ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags james oberg , Kenneth Arnold , UFO sightings , ufos

Old 17th July 2017, 01:14 PM   #121
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Utterly brilliant.

All you need to do now is get the UFO to stay in between the two mirrors and four lenses and then get all observers to stand within 2 or 3 degrees of the centreline of the device lens/mirror array and HEY PRESTO! you have a . . . . uh, . . . . I dunno . . . . uh, nup, still can't think of anything.

Check this out.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/i...um-stealth.png

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to turn hotlinked picture into a link for rule 5

Actually, the UFOs in question continue to fly in our skies and are tracked every week by our deep space surveillance assets and multiple dissimilar ground-based radar systems. In one incident, a UFO was in clear view of residents of the LA area in 1942. The Army attempted to shoot down the saucer with 1420 rounds of anti-aircraft shells but failed. The saucer was first detected by radar as it approached the West Coast of California. The object then slowed down and took its time flying along the coast while being fired upon. The saucer continued to fly as if nothing happened. The saucer reversed course and headed in the opposite direction where it came under fire once again. Eventually, the saucer turned west and headed back over the sea. There were deaths associated with this incident.

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress....verson6001.jpg

http://www.trbimg.com/img-58ac6a2c/t...to/750/750x422

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress....version600.jpg

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesD/hdlnn.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger...0Over%20LA.jpg

https://www.historyanswers.co.uk/wp-...a_examiner.png

http://www.sott.net/image/image/1494/la_ufo_article.jpg

http://www.sott.net/image/image/1495..._article_2.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qtGd0Evym...en_Detalhe.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SrGzas0yu...en_Analise.png

CBS Reports Video of the UFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUjVsq3_6is

Last edited by Agatha; 18th July 2017 at 11:02 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 01:56 PM   #122
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Why would they even come here in the first place?

Why does mankind send spacecraft to other planets, the moon and into the far reaches of outer space?

Eventually, the sun will burn out in a few billion years, so let's say that mankind is still around. Knowing that the sun will cease to exist, what will mankind do? Build huge spacecraft and leave earth or simply stay and become extinct?

The sun is only a middle-aged star meaning there could be alien civilizations that are thousands or even millions of years more advanced than mankind who have faced the scenario I've just mentioned.

The Wright Brothers flew their heavier-than-air airplane in 1903 and in less than 70 years later, men were walking on the moon. Where will mankind be in one thousand years or even 1 million years from now technologically speaking? If in 3 thousand years from now that mankind determined that a black hole was heading toward earth, what would mankind do?

We know more about the surface of the moon than we know what's beneath our oceans.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 17th July 2017 at 01:59 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 02:23 PM   #123
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Or the reports were part of a Hollywood publicity stunt to promote the movie - which seems more likely to me.

If you see the movie, "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers," look for the name: Major Donald Keyhoe in the credits. It was Major Keyhoe who was about to reveal what the government knew about flying saucers on Live TV on January 22, 1958.
Old 17th July 2017, 02:57 PM   #124
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
If you see the movie, "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers," look for the name: Major Donald Keyhoe in the credits. It was Major Keyhoe who was about to reveal what the government knew about flying saucers on Live TV on January 22, 1958.
I don't care about any Major Donald Kehoe, and It's going to take a lot more than appeals to authority fallacies to convince me of any ET hypothesis for the origin of UFOs.
Old 17th July 2017, 03:51 PM   #125
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

I wanted to post something about this movie because not many people know that actual saucer events over Washington D.C. was the basis for this movie. Air Force jets was scrambled and one of the Air Force pilot's sent to intercept the saucers was himself surrounded and he called for help to ground controllers as radar operators watched the encounter between the UFOs and his F-94 unfolded on their radar scopes.

Earth vs. The Flying Saucers

The 1952 D.C. incident was made prominent in a classic expose book called "Flying Saucers From Outer Space" by Marine Corps retired Major. Donald Keyhoe, and this later formed the basis for the screenplay of "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers".

https://www.amazon.com/review/R24E39I4FXPJRQ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049169/

You're saying it's a documentary?
Old 17th July 2017, 04:05 PM   #126
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Check this out.
Can I make a request that you please not post such large and disruptive pictures (which may be hotlinked, which is against the rules)?

Please make your case in words.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:24 PM   #127
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Can I make a request that you please not post such large and disruptive pictures (which may be hotlinked, which is against the rules)?

Please make your case in words.

I can go for that and state with these few words; I know the UFOs are those of ET and you know the story behind my sighting. My assistant, when I was employed by Raytheon Aerospace, was involved in the Bentwaters UFO case.

Over the years, the US has been slowly releasing declassified UFO files from the National Archives in preparation for the big story and my prediction is that within our lifetime, ET reality will be revealed at the United Nations, not from the White House, but that is years down the line.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:26 PM   #128
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
You're saying it's a documentary?

No, not a documentary, but an inspiration for the movie.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:27 PM   #129
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I don't care about any Major Donald Kehoe, and It's going to take a lot more than appeals to authority fallacies to convince me of any ET hypothesis for the origin of UFOs.

Well, you should because he was the person who was going to reveal ET visitation reality on Live TV before he was cut off by CBS.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:55 PM   #130
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I know the UFOs are those of ET...
No you don't. You think you know, but that's not the same thing. You have excised all doubt from your mind and have interpreted what you have witnessed in that framework. Any evidence anyone else presents - like the undeniable fact that these phenomena can only be explained by incorporeal ghosts - you dismiss out of hand without even stopping to consider whether they might be right.
Old 17th July 2017, 07:35 PM   #131
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
No you don't. You think you know, but that's not the same thing.

I have been a pilot for 48 years to know what is ours, and what is not ours based on what I observed, the declassified documents I have on hand and radar data listed below, which firmly confirms the object is not that of mankind for which the following radar data applies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seconds after Heading Speed Altitude lock-on (degrees) (knots) (feet) 00 200 150 7000 01 200 150 7000 02 200 150 7000 03 200 150 7000 04 sharp 200 acceleration 150 6000 05 turn 270 = 22 g 560 6000 06 270 560 6000 07 270 570 6000 08 270 560 7000 09 270 550 7000 10 210 560 9000 11 210 570 10000 12 210 560 11000 13 210 570 10000 14 270 770 7000 15 270 770 6000 16 270 780 6000 17 270 790 5000 18 290 1010 4000 19 290 1000 3000 20 290 990 2000 21 290 990 1000 22 300 990 0000 22.5 300 980 0000 Break lock
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is physically impossible for any aircraft to perform the maneuvers as depicted in the above radar data and stay intact which simply means the craft was not anything devised by mankind.

In addition, I have known for many years that UFOs were being tracked in deep space by satellites, and ground-based deep space surveillance systems. The only reason why the public is not aware of such observations is because the information is classified. However, two cases have been made public, one of which I brought up in regards to the 1984 incident that was confirmed to me by Ron Regehr. That UFO was tracked heading straight for earth at 22,000 mph before it maneuvered near the DSP satellite before heading back into deep space and the only reason why anyone knew about that incident is because that incident was leaked.

Another case involving his DSP satellite was the 1976 Iranian UFO encounter that was also confirmed by a DSP satellite. Such tracking of UFOs in space are quite common yet classified, which is why the public never hear of these encounters. In other words, you can deny the existent of these extraterrestrial objects, but denial won't change the reality that the objects are not those of mankind.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 17th July 2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 17th July 2017, 10:10 PM   #132
EHocking
Philosopher

WOW!!!!

A 2012 photoshopped mock up of what the material might be able to do if it existed!!!!!
Apparently you can buy these at a discount when you also buy a certain bridge they also have happen to "have" for sale. . . .

<snip Battle of LA hyperbole that has already been discussed to death>
...quoting Bruce Maccabee as an authority...
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage

Last edited by EHocking; 17th July 2017 at 10:23 PM.
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 01:54 AM   #133
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I have been a pilot for 48 years ...
...and therefore you cannot possibly be in error. It is utterly mentally and physically impossible for you to be wrong about anything. You are the most infallible person on the planet.

Gotcha.
Old 18th July 2017, 03:00 AM   #134
Tolls
Illuminator

It was significant that the finding concluded the EMP came from outside the shielded cable, and what are UFOs known to generate? EMP. What was reported by Air Force security personnel at the time of the shutdown? A UFO hovering overhead.
I think you misunderstood.

Why would anyone suspect the EMP to come from within the shielded cable? That's nonsense.

An EMP is supposed to come from outside...that's the point of the shielding. Consequently, since the Minutemen were themselves inside
their silos (themselves shielded), this must have been a massive EMP...which leads me to:

We can take a look here.
Again, I think you misunderstood my question. Since the EMP must have been massive to have got through the protection and fried the circuits, someone somewhere must have detected it outside of the base itself. Indeed, as an EMP it must have toasted other electrics around there.

And yet the report you cite seems to not mention any of that.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 03:04 AM   #135
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Why are all your cases so old? Why nothing since the advent of high quality photography in everyone's hand? Why hasn't any government broke the veil of conspiracy silence? Why no great photos from amateur astronomy, plan spotters?
Old 18th July 2017, 04:53 AM   #136
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

There were deaths associated with this incident.
By what means did the aliens kill people?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 05:55 AM   #137
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
More on the super- convincing and really really real Iran UFO incident.
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4315
Old 18th July 2017, 04:15 PM   #138
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
By what means did the aliens kill people?

In self defense as was the case when Cuban lost one of its Mig-21's that attempted to fire on a UFO. You can read the report here:

The 1967 Cuban Jet Incident

http://www.nicap.org/reports/cuban1.htm

A number of pilots were lost to UFOs and another famous case was the lost of a F-89 that was sent to intercept a UFO. Take a look at these links and understand that aircraft have been lost trying to intercept UFOs. The lucky ones are those who've encountered UFOs and lived to tell about their chilling experiences.

F-89 Crew disappear without a trace while intercepting a UFO

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nclaMarker.JPG

The Kinross Incident: Did a UFO abduct an Air Force jet interceptor and its crew in 1953?

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/Cas...cle.asp?ID=615

Last edited by skyeagle409; 18th July 2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 18th July 2017, 04:26 PM   #139
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
More on the super- convincing and really really real Iran UFO incident.
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4315

As a pilot of 48 years, I find it peculiar that skeptics think that pilots were chasing stars and planets and dismissing the fact the UFOs the pilots encountered were tracked on airborne and ground-based radars, which common sense would rule out celestial bodies as responsible for those UFOs.

The US government didn't think the Iranian pilots were chasing stars or planets. Check out US government documents on the 1976 Iranian UFO encounter, which I might add, was tracked overhead by a U.S. DSP satellite and that the White House was notified of this incident.

Document 1

http://www.nicap.org/reports/iran22.htm

Document 2

http://www.nicap.org/reports/iran23.htm

Document 3

http://www.nicap.org/reports/iran24.htm

Last edited by skyeagle409; 18th July 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 18th July 2017, 04:34 PM   #140
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
I think you misunderstood.

Why would anyone suspect the EMP to come from within the shielded cable? That's nonsense.

Investigators were looking at all things internally to explain the shutdowns and none were found. It was eventually determined that EMP was responsible for the shutdowns and system evaluations ruled out anything to do with the missiles or the system. The only source of that EMP disruption came from an external source.

* What was reported overhead during the missile shutdowns? A UFO

* What are UFOs known to generate? EMP
Old 18th July 2017, 04:40 PM   #141
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Why are all your cases so old? Why nothing since the advent of high quality photography in everyone's hand? Why hasn't any government broke the veil of conspiracy silence? Why no great photos from amateur astronomy, plan spotters?

I like the older cases because the government was more open in those days. After the Robertson Report and the Brookings Institute warning to NASA, the government's UFO doors were closed. However, the US government has now begun to release its declassified UFO files from the National Archives and there are hundreds of government and military folks who want disclosure now.

UFO reports are still flowing in on a regular basis, but those reports are classified, but eventually, they will be released as well, but not anytime soon unless they are leaked as was the case in 1984 when a UFO maneuvered around one of our DSP satellites.
Old 18th July 2017, 07:47 PM   #142
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

In self defense as was the case when Cuban lost one of its Mig-21's that attempted to fire on a UFO. You can read the report here:

The 1967 Cuban Jet Incident
I asked by what means.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 08:08 PM   #143
smartcooky
Philosopher

You've almost answered your own question.

- It was easier to fake reports in those days. Everything was recorded on paper, eye witness accounts (and we know how unreliable eye-witnesses can be) would recount their experiences through third parties (Chinese whispers) with little fact checking.

- We didn't have the near instant communications and information exchange afforded to us by satellites, cellphones and the internet.

- we didn't have a high definition film camera in just about every purse, bumbag, handbag and pocket. Today, everyone has a camera on their phone, businesses have security cameras, cars have dash-cameras and Police have cameras. There are surveillance and traffic cams on poles, on street lights and on traffic lights. On top of that, there are satellites that constantly watch and take pictures of the earth. Where are all the videos and photos of Alien saucers with Grey Aliens inside?

A few years ago, a meteor exploded in an airburst over Chelabinsk, and it was caught on literally many hundreds of cameras throughout the region.

If there was anything to this UFO lark, then the number of videos of sightings should have climbed in proportion with the proliferation of mobile phone cameras out there among the public; there ought to be hundreds of thousands of Alien Spacecraft videos with multiple people shooting the same objects from different angles at the same time. The fact that there are not is telling... these alien spacecraft simply do not exist.

Of course, the likes of Mr Matthews and his ilk will simply dismiss this glaring absence with a wave of the hand.

Last edited by smartcooky; 18th July 2017 at 08:16 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 11:55 PM   #144
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
I asked by what means.

High technological means.
Old 18th July 2017, 11:57 PM   #145
skyeagle409
Master Poster

[quote=smartcooky;11925380]Where are all the videos and photos of Alien saucers with Grey Aliens inside?

CLASSIFIED!! That was evident when Senator Barry Goldwater requested a look in a special room at Wright-Patterson AFB, but was denied.

Quote:
A few years ago, a meteor exploded in an airburst over Chelabinsk, and it was caught on literally many hundreds of cameras throughout the region.

So were these objects over Texas.

UFOs over Texas

http://www.ufocasebook.com/lubbocklights3.jpg

Last edited by skyeagle409; Yesterday at 12:36 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM   #146
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Of course, the likes of Mr Matthews and his ilk will simply dismiss this glaring absence with a wave of the hand.

Let's just say that I have the knowledge and experience to know when to hold 'em, and when to throw 'em.

Quote:
They're out there — and the government knows

That's according to a group of about 20 former government workers, many of them military and security officials, who stepped forward on Wednesday to say they had witnessed evidence of aliens and unidentified flying objects and called for congressional hearings about such sightings.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=98572
Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM   #147
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

As a pilot of 48 years, I find it peculiar that skeptics think that pilots were chasing stars and planets and dismissing the fact the UFOs the pilots encountered were tracked on airborne and ground-based radars, which common sense would rule out celestial bodies as responsible for those UFOs.

The US government didn't think the Iranian pilots were chasing stars or planets. Check out US government documents on the 1976 Iranian UFO encounter, which I might add, was tracked overhead by a U.S. DSP satellite and that the White House was notified of this incident.

Document 1

http://www.nicap.org/reports/iran22.htm

Document 2

http://www.nicap.org/reports/iran23.htm

Document 3

http://www.nicap.org/reports/iran24.htm
We have a thread about the reliability of pilot testimony. Pilots are just as susceptible to error as anyone else, especially when it comes to the misidentification of celestial objects, which appears to be the cause of a great number of supposed UFO sightings.

The documents you linked to show the US government had heard of the supposed sighting. They add nothing to the evidence for the supposed existence of alien craft in our skies.
I would like to see a link for the UFOs being picked up by satellites.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM   #148
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Why nothing since the ISS was launched into orbit? You'd think they see loads, if the greys are zipping in and out of the atmosphere as frequently as we are being led to believe.
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #149
smartcooky
Philosopher

Let's just say that I have the knowledge and experience to know when to hold 'em, and when to throw 'em.
Translation: Ya got nothin'

Sounds to me like you're invoking Giorgio's Law... "Anything you can't explain must mean aliens did it"

Where are all the videos and photos of Alien saucers with Grey Aliens inside?
CLASSIFIED!! That was evident when Senator Barry Goldwater requested a look in a special room at Wright-Patterson AFB, but was denied.
Classified? Really? You honestly believe the claptrap you post.

How would the gubmint suppress/classify hundreds of thousands of cellphone videos posted on YouTube, Facebook, Daily Motion and other social media sharing sites?

And FFS, Barry Goldwater? His term in the Senate ended in 1987.... cellphones with cameras hadn't been invented yet!!!

We all know why you keep posting old, repeatedly debunked stuff... because you've got nothing mew, because there isn't anything new that isn't an obvious fake.

I still see UFO nuts trotting out the fantasies of that certifiable nutcase, George Adamski and purporting them to be truth. IIRC, Adamski's stocks fell rather sharply when NASA showed that Venus, far from being a tropical paradise he claimed, was in fact a burning slice of hell.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM   #150
Tolls
Illuminator

So were these objects over Texas.

UFOs over Texas

http://www.ufocasebook.com/lubbocklights3.jpg
In 1951!

Where are the equivalent dash cam and mobile phone ones from something within the past decade?
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM   #151
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Translation: Ya got nothin'

Sounds to me like you're invoking Giorgio's Law... "Anything you can't explain must mean aliens did it"
Classified means classified. However, you can review photos from this declassified report either online and under the FOIA.

HEADQUARTERS UNITED STATES AIR FORCE

DIRECTORATE OF INTELLIGENCE

WASHINGTON, D.C.

TOP SECRET AF cy 102

CONTROL

No 6637

Quote:
Classified? Really? You honestly believe the claptrap you post.

Having been involved in classified projects to understand what I am talking about, why not?!

Quote:
And FFS, Barry Goldwater? His term in the Senate ended in 1987....

And yet, he was made aware of a particular room at Wright-Patterson AFB.

Quote:
We all know why you keep posting old, repeatedly debunked stuff...

I love challenges, and my challenge to you is to prove me wrong with undeniable evidence.

Failing to meet my challenge, it will be evident that you cannot backup what you say and I will make the most of it. The ball is now on your side of the court and I am waiting for your evidence that proves I am incorrect.

Last edited by skyeagle409; Yesterday at 03:08 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:56 AM   #152
skyeagle409
Master Poster

We have a thread about the reliability of pilot testimony. Pilots are just as susceptible to error as anyone else, especially when it comes to the misidentification of celestial objects, which appears to be the cause of a great number of supposed UFO sightings.
Not in this case. The Iranian UFO incident was a radar/visual case that was also tracked by a DSP satellite, so that excludes stars, meteors, planets, etc as responsible for those UFOs. If you read the report, the pilot had to take evasive maneuvers in order to avoid the UFO that headed straight for him, whereas, the object returned to the larger object. It's all there in the report and I am a bit surprised that despite what is depicted in that report, you think that the pilots mistaken celestial objects for those UFOs.

Let's review what was in that report that somehow made it to the White House.

Quote:
Iranian UFO Report

C. The size of the radar return was comparable to that of a 707 tanker. The visual size of the object was difficult to discern because of its intense brilliance. The light that it gave off was that of flashing strobe lights arranged in a rectangular pattern and alternating blue, green, red, and orange in color.
It is clear that the lighting arrangements and radar return had nothing to do with celestial bodies or even aircraft.

Quote:
Iranian UFO Report

This second object headed straight toward the F-4 at a very fast rate of speed. The pilot attempted to fire an AIM-9 missile at the object but at that
instant his weapons control panel went off and he lost all communications (UHF and interphone).

At this point the pilot initiated a turn and negative G dive to get away. As he turned the object fell in trail at what appeared to be about 3-4 NM. As he continued in his turn away from the primary object the second object went to the inside of his turn then returned to the primary object for a perfect rejoin.
That definitely doesn't sound like a celestial body of any kind much less another aircraft.

Quote:
Iranian UFO Report

When the F-4 turned away from the object and apparently was no longer a threat to it, the aircraft regained all instrumentation and communications. At 0140 hrs a second F-4 was launched. The backseater acquired a radar lock on at 27 NM 12 o'clock high position with the VC (rate of closure) at 150 NMPH. As the range decreased to 25 NM the object moved away at a speed that was visible on the radar scope and stayed at 25 NM.

Definitely doesn't sound like a star, meteor, planet or even a comet the pilots encountered and the White House, the Department of Defense, or even our intelligence agencies wouldn't have been interested in pilots misidentifying Venus, Mars or a meteor as a UFO.

Last edited by skyeagle409; Yesterday at 03:05 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 AM   #153
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Why nothing since the ISS was launched into orbit? You'd think they see loads, if the greys are zipping in and out of the atmosphere as frequently as we are being led to believe.

Even the International Space Station has had encounters as well.
Old Yesterday, 03:32 AM   #154
Tolls
Illuminator

Even the International Space Station has had encounters as well.
Go on then.
Pick your best example that can't simply be explained as space junk or similar.
Old Yesterday, 03:55 AM   #155
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Investigators were looking at all things internally to explain the shutdowns and none were found. It was eventually determined that EMP was responsible for the shutdowns and system evaluations ruled out anything to do with the missiles or the system. The only source of that EMP disruption came from an external source.

* What was reported overhead during the missile shutdowns? A UFO

* What are UFOs known to generate? EMP

Can you provide anything to support this that doesn't involve begging the question?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:07 AM   #156
Tolls
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Can you provide anything to support this that doesn't involve begging the question?
I was going to ask, but didn't fancy the inevitable wall of text that didn't actually explain anything...
Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM   #157
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Not in this case. The Iranian UFO incident was a radar/visual case that was also tracked by a DSP satellite, so that excludes stars, meteors, planets, etc as responsible for those UFOs. If you read the report....
And if you had read my link, you would have seen that the plane's radar was known to be faulty.
Any luck with a link to that satellite tracking yet?
Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM   #158
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I like the older cases because the government was more open in those days. After the Robertson Report and the Brookings Institute warning to NASA, the government's UFO doors were closed. However, the US government has now begun to release its declassified UFO files from the National Archives and there are hundreds of government and military folks who want disclosure now.

UFO reports are still flowing in on a regular basis, but those reports are classified, but eventually, they will be released as well, but not anytime soon unless they are leaked as was the case in 1984 when a UFO maneuvered around one of our DSP satellites.
You have avoided actually answering my questions. Where are all the modern say less than 10 year old photos and videos?
Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM   #159
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

High technological means.
Thank you for your admission that you just made it up.
Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM   #160
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Von Däniken's law: Everything you don't understand is evidence of UFOs. If you understand almost nothing, you see evidence of UFOs everywhere.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal