ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 8th September 2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Nogard
Scholar

Bigfoot to Be Proven Real Soon

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
Nogard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nogard View Post
I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
so, what you're saying is "Still no evidence for Bigfoot".

If and when some actual evidence is presented, it will be evaluated.
Old 8th September 2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

I would love it!

Then we could begin to study the animal in earnest, and determine exactly why and on what physiological basis this animal never sheds skin, hair, waste, nor leaves remains of any kind, nor can it be photographed in anything approaching the grainy clarity of the vaguest, most poorly-lit trail camera.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:24 PM   #4
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

How the heck could I write off an actual bigfoot as a hoax?

Dyer will produce no such thing, of course.

The better question is about how gullible Dyer's marks are...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:26 PM   #5
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Rick Dyer, the Georgia Bigfoot body hoaxer. There is absolutely no chance Rick Dyer has anything. He is a liar and a hoaxer, both of which have already been proven as fact. His 5 minutes of fame is over. End of story.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:35 PM   #6
Iamme
Philosopher

I must have missed hearing all about this on the 10 o`clock news. Was it ever on about this? Why absolutely!.....if a Bigfoot is for real, being as elusive as they have been for centuries...then this would open up the possibility of existance of its `cousin` ...the abominable snowman, the Loch Ness monster, ufo space aliens, tooth fairies(lol), etc.
Old 8th September 2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Rick Dyer, the Georgia Bigfoot body hoaxer. There is absolutely no chance Rick Dyer has anything. He is a liar and a hoaxer, both of which have already been proven as fact. His 5 minutes of fame is over. End of story.
I can't wait until you're proven wrong lol. I believe him because there's just no way that he could get 4 different people to lie for him about seeing the body and they all sound sincere. Craig Philips was genuinely emotional when he described seeing it. I can't imagine what reward or fake body Rick could've come up with to take them in.
Nogard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:40 PM   #8
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

But you believe a bunch of people kept their mouths shut for a year about an actual bigfoot in their posession?

LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:41 PM   #9
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I can't wait until you're proven wrong lol. I believe him because there's just no way that he could get 4 different people to lie for him about seeing the body and they all sound sincere. Craig Philips was genuinely emotional when he described seeing it. I can't imagine what reward or fake body Rick could've come up with to take them in.
You didn't see the first act? It had all of that. I'm sure Rick can do it again.

Old 8th September 2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014.
Why ? If he shot and killed it he can show it now. Why the wait ?

Quote:
I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when
Don't You mean If ?

Quote:
the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.
Last time I heard that one was for Steorn. No. Wait. Last time I heard that one was for Rossi's cold fusion.

"when i am right you'll regret it !". Sound childish. Most of us won#t care about belief or not, as most of us skeptic would be incredibly interrested into a new hominid find. But fat chance of that.

ETA: to be very clear. Bigfoot hoax, bigfoot believer discussion = nice pass time but nothing more. New hominid = incredibly exciting. If you think all of us aprticipating in the BF thread would be continuying in them, while the rest of the forum get s to play and speculate in the "new hominind found" thread, you are deluded.

Yawn.

Quote:
When i heard that one ? Was it for the other "body" bigfoot hoax?

Yawn.

Last edited by Aepervius; 8th September 2013 at 09:45 PM.
Aepervius is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:43 PM   #11
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Really? I bet I could find four out-of-work actors who'd take the part for less than the amount it would take to fly to Europe.
Old 8th September 2013, 09:43 PM   #12
Aepervius

there's just no way that he could get 4 different people to lie for him about seeing the body and they all sound sincere.
Getting 4 people to lie for you for the LOLZ is easy. Plus it could simply be that the guy you cited was fooled by a cheap hoax.
Aepervius is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
But you believe a bunch of people kept their mouths shut for a year about an actual bigfoot in their posession?
Sure, scientists tend to be honorable people imo. Not to mention they would probably face some sort of consequence for yapping about it. Even if it did get out, the person told may just laugh it off or not care about bigfoot enough to tell anyone else.
Old 8th September 2013, 09:55 PM   #14
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Sure, scientists tend to be honorable people imo. Not to mention they would probably face some sort of consequence for yapping about it. Even if it did get out, the person told may just laugh it off or not care about bigfoot enough to tell anyone else.
What scientist or blogger or journalist could laugh off an actual big stinky giant hairy bipedal primate body with it's head blown open from a rifle round?

Old 8th September 2013, 09:59 PM   #15
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JxSq3Rq2k8

And this is clearly a mask.

http://bigfootresearch.blogspot.com/...82859027483023

Disinfo, I'm sure. At least Dyer will have to make changes to his iceman...

Old 8th September 2013, 10:08 PM   #16
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
Getting 4 people to lie for you for the LOLZ is easy. Plus it could simply be that the guy you cited was fooled by a cheap hoax.
They did not just lie for him one time, though. They continually hang out with him in google hangouts. I can't accept the fact that they would associate themselves with a man who's hated by the bigfoot community just for the "lolz." Before this hoax most of them were interested in bigfoot before and knew about Rick Dyer's hoax in 2008. I know because I saw their past youtube comments.

@LTC: lol that looks nothing like it.

Anyway, yeah I realize now that this was a pointless thread to make so sorry for that. I guess I'm just a little too excited about the whole thing.

Last edited by Nogard; 8th September 2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 8th September 2013, 10:18 PM   #17
ynot
Philosopher

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth

I believe that you are either a gullible and deluded Bigfoot believer or are somehow part of a ludicrous bigfoot scam for profit. “Roll up, roll up. See the real Bigfoot. Only $50 per ticket in the big tent.”

and that the claimed bigfoot he claims to have shot and killed

FTFY

will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014.

“Released”? “Revealed” surely. You don’t release dead things. Not holding my breath for the big reveal.
I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax.

I think most sceptics would fully embrace credible and verifiable evidence of leprechauns and fairies if it was ever openly and honesty provided. Is this “confirmation” going to be provided by actual scientists, or merely by Bigfoot claimers/believers in scientists clothing?

What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real?

What has it taken for you to realise believe this is actually real?

There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Sure . . . so provide the evidence . . .

Methinks you are going to end up with Bigfoot poo on your face. Of course you will wipe it away with pathetic excuses. Perhaps you will claim space aliens abducted this dead Bigfoot before the promised big reveal could be made.

Have you ever considered stamp collecting? At least stamps exist.

Last edited by ynot; 8th September 2013 at 10:31 PM.
ynot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 10:27 PM   #18
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

They did not just lie for him one time, though. They continually hang out with in google hangouts. I can't accept the fact that they would associate themselves with a man who's hated by the bigfoot community just for the "lolz." Before this hoax most of them were interested in bigfoot before and knew about Rick Dyer's hoax in 2008. I know because I saw their past youtube comments.

@LTC: lol that looks nothing like it.

Anyway, yeah I realize now that this was a pointless thread to make so sorry for that. I guess I'm just a little too excited about the whole thing.
Which one looks nothing like it, and how do you know? I thought you were just a believer and not an insider?

If you know what Dyer's bigfoot looks like then you must be part of the hoax.

Old 8th September 2013, 11:04 PM   #19
River
Illuminator

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax.

(snipped for brevity)

Rick Dyer is a known hoaxer, and is just out for another money/spotlight grab. It is funny though that any bigfooter would buy into it. (not that I believe you do, just here to advertise this obvious hoax that has already worn itself out before it began lmfao)

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2013, 11:07 PM   #20
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by ynot View Post
I believe that you are either a gullible and deluded Bigfoot believer or are somehow part of a ludicrous bigfoot scam for profit. “Roll up, roll up. See the real Bigfoot. Only $50 per ticket in the big tent.”

FTFY

“Released”? “Revealed” surely. You don’t release dead things. Not holding my breath for the big reveal.

I think most sceptics would fully embrace credible and verifiable evidence of leprechauns and fairies if it was ever openly and honesty provided. Is this “confirmation” going to be provided by actual scientists, or merely by Bigfoot claimers/believers in scientists clothing?

What has it taken for you to realise believe this is actually real?

Sure . . . so provide the evidence . . .

Methinks you are going to end up with Bigfoot poo on your face. Of course you will wipe it away with pathetic excuses. Perhaps you will claim space aliens abducted this dead Bigfoot before the promised big reveal could be made.

Have you ever considered stamp collecting? At least stamps exist.
Yes, the confirmation will be by scientists. I believe it's real because of the testimony of Musky Allen, Frank Cali, car wrap guy and Craig Philips. Plus, Dyer swore on his kids' lives that it was real. Oh yeah btw, a scientist who has been studying the body will be making a statement about it soon, so look out for that. A movie showing the bigfoot corpse will be released sometime in early November, which may or may not be after the body is unveiled. As of now, though, I cannot provide you with any evidence. This is just the conclusion I've come to after all that I've heard.

@LTC: None of them look like what was in the tent video.

@River: Yeah I know, but that's not a good enough reason to discount it. The other witness testimonies make up for that fact, which was something he lacked in 2008. He only had that dope Tom Biscardi backing him up.

Last edited by Nogard; 8th September 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:09 PM   #21
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, the confirmation will be by scientists. I believe it's real because of the testimony of Musky Allen, Frank Cali, car wrap guy and Craig Philips. Plus, Dyer swore on his kids' lives that it was real. Oh yeah btw, a scientist who has been studying the body will be making a statement about it soon, so look out for that. A movie showing the bigfoot corpse will be released sometime in early November, which may or may not be after the body is unveiled. As of now, though, I cannot provide you with any evidence. This is just the conclusion I've come to after all that I've heard.

Is that a joke?

And the tent video bigfoot looks just like the mask to me.

Old 8th September 2013, 11:10 PM   #22
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Musky Allen, Frank Cali, car wrap guy and Craig Philips.
Who are they?
Old 8th September 2013, 11:14 PM   #23
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Musky works for Dyer doesn't he? And Musky told me in April that I'd see the bigfoot soon.

Is it soon yet?

Old 8th September 2013, 11:17 PM   #24
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Who are they?
Footers, and I think I read that Musky works "security" for Dyer.

Musky told a story about inviting Meldrum to see the bigfoot, and Meldrum flat out said it was a lie.

Old 8th September 2013, 11:21 PM   #25
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

So, not independent scientists then?
Old 8th September 2013, 11:25 PM   #26
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
So, not independent scientists then?
Well, those car wrap guys need a side job...

Old 8th September 2013, 11:28 PM   #27
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Musky Allen is supposedly a fake name, too.

Allen Issleb is his real name, apparently.

Last edited by LTC8K6; 8th September 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:29 PM   #28
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Is that a joke?

And the tent video bigfoot looks just like the mask to me.
No it's not a joke. You can't see enough of the face anyway to compare the two exactly, so it's a useless argument.

@arthwollipot: Musky Allen was a bigfoot skeptic who frequented facebook find bigfoot's page, Frank Cali formerly worked in the FBI, car wrap guy wrapped Dyer's car and Craig Philips is just a random guy interested in bigfoot. Goodnight, I'm going to bed.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:37 PM   #29
Aepervius

I can't accept the fact that they would associate themselves with a man who's hated by the bigfoot community just for the "lolz." Before this hoax most of them were interested in bigfoot before and knew about Rick Dyer's hoax in 2008. I know because I saw their past youtube comments.
I can. People changes. They can simply recognize they were fooled, and out of misguided desire of vengeance , try to hoax other for the lolz and feeling superior. FYI I have seen that happens, although it was with young people (18-20) (ETA : actually it was in university and a lot of people fell for the (not bigfoot related) prank ).

Or they can be fooled.

Both are much much more likely than a real Bigfoot.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:41 PM   #30
Aepervius

Talking

Originally Posted by ynot View Post
will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014.
“Released”? “Revealed” surely. You don’t release dead things.
Oh. My. God.

It is zombi bigfoot ! "28 bigfoot later".

Ormaybe Bigfoot Jesus ?
Old 8th September 2013, 11:45 PM   #31
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

No it's not a joke. You can't see enough of the face anyway to compare the two exactly, so it's a useless argument.

@arthwollipot: Musky Allen was a bigfoot skeptic who frequented facebook find bigfoot's page, Frank Cali formerly worked in the FBI, car wrap guy wrapped Dyer's car and Craig Philips is just a random guy interested in bigfoot. Goodnight, I'm going to bed.

Is what I bolded and underlined a joke?

Old 8th September 2013, 11:49 PM   #32
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigfootpolice/videos

Old 9th September 2013, 12:22 AM   #33
River
Illuminator

@River: Yeah I know, but that's not a good enough reason to discount it. The other witness testimonies make up for that fact, which was something he lacked in 2008. He only had that dope Tom Biscardi backing him up.

Yes it is good enough. It's bigfoot. That's enough. I like Tom Biscardi. He's a great Promoter.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 12:37 AM   #34
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

One day, someone will come on here and do things the right way around........

Instead of "I believe" and "soon", they'll come on and say "Have you read the paper in Nature"?

In the nature of all science, every sceptic will do a 180 degree volte-face when faced with the irrefutable proof of anything they have argued against. This has occurred thousands of times through the history of science, and will occur thousands more times. The bit that is missing, currently, from your post, is the irrefutable proof (present tense) thing.

The over-use of the future tense in the build-up to the release of the Ketchum "paper", with assertion after hyper-assertion eventually coming to absolutely nothing at all........did that not tell you anything? It certainly told me that you must only comment after the fact, and not speculate before it.

Feel free to come back and ask us what we think of bigfoot after the body has been released to independent scientists, and after the various papers have been published in proper peer reviewed journals. We'll have a great conversation then.

Mike

Last edited by MikeG; 9th September 2013 at 12:40 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 12:40 AM   #35
manofthesea
2wu4u

This will be on me.

I'll even personally serve it to everyone.
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 12:44 AM   #36
GraculusTheGreenBird
Thinker

Really simple, obvious question..

Why Jan 1st 2014? Why not today?

If I had a genuine bigfoot corpse in my possession I would be straight down to the local university biology department with it. Immediately. Today.

It would be huge news, making headlines globally, and I would be set for life.

Any normal, sensible person would do the same. Wouldn't you?

So... with all that awaiting the discoverer, what could possibly cause the delay?

Seriously?
GraculusTheGreenBird is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:34 AM   #37
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Well, when the only reputation you've got to lose is as a Bigfoot hoaxer, you can promise all sorts of things and not deliver.
Old 9th September 2013, 01:43 AM   #38
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

Who are these scientists supposedly studying the body? Do they have names? Can their credentials be verified?
Old 9th September 2013, 01:55 AM   #39
ynot
Philosopher

Yes, the confirmation will be by scientists.
And will their confirmation be able to be reconfirmed by independent scientists? (I bet not)

I believe it's real because of the testimony of Musky Allen, Frank Cali, car wrap guy and Craig Philips.
Are these people scientists? (I bet not)

Plus, Dyer swore on his kids' lives that it was real.
Hardly a robust scientific method of proof. Do you even know for sure that he has kids?

Oh yeah btw, a scientist who has been studying the body will be making a statement about it soon, so look out for that.
You just post it here when it happens soon.

A movie showing the bigfoot corpse will be released sometime in early November, which may or may not be after the body is unveiled.
Great, I love a good comedy movie.

As of now, though, I cannot provide you with any evidence. This is just the conclusion I've come to after all that I've heard.
Did you know that a little baby Bigfoot dies every time some nasty sceptic says they don’t exist? It’s true (I swear on my parent’s lives).

Last edited by ynot; 9th September 2013 at 02:04 AM.
ynot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 02:07 AM   #40
This is The End

Originally Posted by GraculusTheGreenBird View Post
Why Jan 1st 2014? Why not today?

So there is plenty of time for the government to steal the body. Or something. Duh.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal