ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 6th March 2020, 04:33 PM   #81
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump says:

All these doctors say, 'how do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability, maybe I should have done this instead of running for president.

Anybody right now and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They're there. They have the tests and the tests are beautiful
Nah, he's not nuts.

President Donald J. Trump
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 05:09 PM   #82
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump, CDC appearance. He said experts were telling him to take sick Americans off a cruise ship but he doesn't want to do it because it WILL MAKE THE NUMBERS GO UP and he shouldn't because "wasn't our fault."

Sorry colonial cousins, you are all going to die!
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Do you have a link? I can find no reports on the visit, only reports that it was back on after initially being canceled. Unsurprisingly, the WH's stated reason for canceling the visit did not agree with what Trump said. Let me see if I can muster up some surprise.....

nope.
Never mind. They just played the clip on CNN.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:00 PM   #83
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
All these doctors say, 'how do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability, maybe I should have done this instead of running for president
Be Afraid.Be Very Afraid.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:09 PM   #84
KDLarsen
Illuminator

That CDC campaign event was something else to say the least. Highlights for those who haven't heard of it yet:
Quote:
The president wore his re-election campaign hat and interrupted the event to ask a Fox News reporter if his town hall on the network had good ratings.
He attacked CNN.
He called the governor of Washington state, the epicenter of a major outbreak, a “snake” and “not a good governor”, and said he disagreed with his own vice president saying nice things about the governor while visiting the state.
Trump said he has not considered canceling his rallies and is not worried about risks.
He made false and exaggerated claims about the availability of coronavirus tests, ignoring the reality that his vice president has acknowledged, which is that there is a shortage among US healthcare providers right now.
He said he would prefer if people on the Grand Princess cruise remained on the ship so that US numbers would not go up.
He gloated about his “natural ability” to understand the epidemic.
From the Guardian's US Politics Live:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates
KDLarsen is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:36 PM   #85
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Quote:
All these doctors say, 'how do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability, maybe I should have done this instead of running for president
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Be Afraid.Be Very Afraid.
Oh, how I wish you had!!!!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:38 PM   #86
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
That CDC campaign event was something else to say the least. Highlights for those who haven't heard of it yet:
Quote:
Quote:
The president wore his re-election campaign hat and interrupted the event to ask a Fox News reporter if his town hall on the network had good ratings.
He attacked CNN.
He called the governor of Washington state, the epicenter of a major outbreak, a “snake” and “not a good governor”, and said he disagreed with his own vice president saying nice things about the governor while visiting the state.
Trump said he has not considered canceling his rallies and is not worried about risks.
He made false and exaggerated claims about the availability of coronavirus tests, ignoring the reality that his vice president has acknowledged, which is that there is a shortage among US healthcare providers right now.
He said he would prefer if people on the Grand Princess cruise remained on the ship so that US numbers would not go up.
He gloated about his “natural ability” to understand the epidemic.
From the Guardian's US Politics Live:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates
Old 6th March 2020, 06:40 PM   #87
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, how I wish you had!!!!
Then we could have nailed him for practicing medicine without a licence….

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:42 PM   #88
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I think this Youtube video -- "Who knows more than me?" -- would make a great campaign video. For the Democrats, I mean.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Trump supporters, they say they like it when "Trump acts out," They want to see more "acting out." There has to be a limit. I can't believe all this crazy behavior isn't having a negative effect on a lot of people.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:49 PM   #89
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

I am pleased to announce that Congressman Mark Meadows will become White House Chief of Staff. I have long known and worked with Mark, and the relationship is a very good one....

....I want to thank Acting Chief Mick Mulvaney for having served the Administration so well. He will become the United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland. Thank you!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 06:51 PM   #90
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Fourth Chief of Staff in three years.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 07:08 PM   #91
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I am used to stupidty from Donnie, but god, the CDC news conference takes the cake.
I am convinced that if Donnie I relected, this country will suffer catastrophe.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:11 PM   #92
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

I am pleased to announce that Congressman Mark Meadows will become White House Chief of Staff. I have long known and worked with Mark, and the relationship is a very good one....

....I want to thank Acting Chief Mick Mulvaney for having served the Administration so well. He will become the United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland. Thank you!
The relationship is a good one = he kisses my ass and does anything I tell
him to.

"United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland" = He's been kicked out for screwing me over when he admitted it was a quid pro quo.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:13 PM   #93
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He changes Chiefs of Staff like he changes wives.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:28 PM   #94
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He changes Chiefs of Staff like he changes wives.
Which is another reason the Christian fundies love affair with him shows what a bunch of hypocrites they are.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:29 PM   #95
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

him to.

"United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland" = He's been kicked out for screwing me over when he admitted it was a quid pro quo.
God, Mulvaney could single handedly start up the Troubles again.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:44 PM   #96
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

God, Mulvaney could single handedly start up the Troubles again.
For all intents and purposes, Mulvaney got fired by a petty Trump. No surprise there.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:46 PM   #97
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Trump says
Quote:
All these doctors say, 'how do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability, maybe I should have done this instead of running for president.
He’s slipping. He forgot the “sir.”
Old 6th March 2020, 07:47 PM   #98
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Possibly feeling the corona virus has stolen too much attention away from Trump, he's now apparently suing CNN.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 07:48 PM   #99
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

There's only one chief in the White House, and it's not the chief of staff.

I've voted for my governor the snake several times, and will happily do so again.
Old 6th March 2020, 07:56 PM   #100
Cain
Straussian

A well-circulated tweet from 2012:

"3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: Part of the reason why @BarackObama can't manage to pass his agenda."
Old 6th March 2020, 09:25 PM   #101
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I think it's clear what's going on: Trump heard the gossip about Biden being senile and saying crazy things, and Trump's natural competitive instincts kicked in. No way he's going to be out-seniled and out-crazied by that loser.
Old 6th March 2020, 10:03 PM   #102
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

him to.

What??? This is a YUGE promotion for Mulvaney. Chiefs of staff are a dime a dozen, but United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland is such a critical position that requires such extraordinary skills that Trump hasn't been able to find anyone who can handle the job for 3 full years.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2020, 10:07 PM   #103
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
What??? This is a YUGE promotion for Mulvaney. Chiefs of staff are a dime a dozen, but United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland is such a critical position that requires such extraordinary skills that Trump hasn't been able to find anyone who can handle the job for 3 full years.
Being sent to Craggy Island is never a promotion.
Old 6th March 2020, 11:21 PM   #104
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Going somewhere you'll never have to meet with Trump again makes it paradise.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2020, 12:21 AM   #105
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post

Old 7th March 2020, 02:07 AM   #106
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

It is here folks;the moment many of us have been dreading:A genuine, real , lives at stake crisis for Donald Trump, and Trump is screwing it up loyally.
Screwing it up? He's just using the time tested tactics that have repeatedly been shown to get the most people killed.

Trump saying Biden isn't competent?

Oh sweet, sweet irony.
He was also saying that Warren is so incredibly mean, unlike Trump.

White House concedes US lacks enough test kits
Related to that... the CDC quietly stopped reporting the number of tests conducted a bit ago, while there were less than 500 tests that were done - compare to South Korea and its over 60K tests.

Richest, most powerful country in the world... failing hard because of the intentional sabotage of the government by a power hungry narcissist.

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
Trumpy-poo planting the seed into the teeny weeny brains of his minion worshippers....

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...62fdf206a5.gif
Rather, this is probably just yet another escalation of a theme that he's been pounding on for a while. It's not funny, and it's probably best to view it as exactly the same kind of "joke" as "Russia, if you're listening..."

Back to Coronavirus, though, both because there's more "interesting" bits of news and, well, I rather expect to be getting sick with it relatively soon, now that there are indeed confirmed cases in Pennsylvania and the nature of my job.

CNBC Editor says he wishes Americans would just go ahead and die--it would save the stock market

Need more be said about where certain people's priorities lie?

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Putin-poo?
Meh. That name just feels like it's wrong. Why? Because poo is already in Poo-tin.

Trump, CDC appearance. He said experts were telling him to take sick Americans off a cruise ship but he doesn't want to do it because it WILL MAKE THE NUMBERS GO UP and he shouldn't because "wasn't our fault."

Sorry colonial cousins, you are all going to die!
"I like the numbers where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship"

For reference.

And yeah, Trump's priorities are likely impeachment-worthy. To be fair, though, had Trump actually been removed, Pence likely would have done little better, both because of the structural damage that had already been done and because, well... Pence.

To poke at other things, though, because coronavirus isn't even remotely the only noteworthy thing happening...

Long voting lines put voter suppression front and center

Texas is the focus of that edition of Republican Voter Suppression Efforts. "Long" is a dramatic understatement, though, if a person ends up waiting in line for over six hours because the lines are just that friggin' long and it's happening because Republicans are closing places to vote like crazy in Democratic leaning areas - and, that's just for a primary, rather than the general.

Kentucky Republicans try to eviscerate Democratic governor's power to issue executive orders

Yes, they're literally trying to nullify the now Democratic governor's power to issue executive orders without their direct approval.

'Disturbing': Study Shows DOJ Prosecutions of White-Collar Criminals Hit All-Time Low Under Trump

Again, Republican priorities made perfectly clear.

Last edited by Aridas; 7th March 2020 at 02:20 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2020, 10:34 AM   #107
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan
Mark Meadows is smart, loyal, and a true patriot. He’s a good man and my best friend!
Couldn’t have picked anyone better for the job.

Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Old 7th March 2020, 11:24 AM   #108
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan
Mark Meadows is smart, loyal, and a true patriot. He’s a good man and my best friend!
Couldn’t have picked anyone better for the job.
Considering that Gym Jordan is in the news again, not for very good reasons, I can totally see Meadows saying "Dude, don't be trying to help me out. I barely know you."
Old 7th March 2020, 12:18 PM   #109
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Considering that Gym Jordan is in the news again, not for very good reasons, I can totally see Meadows saying "Dude, don't be trying to help me out. I barely know you."
I had to look up the Jordan story, so here it is.

Meanwhile, we've nothing to fear from Covid-19. Trump says it is fully contained and there are oodles of test kits.
Old 7th March 2020, 04:24 PM   #110
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is still lying about his border wall. When asked if Mexico was paying for it, Trump said:

Quote:
“Yes they are. They’re paying for it. And they’re OK with it. Mexico’s paying for it."
So, where is the money really coming from to pay for his "big, beautiful Wall"?

Quote:
The money is coming from today's U.S. taxpayers and the future ones who will inherit the federal debt. In February, the Pentagon announced that it was slashing billions of dollars for Navy and Air Force aircraft and other military programs to divert money to the construction of the wall. More such military cuts are coming, officials said.
https://apnews.com/28e60e866f6d32cdadedd126e292eba7
Old 7th March 2020, 04:43 PM   #111
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

A CINCPAC attendee has the Virus.

I am not going to be a hypocrite and deny that I am getting a lot of schanfreude from this.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 7th March 2020, 05:01 PM   #112
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I had to look up the Jordan story, so here it is.

Meanwhile, we've nothing to fear from Covid-19. Trump says it is fully contained and there are oodles of test kits.
I'll be interesting to see how the trumpkins will explain spin weasel their way out of explaining Trump's policies if the virus ends up doing significant damage due to his failure to take actual, effective measures. I can't remember Obama or Clinton fudging epidemics, so whataboutisms might not be an option, except if they do that desperate last resort thing and dig back hundreds of years.

Then again, apparently he has already falesly claimed Obama made vaccine/medicine testing inefficient due to pesky demands for quality control and accountability, so it'll probably be Black Man's fault, and won't afect his ratings one bit.

I will not restrain my Schadenfraude should he catch the virus himself, though. Preferrably on a rally.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2020, 05:09 PM   #113
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

To poke at a few things that might be of interest...

CPAC attendee tests positive for coronavirus

Frankly, I'm not happy about the likely spread of the virus, but... there's a certain karmic element of satisfaction at the thought of these people, who are some of the main reasons that Trump rose to power and both could and would sabotage the response to the virus, are in harm's way.

This one's just barely outdated, but... Trump directing his coronavirus task force to launch attacks on Democrats to avoid blame: report

Confirmation of the obvious, really, but still despicable.

Moving on... Looks like we've got more of the information available about how much Trump's been charging the Secret Service as they've been forced to use his properties. To what should be no one's surprise, they're being charged rates notably higher than normal value, which it pretty much the exact opposite of the practically nothing that has been claimed.

Next! Looks like Brian Kemp, perhaps best known for his efforts to disenfranchise Democrats by the hundreds of thousands, sue the Democrats for passing along information about his massive fuckups in election security to appropriate groups who could handle such legally, and refusing to recuse himself from presiding over his own election is literally trying to steal a Georgia Supreme Court seat by wrongfully cancelling an election so that he'll be able to just appoint a replacement when the judge retires.
Old 7th March 2020, 05:18 PM   #114
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

A CINCPAC attendee has the Virus.

I am not going to be a hypocrite and deny that I am getting a lot of schanfreude from this.
I assume you meant CPAC, CINCPAC is Commander in Chief, Pacific Command.

I hope this person spread it to every attendee at CPAC.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare

Last edited by shemp; 7th March 2020 at 05:20 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2020, 05:29 PM   #115
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Trump is still lying about his border wall. When asked if Mexico was paying for it, Trump said:
Quote:
“Yes they are. They’re paying for it. And they’re OK with it. Mexico’s paying for it."

So, where is the money really coming from to pay for his "big, beautiful Wall"?

Quote:
The money is coming from today's U.S. taxpayers and the future ones who will inherit the federal debt. In February, the Pentagon announced that it was slashing billions of dollars for Navy and Air Force aircraft and other military programs to divert money to the construction of the wall. More such military cuts are coming, officials said.
https://apnews.com/28e60e866f6d32cdadedd126e292eba7
My wife and I were discussing the issue of Mexico paying for the wall a couple of days ago. She voted for him in 2016, pretty much on the basis that he was the Republican in the race, and Repubs are the ones who (supposedly) are stronger on the military and defense spending, which is important to her, since she works at the shipyard down here in Mississippi (Ingalls) that makes its money from the contracts from the Navy for building its ships. She apparently wasn't aware of this Pentagon fund shuffling, but still wanted to argue that Mexico would be paying indirectly through trade benefits to us, yada yada. I asked her, "if the Pentagon decided that, to build Trump's wall, it was now necessary to rescind a contract with Ingalls and you had to take a pay cut or (god forbid) lose your job entirely- would you still say Mexico was paying for the wall? Or would you agree that you are?" It's an unlikely scenario, but the point was that her salary doesn't come from what Mexico pays indirectly, it's from what the American taxpayer does directly.

Funds are fungible, I guess; but whatever Mexico may be paying indirectly that could be creatively argued to apply to the wall in the future doesn't change the fact that Americans are paying for the stupid thing right now, with money that could be better applied elsewhere than on an idiotic and useless symbol of American xenophobia (which Trumpers like to call "exceptionalism").

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2020, 05:47 PM   #116
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post

You explain CINCPAC, which was wrong, but don't say what CPAC is?
Old 7th March 2020, 05:48 PM   #117
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post

Yeah, I meant CPAC.Currently reading a new book on WW2 in the Pacific and had CINCPac in my head.

But the CPAC people have nothing to worry about, the Conona Virus is a hoax...

Robert Heinlein.
Old 7th March 2020, 05:49 PM   #118
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
You explain CINCPAC, which was wrong, but don't say what CPAC is?
I think 95% of the people who post in this Political section know what CPAC is.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 7th March 2020, 05:53 PM   #119
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
To poke at a few things that might be of interest...

CPAC attendee tests positive for coronavirus

Frankly, I'm not happy about the likely spread of the virus, but... there's a certain karmic element of satisfaction at the thought of these people, who are some of the main reasons that Trump rose to power and both could and would sabotage the response to the virus, are in harm's way.

This one's just barely outdated, but... Trump directing his coronavirus task force to launch attacks on Democrats to avoid blame: report

Confirmation of the obvious, really, but still despicable.

Moving on... Looks like we've got more of the information available about how much Trump's been charging the Secret Service as they've been forced to use his properties. To what should be no one's surprise, they're being charged rates notably higher than normal value, which it pretty much the exact opposite of the practically nothing that has been claimed.

Next! Looks like Brian Kemp, perhaps best known for his efforts to disenfranchise Democrats by the hundreds of thousands, sue the Democrats for passing along information about his massive fuckups in election security to appropriate groups who could handle such legally, and refusing to recuse himself from presiding over his own election is literally trying to steal a Georgia Supreme Court seat by wrongfully cancelling an election so that he'll be able to just appoint a replacement when the judge retires.
Highlight 1) We need a new word to describe what Trump has been doing. Perhaps "to Trump"? Adj: trumpian Adverb: Trumply

Highlight 2) Taking a page out of McConnell's book, heh?
Old 7th March 2020, 06:01 PM   #120
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
My wife and I were discussing the issue of Mexico paying for the wall a couple of days ago. She voted for him in 2016, pretty much on the basis that he was the Republican in the race, and Repubs are the ones who (supposedly) are stronger on the military and defense spending, which is important to her, since she works at the shipyard down here in Mississippi (Ingalls) that makes its money from the contracts from the Navy for building its ships. She apparently wasn't aware of this Pentagon fund shuffling, but still wanted to argue that Mexico would be paying indirectly through trade benefits to us, yada yada. I asked her, "if the Pentagon decided that, to build Trump's wall, it was now necessary to rescind a contract with Ingalls and you had to take a pay cut or (god forbid) lose your job entirely- would you still say Mexico was paying for the wall? Or would you agree that you are?" It's an unlikely scenario, but the point was that her salary doesn't come from what Mexico pays indirectly, it's from what the American taxpayer does directly.

Funds are fungible, I guess; but whatever Mexico may be paying indirectly that could be creatively argued to apply to the wall in the future doesn't change the fact that Americans are paying for the stupid thing right now, with money that could be better applied elsewhere than on an idiotic and useless symbol of American xenophobia (which Trumpers like to call "exceptionalism").
Do you think your wife finally realized that SHE is paying for the wall and not Mexico?

This story that Trump made up about Mexico indirectly paying for the wall is just another one of his lies he's telling to cover the truth: the American taxpayer is paying for it. It's as silly as his lie that tariffs are bringing in millions to the country.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics