ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 7th October 2017, 04:20 AM   #41
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Please translate this gibberish into a known Earth language.
Sorry,pls manage. Anyhow, whether those species which are used for human food are not idiots since they do not understand nurshing, love, feed, shelter etc are given by their owners for an ultimate intention to slaughter them. Also they usually come back to owners house, even if set free. Ok?

Last edited by Kumar; 7th October 2017 at 04:37 AM.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 05:29 AM   #42
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,743
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Sorry,pls manage. Anyhow, whether those species which are used for human food are not idiots since they do not understand nurshing, love, feed, shelter etc are given by their owners for an ultimate intention to slaughter them. Also they usually come back to owners house, even if set free. Ok?

All we have learned so far in this thread is that your magical thinking extends to anthropomorphism, and that you think that livestock that escape usually return to their owners (although you have provided no evidence for this). And that you seem to think that plants ought to take some sort of action against their oppressors.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 05:36 AM   #43
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,743
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I also want to check if those animals, birds and even botanical, naturally take us bit differently, being seiner most?

Do you mean "Steiner"? Is this something to do with biodynamics?
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:16 AM   #44
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,153
Wherein we see Kumar has a wrong-headed view of animal husbandry, agriculture, nature's processes and ultimately reality itself.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:26 AM   #45
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Sorry,pls manage. Anyhow, whether those species which are used for human food are not idiots since they do not understand nurshing, love, feed, shelter etc are given by their owners for an ultimate intention to slaughter them. Also they usually come back to owners house, even if set free. Ok?
Not our job to manage/correct..... Your job to write it out clearly and understandably. This is true of everyone here!!!!!!!

As to the above, it is lacking in clarity and most of us will not make any effort to clarify it as you show no interest in doing so or learning how to do so.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:28 AM   #46
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
It can be difficult to distinguish between idiocy and profound thought at times.
I am having no trouble with it in these threads!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:31 AM   #47
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I also want to check if those animals, birds and even botanical, naturally take us bit differently, being seiner most?
Could you possibly replace seiner with the correct word to which you refer? Or present a definition of seiner that makes it clear as an actual word in English and is applicable to your point??
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:33 AM   #48
dann
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,665
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I feel, none in topic subject, nor the ņature, but it cān be mistaken identity to ús like eldest brother, guardian or parent type. Somewhat overestimate/overbelief that whoever nurse n love or who is senier will not kill. ?
I have no idea what you are talking about!
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:33 AM   #49
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Wherein we see Kumar has a wrong-headed view of animal husbandry, agriculture, nature's processes and ultimately reality itself.
In all fairness, I am quite sure K has a great understanding of animal husbandry!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:37 AM   #50
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 21,835
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Yes, but from our POV, we should also see, what we are getting and what we are forcibly taking.
That's a completely meaningless response. Our own point of view may be important in some way, but it does not change what a plant does, or what nature is, how it grows, or why. To believe otherwise is ill-considered mystical mush.

If plants had a point of view, I suppose all harvesting would be seen as forcible but what difference does this make? To the poet, perhaps, the ivy assaults the wall, but a metaphor for the way the world works is not an insight into individual thoughts. Nature is arranged as it is. "Frogs Eat Butterflies. Snakes Eat Frogs. Hogs Eat Snakes. Men Eat Hogs.

There are of course some people who believe they are enlightened or ennobled by becoming more aware of their place in nature, but the plants themselves do not know who is a friend or foe of their species. In the land of vegetables individuality is elusive. If you live on fallen fruit like Lowell's prison pacifist companion, or talk to the corn like a Hopi, you do it for yourself.

You should get your muddy feet out of the world of medicine and read more poetry.
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:42 AM   #51
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,743
Originally Posted by dann View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about!

Nor does Kumar.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:00 AM   #52
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Even then, others are slaughtered in front of them, still their behavior seems not change.
Do you understand the concept of concepts? Most animal life has no real concept of life/not life. Thus, their concepts do not change in the presence of what would be evidence to more developed animal life. You are now free to ponder the Meaning of Life!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:07 AM   #53
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
It need to be checked under following things.

1. They come back, even if they look other animals are slaughtered in front of them.

2. Is it humans to those animal interactions or animal to animal also and if not, do they expect some more naturally from humans?

3. Can it just be their nature in the benefit of humans?
Item 2 is meaningless as written. Really, this is not a joke, it is actually meaningless as it is written.

Item 1 is a true statement insofar as it is possible to translate it into meaningfully phrased English but otherwise, JUST a statement. Item 3 is a very poorly phrased question and, as written, is pretty much pointless.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:43 AM   #54
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,743
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Can it just be their nature in the benefit of humans?

It is in the nature of domesticated animals to be domesticated. They have been selected and bred by humans to be useful to humans.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:45 AM   #55
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 25,289
Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Could you possibly replace seiner with the correct word to which you refer? Or present a definition of seiner that makes it clear as an actual word in English and is applicable to your point??
In a sudden flash of insight, I suspect he means "senior". While it doesn't make his posts make sense, at least it makes them comprehensibly nonsensical.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 08:26 AM   #56
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,112
Just for once,

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
In a sudden flash of insight, I suspect he means "senior". While it doesn't make his posts make sense, at least it makes them comprehensibly nonsensical.

Dave
Kumar is making a kind of sense.

Doktor Professor Seiner Most was Dozent im Tierekraftliche Artz at the Swiss Institute of Quackery in Plotz from 1934 to 1887. He studied and self-published in the field that Kumar is referring to, and finished his career in the Lachenakademie.

Kumar is too modest to appeal to authority. He drops hints and expects us to pick them up, compost them, and spread them on our pastures anew.
__________________
Fill the seats of justice with good men; not so absolute in goodness as to forget what human frailty is. -- Thomas Jefferson

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 08:37 AM   #57
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14,485
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Thanks but I think. as I said;...
No, none of that is what actually happens in animals bred for food. Animals generally don't see others slaughtered, at least in a commercial slaughterhouse, because it's a restrained, individualized process. And let's say, in the hypothetical case, one hog sees the one in front of it slaughtered. It's too late then. What's he going to do, text all the other hogs?

Have you ever actually been to a farm?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 09:36 AM   #58
deaman
Philosopher
 
deaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Here Now
Posts: 9,547
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I am checking, if those species which are slaughtered in human's use but also nurshed by them, naturally take human beings bit differently due to flowwing reasons:

1. Being seiner most?

2. One who nurse will not kill?

Esp, if no such type of interaction exist between animal to animals.
I get the distinct feeling that English is not your primary language and I am unable to decipher your meaning. Sorry.
deaman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 09:44 AM   #59
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 11,867
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I feel, none in topic subject, nor the ņature, but it cān be mistaken identity to ús like eldest brother, guardian or parent type. Somewhat overestimate/overbelief that whoever nurse n love or who is senier will not kill. ?
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave

Last edited by zooterkin; 8th October 2017 at 02:14 PM.
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 09:48 AM   #60
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 11,867
nvm
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave

Last edited by John Jones; 7th October 2017 at 09:56 AM.
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 02:32 PM   #61
Thor 2
Illuminator
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 3,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 2
It can be difficult to distinguish between idiocy and profound thought at times.
Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I am having no trouble with it in these threads!!!!!
Me either to be honest.
__________________
There are billions of gods. One or more in the mind of every theist.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:12 PM   #62
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Wherein we see Kumar has a wrong-headed view of animal husbandry, agriculture, nature's processes and ultimately reality itself.
Dynamic or different.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:15 PM   #63
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
That's a completely meaningless response. Our own point of view may be important in some way, but it does not change what a plant does, or what nature is, how it grows, or why. To believe otherwise is ill-considered mystical mush.

If plants had a point of view, I suppose all harvesting would be seen as forcible but what difference does this make? To the poet, perhaps, the ivy assaults the wall, but a metaphor for the way the world works is not an insight into individual thoughts. Nature is arranged as it is. "Frogs Eat Butterflies. Snakes Eat Frogs. Hogs Eat Snakes. Men Eat Hogs.

There are of course some people who believe they are enlightened or ennobled by becoming more aware of their place in nature, but the plants themselves do not know who is a friend or foe of their species. In the land of vegetables individuality is elusive. If you live on fallen fruit like Lowell's prison pacifist companion, or talk to the corn like a Hopi, you do it for yourself.

You should get your muddy feet out of the world of medicine and read more poetry.
Sorry, will reality not be what we are getting and what we are giving in exchange?
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:19 PM   #64
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
In a sudden flash of insight, I suspect he means "senior". While it doesn't make his posts make sense, at least it makes them comprehensibly nonsensical.

Dave
Yes thanks. Spell check. Are We humans not somewhat above all other species of beings? Therefore so prominent. So Senior most or eldest.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:19 PM   #65
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14,485
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Sorry, will reality not be what we are getting and what we are giving in exchange?
How much time have you spent on an actual farm where actual food animals are raised?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:26 PM   #66
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
No, none of that is what actually happens in animals bred for food. Animals generally don't see others slaughtered, at least in a commercial slaughterhouse, because it's a restrained, individualized process. And let's say, in the hypothetical case, one hog sees the one in front of it slaughtered. It's too late then. What's he going to do, text all the other hogs?

Have you ever actually been to a farm?
At our place, it happens. Say like in a Chicken Broiler shop. Anyway, we can assume, suppose they see, will they still come back to home or not?

I think it is an Idiocy from the POV of animals. They over believe their owners who initially nurse them, even show love to them. They may feel, whoever is nurshing them or loving them, will not harm them. Say like a guardian, parent etc.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:29 PM   #67
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
How much time have you spent on an actual farm where actual food animals are raised?
Here such animals are also raised at home. At farm, I don't know if developing individual emotion is practical.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:30 PM   #68
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
You have no brains. Your mother did a lousy job raising you.
Mostly gave special.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:35 PM   #69
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 21,835
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Sorry, will reality not be what we are getting and what we are giving in exchange?
Huh? Is that meant, in some obscure and yet to be explained way, to relate to what I wrote? We get reality by not being stupid and imagining things that are not true. We do not give reality. It's already there.

A modest start could be made by making responses at least appear relevant to the subject under discussion. Even downright error is a step up from gibberish.
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:55 PM   #70
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Huh? Is that meant, in some obscure and yet to be explained way, to relate to what I wrote? We get reality by not being stupid and imagining things that are not true. We do not give reality. It's already there.

A modest start could be made by making responses at least appear relevant to the subject under discussion. Even downright error is a step up from gibberish.
Truth, Rational, need & greed and Selfish interests are different terms.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:56 PM   #71
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
You have no brains. Your mother did a lousy job raising you.
Well and truly said!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:57 PM   #72
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14,485
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
At our place, it happens. Say like in a Chicken Broiler shop. Anyway, we can assume, suppose they see, will they still come back to home or not?
I'm not interested in your assumptions. Your question is based on a premise for which you provide no evidence.

Quote:
I think it is an Idiocy from the POV of animals. They over believe their owners who initially nurse them, even show love to them. They may feel, whoever is nurshing them or loving them, will not harm them. Say like a guardian, parent etc.
No. You have shown no evidence that the animals you describe are capable of that level of cognition. You are simply assuming that animals have the same cognitive and emotional development as humans.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 06:58 PM   #73
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 55,698
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Mostly gave special.
I believe you on that!!!!!!!!! Note: that I do is NOT a good thing!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:01 PM   #74
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14,485
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Here such animals are also raised at home. At farm, I don't know if developing individual emotion is practical.
I grew up in Kansas, in American beef country. My brother in law's family owns a ranch in Montana that's large enough to show up as a square on a map of Montana, not merely a dot. What you're trying to attribute to food animals has absolutely no basis in reality. Do you have any evidence that individual food animals raised in single-family domestic situations have any of the cognitive development you're claiming?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:01 PM   #75
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by deaman View Post
I get the distinct feeling that English is not your primary language and I am unable to decipher your meaning. Sorry.
Sorry. Simply, Are those animals not Idiots who misunderstand their owners by over believing them, who initially nurse & love them but slaughter ultimately? Can't say, if those poor animals also feel that their owners being human are senior most among all beings so will consider them like guardian or parents?
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:03 PM   #76
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14,485
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Sorry. Simply, Are those animals not Idiots who misunderstand their owners by over believing them, who initially nurse & love them but slaughter ultimately? Can't say, if those poor animals also feel that their owners being human are senior most among all beings so will consider them like guardian or parents?
You've shown no evidence that the food animals you're describing are capable of this degree of cognition. You're assumptively anthropomorphizing them.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:03 PM   #77
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
I'm not interested in your assumptions. Your question is based on a premise for which you provide no evidence.



No. You have shown no evidence that the animals you describe are capable of that level of cognition. You are simply assuming that animals have the same cognitive and emotional development as humans.
May it not be happening at your place but definately happening at my place. Personal experiance. Therefore I said, let us assume...
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 07:15 PM   #78
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14,485
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
May it not be happening at your place but definately happening at my place. Personal experiance.
No, that's special pleading. You've shown no evidence that the food animals with which you're personally acquainted are capable of the degree of cognition you attribute to them.

Quote:
Therefore I said, let us assume...
No, you have provided no basis for rational assumption. You have simply roundly projected human emotional and cognitive processes onto animals. Your question fails because its major premise is an irrational assumption.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 08:07 PM   #79
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
No, that's special pleading. You've shown no evidence that the food animals with which you're personally acquainted are capable of the degree of cognition you attribute to them.



No, you have provided no basis for rational assumption. You have simply roundly projected human emotional and cognitive processes onto animals. Your question fails because its major premise is an irrational assumption.
Do you want to impress that they don't feel pain as we feel?

Likewise:

Don't they have natural right to life because nursed by others?

Don't they have right to have emotions, fear, pain and right to believe their elders & nursers?

Further evidence: you can do google search for youtube live presentation by it; "This How American Treat,Kill Animals No Mercy". I hesitate to give link.

Last edited by Kumar; 7th October 2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: to add
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 08:40 PM   #80
Kumar
Guest
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 14,255
http://i2.wp.com/www.worldpeacediet....l-for-need.jpg

I can't say, how much it is true? We need to go into the history of killing.

Last edited by Kumar; 7th October 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Š 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.