ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , jeffrey meldrum

Old 8th October 2010, 09:22 AM   #321
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by RayG View Post
Is that supposed to be a representation of Patty he's standing in front of? If so, how come she's so freaking tall?

I think that that illustration of Patty was done by JREF member wolftrax. It looks similar to others that he has done. Here is his rendition of frame 61 from Chris Murphy's Bigfoot Film Journal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frame 61 wolftrax Murphy.jpg (15.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 8th October 2010, 12:09 PM   #322
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
A big issue? LOL! The Bengal spelled his name wrong and it still hasn't been corrected after 2 days in print.

You've got Meldrum saying Bigfoots are out there and you've got a university magazine writer/editor who spells his first name "Jeffery". There must be something in the water at ISU.
WARNING: Anecdotal evidence follows!
Just like Meldrum, I teach and research at an university. Well, I've seen a number of editorial SNAFUs at universities' magazines.

What I tried to say is that I don't think editorial SNAFUs and "dumbing down" may have had a great role in building the... uhm... Flaws in Meldrum's... erm... Speculations.

They are silly since the beggining, its silly since the source.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 12:19 PM   #323
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think that that illustration of Patty was done by JREF member wolftrax. It looks similar to others that he has done. Here is his rendition of frame 61 from Chris Murphy's Bigfoot Film Journal.
I'd like to see that high res version of the PGF...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 12:46 PM   #324
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
OK, that was as silly as many other bigfootery excuses.

If Meldrum's speculation is correct, then humans must be dumber than bigfoots, since neither finding human corpses and tracking and killing humans can actually be considered unusual events. Bigfoots must have been hiding their corpses and avoiding being killed by humans with 100% success rate for millenia. So, here we have a species of über-intelligent über-stealthy boss-of-the-woods. It's an RPG-type of concept; its not science.
It exists. Time traveling, super-intelligent Sasquatches. Though their "true name" is Ga'hagadrrg.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 04:22 PM   #325
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Here he is displaying a Wallace fake. I wonder what he is saying about it?

Old 8th October 2010, 06:53 PM   #326
Drewbot
Philosopher

Here he is displaying a Wallace fake. I wonder what he is saying about it?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/e1b97898.jpg
It am real.
Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 12:12 PM   #327
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

He's possibly been given over $100K in grants and donations to find and study Bigfoot. No results.

I understated this. In fact, we have evidence that he is at around $200K given to him.
Old 11th October 2010, 02:09 AM   #328
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

I understated this. In fact, we have evidence that he is at around $200K given to him.
While I'd not consider $200k to be a whole lot o' money, especially for 'scientific research', it seems enough that he'd have at least faked something Bigfooty by now just to keep that gravy train a-rollin. Apparently they're giving him the money anyway despite the retardation? I guess it shouldn't be all that surprising, there's inevitably a 'dimwit scientist' or two in the mix of every one of the more than 420 [ludicrous_obsessions].
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 08:59 AM   #329
The Shrike
Illuminator

No, $200k is not that much money these days, especially considering that I think he's amassed that much in total of multiple smaller amounts. Still, he's ostensibly produced nothing from that money. Forget peer-reviewed publications, has he had any graduate students working on bigfoot, for example?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 10:07 AM   #330
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
...it seems enough that he'd have at least faked something Bigfooty by now just to keep that gravy train a-rollin. Apparently they're giving him the money anyway despite the retardation?

I have researched the grants, funding and donations to Meldrum. It appears that much of this is because of a number of "sugar daddies" who apparently believe in Bigfoot. We have seen this same thing elsewhere in Bigfootery. Wealthy dudes who believe in Bigfoot and open their wallets and let the cash pour out... Tom Slick, Peter Byrne, Wally Hersom, Adrian Erickson, etc.

For Meldrum, there seems to be funding sources linked to individuals. Often his own university is matching the funding of these people:

Richard Stepp (aka Dr. Richard Stepp) who is directly linked to Fidelity Investments and Richard Stepp Charitable Account.

Thomas & Susan Stepp.

Jack Mayfield who is directly linked to Mayfield Foundation.

Adrian Erickson who is directly linked to Regal Ridge.

ISU Headlines

The North American Ape Project is a grant-funded multi-year sasquatch research project directed by professor Jeff Meldrum of Idaho State University.

Quote:
$130,000 to Dr. Jeff Meldrum, from the Mayfield Foundation in support of Meldrum's project titled "North American Ape Project (NAAP): 2008." The North American Ape Project (NAAP) seeks to detect and collect evidence through support from the Mayfield Foundation. This will be undertaken primarily by means of hair snags monitored by camera traps. In addition, fieldworkers will record vocalizations, document tracks and sample associated scat. Habitats will be analyzed for availability and distribution of food resources.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:33 AM   #331
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

We went over those grants before once or twice. IIRC, we got to over a 1/4 million.

LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2010, 12:16 AM   #332
xblade
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
We went over those grants before once or twice. IIRC, we got to over a 1/4 million.
Just think how far that money could have gone towards finding the Snelgrove Lake bigfoot. He could have rented the cabin for a year with that money, and paid someone to live there. At the least, he could have set up a few trail cams there on and around the cabin, and paid the owner to keep an eye on them every now and then.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2010, 06:43 AM   #333
Wakeup
Scholar

Originally Posted by xblade View Post
Just think how far that money could have gone towards finding the Snelgrove Lake bigfoot. He could have rented the cabin for a year with that money, and paid someone to live there. At the least, he could have set up a few trail cams there on and around the cabin, and paid the owner to keep an eye on them every now and then.

Wouldn't that be a waist of money also sinse Bigfoot deosn't exist??

The best way to approach this myth is very simple using the old time tested method. Post "Wanted" (Dead or Alive) posters all over the Pacific North West with Bigfoots picture on it and $100,000 reward. Everyone with a gun and camping gear will be Blasting anything hairy. Then if that doesnt work post Meldrum pictures Wanted for Fraud...lol
Wakeup is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2010, 03:01 PM   #334
Sonny2
Muse

Seems like, since his search here in N. America has been fruitless (unless you count the people on the expeditions), Meldrum is now using exotic China to drum up biz. I say exotic because how many know China's topography, etc. and can cast aspersions on his claims? By going to unknown (to most of us) locales, a whole new world of claims is opened up, and who has the time and money to disprove them?

Keep the churn going, it's good for more grants. Meldrum is really making a laughingstock of any reputation Idaho State may have for doing science. No wonder his colleagues want him gone.

Last edited by Sonny2; 17th October 2010 at 03:03 PM.
Sonny2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2010, 03:12 PM   #335
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sonny2 View Post
Meldrum is really making a laughingstock of any reputation Idaho State may have for doing science. No wonder his colleagues want him gone.
Well his followers like to echo that claim, and I don't doubt that most on campus see him as a kook, but I think it's important to demonstrate that his career hasn't really suffered from his bigfoot studies. Many like to cast him as a truth-seeking martyr, but as far as I can tell, he's enjoying a comfortable academic career. I'm not even sure if he was denied promotion to full professor but, even if he was, that's not all that unusual. Lots of folks get passed over, especially on their first attempt.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2010, 01:45 PM   #336
xblade
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
Wouldn't that be a waist of money also sinse Bigfoot deosn't exist??
Yes, it would be. The way they do things pretty much proves they have no interest in finding bigfoot, and most likely don't even believe in the creature they claim to be searching for. If they did, they wouldn't leave an area immediately after an alleged bigfoot encounter to go search somewhere else instead.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 10:49 AM   #337
DennyT
Master Poster

The latest Meldrum puffery, from a Wyoming newspaper; highlights:

Quote:
Freeman said he had just found fresh tracks, too. Would Meldrum like to see them?

“The coincidence of it was disconcerting at first,” Meldrum said. Did Freeman somehow find out they were coming?

But Meldrum was astounded by what he saw. The tracks were fresh and clear. They were either the real deal or a clear hoax, he thought.

Meldrum and his brother got supplies to make casts. They remain some of the strongest prints in Meldrum’s collection of 200 casts and some of the most compelling evidence, Meldrum said. What he had captured was skin ridge detail. Just as we all have individually unique fingerprints, we have distinct footprints.

“There are a few other mammals that have texture to their pads, but typically that’s a primate characteristic,” Meldrum said.

What he captured was a real print, he believes.
Meldrum's sasquatch:
Quote:
Based on field research, Meldrum’s footprint expertise and Mionczynski’s studies of animal habitat and behavior, they’ve developed hypotheses about the North American ape:

* Meldrum and Mionczynski hypothesize the population size in North America to be 500 to 1,000 individuals. They guess that an individual male has a 1,000-square-mile home range, which overlaps with several females and their young, who have smaller home ranges. The researchers have observed a repeated appearance of the same footprints in the same home area.

* Males are estimated at 8 to 9 feet tall in stature, when standing upright on two feet. Females would be about 7 feet tall, adolescents 4 to 6 feet tall. Weight is estimated at 700 to 1,000 pounds, based on a model for grizzly bears. Mionczynski hypothesizes that the creature travels on both two legs and all fours. Meldrum has made casts of 16-inch footprints.

* The North American ape is likely an omnivore, eating fish, meat and plants. Sightings increase around elk season, which suggests to Mionczynski that the animal is particularly drawn to elk meat left behind by hunters. Mionczynski also believes it is a hibernating creature.

* No evidence suggests the use of tools or structured living space. They have language and are reclusive and highly intelligent. Mionczynski said the researchers have found evidence of sasquatches covering their tracks, literally brushing over their footprints with pine bows so as to stay hidden.

Perhaps the most interesting research lies in the food. Mionczynski identified a plant he believes attracts the animal. The berry-producing shrub is not common in Wyoming and is unique in the fact that it occurs after the first hard freeze of the year, in September. (He said he would not identify the plant for fear people would start looking for it.)

Meldrum found a distribution map for the plant. They overlaid it with a map of credible sightings from September and the following months.

“We found a correlation,” Mionczynski said.

Last edited by DennyT; 28th October 2010 at 10:57 AM.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 11:12 AM   #338
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by parnassus View Post
The latest [url="http://trib.com/lifestyles/home-and-garden/article_77709fa0-ddeb-554c-a72b-db6ceec6c982.html"]Meldrum puffery...

We already have a new thread on this article.
Old 4th November 2010, 08:54 AM   #339
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Review of a recent Meldrum lecture at Niagra Community College. Some highlights...

Quote:
Meldrum then clearly explained that his personal working hypothesis for Bigfoot is that it is "a large ape; a distant cousin of the chimps and gorillas, which also bears a superficial resemblance to us [humans]." Emphasis on superficial.

He then went over the evidence presented by the tracks in his collection (which number in the 100s)--they look very variable, but he explained that human footprints, left in mud, sand and dirt by people of various ages, sizes and shapes also show the same amount of variation.

He used the (remastered) PG film to show that Patty walked in exactly the same way an animal might who had feet that matched his model--his model in fact predicts the characteristic flat-footy walk we see with Patty.

Meldrum explained that his name for Bigfoots (Anthropoidipes ameriborealis) has actually been sanctioned by the Ichnotaxonomic (that's really the word he used) body that peer-reviews names that are based solely on footprint evidence---so that's it, Bigfoot is officially Anthropoidepes ameriborealis.

There was a further discussion of footprints found around the world, with Meldrum coming to the conclusion that whatever kind of animal leaves footprints in the US/Canada has also been leaving them in China (the Yeren)--they are identical, especially so when compared in 3-D on his relatively new computer gizmo that scans casts and digitalizes them.

He then segued into some information about the Search and Rescue dogs that are being trained to recognize Sasquatch scat--using a sample that they at first were not 100% sure was the real deal, but now are fairly comfortable with. The dogs initially reacted with abject fear--ears down, tail down, belly-to-the-ground, the works--as though confronted with a predator.
Nevertheless, they hope that at least one dog will be ready by next summer. . . and yes, they are trained to utterly ignore scat from other animals. (Can't he get DNA from that scat? WP)

Also, there will be a 2-hour special from the History Channel and Discovery Canada Channel is in the works featuring not only Meldrum, but also Bill Sellers (Manchester U.), who is a specialist in locomotion; Ian Redmond, who studied under Dian Fossey and is a great ape conservationish, as well as the U. N. Envoy to the Great Apes, and Anna Nicaris, a primatologist who specializes in SE Asia and who has a particular interest in the Orang Pendek and the Yeren.

Meldrum specifically discussed Josh Gates's track from Nepal---saying that it suggests a Yeti may be more like a classic Bigfoot than other tracks have indicated. Or...that there may be 2 species leaving tracks!

(Here is Josh Gates with his Nepal track cast. Meldrum is an extremely gullible man. WP)

Some of the Almasty tracks (and, indeed descriptions of them given by Russians) seem more human-like than your typical Sasquatch track--they are often described as tool-users, as having distinct head-hair, and are referred to in general by the local human population as a sort of backwards, hillbilly-esque people. Not a Bigfoot. But...that other tracks from the former USSR are identical to those of the Sasquatch---implying that there may be 2 unknowns in the vast Eurasian area that goes from Siberia to Georgia.

He said that he thinks a female BF might have--tops--4 to 6 babies over her entire life, and that they would be born very far apart. In addition he felt that it is possible for a Sasquatch to live as long as 50 years (making a Sasquatch death a rarity--yet another reason NOT to find bones). In the end he said he thought that there might be 500 individuals in the western Canada/US (PNW).

More (DNA) evidence is pending from the lab in Texas. They've let leak that the preliminary studies show an animal somewhere between a Neanderthal and a Human--and Dr. Meldrum said that this is just a lot more human-like than he would have expected, seeing as Neanderthals had material culture (tools and stuff that they made, used, owned) and were fully human...but that he would wait to see the data. (He is talking about Ketchum/Paulides. WP)

Old 4th November 2010, 09:10 AM   #340
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Waterloo...

Old 4th November 2010, 11:22 AM   #341
Drewbot
Philosopher

He also throws every Bigfoot hunter under the bus, that DOES NOT work out of the PNW or BC.

Quote:
In the end he said he thought that there might be 500 individuals in the western Canada/US (PNW).
Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2010, 11:36 AM   #342
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
He also throws every Bigfoot hunter under the bus, that DOES NOT work out of the PNW or BC.
I think I will disagree with that based on specificity and the lack of direct statements by Meldrum.

Quote:
Meldrum and Mionczynski's research, often under the title of the North American Ape Project, has taken them from Canada down to Texas, including the Pacific Northwest, northern California and even Wyoming. Meldrum has also travelled to China, where he compared casts there to those taken in North America.
Meldrum (and Mionczynski) is being paid to look for Bigfoot. He has looked for Bigfoot in Texas and other places outside of the PNW. He wouldn't do that if he didn't think BF could be found there... and if he has decided that... he hasn't announced it at all.

He says probably 500 BF live in the PNW. But look here...

Quote:
Meldrum and Mionczynski hypothesize the population size in North America to be 500 to 1,000 individuals.
Where are the other 500? Outside of the PNW. Nobody under the bus.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:58 AM   #343
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
Meldrum specifically discussed Josh Gates's track from Nepal---saying that it suggests a Yeti may be more like a classic Bigfoot than other tracks have indicated. Or...that there may be 2 species leaving tracks!
Here is a short YouTube video showing Josh Gates and that ridiculous Nepal Yeti track casting. There is a supposed heel cast shown too.

"Preliminary analysis later suggested that the footprints were anatomically legitimate and did not belong to a known primate."
Old 4th November 2010, 12:28 PM   #344
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

500 in the PNW...must be special folks that see them.

Old 4th November 2010, 01:21 PM   #345
GT/CS
Illuminator

That cast looks like it came from a giant duck print.
Old 4th November 2010, 02:56 PM   #346
The Shrike
Illuminator

I've always been puzzled as to why someone would hoax a print that looked so silly. This makes me suspicious that there's some other source to prints like these, e.g, oversteps of other species, odd indentations in the substrate that aren't footprints at all . . . But then those explanations are dissatisfactory and I'm back to square one with wondering why someone would make such ridiculous prints. Is there something in yeti folklore that describes their toes as splayed out like a duck or something and the hoaxers are trying to play into that?
Old 4th November 2010, 03:44 PM   #347
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Is there something in yeti folklore that describes their toes as splayed out like a duck or something and the hoaxers are trying to play into that?

Meldrum says that there may be two species of Yeti leaving tracks...

Old 3rd January 2011, 11:04 AM   #348
DennyT
Master Poster

I wonder where Meldrum ever got the idea that feet that act like flippers would provide some advantage in a mountainous environment? Flippers are useful in aquatic environments, and very clumsy otherwise. Meldrum himself noted in one television program that the subject of the PGF was "having trouble clearing" the ground in the swing phase with those big things. Just imagine trying to go up or down hill or through underbrush with flippers on. Evolution tells us that small hooved feet are the best adaptation to a mountainous environment, doesn't it?

Last edited by DennyT; 3rd January 2011 at 11:05 AM.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:53 AM   #349
The Shrike
Illuminator

Yes and no. Hooves work well, especially those that combine a hard edge with some spongy tissue, but the big padded feet of things like snow leopards and pandas also work well. Mountain gorillas spend a lot of time on steep slopes, and with feet little different than those of their lowland cousins.

So where Meldrum makes the big mistake (one of many) is in trying to describe presumed bigfoot foot anatomy as somehow "adapted" to walking over rough terrain. Unless bigfoots eked out their lives on talus slopes like giant chamois or mountain goats, I'd see little selective pressure for a big departure from the generalist foot design of their likely ancestors.
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:43 PM   #350
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

And where exactly does he propose all that "adapted" anatomy is showing up? Casts? Prints? Cast of prints? Prints of casts? Albuquerque? The "looks like somebody made a wood cut-out of some big feet" prints? Which is literally 99% of them. Maybe 'special units' only he has had access to? In any case, his perversion of the premise of 'adapted anatomy' is a truly feeble attempt at an 'intellectual cover' for his scientific mediocrity. It also gives us a good hint at just how far up his *** his head really is.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2011, 02:08 PM   #351
The Shrike
Illuminator

Doesn't he propose the "mid-tarsal break" as an adaptation for something big and bipedal to move efficiently up slopes?
Old 4th January 2011, 02:15 PM   #352
Drewbot
Philosopher

He says something like It May be an adaptation for an animal that lives in rocky, mountainy, forested regions, and not the grasslands of Africa or something like that.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:58 PM   #353
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

The review at Niagra Community College incorrectly stated this:

Quote:
Meldrum explained that his name for Bigfoots (Anthropoidipes ameriborealis) has actually been sanctioned by the Ichnotaxonomic (that's really the word he used) body that peer-reviews names that are based solely on footprint evidence---so that's it, Bigfoot is officially Anthropoidepes ameriborealis.

Hard to say how Meldrum worded it, but his paper is very clear that this is the name of the prints and not of the creature. It means "North American Ape Foot".

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-conten...th_america.pdf
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2011, 05:59 AM   #354
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Doesn't he propose the "mid-tarsal break" as an adaptation for something big and bipedal to move efficiently up slopes?
"Rough terrain" IIRC. Rocks, boulders, logs. Some of the problems with such a conception are:

1. If one accepts footer lore, bigfeet are not restricted to mountainous PNW areas, they are widespread in North America and walk a lot. If footer lore is to be trusted it should be a generalist, highly-mobile critter and such an adaptation probably is not very desirable.

2. A MTB would be an extra wear point for an animal which walks long distances, rendering it more prone to injuries and diseases.

3. A MTB is an extra articulation, rendering energy transmition between leg and foot muscles to the ground less effective; thus its not a desirable trait in animals which cover long distances.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2011, 09:21 PM   #355
DennyT
Master Poster

Meldrum will speaking and signing books at Indiana University Southeast Jan 27. I won't be attending.
Old 27th January 2011, 08:51 AM   #356
demonunderyourbed

Review of a recent Meldrum lecture at Niagra Community College. Some highlights...
lol monsterquest " oooh we spotted something on the flir shall we follow it .er no lest go back to base camp.." nearly every episode as soon as they get close to anything the go back to camp. i find this programme as real as most haunted in the uk..
demonunderyourbed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2011, 12:15 PM   #357
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Ladies and Gentlemen... please welcome... straight from the turnip truck... Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum.
Old 27th January 2011, 12:31 PM   #358
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks so much, Andy! What a great thread!

Old 27th January 2011, 12:59 PM   #359
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

From the link:
Quote:
.........and that finding fossils of red pandas in WA state certainly showed that such a crossing was possible.
Not to mention it shows that finding fossils, is also possible..

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2011, 11:19 AM   #360
DennyT
Master Poster

Dr J will be speaking at the Sun Valley (Idaho) Center for the Arts Feb 10. I will not be attending.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal