ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Old 15th March 2020, 05:53 PM   #281
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
My emergency plan for no electricity in cold weather has been to go to neighbours who have a log-fuelled stove, but I'm not planning to go near people if I can help it if this lot gets bad.

Don't you think you might be pressed into service to treat two-legged patients if things do get that bad?
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2020, 06:11 PM   #282
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

No. And that reminds me, I need to tell the RCVS that I'm moving to the retired list on 1st April. I paid to stay on the active list this last year and wasn't needed for any work, and I'm damned if I'm working even if my old employer needs a fill-in while all this is going on.

And I haven't done the CPD anyway. So fine, I can prescribe for and treat my own animals, OK by me.
Old 15th March 2020, 06:14 PM   #283
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

I'm driving from TN to FL tomorrow for a regular vacation with my family and a friend's family. 2 couples, 4 kids. 6 days.

We're hauling down most all the food/booze we'll need, plus fishing gear.

Figure if the country shuts down, I hope it happens while Im on the beach.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2020, 06:43 PM   #284
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Just remembered I have a Japanese Horror novel that's printed on 3 rolls of toilet paper.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2020, 07:29 PM   #285
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
I'm driving from TN to FL tomorrow for a regular vacation with my family and a friend's family. 2 couples, 4 kids. 6 days.

We're hauling down most all the food/booze we'll need, plus fishing gear.

Figure if the country shuts down, I hope it happens while Im on the beach.

My cousin who lives in the Panhandle just sent me a link to a news item that they're starting to close beaches--not just to prevent the spread by person-to-person contact on those beaches, but also to discourage people from visiting the state.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2020, 09:52 PM   #286
Elagabalus
Philosopher

I actually think things will begin to mellow out just as soon as all the Boomer Hoarders die off. I kid, I kid. Seriously, the SuperMarket that I went to before I snagged the last pack of Charmin Mega 16=64 Ultra Soft TP was selling rolls of TP (limit 2 per family) for a buck each. They were some industrial type with a plastic spool in the middle but seemed very tightly packed (I know because I bought two but haven't used them yet) and although not quite as plush as the aforementioned Charmin seemed perfectly fine for even the biggest of big jobbies.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2020, 11:37 PM   #287
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Shortages at my local Supermarket this morning (I need to say, the shelves are normally restocked overnight, and full by the morning and pretty much most of the day):

Toilet Paper
Soap
Hand Sanitizer
Bread
Eggs
Dried Food (Pasta, Flower, Rice etc.)
Meat virtually all gone.
Paper Towell
Tissues
Very little tinned fruit or Vegetables
Frozen Meals (except for fish, for some reason)

(probably other stuff I don't look at)

I also went to get my scripts as I normally do once a month, and the wait is usually ten minutes while the Chemist labels the packets and bottles. There were about 100 people's scripts waiting to be filled, and a 90 minute wait! I didn't even have to sign for them (health reasons apparently) or some Registered Mail the Postie delivered later.

Victoria has announced a State of Emergency. But at least the footy starts this week (to empty stadiums). I cannot see that lasting.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 15th March 2020 at 11:39 PM.
fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 12:23 AM   #288
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Apologies if too off topic, but Aus only do monthly scripts?

Here it is 90 days except for some really full on **** you could off yourself with
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 12:29 AM   #289
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Apologies if too off topic, but Aus only do monthly scripts?

Monthly scripts for most stuff. I get new scripts from my Doctor to take to the Chemist every six months - a one month supply plus five monthly renewals.

Norm

fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 12:46 AM   #290
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Monthly scripts for most stuff. I get new scripts from my Doctor to take to the Chemist every six months - a one month supply plus five monthly renewals.

Norm
I'm in exactly the same position. My daily drug, is filled once per month. If I try to renew after three weeks the pharmacist refuses.
Old 16th March 2020, 12:56 AM   #291
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I'm so glad that my father died in November last year.

I cannot imagine how I'd feel if he was still in the care home and I was unable to visit him because of Coronavirus. He wouldn't have understood what was going on and would have been very distressed that I hadn't been to visit him.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 12:58 AM   #292
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Norm
Cool.

With my ones it's 90 days. But it's nothing heavy.

But remember being on codeine a long time ago where I was on codeine for a bit.

That was 90 days, like you it was 30 days with 2 repeats.
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 01:25 AM   #293
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Did my usual grocery shopping on the weekend.

Couldn't buy any TP because there was none there.

Uh oh.

This means that the panic buying may affect me soon.

Bastards!
Old 16th March 2020, 02:11 AM   #294
Ulf Nereng
Thinker

Read today in the Guardian that the Dutch are hamstering cannabis now! Got to hand it to those Dutch...
Ulf Nereng is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 02:16 AM   #295
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ulf Nereng View Post
Read today in the Guardian that the Dutch are hamstering cannabis now! Got to hand it to those Dutch...
Stockpiling of snack foods will likely follow IMO......
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 04:23 AM   #296
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Went shopping today. Lots of small gaps in the shelves. No TP, tissues or soap of any kind. I only hope that they can restock the shelves soon and people stop buying more than what they use. I doubt this would happen anytime soon.

Rationing is on. Only one or two items can be bought per shop of some items. Though it would be good if they were on the shelves to begin with.
Old 16th March 2020, 04:31 AM   #297
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

And I saw a headline that in the US, gun sales are surging.

No indication of whether supply is adequate to meet the surge in demand.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 06:03 AM   #298
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by novaphile View Post
I'm in exactly the same position. My daily drug, is filled once per month. If I try to renew after three weeks the pharmacist refuses.

I have monthly refills. My pharmacy tried to get my insurance to switch to 3-month supplies, but apparently they refused.

I tried to get all of my scripts filled last week, but they only gave me my blood pressure pills, which were already due to be filled. They told me that they could give me my asthma meds, but my insurance wouldn't pay for them until the 17th, so I'm waiting until tomorrow to get those two. So at that point I'll have about five weeks' worth of my asthma meds and four weeks' worth of my BP meds on hand.
Old 16th March 2020, 06:13 AM   #299
Ian Osborne
JREF Kid
Tagger

I'm not selfishly hoarding ridiculous amounts of supplies, but I'm buying a little extra to make sure I can last a month without going to the shops, and have something to fall back on if I run out of essentials while the shelves are still empty. Is anyone else doing this?

"The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
Ian Osborne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 06:19 AM   #300
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post

I think we still have a .22 rifle and a single-shot shotgun around here somewhere to deal with raccoons and other nuisance animals, although I don't think my brother has bothered with them for a few years. But in the exceedingly unlikely event that there's such a breakdown in civilization that we have to fend off armed mobs, my other brother is a reserve police officer, and a former Army Reserve officer. I imagine that he, my sister-in-law, and my nephews would come and stay with us, and I know he has enough guns to arm us all.
Old 16th March 2020, 06:29 AM   #301
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ian Osborne View Post
I'm not selfishly hoarding ridiculous amounts of supplies, but I'm buying a little extra to make sure I can last a month without going to the shops, and have something to fall back on if I run out of essentials while the shelves are still empty. Is anyone else doing this?
Somewhat.....

Mrs Don and I are in good health and IMO great shape for our age but we are in our 50's. We think it's highly likely that we'll catch Coronavirus and are optimistic that, because we have no pre-existing conditions and haven't smoked in years, we will be able to ride it out at home.

That said, we've bought a few cans of soup in case neither of us feel like cooking for a few days and I'll likely whip up and freeze a large batch of bean chilli in the next few days so we have nourishing food with no effort.

We probably have about 2 weeks worth of food in the house right now and, more importantly, around 250 bottles of wine /
Old 16th March 2020, 06:32 AM   #302
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
(I know because I bought two but haven't used them yet)

Not even a test wipe?! Then you won't know if it'll be worth buying more the next time you go shopping.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 06:34 AM   #303
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post

They'll come in handy when your lungs are starting to fill up ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 06:37 AM   #304
dann
Philosopher

Shortages at my local Supermarket this morning (I need to say, the shelves are normally restocked overnight, and full by the morning and pretty much most of the day)

No shortages at all around here, but a few supermarket chains have retracted the lowered prices on certain special offers.
Old 16th March 2020, 06:43 AM   #305
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Ian Osborne View Post
I stocked up on supplies early on. Originally I only bought enough so that I could stay in the apartment for 2-3 weeks without going out to shop. My original goal was to cut down how much social contact I was having dramatically. Normally I go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week, so stocking up a bit is really cutting down how much I can be a vector for the infection. As of right now, I'm only leaving my apt to go to work or to do weekly laundry at the laundromat, with a single short trip to the grocery store in about 2 weeks to resupply for another 3 weeks. That seems like pretty good social distancing to me.

People buying way more than they could conceivably need is becoming a real problem. I now worry that my supply is not enough as there may not be replacements available once I've used it all. I'm not going to hoard more than I have now, but I do anticipate that it may be difficult to get some items when it comes time to resupply. People trying to buy a small supply can't because some panicked moron bought up several months supply at once.

These people buying like a year's supply of toilet paper are real jerks. We're not supposed to be stocking a doomsday bunker, just buying a bit more than usual so there aren't as many people in the shops day to day.

Hopefully this slows a bit over time. I hope the people who stocked their attic with 500 rolls of TP won't buying any more as the stores replenish.

This isn't an end of the world scenario. Even the worst case scenario society is going to continue on. This is about mitigating the impact as much as possible and preventing unnecessary death. I am very disappointed with how people have reacted to this. I don't consider myself an especially courageous or virtuous person, but so many people seem to be falling well short of what is a pretty low expectation of responsible behavior.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 16th March 2020 at 06:52 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 06:49 AM   #306
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Somewhat.....

Mrs Don and I are in good health and IMO great shape for our age but we are in our 50's. We think it's highly likely that we'll catch Coronavirus and are optimistic that, because we have no pre-existing conditions and haven't smoked in years, we will be able to ride it out at home.

That said, we've bought a few cans of soup in case neither of us feel like cooking for a few days and I'll likely whip up and freeze a large batch of bean chilli in the next few days so we have nourishing food with no effort.

We probably have about 2 weeks worth of food in the house right now and, more importantly, around 250 bottles of wine /
And what about next week?....

Old 16th March 2020, 07:25 AM   #307
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
And what about next week?....

I think there's a litre bottle (i.e. a lifetime's supply) of tequila that we won in a pub quiz when we were stuck in Cancun during the Eyjafjallajökull eruption. We'll drink that if we run out of urine.
Old 16th March 2020, 07:46 AM   #308
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I think there's a litre bottle (i.e. a lifetime's supply) of tequila that we won in a pub quiz when we were stuck in Cancun during the Eyjafjallajökull eruption. We'll drink that if we run out of urine.
If it's 120 proof or more, you can use it as a hand sanitizer!
Old 16th March 2020, 07:49 AM   #309
Rolfe

I reckon I have enough to do me till the end of June. That is done by counting the boxes of cat food, because I can substitute and eke stuff out and go without (see the Perpetual Forum Weight Loss thread) but Jori wouldn't understand. Even though he has grown from an indoor kitten at four months to a deadly predator at four years (his birthday is next week) he still expects Mum to supply the basics.

As I said earlier in the thread, this was happenstance rather than sudden panic buying. I set aside more than I needed about 15 months ago, looking at returning from a 10-week cruise potentially in the middle of a pre-Brexit panic-buy situation. Mostly tins and dry goods. I bought stuff gradually over several weeks in November/December 2018, when nobody else was stocking up on anything more serious than mince pies, and stored it in the loft above my garage. I intended to use the stuff last year regardless, but when the Brexit can was repeatedly kicked down the road rather than being resolved all I did was use up a few things with serious expiry dates on them.

About ten days ago I had a bad feeling about what was coming down the line as regards the virus and early panic buying was starting. I went into a big supermarket with my "Brexit resilience" list and checked off all the things I'd used up and replaced them. I'd also re-stocked my freezer only a week or two prevously (whereas it was more than half-empty when I was on the cruise. So I'm sorted without having had to do much right now.

Originally I was envisaging being able to go freely to the shops but there potentially being shortages due to supply chain disruption. This is different. There may be stuff in the shops, I don't know, but I don't want to go there. There is a small temptation to go to pick up a couple of things I hadn't really thought about properly, while presumably the danger in the village is still low (I haven't heard of a case), but I see the children coming home from the school in the town 13 miles away every day, and God alone knows what they're bringing, and I intend to be disciplined.

I'm off now to see a neighbour to instruct her about social distancing.
Old 16th March 2020, 08:14 AM   #310
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Brains!!!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 09:38 AM   #311
AnonyMoose
Muse

So here's an interesting little tidbit of info I overheard today:

I just got back from a quick run to the store for some bread and eggs. As I was standing in line, the customer in front of me asked the cashier (who is also the owner of the store) when they expect to get more cans of Lysol disinfectant spray and his answer was, "Sorry, but we don't expect to see any shipment of that coming in until at least April or May, possibly even later. The hospitals are now getting those types of supplies first and then any surplus will get shipped out to the stores."

So that's it then I guess. It's possible stores won't be seeing certain items being restocked any time soon. Keep in mind though, this might just be in my area because of where I live.... a small town of about 1800 people out in the middle of no man's land. But I suspect this is going to be the story everywhere soon enough.

Has all this panic buying now forced governments to start using the 'triage' method to make sure that hospitals/clinics et al get their much needed supplies first and foremost (rightfully so, of course)?

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 16th March 2020 at 09:40 AM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 09:53 AM   #312
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

I just got done putting away the groceries I bought.

I thought it was funny to see people pushing carts out of the store- 3x 24 packs of TP, no food. WTF do the think they need the TP for without food?

I stocked upon Cream of Wheat and Chedder Cheese- The Tie That Binds. I already have Lomatil.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 11:52 AM   #313
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
I'm off now to see a neighbour to instruct her about social distancing.

That was a joke, wasn't it?!
Old 16th March 2020, 12:42 PM   #314
Rolfe

No. But when I phoned, she and her husband were out. We definitely need to have a word.

I told her later on the phone I'm coming round tomorrow to show her what to do. I will insist on maintaining at least six feet between us the entire time, I will wash my hands as soon as I get in and again before leaving. I will refuse any refreshments. I will only stay long enough to talk about how to be as safe as possible while doing essential shopping, and tell her again that she should politely decline the invitation she has received to visit a mutual friend on Wednesday - that would be OK except she reeled off to me a list of other mutual friends who have been invited to this get-together. It's way too many. One-to-one visits are one thing, but people from three, four, five households all together in one house? Not on a bet.
Old 16th March 2020, 02:31 PM   #315
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Brains!!!
OK, to and try to insert some into BoJo and Tantrump's skulls.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 02:37 PM   #316
Seismosaurus
Philosopher

Just sorted my weekly shopping order. No rice, no pasta, no toilet paper to be had.
Old 16th March 2020, 02:49 PM   #317
carlitos
"más divertido"

In what I hope is a good sign, thermometers were scarce, so people must be grabbing them up. I used the Target app and found one at a store near me, hidden in the baby section of the store.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 03:20 PM   #318
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
I stocked up on supplies early on. Originally I only bought enough so that I could stay in the apartment for 2-3 weeks without going out to shop. My original goal was to cut down how much social contact I was having dramatically. Normally I go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week, so stocking up a bit is really cutting down how much I can be a vector for the infection. As of right now, I'm only leaving my apt to go to work or to do weekly laundry at the laundromat, with a single short trip to the grocery store in about 2 weeks to resupply for another 3 weeks. That seems like pretty good social distancing to me.

People buying way more than they could conceivably need is becoming a real problem. I now worry that my supply is not enough as there may not be replacements available once I've used it all. I'm not going to hoard more than I have now, but I do anticipate that it may be difficult to get some items when it comes time to resupply. People trying to buy a small supply can't because some panicked moron bought up several months supply at once.

These people buying like a year's supply of toilet paper are real jerks. We're not supposed to be stocking a doomsday bunker, just buying a bit more than usual so there aren't as many people in the shops day to day.

Hopefully this slows a bit over time. I hope the people who stocked their attic with 500 rolls of TP won't buying any more as the stores replenish.

This isn't an end of the world scenario. Even the worst case scenario society is going to continue on. This is about mitigating the impact as much as possible and preventing unnecessary death. I am very disappointed with how people have reacted to this. I don't consider myself an especially courageous or virtuous person, but so many people seem to be falling well short of what is a pretty low expectation of responsible behavior.
Let them eat toilet paper.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 05:21 PM   #319
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Probably posted already but in case it hasn't been:

https://www.facebook.com/pluginjug/p...type=3&theater

Lots of funny memes, scroll a bit. And there's some hilarious memes beyond the TP issue.

Two days without sports.
Found lady sitting on my couch.
Apparently she's my wife.
She seems pretty nice....

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2020, 07:00 PM   #320
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Still no TP. Who is buying it all?
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events