ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 10th September 2013, 09:39 AM   #201
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Films of men in suits? What film? P/G?
Got it in one. That fake movie. The one with the diaper.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 09:39 AM   #202
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

William, I know him only thru the BFF forum. I had seen him at the Ohio conference from a distance but we've not met. I think he also spoke about his sighting at a conference or maybe more than one? I dunno.

I didn't come here to try to prove to everyone that Bigfoot exists. It seems every member tries to pull me into a "display the evidence" demand. I know people are hungry for evidence but I'd simply like to read and post without the drama.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 09:44 AM   #203
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It's going to be impossible to eliminate the drama. You already knew that and didn't hope that it would somehow be different with you. That's why you brought your boxing gloves.
Old 10th September 2013, 09:45 AM   #204
Castro
Muse

Thanks for visiting my site...
You're welcome.
Quote:
...As you can see it was free and no products are sold there.
Good for you. Each player has his own motivation: money, fun, attention seeking...

Last edited by Castro; 10th September 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 09:50 AM   #205
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Got it in one. That fake movie. The one with the diaper.
I do have a few concerns with the film. The "diaper butt" is not one of them.
The link below is a pic of a gorilla that someone added a football to.
I think it serves as an example that a "big booty" may not be uncommon to large primates.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures...tball--643.jpg
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 09:58 AM   #206
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Why are you forced to show a picture of a zoo gorilla instead of pictures of several different Bigfoots other than Patty?
Old 10th September 2013, 09:59 AM   #207
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
You're welcome.
Good for you. Each player has his own motivation: money, fun, attention seeking...
and education.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:01 AM   #208
dafydd
Banned

I do have a few concerns with the film. The "diaper butt" is not one of them.
The link below is a pic of a gorilla that someone added a football to.
I think it serves as an example that a "big booty" may not be uncommon to large primates.

But not the obvious lines.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:02 AM   #209
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Actually, gorillas have no butt to speak of. It's a small flat pad (callous). You might want to check on the photo you presented to see if a big butt was Photoshopped onto the back end.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:03 AM   #210
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

If I see a hairy big booty gal when I get back in the woods I'll do my best to take a comparison pic. But until then I think it's noteworthy that some primates when stooped over have a big butt.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:05 AM   #211
dafydd
Banned

If I see a hairy big booty gal when I get back in the woods I'll do my best to take a comparison pic. But until then I think it's noteworthy that some primates when stooped over have a big butt.
So you have ceased making serious points. Good luck with your imaginary bigfoots. Bye.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:05 AM   #212
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

William, I know him only thru the BFF forum. I had seen him at the Ohio conference from a distance but we've not met. I think he also spoke about his sighting at a conference or maybe more than one? I dunno.

I didn't come here to try to prove to everyone that Bigfoot exists. It seems every member tries to pull me into a "display the evidence" demand. I know people are hungry for evidence but I'd simply like to read and post without the drama.
Would you let me get away with saying that I know there are wild moose on my property in central NC? Or would you want evidence?

If I presented similar photos to yours, and told you I saw moose in them, would that satisfy you? Would you then agree that there are wild moose on my land?

Believers have nothing but their belief. Is my belief in the moose enough for you to pay me for a moose hunt on my land?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:13 AM   #213
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

The gorilla is not standing fully erect but it is on a photo shop site and has been tampered with. Here's one that's a little better.
http://wheezer.org/GorillaButtLg.jpg

Dafydd, I don't wanna take us too far off topic as I don't want to discuss or defend the P/G film at length here. Photos like these are just some of the reasons I don't see a problem with an oversize butt on a large primate, especially one that has adapted to bipedal locomotion.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:14 AM   #214
Castro
Muse

and education.
Sure, education about how to play the bigfoot game. The game needs "educated" players to survive.

Last edited by Castro; 10th September 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:15 AM   #215
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

So you have ceased making serious points. Good luck with your imaginary bigfoots. Bye.
A little premature but ok. Bye.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:16 AM   #216
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

and education.
Indeed. I hadn't given bigfoot much thought until about the past year and upon delving into the belief system, what passes for science, and what passes for logic for many believers seemed to nearly exactly mirror what I had noted in the paranormal community. Lots of stories but not much in the way of hard evidence. What separated the two, at least inititally for me, was the possibility of such a creature's existence. Then, I began to read what enthusiasts claimed as prime bigfoot habitat (nearly everywhere, just take a gander at the BFRO database) and how the creature uses that habitat and I just said no. Not without leaving sign, lots of it. And of course, not without a body collected somewhere, some time, and likely again, lots of them.

It was an education.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:21 AM   #217
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The gorilla is not standing fully erect but it is on a photo shop site and has been tampered with. Here's one that's a little better.
http://wheezer.org/GorillaButtLg.jpg

Dafydd, I don't wanna take us too far off topic as I don't want to discuss or defend the P/G film at length here. Photos like these are just some of the reasons I don't see a problem with an oversize butt on a large primate, especially one that has adapted to bipedal locomotion.
Chris show one standing erect like Patty. Show what the butt looks like when a gorilla pulls a Patty move.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:23 AM   #218
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

The Bigfoot body Nogard is talking about does not exist.

You don't say.

I am in no way connected with anything Rick Dyer. I don't associate with hoaxers.

Guess again, buddy.

You claim knowledge of a critter that only exists in hoax form.

Your affiliation precedes you.

I don't do interviews with reporters and I don't do TV. No excuses, just the facts.

The facts being that you don't have anything to offer.

Not even to television.

How bloody tragic is that?

From what I understand, the producers will pick the area to be investigated by each team. The teams will search that area for evidence. I'll wager none of the areas chosen are very productive.

Given the non-existence of these ridiculous monkey thingies that you're pretending to have encountered it's a pretty safe bet.

They have about the same odds of sighting a Bigfoot in a totally unfamiliar research area as they do of getting struck by lightening and winning the lottery on the same day. The money is in no danger.

No.

The odds of sighting a bigfeet - anywhere, ever - are infinity to zero against, regardless of random weight changing phenomena besetting the observers.

If they want to take a risk, they should open the 10 million offer up to anyone that can provide proof of Bigfoot. That, I'd be interested in. Otherwise, KY already has "The Turtleman" on TV they certainly don't need me.

This KY place certainly sounds . . . interesting.

Are you aware of any similar areas on this planet?

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:33 AM   #219
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Would you let me get away with saying that I know there are wild moose on my property in central NC? Or would you want evidence?

If I presented similar photos to yours, and told you I saw moose in them, would that satisfy you? Would you then agree that there are wild moose on my land?

Believers have nothing but their belief. Is my belief in the moose enough for you to pay me for a moose hunt on my land?
Moose investigation. OK, If you tell me you have Moose on your land in NC. I'd want to question you about your sighting. Try to determine if it could be mistaken identity. If there is evidence available, I'd want to review it. If you show me a blurry photo or video of something that resembles a Moose my curiosity may be triggered. If I came there and saw Moose tracks, my suspicion would be raised. If I had my own sighting, I'm all in, yep you got a Moose in NC. Who knows how it got there but it was there.

Money also has alot to do with an investigation too IMO. By saying upfront you want to start receiving money from hopeful moose hunters, that's an alarm bell, money is a red flag.

If I'm not trying to talk you into Bigfoot, why do you insist on trying to talk me out of Bigfoot?
Old 10th September 2013, 10:37 AM   #220
dafydd
Banned

A little premature but ok. Bye.
Premature? A lifetime of no bigfoot evidence is hardly premature.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:39 AM   #221
dafydd
Banned

If I'm not trying to talk you into Bigfoot, why do you insist on trying to talk me out of Bigfoot?
We like helping people.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:40 AM   #222
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Because "into Bigfoot" is a sad waste of a life and "out of Bigfoot" is a step on the path to enlightenment.

Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:41 AM   #223
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

We like helping people.

Ninja'd

Old 10th September 2013, 10:41 AM   #224
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Moose investigation. OK, If you tell me you have Moose on your land in NC. I'd want to question you about your sighting. Try to determine if it could be mistaken identity. If there is evidence available, I'd want to review it. If you show me a blurry photo or video of something that resembles a Moose my curiosity may be triggered. If I came there and saw Moose tracks, my suspicion would be raised. If I had my own sighting, I'm all in, yep you got a Moose in NC. Who knows how it got there but it was there.

Money also has alot to do with an investigation too IMO. By saying upfront you want to start receiving money from hopeful moose hunters, that's an alarm bell, money is a red flag.

If you had never seen moose tracks before how would you know they were moose tracks? And if you had never seen a moose and there are no clear pictures of a moose how could you be sure what you sighted was a moose?
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:47 AM   #225
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
You don't say.

Guess again, buddy.

You claim knowledge of a critter that only exists in hoax form.

Your affiliation precedes you.

The facts being that you don't have anything to offer.

Not even to television.

How bloody tragic is that?

Given the non-existence of these ridiculous monkey thingies that you're pretending to have encountered it's a pretty safe bet.

No.

The odds of sighting a bigfeet - anywhere, ever - are infinity to zero against, regardless of random weight changing phenomena besetting the observers.

This KY place certainly sounds . . . interesting.

Are you aware of any similar areas on this planet?
Well you certainly seem to have an unhealthy interest in my posts. Need to try your luck? I'm not interested in playing. Good day from Planet Earth.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:49 AM   #226
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
If you had never seen moose tracks before how would you know they were moose tracks? And if you had never seen a moose and there are no clear pictures of a moose how could you be sure what you sighted was a moose?

Clairmoosance.

Old 10th September 2013, 10:50 AM   #227
dafydd
Banned

Well you certainly seem to have an unhealthy interest in my posts. Need to try your luck? I'm not interested in playing. Good day from Planet Earth.
Since when has mild amusement been unhealthy? Good day from the real (non-bigfoot) world.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:52 AM   #228
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

We like helping people.
You know that's exactly what religious people say. Interesting.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:54 AM   #229
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The point of the scenario is that I am presenting exactly what you are presenting, except for moose in NC vs bigfoot in KY.

Few people would accept what I say. Few people would believe that I got within 51 feet of a moose and only got the sort of pictures you've got. Scientists wouldn't rush in to check out my claim. They wouldn't believe that the Moose left no sign other than a few tracks.

There is absolutely no way you can have 10 foot tall bipeds roaming around near you and you can't provide anything more than a very poor photo. A photo in which no one but you can see anything remarkable.

There's no way any rational, objective person would believe you.

A 10 foot tall bigfoot couldn't hide from you, or from anyone, or from any camera in the vicinity.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:54 AM   #230
dafydd
Banned

Clairmoosance.
up and doon the hoose
looking for mickey moose
if ya catch him by the tail
hang him on a rusty nail
and give to the cook
to make a bowl of soup
hurray boys hurray boys
how dae ya like ma soup
we like it very well
only for the smell
hurray boys hurray boys
how dae ya like ma soup?
Old 10th September 2013, 10:56 AM   #231
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Well you certainly seem to have an unhealthy interest in my posts.

Yeah, I realized I was running the risk of appearing to be a fanatic by making a single response to your demonstrable nonsense.

Busted, I guess.

Need to try your luck? I'm not interested in playing. Good day from Planet Earth.

I thought you said you were from the planet KY.

Old 10th September 2013, 10:57 AM   #232
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Impending footer burnout detected.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 10:59 AM   #233
Drewbot
Philosopher

A 10 foot tall bigfoot couldn't hide from you, or from anyone, or from any camera in the vicinity.
This.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 11:02 AM   #234
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

The point of the scenario is that I am presenting exactly what you are presenting, except for moose in NC vs bigfoot in KY.

Few people would accept what I say. Few people would believe that I got within 51 feet of a moose and only got the sort of pictures you've got. Scientists wouldn't rush in to check out my claim. They wouldn't believe that the Moose left no sign other than a few tracks.

There is absolutely no way you can have 10 foot tall bipeds roaming around near you and you can't provide anything more than a very poor photo. A photo in which no one but you can see anything remarkable.

There's no way any rational, objective person would believe you.

Ah and once again the lecture to deny Bigfoot. I get it, you don't think they exist. Good for you. But they do.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:10 AM   #235
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Ah and once again the lecture to deny Bigfoot. I get it, you don't think they exist. Good for you. But they do.
Then get a decent picture the next time one is 50 feet away from you...

This is a skeptic board.

I'm trying to help you.

If it means speaking frankly to you, so be it.

I don't think I have ever been anything other than civil to you.

Let me guess, you didn't notice the bigfoot until you reviewed the video?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 10th September 2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:10 AM   #236
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

8-foot, 9-foot, 10-foot ape
Daylight come mon, footie wan' go home.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 11:18 AM   #237
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Yeah, I realized I was running the risk of appearing to be a fanatic by making a single response to your demonstrable nonsense.

Busted, I guess.

I thought you said you were from the planet KY.
No that's where the jelly comes from.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 11:21 AM   #238
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
Each player has his own motivation: money, fun, attention seeking...
The forum scene being a place to self-medicate. Each posting is like a drag on a cig. Posting great numbers of responses each day is a way to pass the time when days and nights can seem 63 hours long.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:22 AM   #239
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Then get a decent picture the next time one is 50 feet away from you....
Exactly.

Whilst I find it disappointing that we still get no evidence but yet get many claims, I would like to pay tribute to Chris' calm and polite manner on here. This has been exemplary.

It'd be great if you could now find something exemplary to back up your assertions, Chris.

Mike
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2013, 11:22 AM   #240
Drewbot
Philosopher

Chris, I'm not saying you are in need of medical help. I'm not saying you are lying. I am saying that you can't come on here and say they exist, "they do", without providing some evidence. Do you realize how silly it is, to say an animal 10-12' tall is lurking about in semi-rural counties in Kentucky? Think carefully about what you are saying. You are saying that you can drive somewhere, park your car in a parking lot, walk for an hour on a trail, and run into creatures that are 10-12' tall, yet you can't get a clear photograph of one. That is extremely silly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal