ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 17th January 2018, 03:17 PM   #3321
Segnosaur
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
"Enquiring minds wanna know!"

Every one of these stupid stories digs the grave a little deeper for the Dems in 2020.

They're making him a martyr by reporting anything and everything someone claims in a tabloid.
You tried making the claim of 'martyrdom' for Trump in the 'path to reelection' thread. It is as invalid here as it was there.

The only people who would consider Trump a martyr are the people who were already Trump supporters to begin with. There is nothing about Trump that would elicit any sort of sympathy which would make a Democrat or an independent decide to vote for him.

The best you could hope for is that anyone isn't already a trump supporter would hear the story, say "that's silly" and then go on with their life. In the worst case scenario, it causes at least a few Trump supporters to think "this is the last straw" and not vote for him again.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 03:25 PM   #3322
plague311
Great minds think...

Every one of these stupid stories digs the grave a little deeper for the Dems in 2020.

They're making him a martyr by reporting anything and everything someone claims in a tabloid. And it gets reported here too, as if anybody cares about Trumps skills in the bedroom. Every non-story like this just strengthens him to the point where even actual issues are dismissed because "It's just the press picking on him again". Doesn't anyone get this?
No one as clearly as you. The public opinion of him is rock bottom. This is just more nonsense. It's funny how much you guys coddle this guy.

They're picking on him? He's the one that started this fake news nonsense. It's like calling someone fat, and then getting really upset when they call you a douche.

I just realized these are bullying tactics, "Haha Trump is lousy in be-ed!!! Trump has small ha-ands neener neener!" Dems are behaving very badly. I can't believe this has not changed over the past year. They really do not know how to handle this at all.
Pathetic. Like I said before, just more people making excuses for this big ass baby. It's even more laughable you tried pulling this with a straight face. Trump is being bullied? You mean like when mocked that reporter? Or when the girl asked him an honest question at a town hall and his supporters threatened to rape her to death? Or like when he calls out anyone and his gang of tits jump all over that person? It's happened a dozen times.

CNNs webpage is a joke. They are worse than Fox now in their partisanship - well maybe equal. I can't stomach either site now. It's embarrassing.

The media went quickly from reporting about Trump to picking on Trump some time ago and it has done nothing but help him. "Oh my Gawd he said ****hole!" Nobody cares, get a clue.
Those people care. Just because you don't, doesn't mean it should be ignored. Just because you and others like you have normalized, rationalized, and approve of him saying stupid, degenerate **** like this, doesn't mean everyone else is willing to plummet to your level of expectations. Don't try to lower everyone else just because you've allowed it for yourself.

Nobody cares because they, at least in part, agree with him, and they are sick and tired of listening to liberal whining. Liberals are reelecting Trump as I type this.
No, they don't agree with him. YOU, and others that match your mindset, agree with him. It's pretty apparent the country and the majority of the world think he's a doorknob. I don't know why you guys seem to love it, but I'm not shocked.

Trump isn't getting re-elected. I never said he wasn't getting elected the first time, but I know he won't this time. I bet you really got yourself pumped up there though. I can just picture it.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 03:26 PM   #3323
Segnosaur
Philosopher

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
Quote:
President Donald Trump bragged on Twitter that his approval rating with black Americans has doubled. It hasn't.
How does one double zero?
It couldn't have been zero... remember during the campaign event where he pointed out "Oh, look at my African-American over here. Look at him." Or the guy with a sign "Blacks for Trump" who was featured at many of Trump's rallies (who is actually some sort of conspiracy nut).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politi...can/index.html
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...lly/595430001/

See? At least 2 black supporters. They could hold their meetings in a telephone booth.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 03:34 PM   #3324
Civet
Graduate Poster

Heck, it turns out even "his" African-American isn't really much of a fan.
Civet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 03:34 PM   #3325
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

They're making him a martyr by reporting anything and everything someone claims in a tabloid. And it gets reported here too, as if anybody cares about Trumps skills in the bedroom. Every non-story like this just strengthens him to the point where even actual issues are dismissed because "It's just the press picking on him again". Doesn't anyone get this?

I just realized these are bullying tactics, "Haha Trump is lousy in be-ed!!! Trump has small ha-ands neener neener!" Dems are behaving very badly. I can't believe this has not changed over the past year. They really do not know how to handle this at all.

CNNs webpage is a joke. They are worse than Fox now in their partisanship - well maybe equal. I can't stomach either site now. It's embarrassing.

The media went quickly from reporting about Trump to picking on Trump some time ago and it has done nothing but help him. "Oh my Gawd he said ****hole!" Nobody cares, get a clue.

Nobody cares because they, at least in part, agree with him, and they are sick and tired of listening to liberal whining. Liberals are reelecting Trump as I type this.

I can't wait till he goes down and your ilk is reduced to crying in your sheets.
Old 17th January 2018, 03:45 PM   #3326
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Hell yes. And we need to make sure that Sorkin has all the reefer that he wants to smoke when he is writing it.

I want him to expand on and wander from the book with wild fictions to make Trump look extra horrible. Show some pussy grabbing right there in the Oval Office. A small refrigerator full of Big Macs. He has a BB gun and shoots songbirds perched in trees outside of the office. Mostly he plays golf and really sucks.

Start the series with a scene from the Presidential Debate. He greets Hillary right before the feed cameras start rolling. Trump grabs her pussy and says, "Good luck, cutie. May the best man win!"

This will be impeachment gold and we will finally get our Pence.

Old 17th January 2018, 03:51 PM   #3327
JPK
Graduate Poster

Good evening NoahFence
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post

I can't wait till he goes down and your ilk is reduced to crying in your sheets.
In the words of the great Mr. Wolf from "Pulp Fiction", "Let's not start sucking each other's ***** just yet."
This administration has done nothing to secure the election systems. They can't even acknowledge that there is any reason to address this "Russian Hoax".
The Dems have a lot of work to do.
John Kardel
JPK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 03:57 PM   #3328
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Fire and Fury to be made into a TV series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true
Oh good, this is a bandage best pulled off, excruciatingly slowly.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 04:02 PM   #3329
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The book hasn't gotten him impeached yet. Maybe a TV series will. Hurry!
Impeachment is off the table until 2019; the Republicans in the House aren't loyal enough to the nation to do their duty. Right now, if it hurts Trump it helps the nation. Everything has an opportunity cost. If they're responding the book, the morons and traitors in the WH aren't governing and that's a good thing.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2018, 04:23 PM   #3330
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I'd rather have Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski do Trump's story than Aaron Sorkin. I've always found Sorkin's stuff to be awful, but American Crime Story was absolutely riveting last year.

And, really, who doesn't want to see what weird way John Travolta would have of playing Donald Trump?
Old 17th January 2018, 09:47 PM   #3331
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Mod InfoThis thread has been continued here. As always, the split was for length and not content. You may freely quote from this closed thread in the new one. Thank you.
Posted By:Loss Leader

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics