ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 10th March 2020, 07:18 AM   #241
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

True, with number 1 being more important!
Quote Tweet

Jose Deynes
@josedeynes
Replying to @PalmerReport and @realDonaldTrump The President has a duty to protect the American people from two equally dangerous threats: 1)the coronavirus and 2)the mass hysteria that MSM wants to create with the sole purpose of politically hurting the President.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 07:41 AM   #242
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Just for the record, a Public Health Emergency was declared on April 26th 2009.
And even if it hadn’t been declared that early, then isn’t the take-away that we should monitor health crises carefully and declare emergencies when appropriate and not, “President Obama waited a long time and the press didn’t complain therefore the press should never complain”?
Old 10th March 2020, 07:42 AM   #243
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Trump Tweeted

Wow! @foxandfriends blew away the competition of Morning Joke (which did very poorly) on MSDNC (Another Comcast sleaze production), and @CNN’s New Day, in the Morning Television Ratings. A total blowout, but that’s what you get when you treat “Trump” fairly!
Why quotation marks?
Old 10th March 2020, 07:49 AM   #244
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
This is just evil.

Trump supporters: Why do you hate humanity?
Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Follow-up

Now, we may see if they'll actually do it and we'll also see if there's an investigation into such blatant wrongdoing.
Translation: "Crap, we got caught!"
Old 10th March 2020, 07:53 AM   #245
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

There is another Russia, Russia, Russia meeting today. It is headed up by corrupt politician Adam “Shifty” Schiff, so I wouldn’t expect too much! @DHS_Wolf

Nancy Pelosi just said, “I don’t know if we can be ready this week.” In other words, it’s off to vacation for the Do Nothing Democrats. That’s been the story with them for 1 1/2 years!

Our CoronaVirus Team has been doing a great job. Even Democrat governors have been VERY complimentary!

Ronald Reagan’s great economist, the recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, has just said great things about a Payroll Tax Cut!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 08:04 AM   #246
plague311
Great minds think...

Ronald Reagan’s great economist, the recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, has just said great things about a Payroll Tax Cut!
The Reagonomics buy might be the best go-to for compliments on economic ideas.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 09:23 AM   #247
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The presidental medal of freedom was given to noted bigot and blowhard Rush Lymphnode. I don't think that particular award really means that much.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 10:26 AM   #248
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

BTW I note the Trump worshippers on this site have adapted the 'It all media manfacueted fake news" tactic to try to defend Dear Leader.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 10:28 AM   #249
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing suspicious to see here folks. Move along.

From: https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/bra...eport_partner/
Brad Parscale, the man running President Donald Trump's reelection campaign, has been using his own private firm to make payments to members of the president's family....In addition to being the central hub for online fundraising, Parscale Strategy has also been used to make "payments out of public view" to Lara Trump, the wife of Eric Trump, and Kimberly Guilfoyle, the girlfriend of Donald Trump, Jr.

Quick! Time to launch an investigation into the Democrats! To the corruption-mobile!

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 10:31 AM   #250
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
BTW I note the Trump worshippers on this site have adapted the 'It all media manfacueted fake news" tactic to try to defend Dear Leader.
Dear Leader decrees, the Great Patriotic Citizen obeys.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 11:31 AM   #251
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And Donnie is still in denial mode:

Statements made a few minutes ago:

"Trump once again downplayed the severity of the coronavirus spread, telling reporters on Capitol Hill on Tuesday that his administration is doing a good job and that it will all work out.
“It will go away, just stay calm,” Trump said after an hour-long meeting with Senate Republicans on an economic relief package. “Everybody has to be vigilant, be calm. Everything is working out.”
The president, talking about U.S. consumers, said, “The consumer has never been in a better position than they are right now.”
Trump dismissed the suggestion that he should be tested for the virus given his interactions with individuals who were in contact with a man who tested positive for the coronavirus at a recent conservative conference.
“I don’t feel any reason. I feel extremely good,” the president said.

He is clearly unable to cope with an actual emergency, and is in denial mode.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:06 PM   #252
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Why do you think it is money? Isn’t it possible that VP Pence is a true believer and when Trump handlers approached him and said, follow DJT to Washington and your name will be associated with the foundation of the next Golden Age of Christianity, he jumped at the chance? He strikes me as far, far more loyal than anyone working on The hope of a future payoff would be. Plus, he is not that bright. I think he could have been fast-talked into drinking the Kool-Aid without any pecuniary promise.
Fair enough. Still, given the number of Christians in the US who prioritize wealth over anything else, no reason it can't be both.
Quote:
Is there any evidence that his relatives would have his loyalty? People often make jokes about how when it is Donny Jr’s turn to go under the bus, DJT will be saying, “I hardly know him. We’ve never worked together very closely.” It has been reported that he has no respect for his children, why would he have any loyalty to anyone he doesn’t respect?
Don't get me wrong. I am absolutely certain Trump would smile as he stepped over the corpses of his children to get something he wanted. I'm suggesting that it's remotely* possible the optics of booting his biggest fan out of office might hurt him.

*Very remotely since the only way to hurt him electorally is to take votes away from his base, and there is little evidence that anything can accomplish that right now.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:08 PM   #253
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Statements made a few minutes ago:

"Trump once again downplayed the severity of the coronavirus spread, telling reporters on Capitol Hill on Tuesday that his administration is doing a good job and that it will all work out.
“It will go away, just stay calm,” Trump said after an hour-long meeting with Senate Republicans on an economic relief package. “Everybody has to be vigilant, be calm. Everything is working out.”
The president, talking about U.S. consumers, said, “The consumer has never been in a better position than they are right now.”
Trump dismissed the suggestion that he should be tested for the virus given his interactions with individuals who were in contact with a man who tested positive for the coronavirus at a recent conservative conference.

Translation: "I'm not sick, so what's the problem?"
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:09 PM   #254
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweeted

Wow! @foxandfriends blew away the competition of Morning Joke (which did very poorly) on MSDNC (Another Comcast sleaze production), and @CNN’s New Day, in the Morning Television Ratings. A total blowout, but that’s what you get when you treat “Trump” fairly!
We are in the midst of a pandemic and a stock market meltdown and Trump is concerned with TV ratings?

Why am I not surprised?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:14 PM   #255
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Re: Trump getting rid of Pence as VP...
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Don't get me wrong. I am absolutely certain Trump would smile as he stepped over the corpses of his children to get something he wanted. I'm suggesting that it's remotely* possible the optics of booting his biggest fan out of office might hurt him.

*Very remotely since the only way to hurt him electorally is to take votes away from his base, and there is little evidence that anything can accomplish that right now.
Trump might try it if he thinks he can find a VP who might bring in more votes than he loses by dumping Pence. Someone like Nikki Haley. (Trump might think "The Evangelicals are dumb enough to vote for me no matter what... but I might just convince a few women to vote for me.".)

Not saying it would necessarily work. (Just that it might be something Trump could try.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 10th March 2020, 12:16 PM   #256
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
We are in the midst of a pandemic and a stock market meltdown and Trump is concerned with TV ratings?

Why am I not surprised?
His people probably put TV ratings information in the middle of his briefs in the hopes that he'll pay attention to the actual information they're trying to give him.
Old 10th March 2020, 12:21 PM   #257
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

His people probably put TV ratings information in the middle of his briefs in the hopes that he'll pay attention to the actual information they're trying to give him.
That along with pictures of women he'd like to spank him.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:32 PM   #258
Armitage72
Illuminator

Yesterday, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham was asked if Trump would continue to hold rallies. The answer was a combination of denial and blatant lying about his work habits.

Quote:
"He actually just addressed this. Yes, he plans on still holding rallies. And I'll tell you what, with our President -- this man who doesn't sleep and who I have seen work 15-16 hours a day every day -- I have no problem thinking that he's going to be just fine and just healthy."

The not sleeping I can believe, since he regularly Tweets at 2 or 3 in the morning, but working 15-16 hours a day?
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:36 PM   #259
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post

The not sleeping I can believe, since he regularly Tweets at 2 or 3 in the morning, but working 15-16 hours a day?
It's true...if you consider looking up TV ratings, watching hours of FOX, and looking through Twitter to find Trump-fawning tweets to re-tweet as 'work'.
Old 10th March 2020, 12:41 PM   #260
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I guess it depends on your definition of work. If President Trump considers the 12 hours a day he spends watching FoxNews a critical part of his Presidential duties, then maybe he does work 15-16 hours a day.

My personal anecdotal experience is that people who claim to work ridiculous hours often vastly overstate their time worked by including all kinds of things as working time and/or claiming their longest ever day as a typical one.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:45 PM   #261
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Yesterday, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham was asked if Trump would continue to hold rallies. The answer was a combination of denial and blatant lying about his work habits.
And an assumption that the concern was for Trump's health rather than that of the people crowded together in the audience.
Old 10th March 2020, 12:45 PM   #262
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

... Snip... I am absolutely certain Trump would smile as he stepped over the corpses of his children to get something he wanted.. Snip.. .
Wish people wouldn't make such silly statements. There is no way Trump would step over the corpses of his children... Someone would have to move them out of his way!
Old 10th March 2020, 12:47 PM   #263
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I guess it depends on your definition of work. If President Trump considers the 12 hours a day he spends watching FoxNews a critical part of his Presidential duties, then maybe he does work 15-16 hours a day.

My personal anecdotal experience is that people who claim to work ridiculous hours often vastly overstate their time worked by including all kinds of things as working time and/or claiming their longest ever day as a typical one.
I've in the past talked about the sub-class of "Busy" people where the act of being "Busy" seems to have taken on a life of its own and where being "Busy" has become this separate thing, distinct from the actual things that ostensibly are keeping them "Busy."

Think about it, you know someone like this, a "Busy" person who is always preparing for, recovering from, planning for, or talking about "Being busy" yet... never actually seems to ever be in the moment in the act of actually doing anything. "Busy" is always, always something they either just did or are about to do.

Someone (I think on this board) referred to them as "People who run from crisis to crisis so much all they have time to do is run."

I wonder if Trump is some strange version of it.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 12:47 PM   #264
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

It's the old adage, you and I read the paper, the very important person reviews the papers.
Old 10th March 2020, 12:58 PM   #265
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

Trump might try it if he thinks he can find a VP who might bring in more votes than he loses by dumping Pence. Someone like Nikki Haley. (Trump might think "The Evangelicals are dumb enough to vote for me no matter what... but I might just convince a few women to vote for me.".)

Not saying it would necessarily work. (Just that it might be something Trump could try.
Oh Trump can dump Pence from the ticket easily. Pence would be a lame duck until January 2021. Forcing Pence out as veep before then is more difficult.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th March 2020, 01:00 PM   #266
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And Alex Jones, who Donnie has praised on several occasions, was arrested in Texas last night on a DUI. The best people...

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th March 2020, 01:03 PM   #267
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Delete. Already covered.
Old 10th March 2020, 01:03 PM   #268
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Just for the record, a Public Health Emergency was declared on April 26th 2009.
I don't believe you. Trump's tweet has the true facts.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 02:16 PM   #269
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I don't believe you. Trump's tweet has the true facts.
Perfectly truthy facts.
Old 10th March 2020, 02:18 PM   #270
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Perfectly truthy facts.
Some people are saying it was a perfect tweet, I don't know but it is what people are saying. A reporter said to me "Sir, why are your tweets so insightful?"
Old 10th March 2020, 03:01 PM   #271
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

It's a safe bet that Trump's "workday" is just as you describe.

Quote:
Trump was making huge, outrageously leveraged, financially ruinous deals, but day-to-day, he spent "surprisingly large" amounts of time "looking at fabric swatches," Leerhsen writes. "Indeed, flipping through fabric swatches seemed at times to be his main occupation," and "some days he would do it for hours," probably because fabric swatches "were within his comfort zone — whereas, for example, the management of hotels and airlines clearly wasn't."
https://theweek.com/speedreads/84055...ostwriter-says
Old 10th March 2020, 03:04 PM   #272
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Can, actually. Touch something contaminated, like, say, when you shake a hand and it's on your hand. Touch their hand and it's now on both your hands. Each of you touches your face and it's right next to potential entry points. That's the thing about really contagious diseases. They're really contagious. Incidentally, that right there has a lot to do with the emphasis on washing your hands well.
That's right, I don't imagine these twerps wash their hands properly.

Maybe there's hope.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 10th March 2020 at 03:13 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 03:52 PM   #273
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Can, actually. Touch something contaminated, like, say, when you shake a hand and it's on your hand. Touch their hand and it's now on both your hands. Each of you touches your face and it's right next to potential entry points. That's the thing about really contagious diseases. They're really contagious. Incidentally, that right there has a lot to do with the emphasis on washing your hands well.
Star Trek:TOS actually predicted that ages ago.
Old 10th March 2020, 03:57 PM   #274
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

If you like automobils, how can you vote for a Democrat who all want to get rid of cars, as quickly as possible, especially if they are powered by gasoline. Remember also, no more than one car per family. I, on the other hand, have new plants being built all over Michigan, Plus!

Best unemployment numbers in the history of our Country. Best employment number EVER, almost 160 million people working right now. Vote Republican, unless you want to see these numbers obliterated!
Old 10th March 2020, 04:12 PM   #275
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

Here is a photo of Nikki Haley's wedding. I'm not sure the Trump faithful will entirely approve.

Edit: Linky no worky. You can Google it. She had both Christian and Sikh ceremonies. There's someone with a turban in the picture.
Then again, she's probably more of a Christian than Trump.

Last edited by Trebuchet; 10th March 2020 at 04:16 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 04:48 PM   #276
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I've in the past talked about the sub-class of "Busy" people where the act of being "Busy" seems to have taken on a life of its own and where being "Busy" has become this separate thing, distinct from the actual things that ostensibly are keeping them "Busy."

Think about it, you know someone like this, a "Busy" person who is always preparing for, recovering from, planning for, or talking about "Being busy" yet... never actually seems to ever be in the moment in the act of actually doing anything. "Busy" is always, always something they either just did or are about to do.

Someone (I think on this board) referred to them as "People who run from crisis to crisis so much all they have time to do is run."

I wonder if Trump is some strange version of it.
They even have their own slogans that they try and sell to all and sundry. "Want to get something done? Ask a busy person!" Although there is a bit of crossbreeding with those other odious personality types "the extroverts". ***sneer***
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 04:50 PM   #277
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

If you like automobils, how can you vote for a Democrat who all want to get rid of cars, as quickly as possible, especially if they are powered by gasoline. Remember also, no more than one car per family. I, on the other hand, have new plants being built all over Michigan, Plus!

Best unemployment numbers in the history of our Country. Best employment number EVER, almost 160 million people working right now. Vote Republican, unless you want to see these numbers obliterated!

Is that a Freudian slip?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2020, 05:21 PM   #278
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Trump Tweets

Is he - is he trying to take credit for population growth?
Old 10th March 2020, 06:11 PM   #279
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Is he - is he trying to take credit for population growth?
“And don’t forget the year! No president has ever governed in a higher numbered year. All the other presidents were in the 1900s.”
Old 10th March 2020, 06:16 PM   #280
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Seems as though Trump's "It will be a long day for Bernie" tweet today is just about the only thing he has been right about in a long,long,time.

Robert Heinlein.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics