ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 16th July 2017, 02:26 AM   #3721
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
I had to look it up. The first NationalCosmopolitan supposedly "ascended" to "Perfection of eating properly" (Конечно, эта история полна дерьма) on September 7, 1992.

He died a few months later. The second NationalCosmopolitan took his place.

The next time we hear from a NationalCosmopolitan, it'll probably be #58, unless of course #58 dies first and we hear from one of his successors.
Do not lie to the people.
* I began to develop my projects of asymmetric days' of eating and freedom from eatingg in April 1913.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 02:54 AM   #3722
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
OK, just now went through NC's long post.

It occurs to me that the humor in this particular thread (and this may apply, in part, to many other weirdo threads as well), comes from, first of all, NC's totally weird ideas ; second of all, his total imperviousness to reason ; third, the hilarious language his translating software throws up ; and, not the least, the accompanying comments. His solo performance wouldn't have not been half as funny without the accompaniments.

And you, halley'scomet, do take great effort to add to the hilarity component of threads like these. I remember your contribution to the Bethke threads, complete with spreads (there and here as well). That design/logo/graphic as well -- NC hasn't devised it himself, I remember someone prepared it for him. Was that you as well?

Although you may perhaps be putting in an excess of 'black' in the black humor. Given that it's that poor man's death those comments apply to. On the other hand, I suppose you do that in the (probably vain) attempt to dissuade NC from persisting with his crazy diet. That I can understand.

NationalCosmopolitan, your threads are great for the occasional laughs, but listen to everyone, why don't you, and stick to your robot judges and new world order and universal world language, and give the crazy diet a miss? Yahweh dislikes innovative diets, and hates holy-day crap-fests, you don't want to go to hell despite all your piety, do you?
The same way people laughed at the Hunger Artist in the genius short story of Franz Kafka "A Hunger Artist". I have read it yesterday.
The same key words (EASY) and almost my situation.

It is very very easy to achieve realy a great result in this project but this great real result is not interesting to ALL PEOPLE of AALL THE WORD (even if they will get freedom from all their l diseases, including cancer by this easy way, as in my experience from april 1914).

If you will read this story you will understand me.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 03:30 AM   #3723
Pixel42
SchrŲdinger's cat

Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
April 1913.
That was 104 years ago.

You are not well over a hundred years old.

april 1914
That was 103 years ago.

You can't even keep your silliness straight from one post to the next.
Old 16th July 2017, 03:34 AM   #3724
Arisia
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
... Go do a tour of one of the many countries today in which people are starving to death, and I dare you to tell them its ok they are just so lucky they can be free from eating...
Indeed.
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 03:38 AM   #3725
Arisia
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
That was 104 years ago.

That was 103 years ago.

Hey, Pixel! Make note of what day NC has appeared to be regenerated... hmmm, a new NC and a new Doctor on the same day?!? ...

Last edited by Arisia; 16th July 2017 at 03:41 AM.
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 06:37 AM   #3726
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Those 7 days of eating after 42 days freedom from eating I ate just not more food that I really wanted to eat.
I have ate 51200 kcal of food.

Couscous 2 kg
Buckwheat 2 kg
Oatmeal 0,75 kg
Sunflower oil 0,4 kg
Butter 0,2 kg
sour cream 3 kg
Beef liver 3 kg
Beef 3,4 kg
Fat lamb 1 kg
Challah 0,5 kg
Tomato juice 8 kg
Beetroot juice 1 kg
Carrot juice 1 rg
Melons, Watermelons, Peaches, Apples 10 kg
I had absolutely no problems with my internal organs of digestion.
That's in excess of 35 Kg in 7 days, including several kg of grains. Was that dry weight, or after soaking? Even if so, these are not merely astounding, but impossible amounts to be consumed in seven days.

Are you sure you're not making mistakes in transcribing the units of weight, as has happened before? Are you mistaking units of 100g for kilograms, for example?
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 07:35 AM   #3727
halleyscomet
Philosopher

It's clear me that you want to be National cosmopolitan too.

But you are afraid to began to eat even only once a day as the first step.

That's why you want to go another way - to use my account and to become the Nationalcosmopolitan without even 1 day fasting.

You and everybody else can check my identification using skype.

My skype adress: fogelgregory, welcome.

God lord no. I have a morbid fascination with your suicide cult in the same way I have a morbid fascination with Scientology, MRA's, Sovereign Citizens and Mormons. I enjoy learning about the psychology behind the people who adhere to such broken, twisted, unrealistic mythologies, but would never want to join up.

By the way, congratulations on your promotion. My condolences about your predecessor.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 07:37 AM   #3728
halleyscomet
Philosopher

The usefulness of using money in most people increases with increasing income according to the law of the natural logarithm from human income.

U=lnI

U - usefulness of using income.

I - Income

Something like this http://yotx.ru/#!1/3_h/tb@zsH@0YM4X9...y6vNjd39oHBQ==

In my eating lifestyle society the more money have the man - the more usefulness he will use them.

Something like this

http://yotx.ru/#!1/3_h/sH@zsH@0YM4X9...uMx63Li939rX0B

More specifically the more useful the money and property that's been tuned over to the cult's portfolio managers will be after the cult members die of malnutrition related diseases.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 07:41 AM   #3729
halleyscomet
Philosopher

That was 104 years ago.

That was 103 years ago.

The cult leaders tend to speak about the current leader as if he were the original. There's some spiritual mambo-jumbo to justify it. I think possession is involved.

Like the Catholic Church, NC's cult claims roots that go further back than they really do. Specifically to before the Great Depression. It's not unlike the Roman Catholic myth of Saint Peter being the first Roman Catholic Pope.
Old 16th July 2017, 11:06 AM   #3730
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Do not lie to the people.
* I began to develop my projects of asymmetric days' of eating and freedom from eatingg in April 1913.
If that were true you'd surely be a champion macrobian, but I think maybe just maybe you mistyped that one, old man!

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 12:44 AM   #3731
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Thank you. I am not responsible for the logo, all I did was put some text on an existing graphic.

You make a good point about humor in this thread. Ultimately, this is gallows humor. A man is, for all intents and purposes, claiming to be committing slow suicide while locked in a delusional state. Personally, I think he's lying. The weight fluctuations I graphed a while back suggest a yo-yo process that is simply not sustainable without collapse and likely hospitalization. I hope he's lying, in part because there's nothing we can really do to help him within the confines of the site's membership agreement. Even then, it would likely be up to the moderators to try and track him own and involve local authorities, assuming he even lives in an area where the authorities would or could help. If they did such a thing, it would, at best, have a chilling effect on discussion. Being known as the site that doxes troublesome posters and sicks their local police on them is not a good way to encourage debate and discussion.
This poster people see on me when I'm in the streets of Israel.

I EAT ONLY IN
THE 7TH WEEK.
HEALING MOST
DISEASES. TO
BE YOUNG
TILL 120. I CAN
GIVE THIS
ABILITY TO 9
FROM 10
PERSONS.

It is made in "Arial 72" font on the sheet of the 11th format.
I am open to everybody in on-line and in off-line for checking the truth of my words about my great eating lifestyle.
Old 17th July 2017, 01:14 AM   #3732
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Back when NC had gone quiet for a long time, I'd advocated that myself, that "we" (the Mods?) might contact him, and, failing that, try contacting someone about him.

You're right, that would have been a clear breach of his privacy. Somehow this aspect, so very obvious now that you point it out, had not really occurred to me then, not that I recall.

But then, when a man's life may be at risk? Which takes precedence? Wow, that's a tough call!

In sum, I suppose that we treat NC like the adult that he is. Let him take responsibility for his actions. After all, if this is considered due cause for doxing (or even for reaching out to him, outside of the confines of this forum, to his personal email), what do "we" do when some religious nut job refuses medication or vaccination? Or, like Bethke, preaches hate crimes and overt racism? That whole slippery slope thing : once you start, where do you stop?

I know I myself would stop posting here if I suspected my privacy may be compromised without my consent. So would many others (most others?) I'm sure, like you suggest.

So no, you're perfectly right! Doxing can never be an option, no matter how apparently benevolent the motiviation.
I need not any privacy.
My name is Gregory Fogel.
I Live in Dimona - Israel.
I am absolutely open to all people in this thread.

Everybody will be treat
Everybody will be heal

For myself I am uncompromising physician experimenter
- "Dr. Mengele"
And for all other people
I'm a very kind
"Dr. Unhurt".
Old 17th July 2017, 01:52 AM   #3733
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

The question goes well beyond forum rules or keeping the forum viable. It's a privacy and freedom of speech issue. Breaking the rules once would have a chilling effect on further discussion. At that point its an ideological question not about a web site, but about the exchange of ideas.

There is a point however where I think the line SHOULD be crossed. For example, if one of the genocide advocates on the forum started talking about impending plans to put their odious philosophies into action, I think it would be incumbent upon the moderators to contact law enforcement ASAP to stop a terrorist attack. Fortunately the people who've posted on this forum advocating genocide in one form or another have been all talk and no action, or at least presented themselves that way in their posts.
The Internet arose for the scientific intellectual elite of the United States in the early 1970s.
These were forums - very similar in architecture and ethics of communication to our forum.
But unlike our forum, people had ability to find there another people that were suitable for a successful brainstorming of interesting complex tasks.

After 25 years the Internet became available not only for the American elite, but for most people.
90% went to Facebook and other forums began to degrade.
It have become almost impossible to find an interesting interlocutor, which would be the catalyst for the appearance of new ideas inside your mind.
People are now not collecting ideas-stimulators for the appearance of their own new ideas.
They collect as more as possible "likes" from their so called "friends".
They do not read the texts of each other.
They only change by their "likes" signs.
Thus "likes" exchange has totally replaced an interesting conversation between people.
Old 17th July 2017, 02:17 AM   #3734
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Agreed. Iíve only cursorily skimmed the MA, and I think this is clearly mentioned there, but even on general principles and independently of forum norms, one cannot condone doxing (of private individuals going about their private business), and nor should one ever facilitate it.

Youíre right I suppose, although my agreement with this is more tentative, more qualified. I think the MA explicitly mention that breaking the law (or advocating such) will be liable to be reported to the authorities concerned. And intimation or planning of explicit acts of murder and mayhem, obviously, will justify such reporting even irrespective of what the MA have to say.

Where Ďlesserí transgressions of the law are concerned Iím not sure. (At the ethical level, I mean ; the MA are clear, I think, that all legal transgressions can be reported.) What if someone in all seriousness planned or outlined some tax dodge that was clearly illegal? Or some copyright infringement, not of some individualís copyright but of some fat cat corporation? I donít think I would be comfortable with raking that up, at least I personally wouldnít be the one to report it or to advocate reporting it.

And thatís the nub, isnít it? How is one to know? (Leaving aside posts made clearly in jest. I mean when someone in all seriousness suggests some illegal act, how is one to know if they might actually carry it out?)

Take this very thread. NCís crazy diet. You yourself think heís lying, I know. But what if itís a halfway house kind of thing? That seems more likely to me. I mean, the man has to be literally crazy to be trolling away over such a very long period, across so many laboriously written posts, if heís actually been digging into his three square meals every day all of this while. That seems unlikely to me. Perhaps he sees his crazy diet as some kind of ideal, and perhaps heís actually trying to live up to it? Not very successfully, and with a great deal of cheating, but still? That would still represent a big enough risk to his health.

Does that justify our poking our nose into his affairs? I would think NOT, as I said in my last post. Best treat him as an adult who can carry the responsibility for his actions. Especially since the only one heís likely to harm is himself.

But what if heíd been more persuasive, or if this forum were frequented by people who were more gullible? What if there was a risk that he might actually influence one or two or four others to risk their health and their lives with this diet? Would that justify ďourĒ doxing him, or reporting him?

For that matter, what if weíd had the Warrior Diet guy here instead of NC, or the Soylent person, advocating extreme diets that hadnít been rigorously and scientifically tested yet, and which may, just perhaps, end up causing long-term damage to people? (Not now, not when both those diets have had informal trials over a period of time, even if not actually tested rigorously and scientifically. I mean at the beginning of their respective careers, as with NC here.) Would we then be justified in doxing them and/or reporting them, in a bid to dissuade their growing band of admirers? (Actually I donít think either would make much headway here, not in a forum full of hardboiled skeptics, not without a clear track record to show, but suppose, for the sake of argument, they had managed to attract followers by posting about their innovative and potentially dangerous ideas?)

I donít know! I hadnít thought about this, really, but now that I do, I donít know what Iíd do, or advocate doing!

Paul Bethke, to take another instance. (I hope Iíve got his first name right? I canít be bothered to go look up the thread and confirm it. Anyway Iím sure Iíve got the Bethke part right, so you know who I mean.) Who is to say he mightnít be getting ďradicalizedĒ with his home-grown lunacy, and mightnít end up in newspaper reports a few years down? Again I donít know what the ideal course of action should be!

I suppose when one doesnít know, itís better not to act than to act. A sin of omission is probably preferable in these cases to one of commission. Not a very satisfactory solution, but probably the best we can do?
Maybe after reading this genius story of a genius writer, you will understand how you look like all these vile people.
Franz Kafka
A Hunger Artist
https://records.viu.ca/~Johnstoi/kafka/hungerartist.htm
Old 17th July 2017, 02:53 AM   #3735
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

That was 104 years ago.

That was 103 years ago.

Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
Hey, Pixel! Make note of what day NC has appeared to be regenerated... hmmm, a new NC and a new Doctor on the same day?!? ...
The cult leaders tend to speak about the current leader as if he were the original. There's some spiritual mambo-jumbo to justify it. I think possession is involved.

Like the Catholic Church, NC's cult claims roots that go further back than they really do. Specifically to before the Great Depression. It's not unlike the Roman Catholic myth of Saint Peter being the first Roman Catholic Pope.
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
If that were true you'd surely be a champion macrobian, but I think maybe just maybe you mistyped that one, old man!
Thank you to all of you who pointed me on this my little mistake.
I have started my great eating lifestyle project "The Diet of New Saturday" in 04/01/2014 and not in 1913.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:37 AM   #3736
halleyscomet
Philosopher

- "Dr. Mengele"

And for all other people

I'm a very kind

"Dr. Unhurt".

I would like to point something out. A man I have REPEATEDLY called a liar, with literal graphs and a data table to back up my accusation, is now claiming to have been wandering around Israel with a sign offering to starve people, calling himself "Dr. Mengele," without having been shoot or stabbed by now.

Is portraying a fictional character against the membership agreement? Because after that huge "tell" being plopped down, it's pretty damn obvious to me that's what we're dealing with.
Old 17th July 2017, 05:35 AM   #3737
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I would like to point something out. A man I have REPEATEDLY called a liar, with literal graphs and a data table to back up my accusation, is now claiming to have been wandering around Israel with a sign offering to starve people, calling himself "Dr. Mengele," without having been shoot or stabbed by now.

Is portraying a fictional character against the membership agreement? Because after that huge "tell" being plopped down, it's pretty damn obvious to me that's what we're dealing with.
Poe's law being what it is no such rule exists, If it did we'd lose a number of familiar faces and what fun would this place be then?
----------------------------------------------
ďThat which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.Ē -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 06:33 AM   #3738
Chanakya

Thank you for a nice welcome.

Especially for you a summary of my path.

In the numerator, the number of days of freedom from food at each stage, in the denominator - the number of days of food at each stage.
1/1, 2/1, 4/1, 6/1, 12/2, 24/4, 42/7.
The whole path can be completed in 14 months.
The number of days of freedom from food increases with each stage in 1,8 - 2 times.
Each subsequent stage is achieved easier than the previous one.

NationalCosmpolitan, you totally misunderstand my post addressed to you. I was not welcoming you back, and nor do I welcome any fresh summaries of ďyour pathĒ made out specifically for me. I was only expressing my relief that you are, contrary to apprehensions expressed earlier, alive and well.

Iím sorry, it seems churlish to take back what you took to be a welcome, and taking which at face value you responded to in good faith, and nor do I wish to seem at all rude, but I have no desire to give you any kind of encouragement in your potentially suicidal experiments. You are an adult, and are free to take such actions and risks as seem worthwhile to you personally, and what you do and what risks you take are probably not really my business ; but since you post about your diet here, and since I happen to be part of this forum, Iíd like to add to othersí voices to urge you in the strongest possible terms to abandon your dietary experiments, or at least to take and follow the advice of some properly qualified doctors in your area whom you trust. We're saying this only because we don't want you to come to harm.

In the last few days, since having thought about this at more length than I had earlier, this thread doesnít even seem all that funny to me now, and frankly I feel somewhat guilty at my past laughter at your potentially suicidal ways. Just stick to your World Languague, please, and your robot judges, and your star-shaped zeppelins, and whatever else of that nature that takes your fancy, so that we can laugh at all of that without feeling guilty.

I need not any privacy.
My name is Gregory Fogel.
I Live in Dimona - Israel.
I am absolutely open to all people in this thread.

Everybody will be treat
Everybody will be heal

- "Dr. Mengele"
And for all other people
I'm a very kind
"Dr. Unhurt".

The context of the post that you respond to there was this : we were wondering the practicability of contacting authorities in your city in an effort to dissuade you from what appears to us to be your suicidal ways. Are you saying you are okay with that? I still won't do that, for reasons I've discussed in a post here that you've read and responded to (but which I'm not linking, because it isn't really relevant), but if you're serious about this, then others, who might think differently from me, may well act differently. Are you sure you're fine with that? (Just FYI : to me, personally, like I said, what you reply to this won't make a difference.)
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:05 AM   #3739
halleyscomet
Philosopher

The context of the post that you respond to there was this : we were wondering the practicability of contacting authorities in your city in an effort to dissuade you from what appears to us to be your suicidal ways. Are you saying you are okay with that?
I think the person behind the fictional character of Nationalcosmopolitan may be trying to get us to contact or have the police do a wellness check on someone they want to annoy.

The odds of Nationalcosmopolitan actually being "Gregory Fogel" are, in my opinion, even less likely than his claims to be wandering around Israel under the name "Dr. Mengele" with a sign offering to starve people to death.
Old 18th July 2017, 01:27 AM   #3740
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
Yeah and which one tends to have the healthier longer lifespan? A wild wolf or a valued working dog? Back when hunter gatherer humans had to go long periods without eating very much their lifespans were much shorter. What you do not take into acount is damage over time. Go do a tour of one of the many countries today in which people are starving to death, and I dare you to tell them its ok they are just so lucky they can be free from eating.

Today is my 13438 days of my freedom from hunger diet, and I'm thankful for it.
Cuba is a vivid example.
Poor country, but the average life expectancy is the same as in the US.
You have to understand!
To use antibiotics today is a crime that will shorten the average life expectancy of future generations.
If rats are kept on a starvation diet - they live twice longer then rats on ordinry diet.
Old 18th July 2017, 01:34 AM   #3741
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
That's in excess of 35 Kg in 7 days, including several kg of grains. Was that dry weight, or after soaking? Even if so, these are not merely astounding, but impossible amounts to be consumed in seven days.

Are you sure you're not making mistakes in transcribing the units of weight, as has happened before? Are you mistaking units of 100g for kilograms, for example?
Just more attention please.
20 kg from those 35 kg is almost water.

Tomato juice 8 kg
Beetroot juice 1 kg
Carrot juice 1 rg
Melons, Watermelons, Peaches, Apples 10 kg
Old 18th July 2017, 01:41 AM   #3742
fagin
Illuminator

Cuba is a vivid example.
Poor country, but the average life expectancy is the same as in the US.
You have to understand!
To use antibiotics today is a crime that will shorten the average life expectancy of future generations.
If rats are kept on a starvation diet - they live twice longer then rats on ordinry diet.
Once again (surprise, surprise) you have no idea what you are talking about.

Cuba may have problems, but has had UHC for a long time, and health care, compared to most of the world, is not one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Cuba

"In 2000, Secretary General of the United Nations Kofi Annan stated that "Cuba should be the envy of many other nations" adding that achievements in social development are impressive given the size of its gross domestic product per capita. "Cuba demonstrates how much nations can do with the resources they have if they focus on the right priorities - health, education, and literacy.""
Old 18th July 2017, 01:48 AM   #3743
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

God lord no. I have a morbid fascination with your suicide cult in the same way I have a morbid fascination with Scientology, MRA's, Sovereign Citizens and Mormons. I enjoy learning about the psychology behind the people who adhere to such broken, twisted, unrealistic mythologies, but would never want to join up.

By the way, congratulations on your promotion. My condolences about your predecessor.
Before to drink a glass of wine we in our Holy Resurrected Israel use to say: "lehaim!" that means "For Life!".
What suicide intentions are in your mind, I am out of understanding.
But may be you have to go to your doctor.
Old 18th July 2017, 01:59 AM   #3744
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

More specifically the more useful the money and property that's been tuned over to the cult's portfolio managers will be after the cult members die of malnutrition related diseases.
The "cult's portfolio managers" will wait until the end of their lives when will die people who eat only 14% of the days in a year.
Old 18th July 2017, 02:11 AM   #3745
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

You can't understand the main idea of my great poem.
I am "Dr Mengele" only for myself because I make many days starvation experiments only on myself.
For other people I will be the kindest and the most resultative doctor in their life for becaouse I will treat and will heal them from many very dangerouse
illnesses including cancer.
Old 18th July 2017, 02:18 AM   #3746
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Poe's law being what it is no such rule exists, If it did we'd lose a number of familiar faces and what fun would this place be then?
You're right.
Since April 2014, I publish on my forums on the Internet my genius style of eating, and no one from thousands my readers has died yet.
Old 18th July 2017, 03:01 AM   #3747
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

NationalCosmpolitan, you totally misunderstand my post addressed to you. I was not welcoming you back, and nor do I welcome any fresh summaries of ďyour pathĒ made out specifically for me. I was only expressing my relief that you are, contrary to apprehensions expressed earlier, alive and well.

Iím sorry, it seems churlish to take back what you took to be a welcome, and taking which at face value you responded to in good faith, and nor do I wish to seem at all rude, but I have no desire to give you any kind of encouragement in your potentially suicidal experiments. You are an adult, and are free to take such actions and risks as seem worthwhile to you personally, and what you do and what risks you take are probably not really my business ; but since you post about your diet here, and since I happen to be part of this forum, Iíd like to add to othersí voices to urge you in the strongest possible terms to abandon your dietary experiments, or at least to take and follow the advice of some properly qualified doctors in your area whom you trust. We're saying this only because we don't want you to come to harm.

In the last few days, since having thought about this at more length than I had earlier, this thread doesnít even seem all that funny to me now, and frankly I feel somewhat guilty at my past laughter at your potentially suicidal ways. Just stick to your World Languague, please, and your robot judges, and your star-shaped zeppelins, and whatever else of that nature that takes your fancy, so that we can laugh at all of that without feeling guilty.
One doctor in the 17th century injected in his own arm a small amount of material from the plague of a person who died from smallpox.
This doctor looked like a suicider in the eyes of people with the same stereotypes of thinking as you have.
But as a result, there was born the vaccination against smallpox, which saved lives for millions of people.
People were afraid to inject themselves into the materials from plagues of people who died from smallpox exactly the same way as they are afraid to make many day medical starvations to be free from many dangerouse diseases.
The context of the post that you respond to there was this : we were wondering the practicability of contacting authorities in your city in an effort to dissuade you from what appears to us to be your suicidal ways. Are you saying you are okay with that? I still won't do that, for reasons I've discussed in a post here that you've read and responded to (but which I'm not linking, because it isn't really relevant), but if you're serious about this, then others, who might think differently from me, may well act differently. Are you sure you're fine with that? (Just FYI : to me, personally, like I said, what you reply to this won't make a difference.)
What are you talking about!?
The whole Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Beer - Sheva and my Dimona know me and my global projects well.
Old 18th July 2017, 03:08 AM   #3748
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

I think the person behind the fictional character of Nationalcosmopolitan may be trying to get us to contact or have the police do a wellness check on someone they want to annoy.

The odds of Nationalcosmopolitan actually being "Gregory Fogel" are, in my opinion, even less likely than his claims to be wandering around Israel under the name "Dr. Mengele" with a sign offering to starve people to death.
It is good that you really know who was Dr Mengele.
It is bad that still do not know who is Gregory Fogel - Nationalcosmopolitan - The Israelisator of Abrahamic - Buddhist Civilization.
Old 18th July 2017, 03:35 AM   #3749
fagin
Illuminator

You're right.
Since April 2014, I publish on my forums on the Internet my genius style of eating, and no one from thousands my readers has died yet.
Presumably because nobody is actually stupid enough to take your 'advice'.
Old 18th July 2017, 04:14 AM   #3750
halleyscomet
Philosopher

It is good that you really know who was Dr Mengele.

It is bad that still do not know who is Gregory Fogel - Nationalcosmopolitan - The Israelisator of Abrahamic - Buddhist Civilization.

Pssst. Your act is venturing into "Timecube guy" territory. Rein it in or the people who have not yet realized you're a troll running an act might catch on.
Old 18th July 2017, 06:35 AM   #3751
Chanakya

OK, halleyscomet, I’m afraid the name “Dr Mengele” had not been familiar to me, which is why when NationalCosmopolitan posted that reference to me, it meant nothing to me. When you pointedly referenced that name, I looked it up, and this, astonishingly, is what I find. And this.

Now my first reaction on seeing exactly who this infamous Dr Mengele actually was, was exactly what you’re saying, that here, finally, is sure proof that NationalCosmopolitan is simply trolling. Especially given the particular geography where the man operates (as you point out yourself). And when you identify a troll, my personal rule is, stop throwing them further troll-feed, irrespective of further provocation.

But you know what struck a discordant note? The fact that the man has invested such a prodigious amount of time and effort in posting here at this forum. Full 94 pages in this thread alone, and at least half of that huge amount of content has been created by NationalCosmopolitan himself. That’s a staggering amount of effort to put in! Trolls can sometimes devise elaborate tricks, I know, but not this elaborate, and not with this prodigious amount of time and effort invested, surely!

So I went back to the man’s post (the one I’d responded to), and see, this is what he actually says : “For myself I’m an uncompromising physician, a veritable Dr Mengele”, or words to that effect. He isn’t claiming that he’s going around by that name, nor that he’s self-identifying by that name. To me that statement seems analogous to a religious person declaring “In such and such scenario I can be just as merciless/uncompromising as the Devil himself”, or something like that. Such an announcement would not necessarily mean that this man isn’t really religious, it would probably be no more than a rhetorical device, perhaps a somewhat dramatic statement made in order to emphasize how very uncompromising he can be to himself.

Is NationalCosmopolitan trolling? Perhaps. I agree with you that he cannot possibly be following his diet exactly as he claims. My personal view, like I said earlier, is that he probably holds this diet as an ideal, pretends to others that he’s following it exactly, but himself cheats a great deal, even as he tries to live up to it as best he can. Perhaps like a smoker pretending to have given up his cancer sticks, he still sneaks in a few that he does not report in his abstinence chart. And that’s bad enough, in his case, and needs to be discouraged in the strongest possible terms! (Discouraged how? Perhaps by attempting to talk sense to him? Or by reporting him to authorities? Or by ridiculing him? Or by simply not offering him any further troll-feed to encourage him on this forum? I don’t know, take your pick.)

But no, I don’t think his “Dr Mengele” comment, taken in itself, sheds any light, one way or the other, on whether he’s trolling.
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 06:43 AM   #3752
Chanakya

One doctor in the 17th century injected in his own arm a small amount of material from the plague of a person who died from smallpox.
This doctor looked like a suicider in the eyes of people with the same stereotypes of thinking as you have.

But as a result, there was born the vaccination against smallpox, which saved lives for millions of people.
People were afraid to inject themselves into the materials from plagues of people who died from smallpox exactly the same way as they are afraid to make many day medical starvations to be free from many dangerouse diseases.

What are you talking about!?
The whole Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Beer - Sheva and my Dimona know me and my global projects well.

Have it your way, NationalCosmopolitan. One wishes you wouldn't, but it's your life after all that you're risking. And your time that you're wasting (in case all you're doing is trolling).
Old 18th July 2017, 02:18 PM   #3753
Arisia
Graduate Poster

Hey, here's a question to really fire up the thread... can NC ever regenerate into a woman?!?

Old 18th July 2017, 07:13 PM   #3754
fibbermcgee
Scholar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kmSV_j_ek

Here's Gregory in Russian talking about his diet.
fibbermcgee is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th July 2017, 03:22 AM   #3755
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Once again (surprise, surprise) you have no idea what you are talking about.

Cuba may have problems, but has had UHC for a long time, and health care, compared to most of the world, is not one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Cuba

"In 2000, Secretary General of the United Nations Kofi Annan stated that "Cuba should be the envy of many other nations" adding that achievements in social development are impressive given the size of its gross domestic product per capita. "Cuba demonstrates how much nations can do with the resources they have if they focus on the right priorities - health, education, and literacy.""
To believe that the social quality of life depends only on the GDP per capita, it is the same as to believe that the quality of sex depends only on the size of the penis.
Old 20th July 2017, 03:40 AM   #3756
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Presumably because nobody is actually stupid enough to take your 'advice'.
Everybody are actually stupid enough to be the food drug abusers, becaouse
salt, spices, sauces, odor enhancers, color enhancers, taste enhancers, tea, coffee - all the are just "food drugs".
My eating lifestyle make people free from "food-grugs' obusing" for sure.
Old 20th July 2017, 03:55 AM   #3757
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Pssst. Your act is venturing into "Timecube guy" territory. Rein it in or the people who have not yet realized you're a troll running an act might catch on.
The quantity of interesting senses in trolls' posts are zero.
Look on your own posts and it will be clear who is troller.
Old 20th July 2017, 04:07 AM   #3758
Border Reiver
Philosopher

The quantity of interesting senses in trolls' posts are zero.
Look on your own posts and it will be clear who is troller.
That would be the person who can write in coherent sentences and doesn't compulsively lie about starving himself and the "great benefits" it gives.
Old 20th July 2017, 04:11 AM   #3759
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

OK, halleyscomet, Iím afraid the name ďDr MengeleĒ had not been familiar to me, which is why when NationalCosmopolitan posted that reference to me, it meant nothing to me. When you pointedly referenced that name, I looked it up, and this, astonishingly, is what I find. And this.

Now my first reaction on seeing exactly who this infamous Dr Mengele actually was, was exactly what youíre saying, that here, finally, is sure proof that NationalCosmopolitan is simply trolling. Especially given the particular geography where the man operates (as you point out yourself). And when you identify a troll, my personal rule is, stop throwing them further troll-feed, irrespective of further provocation.

But you know what struck a discordant note? The fact that the man has invested such a prodigious amount of time and effort in posting here at this forum. Full 94 pages in this thread alone, and at least half of that huge amount of content has been created by NationalCosmopolitan himself. Thatís a staggering amount of effort to put in! Trolls can sometimes devise elaborate tricks, I know, but not this elaborate, and not with this prodigious amount of time and effort invested, surely!

So I went back to the manís post (the one Iíd responded to), and see, this is what he actually says : ďFor myself Iím an uncompromising physician, a veritable Dr MengeleĒ, or words to that effect. He isnít claiming that heís going around by that name, nor that heís self-identifying by that name. To me that statement seems analogous to a religious person declaring ďIn such and such scenario I can be just as merciless/uncompromising as the Devil himselfĒ, or something like that. Such an announcement would not necessarily mean that this man isnít really religious, it would probably be no more than a rhetorical device, perhaps a somewhat dramatic statement made in order to emphasize how very uncompromising he can be to himself.

Is NationalCosmopolitan trolling? Perhaps. I agree with you that he cannot possibly be following his diet exactly as he claims. My personal view, like I said earlier, is that he probably holds this diet as an ideal, pretends to others that heís following it exactly, but himself cheats a great deal, even as he tries to live up to it as best he can. Perhaps like a smoker pretending to have given up his cancer sticks, he still sneaks in a few that he does not report in his abstinence chart. And thatís bad enough, in his case, and needs to be discouraged in the strongest possible terms! (Discouraged how? Perhaps by attempting to talk sense to him? Or by reporting him to authorities? Or by ridiculing him? Or by simply not offering him any further troll-feed to encourage him on this forum? I donít know, take your pick.)

But no, I donít think his ďDr MengeleĒ comment, taken in itself, sheds any light, one way or the other, on whether heís trolling.
Thanks to me you have learned who was Doctor Mengele.
When you found out who was Dr. Mengele , you decided that I am a troll.

Listen speeches of any leader of any state and any member of any parliament in any country; and you will understand what is the real trolling.
Old 20th July 2017, 04:14 AM   #3760
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Listen speeches of any leader of any state and any member of any parliament in any country; and you will understand what is the real trolling.

That right there is the most sensible thing of yours I've ever read.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal