ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 10th July 2017, 01:17 PM   #3281
Lucian
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Ho-lee crap. I had never seen that.

"Curt Nelson, Microbiologist from the University of Minnesota" sounds pretty impressive, right? I mean, it sounds like he's some big deal professor from the University of Minnesota. A little digging, however, reveals that he's not a professor and his appointment is at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, i.e., one of the branch campuses of the university system. (That's not a bad thing and there are fantastic people working on branch campuses of major universities across the country. But it does tend to be easier to get and keep a faculty job at them than it is at the main campus. It's certainly not wrong to say that he's at the University of Minnesota, but it is a bit disingenuous to omit the detail that he's at a branch campus.)

So what's his job at UMNTwin Cities? He's a staff scientist in this guy's lab in the department of Entomology. So not a professor and not a leading scientist. He's more a technician who supports others' research. Again, that's not a bad thing, but it's disingenuous to describe him as they do.

The dude has a grand total of four publications listed in this research lab; the most recent in 2012 and the only lead-authored publication in 2008. I can't find any other information on him, e.g., if he has a doctorate.

In sum, he could be a fine gentleman, he's likely quite skilled in genetic analysis, and he could be a first-rate scientist. For the program, however, someone trumped up his credentials and the objective evidence I've been able to track down suggests that he's not particularly active. The fact that he's palling around with Meldrum on this junket doesn't give me a lot of confidence in him.

As for the content, they actually played connect-the-dots with the bloody screws on the board and - lo and behold - Meldrum drew what looked like 2/3 of a bigfoot's big foot! It's again comedy gold from Jeffy if I'm feeling generous and dangerous pseudoscience if I'm not.
Minor quibble: the University of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities are the same thing. It's the main campus, not a branch. Part of it is in Minneapolis; part of it is in St. Paul. Similarly, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign is the main campus.
Lucian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 02:37 PM   #3282
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
Minor quibble: the University of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities are the same thing. It's the main campus, not a branch. Part of it is in Minneapolis; part of it is in St. Paul. Similarly, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign is the main campus.
Yikes - that's not minor! That's a major gaffe on my part, and I offer my apologies to all. Thanks for catching it and for correcting me. I'll see about editing that post.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 02:42 PM   #3283
The Shrike
Illuminator

Thanks to Lucian for pointing out my error regarding the University of Minnesota and Curt Nelson's position there. Here's an amended version of my original post:

Ho-lee crap. I had never seen that.

"Curt Nelson, Microbiologist from the University of Minnesota" sounds pretty impressive, right? I mean, it sounds like he's some big deal professor from the University of Minnesota. A little digging, however, reveals that he's not a professor: He's a staff scientist in this guy's lab in the department of Entomology. So not a professor and not a leading scientist. He's more a technician who supports others' research. That's not a bad thing, but it's disingenuous to describe him as they do.

The dude has a grand total of four publications listed in this research lab; the most recent in 2012 and the only lead-authored publication in 2008. I can't find any other information on him, e.g., if he has a doctorate.

In sum, he could be a fine gentleman, he's likely quite skilled in genetic analysis, and he could be a first-rate scientist. For the program, however, someone trumped up his credentials and the objective evidence I've been able to track down suggests that he's not particularly active. The fact that he's palling around with Meldrum on this junket doesn't give me a lot of confidence in him.

As for the content, they actually played connect-the-dots with the bloody screws on the board and - lo and behold - Meldrum drew what looked like 2/3 of a bigfoot's big foot! It's again comedy gold from Jeffy if I'm feeling generous and dangerous pseudoscience if I'm not.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 06:36 PM   #3284
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Okay that's it bub, you're off the University of Maryland's University College College Campus Geography Collage of College And University Campus Geographies steering committee.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 06:27 AM   #3285
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Okay that's it bub, you're off the University of Maryland's University College College Campus Geography Collage of College And University Campus Geographies steering committee.
Can I be Endowed Chair of the Indiana Hillbilly Extension Campus College (Staff Only Division -- No Students and No Community Involvement)?
Old 11th July 2017, 10:50 AM   #3286
Wolrab
Illuminator

Yikes - that's not minor! That's a major gaffe on my part, and I offer my apologies to all. Thanks for catching it and for correcting me. I'll see about editing that post.
And that is why you could never be a Footer or a Truther. Never retract!
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 10:54 AM   #3287
Drewbot
Philosopher

I saw a Bigfoot today.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 11:07 AM   #3288
Drewbot
Philosopher

Oops sorry, wrong North American Bipedal Primate.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 01:31 PM   #3289
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

NL, those pictures on your profile, was that you in the costume or one of your mates?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 04:37 AM   #3290
Drewbot
Philosopher

One of the only scientifically proven facts about Bigfoot is:

Bacon demand increases exponentially when a Bigfoot conference is in town.
Old 12th July 2017, 06:18 AM   #3291
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
NL, those pictures on your profile, was that you in the costume or one of your mates?
I don't own a costume, nor does anyone I know own a costume.
Old 12th July 2017, 07:08 AM   #3292
Argumemnon
World Maker

Is Bigfoot proven yet?

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 07:35 AM   #3293
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
So you were getting pranked by someone who knew you were out there, meaning, you're obviously in a region that is pretty much well-known and well-traversed by many people.

I mean, you don't expect anyone to believe that that obviously baggy suit with no definition is an actual Bigfoot, do you?

That's the thing, believers make a fuss over Patty's non-existing "musculature," yet when they offer their own attempts at hoaxes, they use relatively silly costumes. Have you seen the baggy legs in that one picture you have?

So, your group of avid researchers is clearly no more or less BLAARGY than the next group, really. You're either being hoaxed by Bob from down the street, or you're actually attempting your own hoaxes. Bigfootery at its most natural.

I hope you won't be offering any of those types of obvious hoaxed pictures as your bet-winner! If you thought anyone would buy them, then you need to go back to Roger Patterson Elementary.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 07:37 AM   #3294
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Is Bigfoot disproven yet?
Pretty much, yeah.

Old 12th July 2017, 07:40 AM   #3295
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

So, you actually want us to believe that this is a Bigfoot?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=10704

I mean, could you guys not even put some of that "expedition" money to better use, instead of messing about in the woods behind your house, you could've had a whipround and at least bought a better costume.

Or will you be going the Patterson-route and using this costume as a base-suit which you can modify?

I mean, come on, NL, seriously, though. Up your game, mate

Last edited by Gilbert Syndrome; 12th July 2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12th July 2017, 08:56 AM   #3296
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I don't think NL and his gang are claiming responsibility for that pic. If you go do a Google image search, it comes up in several hits.

Which means NL put it on his profile because he believes it to be a genuine bigfoot, most likely. Not sure which is worse. If I recall correctly, this is what NL was hinting at when he said his chances of winning the bet may have improved.

http://www.thethings.com/15-terrifyi...ou-goosebumps/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMOU...annel=iMerkzzU

http://www.thecryptocrew.com/2013/04...igfoot-in.html

Last edited by dmaker; 12th July 2017 at 09:00 AM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 09:03 AM   #3297
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
I don't think NL and his gang are claiming responsibility for that pic. If you go do a Google image search, it comes up in several hits.

Which means NL put it on his profile because he believes it to be a genuine bigfoot, most likely. Not sure which is worse. If I recall correctly, this is what NL was hinting at when he said his chances of winning the bet may have improved.

http://www.thethings.com/15-terrifyi...ou-goosebumps/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMOU...annel=iMerkzzU

http://www.thecryptocrew.com/2013/04...igfoot-in.html
Well that's even worse, lol. How can you be impressed with Patty and yet also be impressed with that obviously baggy costume?

This is why I miss the good ole days of Bigfootery. People don't even try hard anymore. Typical Walmart-bought costumes, even the "killer clowns" put more effort into their appearance when making prank videos. Bigfooters are literally being upstaged by a bunch of clowns.

Old 12th July 2017, 09:30 AM   #3298
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Tbf, though, after browsing that 15 Terrifying Trail-Cam Pics thing, I have to say, the silly Bigfoot suit is probably only the 5th most embarrassing snap on there, and that's saying something.

Hands-down the worst part of all of it is the absolutely embarrassing write-ups that go along with each pic.

This is what it's all come to.

The supernatural, crytpozoology, and all things that go bump in the night, have all died a death. Long gone are the days of mystery and wonder. All hail the age of the half-arsed!

Last edited by Gilbert Syndrome; 12th July 2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:31 AM   #3299
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

People like to fool/scare themselves; I guess that's the attraction here. What they actually believe is anyone's surmise, but if you claim that photo as legit, there isn't much to say, you're just being silly either way.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 10:11 AM   #3300
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I guess NL got bored of looking at pics of trees, rocks and broken branches.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 10:37 AM   #3301
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Here's a person who claims (I think) to be a bioengineering scientist:
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/55398...ndings/?page=3
Quote:
No, and I think this really highlights an underpinning of the skeptical reaction that makes witnesses so uncomfortable, even when you're trying to be nice and generous as you are with this statement. It's not their belief that deserves respect, it's the reliability of their senses. You're telling them they're mistaken about things they saw and heard unambiguously, leaving them no rebuttal except "I know what I saw," to which you respond "No, you don't." You're denying their most basic connection to the external world, their vision and hearing. At the level of an individual story, it's disrespectful, at the level of tens of thousands of stories, it becomes kind of an untenable position.

And to be firmly on-topic for this thread, I think findings need to be shared a lot more widely, and you're absolutely right about one thing: your type of reaction is a big reason people don't share.
The reason the application of the scientific method is so important is the opposite of the highlighted, the fallibility of our senses. We like to fool ourselves, and as Feyman noted, we are the easiest to fool. I wonder if this engineer wings it with his reliable senses when working on a project or if he goes with the ole calculus?

As far the tens of thousands of stories, do we then attach significance to the tens of thousands of dragon stories emanating from Asia and beyond over thousands of years?

ETA: This is the same person who fantasizes about bigfoot structures/symbols in a forest preserve on a northern border of Chicago. Actually they are (and this takes no time to research) homeless shelters and markings. Also, this preserve is being refurbed, as all are in the Cook County system, and every inch is being traversed in an effort to remove invasive species, resulting in even more "stick structures" that are to be controlled burns. Again, it takes about five minutes of research to discover, but why learn the truth when the fantasy is much more fun?

Tom McGuane

Last edited by Resume; 12th July 2017 at 10:56 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 01:48 PM   #3302
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

That picture reminds me of Farmer Ted trying to get his friends to take his picture with the babe in the car in Sixteen Candles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ted.jpg (21.2 KB, 8 views)
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 01:55 PM   #3303
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
That picture reminds me of Farmer Ted trying to get his friends to take his picture with the babe in the car in Sixteen Candles.
lol, being a fan of Anthony Michael Hall in most things, and a John Hughes fan, I can tell you, that didn't half make me laugh!

Old 13th July 2017, 05:28 PM   #3304
EHocking
Philosopher

So, you actually want us to believe that this is a Bigfoot?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=10704
That is so obviously a black bear costume - claws and all. Since when did BF have claws?
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 10:09 AM   #3305
Northern Lights
Muse

From last week, let me see if I can clarify some things.

First, I had no clue the pictures in my album were considered part of my profile. I don't care they are, but I was using it as a repository and was ignorant to the fact that they were viewable to everyone. P.S., stalker alert GS. Geez, really?

Second, I don't recall why I originally put the trail cam picture in the album and I don't recall ever sharing it with this group and I certainly don't recall ever making a claim it an "actual Bigfoot" as GS indicated. I may be mistaken since I won't be re-reading all my posts here.

And with that said, my position on ALL pictures/videos as it stands today is there is currently NONE that would meet the standard of evidence of the existence of Sasquatch. There are some that are compelling/interesting but none of them are evidence. If I have ever made the claim they were, then I was wrong to do so.

Third, we don't charge a fee for our trips, so there is no "expedition money" to use. And if anyone does attempt to pull a hoax on us, they would not be invited back. That did happen where a guy made a claim of a seeing one, but upon review of his claim, we determined he was fabricating the whole thing and is no longer part of our group.

fourth, none of this has anything to do with my earlier comment about the possibility of winning the bet. I haven't elaborated on that statement and it doesn't have anything to do with Dr. Meldrum and his endeavors. I will provide details if I have been given permission. That hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful.

I will keep you posted, maybe.
Old 15th July 2017, 03:43 PM   #3306
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Third, we don't charge a fee for our trips, so there is no "expedition money" to use. And if anyone does attempt to pull a hoax on us, they would not be invited back. That did happen where a guy made a claim of a seeing one, but upon review of his claim, we determined he was fabricating the whole thing and is no longer part of our group.
Technically you don't charge for trips, you just charge a $40 annual membership fee in order to go on your expeditions. Difference without a distinction.
Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the 2017 SRA Sasquatch Expeditions are now scheduled and open for registration. As a part of our mission to conduct field research and educate people about sasquatches, we will be hosting two expeditions in 2017 on May 18-21 and September 7-10, open and FREE to all SRA Members, Researchers, and Patrons.

Tom McGuane

Last edited by Resume; 15th July 2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 15th July 2017, 06:06 PM   #3307
dmaker
Graduate Poster

...a guy made a claim of a seeing one, but upon review of his claim, we determined he was fabricating the whole thing and is no longer part of our group.
The irony in that statement is double-fudge chocolate rich.
Old 15th July 2017, 08:13 PM   #3308
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Third, we don't charge a fee for our trips, so there is no "expedition money" to use. And if anyone does attempt to pull a hoax on us, they would not be invited back. That did happen where a guy made a claim of a seeing one, but upon review of his claim, we de
Hello, Northern Lights. We've never interacted before as you joined the forum during a time I was rarely active on the forum as I posted mainly at the BFF.

I would like to ask, and if it's personal I understand, but are you Sasquatch Reasearch Association co-counder Andy P who wrote the following piece called Squatch Crazy?...

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/squatch-crazy/

Also, if you want to be up front about your organization where money is concerned, you could simply post this...

Quote:
Money and the SRA

Money is always a touchy subject in the bigfoot community, mostly because so many people have used the subject as a quick way to try and make a buck. It seems no one trusts anyone anymore in this community. But, as life in a free market would have it, you cannot run an organization like this without some form of income.

The SRA is organized as an LLC, similar in nature to other more conventional groups with similar natural goals like the Audubon Society or Ducks Unlimited. The company will in fact make money, if all goes well, but such money will be turned around and reinvested in the search for sasquatch to fund the following:

The internet services and operating costs of the SRA
Equipment for the support of the SRAs primary mission
Field research and expedition expenses (eventually, if we grow large enough wed like to fund grants to young primatologists/anthropologists willing to study these beings in the field)
Administration costs including the possibility of hiring employees as the organization grows (the founders will not take salaries from the SRA until such a time as the organization grows sufficiently to require one or more of them to devote more than 10 hours a week to the organization. We all have full-time jobs/businesses of our own and are not looking for a new source of income at all.)
To these ends, the SRA will post the basics of our balance sheets on the members section of our website so that all members will know exactly what their dues and talents are going towards.
http://sasquatchresearchers.org/our-mission/

I was once very much like you and an ardent proponent of Bigfoot. Unlike you I found that all the evidence available, literally all of it, when put under critical scrutiny always turns out to be vapour. I have long since gone from believer to fence-sitter to skeptic. What interests me most now is the culture of Bigfoot belief and claims of reliable evidence.

If you are indeed Andy of SRA, I found your story about your experiences with BFRO expeditions to be highly entertaining. I have studied those expeditions and been writing about the BFRO for many years now. I look forward to hearing from you.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 07:20 AM   #3309
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Hello, Northern Lights. We've never interacted before as you joined the forum during a time I was rarely active on the forum as I posted mainly at the BFF.

I would like to ask, and if it's personal I understand, but are you Sasquatch Reasearch Association co-counder Andy P who wrote the following piece called Squatch Crazy?...

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/squatch-crazy/

Also, if you want to be up front about your organization where money is concerned, you could simply post this...

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/our-mission/

I was once very much like you and an ardent proponent of Bigfoot. Unlike you I found that all the evidence available, literally all of it, when put under critical scrutiny always turns out to be vapour. I have long since gone from believer to fence-sitter to skeptic. What interests me most now is the culture of Bigfoot belief and claims of reliable evidence.

If you are indeed Andy of SRA, I found your story about your experiences with BFRO expeditions to be highly entertaining. I have studied those expeditions and been writing about the BFRO for many years now. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Kit. No, I'm not Andy, I'm Todd.

I'm not a prolific poster here but do hang around reading through the associated threads occasionally jumping in, but for the most part stay on the sidelines. I've attended many BFRO expeditions and was even on my way to becoming an investigator when the SRA was established and I decided to go with them instead.

I appreciate your position after scrutinizing the evidence, but the difference between you and I is what I've experienced, which keeps me on the dark side. You can listen to it here: http://sasquatchresearchers.org/repo...ion-sept-2013/

I understand this isn't evidence but it's what I personally experienced and would appreciate hearing your feedback.

Enjoy.
NL
Old 16th July 2017, 07:33 AM   #3310
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Thanks for clarifying that and the link. I will listen soon and get back to you.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:10 AM   #3311
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
That is so obviously a black bear costume - claws and all. Since when did BF have claws?
I agree, and I don't really understand why they allowed the clawed hands to be seen in that picture, unless the people responsible weren't actually aiming for a Bigfoot hoax.

The baby T-Rex costume from that page is amazing!

Old 16th July 2017, 11:13 AM   #3312
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

From last week, let me see if I can clarify some things.

First, I had no clue the pictures in my album were considered part of my profile. I don't care they are, but I was using it as a repository and was ignorant to the fact that they were viewable to everyone. P.S., stalker alert GS. Geez, really?

Second, I don't recall why I originally put the trail cam picture in the album and I don't recall ever sharing it with this group and I certainly don't recall ever making a claim it an "actual Bigfoot" as GS indicated. I may be mistaken since I won't be re-reading all my posts here.

And with that said, my position on ALL pictures/videos as it stands today is there is currently NONE that would meet the standard of evidence of the existence of Sasquatch. There are some that are compelling/interesting but none of them are evidence. If I have ever made the claim they were, then I was wrong to do so.

fourth, none of this has anything to do with my earlier comment about the possibility of winning the bet. I haven't elaborated on that statement and it doesn't have anything to do with Dr. Meldrum and his endeavors. I will provide details if I have been given permission. That hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful.

I will keep you posted, maybe.
Stalker alert? lol. I already told you I like to click your profile from time to time, as I see on you on here so often in lurk-mode. Frankly, I wonder what your interest is in coming here, but it's your life. Your picture album, entitled "Squatch", is totally visible, obviously, and I'm obviously going to click it to see what's in there, seeing as how you have a running bet with me. All I can say is good luck winning that one.

Old 16th July 2017, 11:54 AM   #3313
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Stalker alert? lol. I already told you I like to click your profile from time to time, as I see on you on here so often in lurk-mode. Frankly, I wonder what your interest is in coming here, but it's your life. Your picture album, entitled "Squatch", is totally visible, obviously, and I'm obviously going to click it to see what's in there, seeing as how you have a running bet with me. All I can say is good luck winning that one.
Yeah, "stalker". What a weird accusation. I post my pictures is public and am surprised that anyone actually looked at them. What planet does that make sense on?
Old 16th July 2017, 12:01 PM   #3314
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Yeah, "stalker". What a weird accusation. I post my pictures is public and am surprised that anyone actually looked at them. What planet does that make sense on?
I guess he thought they were being posted in a super-secret location, lol. If you have a photo-album, called "Squatch", no less, then guys like me are gonna pop in and have a nose. I'm a nosy guy.

Old 16th July 2017, 01:47 PM   #3315
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I guess he thought they were being posted in a super-secret location, lol. If you have a photo-album, called "Squatch", no less, then guys like me are gonna pop in and have a nose. I'm a nosy guy.
I double checked before I replied. Why on earth did NL think a public album was private? I just can't feature that.
Old 16th July 2017, 02:33 PM   #3316
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I double checked before I replied. Why on earth did NL think a public album was private? I just can't feature that.
I recently made my own album, and at no point did I assume it would be private, lol. It's pretty clear that it's a public folder, IIRC.

More to the point, why have all of those Bigfoot-related pictures with no tagline or indication that you didn't take the pictures? It certainly looks like it's his album with his pictures, taken by him or people he knows, which is why I asked regarding the obviously hoaxed shots of a bloke in a suit on a couple of pics.

Anyway, NL, forgive me for snooping around in your public photo album and assuming that the pictures contained therein where yours, but you can see my confusion as they can appear to be pictures posted by you during one of your trips. No harm done, although I do wonder why you have those pictures up if they're not yours, especially the obvious bloke-in-suit ones and the random snaps of twisted branches and stuff.

Old 16th July 2017, 03:13 PM   #3317
Northern Lights
Muse

Yeah, "stalker". What a weird accusation.
It was from the movie Deadpool. It was a joke.
Old 16th July 2017, 04:01 PM   #3318
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

REal soon, any day now any day now....

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 01:35 PM   #3319
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
REal soon, any day now any day now....
The thread's creator is still hopeful, I see his last activity came just 4 months ago.

Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber: So you're tellin' me there's a chance?!

Old 18th July 2017, 04:48 AM   #3320
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Moose investigation. OK, If you tell me you have Moose on your land in NC. I'd want to question you about your sighting. Try to determine if it could be mistaken identity. If there is evidence available, I'd want to review it. If you show me a blurry photo or video of something that resembles a Moose my curiosity may be triggered.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal