ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 9th September 2013, 03:01 PM   #81
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by George152 View Post
The length of time that man has been on the American continent and there is no evidence of a big foot/yeti/sasquach that has been shot/run over/died from old age.
It's a fraud
Figbooters don't seem to get that despite the fact that the American Continent is still has a lot of wilderness, it doesn't have a lot of unexplored wilderness. There is simply no place for a breeding population of large bipedal ape to stay hidden for very long.

This isn't, despite their constantly using this as some sort of comparison, anything like discovering the Coelacanth or the Mountain Gorilla.
Old 9th September 2013, 05:04 PM   #82
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Nogard, how about $100 to charity?

I'll give $100 to the charity of your choice if we get a bigfoot body out of Dyer in the 1st week of January, and vice-versa.

Do you believe enough to risk some real money?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:14 PM   #83
dropzone
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by GraculusTheGreenBird View Post
Really simple, obvious question..

Why Jan 1st 2014? Why not today?

If I had a genuine bigfoot corpse in my possession I would be straight down to the local university biology department with it. Immediately. Today.

It would be huge news, making headlines globally, and I would be set for life.

Any normal, sensible person would do the same. Wouldn't you?

So... with all that awaiting the discoverer, what could possibly cause the delay?

Seriously?
This. Corpses do not improve with age.

Didn't bother reading the rest of the thread. Didn't see any point.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:27 PM   #84
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Nogard, how about $100 to charity?

I'll give $100 to the charity of your choice if we get a bigfoot body out of Dyer in the 1st week of January, and vice-versa.

Do you believe enough to risk some real money?
Good idea. I'll pledge a hundred too.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:29 PM   #85
dmaker
Graduate Poster

^^ Ditto.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:34 PM   #86
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Another hunny here.

We have a charity yet?
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:39 PM   #87
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
So you're not taking the bet. That speaks volumes.
Fine if you wanna lose 100 bucks that bad I'll do it! We'll just do the charity thing, since it would be a lot simpler for me personally and it'd be for a better cause.

Last edited by Nogard; 9th September 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Nogard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:41 PM   #88
Hammy
Student

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
If he has a bigfoot body, why would he wait till 2014 to disclose it?

Hans
That way it gives him time to spool up a story about how the Men in Black broke into his compound and stole it
Hammy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:42 PM   #89
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Here I'll take it one step further.

If anyone provides evidence that is widely accepted by the scientific community of a large bipedal ape, humanoid creature or other previously unknown animal that meets a reasonable definition of the cryptid "Bigfoot" existing in the American Pacific Northwest between now and 23 July 2017* I'll donate 250 dollars to any 501(c)(3) charitable organization of Nogard's choice.** in the name of "All Bigfoot researchers, supporters, and enthusiasts the world over, in celebration of the discovery of the once thought mythical creature."

Evidence (reasonably edited to protect my financial/personal privacy) will be provided in the event this occurs.

*This being the date of my retirement and the last day I can be 100% sure of my financial situation at any one given point in the future.

**If Nogard does not suggest a charity, I will default to my preferred charity, the Wounded Warrior Project.

Last edited by JoeBentley; 9th September 2013 at 05:45 PM.
JoeBentley is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 05:48 PM   #90
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
Here I'll take it one step further.

If anyone provides evidence that is widely accepted by the scientific community of a large bipedal ape, humanoid creature or other previously unknown animal that meets a reasonable definition of the cryptid "Bigfoot" existing in the American Pacific Northwest between now and 23 July 2017* I'll donate 250 dollars to any 501(c)(3) charitable organization of Nogard's choice.** in the name of "All Bigfoot researchers, supporters, and enthusiasts the world over, in celebration of the discovery of the once thought mythical creature."

Evidence (reasonably edited to protect my financial/personal privacy) will be provided in the event this occurs.

*This being the date of my retirement and the last day I can be 100% sure of my financial situation at any one given point in the future.

**If Nogard does not suggest a charity, I will default to my preferred charity, the Wounded Warrior Project.
I don't really know about any charities, so whichever one you want is fine.
Nogard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:22 PM   #91
GT/CS
Illuminator

Doesn't the hoaxer and tax dodger Brian Brown have a 501(c) charity?
Old 9th September 2013, 06:26 PM   #92
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Doesn't the hoaxer and tax dodger Brian Brown have a 501(c) charity?
Oooh, good one.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:28 PM   #93
jerrywayne
Muse

I'm with WP and others on this. Just a planted poster trying to drum up interest/controversy for Dyer's patented and tired hoax. You'll find the same tactic at BFF and other blogging sites. Surprised the thread lasted this long.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:35 PM   #94
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nogard View Post
I don't really know about any charities, so whichever one you want is fine.
Oh brother...

You don't know about any charities?

Are you in middle school?

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:38 PM   #95
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
If bigfoot existed in North America, one would have been killed and identified long before 2013, and I'd bet my gun collection that if there was a BF running around loose before 1980 it would have been killed by Elmer Keith:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Keith

As the only mammals known that Keith never killed are human beings and whales - every other mammal under the sun fell to Keith's guns during the course of his hunting career.
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:41 PM   #96
GT/CS
Illuminator

Wow, what a pathetic person, but I guess that's for another thread.
Old 9th September 2013, 06:49 PM   #97
Nogard
Scholar

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Oh brother...

You don't know about any charities?

Are you in middle school?
Well obviously I know famous ones like Susan J. Coleman, Salvation Army, Red Cross etc. but my knowledge of any others is very limited so it shouldn't be up to me. That being said I'm done with this site. Even if this is true I won't be back because I have better things to do then get insulted on a dumb forum. Goodbye and God bless. I'll be praying for you all to accept Jesus as your savior.
Old 9th September 2013, 06:55 PM   #98
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

not a troll, nor in on the hoax. Just a joe schmo who happens to believe this story...
Yeah sure uh huh.

@William Parcher: It's fun to believe in mythical beasts, especially when they actually exist!
Alright, how come I never got any memos to upgrade my own account to the Top Secret Fun With Mythical Beasts package? It's been 40+ years and I still have the no frills Neither Top Secret Nor That Much Fun With Mythical Beasts package. It says here the new package include 3 free months of both TruBS|Tru Bigfoot Shenanigans™ and TDC|The Drinking Channel®? Is that true? Sometimes in those offers they jerk you around with bait-n-switch teasers like that so you never know, I always have to ask. Alright already, you've convinced me. I'm dialing the number now. Sheesh. You're so pushy!

Oh and Rick Dyer LIVES!
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 06:57 PM   #99
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Well obviously I know famous ones like Susan J. Coleman, Salvation Army, Red Cross etc. but my knowledge of any others is very limited so it shouldn't be up to me. That being said I'm done with this site. Even if this is true I won't be back because I have better things to do then get insulted on a dumb forum. Goodbye and God bless. I'll be praying for you all to accept Jesus as your savior.
WWJD?

Laugh at bigfoot groupies?

And what does Jesus have to do with it anyway? last time I saw him, he was worried about the chupacabra.
BStrong is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 07:26 PM   #100
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Even if what is true?

What an odd poster. I wonder who that actually was?

Old 9th September 2013, 07:36 PM   #101
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Boring troll is boring. We really should run auditions to weed out the hack and lazy trolls.
Old 9th September 2013, 08:00 PM   #102
GT/CS
Illuminator

He posts on Unexplained Mysteries. If it's the same person.
Google, "Nogard bigfoot"
Old 9th September 2013, 08:02 PM   #103
smartcooky
Philosopher

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real?<snip>
We'll start with shwing me the body, and we'll move on from there!!

Originally Posted by Iamme View Post
I must have missed hearing all about this on the 10 o`clock news. Was it ever on about this? Why absolutely!.....if a Bigfoot is for real, being as elusive as they have been for centuries...then this would open up the possibility of existance of its `cousin` ...the abominable snowman...
I haven't seen one of those Yeti!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:07 PM   #104
summitwalker
New Blood

I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
Why is there always some arbitrary date in the future when this stuff is to come out? If I had a dime for every time some future release was announced, I'd have enough to pay up my Premium dues and I'd still be trolling the Tar Pit!
summitwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 08:12 PM   #105
EHocking
Philosopher

...Goodbye and God bless. I'll be praying for you all to accept Jesus as your savior.
So we can add two more fictitious entities to your list of beliefs?
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 09:22 PM   #106
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by River View Post
My bolded: Yes there was. Now there is a 10 million dollar reward offered by spike tv. ChrisBFRPKY doesnt need the money. He'd rather just observe the beast and tell stories.
River, the 10 million offered is part of a reality Bigfoot show concept. Both Steve Kulls and myself were contacted by Spike about appearing as one of the teams on this show. Steve is under contract to Nat Geo or somebody else and I don't do interviews with reporters or TV.

I could use 10 mil as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to kill one for money. If I'm ever attacked, well that's different. Boom Boom there's your body. Unless that happens, we'll stick to the plan of gathering info thru observation and study with the primary goal of obtaining one that has expired due to natural causes or sickness/accident.

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 9th September 2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: to clarify statement
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 09:28 PM   #107
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Nogard is probably Rick Dyer. Steve Kulls has busted everything Rick has claimed. It's all here:
http://squatchdetective.wordpress.co...o-be-revealed/
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 09:30 PM   #108
The Shrike
Illuminator

^how 'bout you get a decent photo and earn a cool $5 mil instead of the full 10?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 09:34 PM   #109
captain koolaid
Muse

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
...I could use 10 mil as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to kill one for money...

I hear that. I could shoot one anytime I wanted. I just don't feel like it, either.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 09:37 PM   #110
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

If I could get 5 mil for a good HD photo or video that'd be nice. But without a body it likely could not pass as authentic footage of an unknown creature. The easy explanation would be it was a Hollywood production video/pic.
Old 9th September 2013, 09:39 PM   #111
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Who said they could shoot one anytime they wanted?
Old 9th September 2013, 10:13 PM   #112
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

The body is being prepared and studied by the scientists for release.
Which scientists? What are their names? What fields do they have doctorates in? From which universities? How many peer-reviewed articles do they have?

Hello?

Helloo-ooo?
Old 9th September 2013, 10:18 PM   #113
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

You are either brave or something else. I am going with something else.....Have fun while ......... And beware the billy goats - especially the biggun'

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 10:22 PM   #114
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Who said they could shoot one anytime they wanted?
Technically, unless they did it in a normal city/town/village*, there would be no law against shooting a non-existant life form.

*where most have laws against the discharge of firearms within city limits..

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 10:31 PM   #115
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

I am going for the Million Dollar JREF thing here and predicting that we will reach 11:59:59 PM January 31, 2014 with no video, no body and no scientists (as we know scientists - holders of advanced degrees, publish in real journals, work for actual schools instead of diploma mills or McDonald's, do real/recognized research in appropriate fields)).

Possibly earlier plans have left me some jaded on this matter.

On the other hand, if lucky, not only will it turn out to be real, but it's stomach contents will be the remains of some chupacabras and obvious ET bones!!!!!

Wash this space!

Last edited by fuelair; 9th September 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 9th September 2013, 10:36 PM   #116
River
Illuminator

River, the 10 million offered is part of a reality Bigfoot show concept. Both Steve Kulls and myself were contacted by Spike about appearing as one of the teams on this show. Steve is under contract to Nat Geo or somebody else and I don't do interviews with reporters or TV.

I could use 10 mil as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to kill one for money. If I'm ever attacked, well that's different. Boom Boom there's your body. Unless that happens, we'll stick to the plan of gathering info thru observation and study with the primary goal of obtaining one that has expired due to natural causes or sickness/accident.

Can you present anything at all to back up your claims? What ya got?

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2013, 11:41 PM   #117
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Guys

I wonder if we just missed an opportunity, in the haste to make Nogard's claim look even sillier than the actuality. I reckon when people like him come along we should probe a little first, before turning on the derision. Find out what he knows, who he knows, why he thinks he knows something we don't. We didn't even find out if he has had any conversations with any protagonists, or has any other "information" not in the public domain. I'm sorry to see he has gone, as I feel we have missed out on something, even if it is just the source/s of his story.

Mike
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 12:05 AM   #118
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by River View Post
Can you present anything at all to back up your claims? What ya got?
I don't know River, I guess you could watch this National Geographic Loch Ness show with Steve here if you want:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xne...ull_shortfilms

As far as transcripts of phone calls and meetings, I normally don't keep a record of those. It'd be nice if you had to prove something you say just once and again. But alas, not even your name surfaces here does it? Enjoy the video though.
Old 10th September 2013, 12:29 AM   #119
malicus
Graduate Poster

Thanks for stopping by, and I cannot wait to see one of my childhood stories come to life (so to speak).

I just hope that no-one mistakenly turns off the freezer / body unrecoverable / unfair to the species to present a less than perfect specimen / see you next year folks.

(calling it).
malicus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 12:40 AM   #120
EHocking
Philosopher

If I could get 5 mil for shoot a good HD photo or video that'd be nice. But without a body it likely could not pass as authentic footage of an unknown creature. The easy explanation would be it was a Hollywood production video/pic until then I've only got campfire stories.
FTFY
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal