ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 9th September 2013, 03:33 AM   #41
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GraculusTheGreenBird View Post
Really simple, obvious question..

Why Jan 1st 2014? Why not today?

If I had a genuine bigfoot corpse in my possession I would be straight down to the local university biology department with it. Immediately. Today.

It would be huge news, making headlines globally, and I would be set for life.

Any normal, sensible person would do the same. Wouldn't you?

So... with all that awaiting the discoverer, what could possibly cause the delay?

Seriously?
The book/movie/script/commemorative t-shirts aren't ready yet.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 03:41 AM   #42
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Nogard View Post
Sure, scientists tend to be honorable people imo. Not to mention they would probably face some sort of consequence for yapping about it. Even if it did get out, the person told may just laugh it off or not care about bigfoot enough to tell anyone else.
I will bet you any amount of money that we will not see a bigfot body in 2014.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 03:44 AM   #43
DC
Banned

[quote=Nogard;9480472]... What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real?.... [quote]

not much, only evidence.
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 04:22 AM   #44
CMRTIXPS57
Thinker

Originally Posted by OnlyTellsTruths View Post
So there is plenty of time for the government to steal the body. Or something. Duh.
Bigfoot is actually a government experiment.
CMRTIXPS57 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:22 AM   #45
Cleon
King of the Pod People

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
I'll bet $100 against.

I'd love for Bigfoot to be real, I really would. I think it would be a phenomenal discovery for anthropology. I've been fascinated with the story since I was a child.

Which is why I made the above wager. I would gladly pay $100 if Sasquatch turns out to be real. I will be first in line if his traveling show comes to Atlanta.

I suspect, however, that I will be keeping my c-note.
Old 9th September 2013, 06:25 AM   #46
Drewbot
Philosopher

Rick,
I heard you invited Meldrum down to look at it, and he said 'No'.
True or not?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:28 AM   #47
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Rick......
Who?
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:30 AM   #48
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Accidental Martyr View Post
Who are these scientists supposedly studying the body? Do they have names? Can their credentials be verified?
Respected researchers Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, and Dr. Howard.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:34 AM   #49
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real?
What will it take before folks like you will stop pretending that Bigfoot exists? There would seem to be no end to the fabrications that people like you out forth and promote. Is it money or fun that compels you to tell the lies?
Old 9th September 2013, 06:42 AM   #50
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
P.T. Barnum called. He said to quit using his schtick because you suck at it.

Last edited by Resume; 9th September 2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: typo
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:47 AM   #51
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Musky works for Dyer doesn't he?
If it's the same person they were very active in 2008-10 with Bigfootery on YouTube. Hundreds and hundred of comments he posted on almost any video related to Bigfoot. But then the name was allenmusky and you can use that to search JREF for a bit of odd history. We had a member here named lucaschorak who said he spoke with AM. But I seem to recall him being a denialist.

Is this the same guy who now tells stacks of lies to promote Bigfoot?
Old 9th September 2013, 06:50 AM   #52
Snarf
Critical Thinker

Ooh I just love these kinds of threads.
Snarf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:51 AM   #53
mustbeso
Thinker

Was there not a million dollar prize offered by Bushnell(?) for irrefutable proof of bigfoots' existence? Why have they not collected on this yet; it boggles the mind. It also boggles the mind that people like Nogard are continually sucked into bigfoot hoaxes by people like Dyer. Is there a certain number of hoaxes that one is fooled by before the revelation sinks in or does it simply continue,ad infinitum, ?
mustbeso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:52 AM   #54
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

If he has a bigfoot body, why would he wait till 2014 to disclose it?

Hans
Old 9th September 2013, 07:05 AM   #55
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by mustbeso View Post
It also boggles the mind that people like Nogard are continually sucked into bigfoot hoaxes by people like Dyer.
With all due respect to you, it is a huge assumption to think that Nogard the Backwards Dragon has been fooled by anyone and actually believes that Bigfoot exists.

The safest assumption is that anyone who promotes Bigfoot is a phony. Proceed from there to possibly discover that they are not a pretender.
Old 9th September 2013, 07:37 AM   #56
FreshHat
Why, You Little...

Goodnight, I'm going to bed.
Sleep tight.

Don't let the bigfoots bite!
Old 9th September 2013, 07:37 AM   #57
12AX7
Banned

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014.

Just tagging this thread so I can revisit it later for the LOLs.

Of course, Nogard will be long-gone, I suspect. Anyway, here is some Yeti hair I saw at the Ripley's in Gatlinburg, TN. Surely it must be real, right?

12AX7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:06 AM   #58
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Don't forget that this is the same species that Rick claims has both male and female reproductive organs and that the male, "Hank", that he shot was pregnant, or some other ridiculous garbage? I saw the video ( sadly), he indeed made these claims.

I think Nogard is full of crap and is just winding us up to be honest.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:09 AM   #59
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by mustbeso View Post
Was there not a million dollar prize offered by Bushnell(?) for irrefutable proof of bigfoots' existence? Why have they not collected on this yet; it boggles the mind. It also boggles the mind that people like Nogard are continually sucked into bigfoot hoaxes by people like Dyer. Is there a certain number of hoaxes that one is fooled by before the revelation sinks in or does it simply continue,ad infinitum, ?

My bolded: Yes there was. Now there is a 10 million dollar reward offered by spike tv. ChrisBFRPKY doesnt need the money. He'd rather just observe the beast and tell stories.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:19 AM   #60
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Don't forget that this is the same species that Rick claims has both male and female reproductive organs and that the male, "Hank", that he shot was pregnant, or some other ridiculous garbage? I saw the video ( sadly), he indeed made these claims.

I think Nogard is full of crap and is just winding us up to be honest.
He won't take the bet, that's for sure.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:39 AM   #61
Cayvmann
Muse

... Dyer swore on his kids' lives that it was real...
So? I don't understand how this makes anything believable. What are the consequences of him lying? Are his kids somehow going to die horribly if it's another hoax? Is CPS going to come around and take them away? ( no )
Cayvmann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:43 AM   #62
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I can't wait until you're proven wrong lol. I believe him because there's just no way that he could get 4 different people to lie for him about seeing the body and they all sound sincere. Craig Philips was genuinely emotional when he described seeing it. I can't imagine what reward or fake body Rick could've come up with to take them in.
You believe a mythical creature exists but find it hard to believe that four people could collaborate a false story?!
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:54 AM   #63
LuvGodzilla
Thinker

Drewbot is probably right when he asked "Rick" a question. As for nogard, it speaks volumes when this person uses a screen name of "Dragon" backwards. I'm inclined to believe nogard is trolling and not a naive participant hoping that a known hoaxer will reveal a "real" bigfoot in 2014.
Old 9th September 2013, 08:57 AM   #64
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Cayvmann View Post
So? I don't understand how this makes anything believable. What are the consequences of him lying? Are his kids somehow going to die horribly if it's another hoax? Is CPS going to come around and take them away? ( no )
In my experience when somebody swears on their children's lives then they are lying. There are no magic spells and nothing will happen to the kids.
Old 9th September 2013, 10:23 AM   #65
Snarf
Critical Thinker

Joe Biden to Nogard: "This is a big footing deal"
Snarf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 12:59 PM   #66
Nogard
Scholar

not a troll, nor in on the hoax. Just a joe schmo who happens to believe this story. I would bet on it, but that goes against my personal beliefs, so no. I shouldn't profit off someone just because they're wrong. Consider it a favor lol. The body is being prepared and studied by the scientists for release. That's why its taken a while. I know it seems like too long of a time to wait for, but who knows what kind of issues they may have had behind the scenes? Regarding the dual reproductive organs and baby bigfoot nonsense, that was all a lie that Rick made up to fool the "haters" into flying to Las Vegas to see it. He's still a habitual liar yes, but even liars are telling the truth sometimes, like the boy who cried wolf. I realize that I sound really stupid right now, but it will all come together in a few months.

The Jeff Meldrum situation was just a he said she said cluster ****, so we'll probably never know the total truth behind all that. It's not really important. Okay, I'll admit that Dyer swearing on his kids is actually a dumb reason, but 3 people of the bigfoot community coming out and supporting him because they saw it isn't likely considering Dyer's past, especially for Musky Allen, since he was known as a vicious skeptic on Facebook before he saw the body and argued with Dyer about it on his radio show. Yeah I guess it's not a compelling enough reason for an outsider to believe, but its good enough for me personally. Plus, the tent video has yet to be debunked.

I have nothing more to say on this, unless someone here has a respectful question they'd like answered. I'll be back when more evidence is released. Cya'll.

@William Parcher: It's fun to believe in mythical beasts, especially when they actually exist!

Last edited by Nogard; 9th September 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Nogard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:04 PM   #67
dmaker
Graduate Poster

So he made up the part about the baby and dual sex organs, and you admit he is a known habitual liar, but other than that, everything is totally believable? Oh, and you have the word of 3 Bigfooters to back it up?

Well, color me convinced...
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:10 PM   #68
Ranb
Philosopher

Nogard,

I think most people (including those on this forum) would be truly excited to see good evidence of a creature like bigfoot. I would like to see a real one myself. But until I have good reason to think this is real, why should I care at all?

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:12 PM   #69
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

@William Parcher: It's fun to believe in mythical beasts, especially when they actually exist!
No, that's just sad.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:13 PM   #70
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I'll bet $100 against.
I'll match that. I'd love to see a Bigfoot; it would totally vindicate a lot of the folklore of my childhood. I suspect, though, as you do, that our money is safe.
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:16 PM   #71
The Shrike
Illuminator

I am a scientist.

If I was allowed to examine the alleged corpse of a bigfoot, I am confident that I could make a determination regarding its authenticity in approximately 24 seconds.

If you needed me to write a description of the new species, it would take me a few hours to take some measurements and jot down some notes. Let's call that what I would do on Day 1. On Day 2, I would prepare a manuscript detailing my findings. On Day 3, I would submit the manuscript to Nature.

I'll give it two weeks in review and one more week for me to clean it up to respond to the referee's comments. I think it'd be accepted within one month, and published within two.

I'd call any stalling beyond two months a clear indication of hogwash.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:19 PM   #72
bigred
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
Oh. My. God.

It is zombi bigfoot ! "28 bigfoot later".

Ormaybe Bigfoot Jesus ?
*DING DING DING*

Congrats you are the winner of the "first snotty religious remark of the thread" award! Again I'm amazed it took this long. You go girlfriend!

Anyway -

Nogard, if not a troll, then I suspect you're rather young (early teens at most, I suspect). PS that's not a criticism - just sounds that way based on your posts, which if not trolling frankly sound extremely naive.

But hey, if that laughably obvious fake Patterson film can get so much mileage, you've got tons of company. Something is just compelling about this possibility to people, I guess, for whatever reason.
bigred is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:26 PM   #73
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
......If I was allowed to examine the alleged corpse of a bigfoot, I am confident that I could make a determination regarding its authenticity in approximately 24 seconds......
You'd waste the first 20 seconds trying to get your jaw off the floor, and recovering your popped-out eyeballs.......
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:27 PM   #74
Steve001
Graduate Poster

not a troll, nor in on the hoax. Just a joe schmo who happens to believe this story. I would bet on it, but that goes against my personal beliefs, so no. The body is being prepared and studied by the scientists for release. That's why its taken a while. I know it seems like too long of a time to wait for, but who knows what kind of issues they may have had behind the scenes? He's still a habitual liar yes, but even liars are telling the truth sometimes, like the boy who cried wolf. I realize that I sound really stupid right now, but it will all come together in a few months.

We will be here, but will you if this turns out to be a hoax?
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:38 PM   #75
Mister Earl
Illuminator

I can't wait until you're proven wrong lol. I believe him because there's just no way that he could get 4 different people to lie for him about seeing the body and they all sound sincere. Craig Philips was genuinely emotional when he described seeing it. I can't imagine what reward or fake body Rick could've come up with to take them in.
Could have been a bribe as low as a five dollar gift card to Hot Topic. Maybe they lied for the lulz. You don't know. What we do know is there almost certainly isn't a bigfoot. They'd make a noticeable impact on the environment, in the form of caloric intake, that is never seen. If there is a bigfoot, it's gotta be magic to live without eating anything.

Maybe they live off the kindness of trailer park strangers who give them cans of beans and franks and candy bars.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:47 PM   #76
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Didn't we just do the "Somebody's got hard evidence that Bigfoot is real and he'll announce it at an arbitrary time in the future instead of right now because of.... reasons and when he does you skeptics are gonna look sooooo silly" thing a couple of months back?

"Hating a bad thing does not make you good." - David Wong
JoeBentley is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 01:57 PM   #77
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I might be going insane.
You should have said that in this thread instead of the other one.
Old 9th September 2013, 02:14 PM   #78
George 152
Philosopher

The length of time that man has been on the American continent and there is no evidence of a big foot/yeti/sasquach that has been shot/run over/died from old age.
It's a fraud
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 02:24 PM   #79
Mister Earl
Illuminator

I'm expecting another rubber mask in another ice block.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 02:47 PM   #80
dafydd
Banned

not a troll, nor in on the hoax. Just a joe schmo who happens to believe this story. I would bet on it, but that goes against my personal beliefs, so no. I shouldn't profit off someone just because they're wrong. Consider it a favor lol. The body is being prepared and studied by the scientists for release. That's why its taken a while. I know it seems like too long of a time to wait for, but who knows what kind of issues they may have had behind the scenes? Regarding the dual reproductive organs and baby bigfoot nonsense, that was all a lie that Rick made up to fool the "haters" into flying to Las Vegas to see it. He's still a habitual liar yes, but even liars are telling the truth sometimes, like the boy who cried wolf. I realize that I sound really stupid right now, but it will all come together in a few months.

The Jeff Meldrum situation was just a he said she said cluster ****, so we'll probably never know the total truth behind all that. It's not really important. Okay, I'll admit that Dyer swearing on his kids is actually a dumb reason, but 3 people of the bigfoot community coming out and supporting him because they saw it isn't likely considering Dyer's past, especially for Musky Allen, since he was known as a vicious skeptic on Facebook before he saw the body and argued with Dyer about it on his radio show. Yeah I guess it's not a compelling enough reason for an outsider to believe, but its good enough for me personally. Plus, the tent video has yet to be debunked.

I have nothing more to say on this, unless someone here has a respectful question they'd like answered. I'll be back when more evidence is released. Cya'll.

So you're not taking the bet. That speaks volumes.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal