further than that.

Norm
Does this thread still exist?

JC Denton

Old 4th October 2017, 09:50 PM   #25
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

My BiL has been posting a lot of "how is it possible he got the guns up there, disabled the smoke alarms, broke the 'hurricane glass' Windows, & managed to hit that many people!??!" type stuff of FB since it happened. He's not listening to any of the explanations. I'm starting to worry about him.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:59 PM   #26
Axxman300
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Has anyone told him the shooting happened across the street from the Luxor? Or is his "point" (excluding the one I assume must be on the top of his head) that the Luxor is, like, Illuminati HQ or something?
No, Illuminati HQ is a Waffle House in Pendelton, Indiana.

...wait how do I delete this?
Old 4th October 2017, 10:02 PM   #27
Axxman300
Master Poster

I'm going out on a limb and suggest that the source is from Idontknowjackaboutguns.com

Plus, my neighbor taught speed-shooting until his death at the age of 79.
Old 4th October 2017, 10:04 PM   #28
Axxman300
Master Poster

Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
My BiL has been posting a lot of "how is it possible he got the guns up there, disabled the smoke alarms, broke the 'hurricane glass' Windows, & managed to hit that many people!??!" type stuff of FB since it happened. He's not listening to any of the explanations. I'm starting to worry about him.
Seven years ago I had a guest with a clogged toilet. I went up and plunged it, on my way out I saw he had a gear bag with four AR's and assorted pistols. The guy was an OIF vet and never traveled without them.
Old 4th October 2017, 11:05 PM   #29
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Does this thread still exist?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ght=Cluesforum

NOrm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 07:24 AM   #30
Steve001
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
No mods needed at all. Hold the rifle loosely against your shoulder. Lock the trigger finger firmly in place on the trigger and take up the slack. Push the fore-end of the rifle forward with the other hand; the rifle fires, recoil drives the rifle back into the shoulder causing the trigger /sear to release. Continued pressure on the for-end depresses the trigger again. Rapid semi-auto fire continues until the magazine is empty.

With or without a slide fire stock it takes practice. There are videos of people doing this with rifles and pistols on youtube.
Huh!
Old 5th October 2017, 09:30 AM   #31
Hubert Cumberdale
Muse

I have a new one!

Quote:
The majority of the conspiracies as to why Paddock could not have done it are pure Flat Earth/No Planers league. Stupid beyond stupid.

But I am definitely coming around to the idea he was not alone. I think a fanatical Liberal Terror Squad made up of media-weaponized Clinton/Sanders zealots - similar to what manifested in the early Soviet Union - sought to murder Trump supporters for diversity. It's that sick.

Another thing. As my own interest is in sorcery and the occult, I tend to read situations energetically for clues. If you watch this video, you are overcome by the sense of evil in it. It washes over you like toxic waves. This is a result of the highly saturated levels of hate the killers have for the victims. They want them dead. It is a personal mass murder. Only the darkest of all wickedness generates such energy.

Paddock and his pink hat murder squad did it. Clinton/Sanders zealots have already shot a congressman, set themselves on fire on inauguration night and murdered their neighbours for voting Trump. Like any left wing mass movement, mass hysteria leading to mass murder is always a fact. From Pol Pot to Las Vegas, the Bolshy Beat goes on.

Usually wealthy leftists slaughtering Working and Middle Class folks = Stephen Paddock.

The Bolshivik Blood Demons are feeding again.
Old 5th October 2017, 10:02 AM   #32
Praktik
Philosopher

Police are feeding into this now big time with the speculation about him needing to have had some help "at some point"

The usual suspects are off to the races based on this.

Love how they selectively pay attention to what the authorities say when it dovetails with their expectations and predelictions
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 10:04 AM   #33
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
I have a new one!
So the Las Vegas bloodbath was another failed attempt to summon A Great Old One?
Old 5th October 2017, 10:26 AM   #34
Axxman300
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Praktik View Post
Police are feeding into this now big time with the speculation about him needing to have had some help "at some point"

The usual suspects are off to the races based on this.

Love how they selectively pay attention to what the authorities say when it dovetails with their expectations and predelictions
It's not that the cops are feeding anything. They are running down leads, something CTists never give the cops credit for doing.

Here's the real problem: leaks from beat cops to reporters.

An investigation takes time, cops collect interviews, look at security camera footage, cell phone footage, body camera footage, cordon off locations for CSI, and a long list of other things. That data is then funneled to the detectives who have to put it all together into a coherent picture.

A beat cop only sees a few pieces of the puzzle, and if said beat cop blabs to a reporter it can screw up the investigation by forcing the detectives to waste time running down - and often correcting - the story.

A big city police department is just like any other large office, rumors fly around like bats on LSD. Photos taken inside the hotel room have already leaked to the press, and now LVMP has to run a second internal investigation to find the moron who took and leaked the pictures and end his/her career.

CTists don't seem to understand any of this.
Old 5th October 2017, 10:30 AM   #35
Spektator
Dog Who Laughs

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
No, Illuminati HQ is a Waffle House in Pendelton, Indiana.

...wait how do I delete this?
Our cover's been blown! Everybody meet in the Biloxi Wash-o-Matic men's room next time.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 10:33 AM   #36
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Remind me again...cluesforums is where GodLikeProductions sent the people who too crazy and stupid for them, right?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 11:30 AM   #37
Praktik
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
It's not that the cops are feeding anything. They are running down leads, something CTists never give the cops credit for doing.

Here's the real problem: leaks from beat cops to reporters.

An investigation takes time, cops collect interviews, look at security camera footage, cell phone footage, body camera footage, cordon off locations for CSI, and a long list of other things. That data is then funneled to the detectives who have to put it all together into a coherent picture.

A beat cop only sees a few pieces of the puzzle, and if said beat cop blabs to a reporter it can screw up the investigation by forcing the detectives to waste time running down - and often correcting - the story.

A big city police department is just like any other large office, rumors fly around like bats on LSD. Photos taken inside the hotel room have already leaked to the press, and now LVMP has to run a second internal investigation to find the moron who took and leaked the pictures and end his/her career.

CTists don't seem to understand any of this.
Ya like, its a brief post but I get you - like, its not their fault.

Just see these types of people latching on to this angle of the news this AM, based on this news conference and the assertion that he "may" have had "help", "at some point"

Its a bit of an inevitable thing though, these flare ups based on one moment in a news conference in CT land. The conspiracy sideshow continues.
-Iain Banks

Last edited by Praktik; 5th October 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 5th October 2017, 12:17 PM   #38
Axxman300
Master Poster

He may have had help. We just don't know yet because the detectives are still working the case. It's been less than a week.

This is the curse of 24/7 news, it feeds CT.

I'm not reading anything about background on the shooter for another week because by then the facts have started to settle. BS travels at light speed, the truth takes a cross town bus.
Old 5th October 2017, 12:33 PM   #39
Axxman300
Master Poster

This is linked up at Drudge right now from the idiots at Zerohedge:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...nt-want-talk-a

Here's #6:

Quote:
#6 How did someone with “no military background” and that wasn’t a “gun guy at all” operate such advanced weapons? Because what we are being told by the mainstream media just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. I really like how Natural News made this point…
How does one address such galactic stupidity?

He cited Natural News, a woo site.

The thing about "Advanced Weapons" is that they're easier to use, hence advanced. They're lighter than older weapons, and the AR15 style rifle is the Lego of the gun world, largely snap and shoot (or plug and play).

If he had military background he would have used his extensive finances to by an M-60 because an AR is not an area-suppression weapon, and the .762 has a better range than the .556 AR15, with more killing power at the ranges involved with this shooting.

If he had an infantry background he would have also located kill-sacks, or whatever they call them today - to increase lethality at the range he was shooting from by firing into a mass of tightly packed bodies.

The fact he chose to fire full-auto saved lives because he was a civilian who didn't know anything about how to apply deadly force.

Anyway, there are a lot of dumb questions on this linked list that are being spread by the usual loser CT forums.

Last edited by Axxman300; 5th October 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 12:45 PM   #40
Bubba
Master Poster

I dont get why a 64 yr old guy could not pull it off alone. Easy to bring all gear into hotel, especially over several days. No bag inspections.

Nonetheless, if this item is reliable, Sherrif Lombardo disagrees:

Quote:
Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said: “At face value he had to have some help at some point and we want to ensure that that’s the answer. “Maybe he was a superhuman who figured this out all on his own but it would be hard for me to believe that.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...Danley-FBI-gun

eta
'Fishy' questions raised so far about hotel room pics can be explained. Like maybe the 3000 or so casings are further away from the dozen or so seen near the dead shooter.

Last edited by Bubba; 5th October 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories